Put Up Or Shut Up, Katie Higgins +^

Chas.

Nov 20, 2022, 5:28:00 AM11/20/22
Put Up Or Shut Up, Katie Higgins +

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 3:48:19 AM UTC-8, Katie Higgins wrote:
> My point is that you do not know if you are reading authentic Gosho or accurate translations - I have to add that you seem to completely ignore the most forthright statements Nichiren makes about Shakyamuni— even in the Major , authentic Gosho !
>
> ~ Katie

As I have said before, the authenticity of any document or Gohonzon can only be challenged with the absolutely best kind of science: (a) the kind of imaging that spotted the scraped off and overwritten Archimedes Palimpsest underneath the biblical texts and (b) the kind of AMS carbon dating using a particle accelerator that separates out carbon-14 atoms by counting the atoms themselves and not by counting their decay products on a detector.

[BTW, AMS carbon dating only requires 250 micrograms (like 4 grains of salt) of final carbon and can get better than 1 part in 200 error for the final identified sample age: for Nichiren Daishonin's era that's a precision of around 4 years. That precision is independent of sample size, but mixing materials (in the original construction of the sample artifact, or in sample preparation) reduces the precision, which is obtained by integrating over (counting atoms) differently-aged population carbon isotope peak distributions in the mass spectrum:
https://www.radiocarbon.com/radiometric-plus.htm]

If you are unwilling to submit YOUR documents to scientific analysis, and only to YOUR "expert's" analysis? Then you lack the requisite objectivity to make any claims that can be substantiated by objectivity: your claims are unscientific, non-academic and subjective and can be thrown out upon first inspection of them.

In other words, put up or shut up.

-Chas.

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 4:53:14 AM UTC-8, Katie Higgins wrote:
> Can you provide evidence that your sect is employing what you claim are "scientific methods " to authenticate " your" documents ? Would like to see how SGI applies the rigors of scientific method to support their " elitist " claims ‼️
>
> ~ Katie

Don't reverse this. YOU OF NICHIREN SHU ARE THE ONES DISPUTING THE AUTHENTICITY OF DOCUMENTS AND OBJECTS OF DEVOTION.

I'm saying that if you dispute in that way and make those accusations, you need to be the first to publicly and scientifically authenticate both by dating and by the Archimedes Palimpsest imaging methods of spotting the doctoring of documents and objects of devotion (all easily located on the web page for the PBS Nova episode on that topic.) Then, you have an objective basis for complaint. Otherwise you continue the subjective "experts" battle, which is just noise.

And by publicly, I mean that ANY NEGATIVE RESULTS MUST BE PUBLISHED, any exceptions would be a guaranteed sign of alteration or fabrication.

You, the accusers from Nichiren Shu, must come clean first. Then your accusations hold some objective and scientific weight.

-Chas.

Quoting from "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 418 ...

The Complete and Final Teaching on Perfect Enlightenment Sutra declares, "The beginningless illusions and ignorance that beset all living beings are all produced by the perfectly enlightened mind of the Thus Come Ones."