Sampling in the Elite Gohonzon Cellar at Noel the Connoisseur's Place +^

Chas.

Nov 23, 2022, 4:24:46 AM11/23/22
Sampling in the Elite Gohonzon Cellar at Noel the Connoisseur's Place +
(Échantillonnage d'élite dans la cave de Gohonzon au manoir Noel, le connoisseur)

Noel is a world-renowned connoisseur of high-function ten-world Gohonzons inscribed by Nichiren Daishonin. It is a delight to visit him in his manor, and perhaps an opportunity, if he is feeling generous, to take a tour of his rare collection of high-function Gohonzons. If one is lucky, there is maybe a chance to see the most exquisite and highest-function supreme Gohonzon, that Noel has dubbed his "Grand Finale" Gohonzon. Such a treat!

Noel has arranged several key spotlights to perfectly light the Gohonzons as he takes them out and unrolls them onto a quick mount for examination by the select group of lucky viewers of his recherché.

With growing élan, the epicure leads the elect through the years and events of Nichiren's life, with a polished exposition on the times and events surrounding each inscribing, with no critical metadata left unreferenced: Noel is thorough without being repetitive or boring, the perfect host for the seeker of the exquisite life condition experience. Maybe we'll get to see the crème de la crème tonight!

Noel climbs steadily and inexorably towards the finest and rarest of these Gohonzons, his delivery becoming more confident and expansive, finally ending at the pinnacle, the finest vintage Nichiren Daishonin ten-world Gohonzon available. As the "Grand Finale" Gohonzon is unrolled, a hush grows over the small select group of nonpareil. Noel is positively glowing in his sharing moment, such infinite compassion!

He explains that it is the rare privilege of the haut monde of chanters of the daimoku, to chant to a Gohonzon that is not the pedestrian Gohonzon of the hoi polloi, the commoners in their millions with their low-function Gohonzons. We are so blessed to be here with him, so fortunate!

As we leave Noel's manor, we are in such a glowing state of happiness and well-being, and ready to begin our own collection: to be connoisseurs just like Noel! He has changed our life with his collection! We are "penseurs éclairés", enlightened thinkers, now!

-Chas.

Quoting from "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 418 ...

The Complete and Final Teaching on Perfect Enlightenment Sutra declares, "The beginningless illusions and ignorance that beset all living beings are all produced by the perfectly enlightened mind of the Thus Come Ones."