Wake Up, Little Katie! It's Time To Go Home! +^

Chas.

Nov 23, 2022, 4:25:09 AM11/23/22

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 1:37:11 AM UTC-8, Katie Higgins wrote:
> Arbitrary opinion!
>
> Guess who you have to thank for thinking it's a " doctrine"?
>
> ~Katie

I guess Nichiren Daishonin, and here are a small selection of Gosho quotes supporting that view.

Note the first one, from "The Opening of the Eyes," no less, where Nichiren Daishonin states clearly that all the Buddhas, no matter what provisional sutra it is in which they appear, they all attained enlightenment through the Lotus Sutra.

From "The Opening of the Eyes," WND I, pp. 260-261:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/30#para-217

... THE VARIOUS BUDDHAS, BODHISATTVAS, AND HEAVENLY AND HUMAN
... BEINGS DESCRIBED IN THE SUTRAS THAT PRECEDED THE LOTUS MAY
... SEEM TO HAVE GAINED ENLIGHTENMENT THROUGH THE PARTICULAR
... SUTRAS IN WHICH THEY APPEAR. But in fact they attained
... enlightenment only through the Lotus Sutra. THE GENERAL VOW
... TAKEN BY SHAKYAMUNI AND THE OTHER BUDDHAS TO SAVE COUNTLESS
... LIVING BEINGS FINDS FULFILLMENT THROUGH THE LOTUS SUTRA.

From "The Teaching, Practice, and Proof," WND I, p. 481:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/57#para-26

... Then, pausing briefly, tell them that the five characters
... of Myoho-renge-kyo, the heart of the essential teaching of
... the Lotus Sutra, CONTAIN THE BENEFIT AMASSED THROUGH THE
... COUNTLESS PRACTICES AND MERITORIOUS DEEDS OF ALL BUDDHAS
... THROUGHOUT THE THREE EXISTENCES.

From "The Opening of the Eyes," WND I, p. 266:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/30#para-258

... For the space of a kalpa one may honor and GIVE ALMS TO THE
... VARIOUS THUS COME ONES WHO ARE AS COUNTLESS AS THE DUST
... PARTICLES OF THOSE TEN BUDDHA LANDS.

From 'Expedient Means and "Life Span" Chapters,' WND I, p. 70:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/9#para-14

... If a woman who believes in the Lotus Sutra should ever fall
... into the evil paths as a result of jealousy or ill temper
... or because of excessive greed, THEN THE THUS COME ONE
... SHAKYAMUNI, THE BUDDHA MANY TREASURES, AND THE BUDDHAS OF
... THE TEN DIRECTIONS WOULD IMMEDIATELY BE GUILTY OF BREAKING
... THE VOW THEY HAVE UPHELD OVER THE SPAN OF COUNTLESS KALPAS
... NEVER TO TELL A LIE.

From "On Offerings for Deceased Ancestors," WND I, p. 820:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/98#para-26

... The Venerable Maudgalyāyana put his faith in the Lotus
... Sutra, which is the greatest good there is, and thus NOT
... ONLY DID HE HIMSELF ATTAIN BUDDHAHOOD, BUT HIS FATHER AND
... MOTHER DID SO AS WELL. AND, AMAZING AS IT MAY SEEM, ALL THE
... FATHERS AND MOTHERS OF THE PRECEDING SEVEN GENERATIONS AND
... THE SEVEN GENERATIONS THAT FOLLOWED, INDEED, OF COUNTLESS
... LIFETIMES BEFORE AND AFTER, WERE ABLE TO BECOME BUDDHAS. IN
... ADDITION, ALL THEIR SONS, THEIR WIVES OR HUSBANDS, THEIR
... RETAINERS, SUPPORTERS, AND COUNTLESS OTHER PERSONS NOT ONLY
... WERE ENABLED TO ESCAPE FROM THE THREE EVIL PATHS, BUT ALL
... ATTAINED THE FIRST STAGE OF SECURITY AND THEN BUDDHAHOOD,
... THE STAGE OF PERFECT ENLIGHTENMENT.

From "On Prayer," WND I, p. 339:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-1/Content/38#para-24

... After that, bodhisattvas from this world and from other
... regions assembled together like gathering clouds or so many
... stars. AND WHEN THE "TREASURE TOWER" CHAPTER WAS PREACHED,
... THE BUDDHAS OF THE TEN DIRECTIONS GATHERED ROUND, EACH
... ACCOMPANIED BY COUNTLESS NUMBERS OF BODHISATTVAS.

If those countless Buddhas appeared in the Lotus Sutra that Shakyamuni preached 3000 years ago, when was it that they attained Buddhahood before that?

Even if they were followers of Shakyamuni in a previous existence, HIS NAME WAS NOT SHAKYAMUNI and he did not appear as a beautiful Indian male as depicted in the statues you so lovingly deify.

His eternal name, and mine and yours, is the "actual name of the entity," Myoho-Renge. It is the Law that is the teacher of all the Buddhas in the ten directions, not the Sanskrit name of an Indian man who died 3000 years ago, nor his earthly visage.

I would hazard a guess that the Gohonzon will always look similar in organization in all these worlds, in the language of the Buddhas: in Chinese characters and spoken with the Japanese sounds. So, Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo will always look the same using photons or whatever particles transmit phenomena even x-rays or gammas, and also sound the same as sound pressure waves through a medium which could be a gas, liquid or solid medium. I would also predict that the family name of the Buddha preaching the Lotus Sutra would not be in Sanskrit and THUS COULD NOT BE SHAKYA AND HIS NAME ON THE UPPER LEFT WILL NOT BE SHAKYAMUNI, EVEN IF IT WAS OR WILL BE THE MAN SHAKYAMUNI IN ANOTHER LIFE.

You are worshiping an impermanent image of a dead man, son of dead dynasty, not the eternal Buddha, Katie Higgins.

That is in the center of the Gohonzon and that name is "Myoho-Renge."

Wake up, lady.

-Chas.

Quoting from "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 418 ...

The Complete and Final Teaching on Perfect Enlightenment Sutra declares, "The beginningless illusions and ignorance that beset all living beings are all produced by the perfectly enlightened mind of the Thus Come Ones."