20,000 Buddhas named Sun Moon Bright Would Agree +^

Chas.

Nov 23, 2022, 4:27:52 AM11/23/22

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 6:36:32 AM UTC-8, Katie Higgins wrote:
> Apparently Chas does not know the Origen of his " common mortal as true Buddha" doctrine -
>
> How could he ? He had no perspective on the Tendai infiltration of his Shoshu lineage - .Chas pnly knows SGI-brand bunk .
>
> Willful ignorance is no laughing matter
>
> ~ Katie

From "On the Buddha's Prophecy", WND I, p. 402:

"Shakyamuni taught that the shallow is easy to embrace, but the profound is difficult. To discard the shallow and seek the profound is the way of a person of courage."

It is easy to accept that the eternal Buddha is someone outside yourself, gazing up at an enormous statue of Shakyamuni, falsely deified as a man-God like Jesus, or as God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth like Yahweh/Elohim/Jehovah/Allah.

How could anyone accept that little old me is the eternal Buddha, whose "actual name of the entity" is "Myoho-Renge"?

And yet only that acceptance allows the words of the Jiga-ge of the Life Span Chapter, quoted above to be the entire and pure truth coming out of your mouth during Gongyo:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren/EdH7dbugZVY/xcssLq5JAwAJ

Only that acceptance allows the words of Shakyamuni in the Lotus Sutra to be true: where he describes all of those other great Buddhas preaching the Lotus Sutra complete with the Jiga-ge of the Life Span Chapter to vast multitudes over the ages in different parts of the universe.

In Chapter 1 of the Lotus Sutra:

"buddha named Sun Moon Bright"
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/lsoc/Content/1#para-274

... "Then there was another buddha who was also named Sun Moon
... Bright, and then another buddha also named Sun Moon Bright.
... There were twenty thousand buddhas like this, all with the
... same appellation, all named Sun Moon Bright. And all had
... the same surname, the surname Bharadvaja."

All of those 20,000 Buddhas with the same name and surname, all of them attaining enlightenment through the Lotus Sutra, all of them preaching the Lotus Sutra to multitudes of followers, all of them reciting the Jiga-ge during the ceremony in the air to their emanations collected from the ten directions and three existences in a single moment of life.

All saying:
Lotus Sutra: 16, "Life Span of the Thus Come One", p. 270-271
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/lsoc/Content/16#para-33

. Since I attained buddhahood
. the number of kalpas that have passed
. is an immeasurable hundreds, thousands, ten thousands,
. millions, trillions, asamkhyas.
. Constantly I have preached the Law, teaching, converting
. countless millions of living beings,
. causing them to enter the buddha way,
. all this for immeasurable kalpas.
. In order to save living beings,
. as an expedient means I appear to enter nirvana
. but in truth I do not pass into extinction.
. I am always here, preaching the Law.
. I am always here,
. but through my transcendental powers
. I make it so that living beings in their befuddlement
. do not see me even when close by.

And for none of those 20,000, or for the countless others saying the same thing, are those words a lie: they are perfectly true!

They are speaking the truth that Katie Higgins believes is a lie out her mouth, when in fact, it is not a lie for her, either!

-Chas.

Quoting from "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 418 ...

The Complete and Final Teaching on Perfect Enlightenment Sutra declares, "The beginningless illusions and ignorance that beset all living beings are all produced by the perfectly enlightened mind of the Thus Come Ones."