Refuting the Reddit "Whistle-Blowing" Atheist Gakkai-Haters +^

Chas.

Nov 23, 2022, 4:28:18 AM11/23/22
Refuting the Reddit "Whistle-Blowing" Atheist Gakkai-Haters +

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 3:06:44 AM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

[snip the header]

> Buzz is an atheist and not a member of "Nichiren Shu or Kempon Hokke Myomanji Sect who can see right through you. So pitiable you are Chas the useful idiot
> *********

No, he can't see through me, he simply does not understand what he has no knowledge of as an atheist. I'm sure Buzz would agree that being an atheist confers no mantle of knowledge that is unacquired.

> So, Chas, what are we to make of how the Soka Gakkai's pet political party Komeito voted IN FAVOR OF building nuclear power plants - with the explicit ability to enrich uranium to weapons-grade - in politically-unstable *Turkey*?

First, let's remember how the parliamentary system works. If you are a small party in a government ruling coalition you do not run the show, so Komeito can either go along with the ruling coalition policies or leave the coalition. Some day they may decide they have had enough, but they have not decided that yet.

Second, Komeito, while started by the Soka Gakkai in reaction to governmental obstruction mainly from collusion with enemy sects of Buddhism back in the day (third powerful enemy opposition) ... that New Komeito is no longer driven by the Soka Gakkai leadership, they are a completely autonomous political entity on their own and make their own decisions without any consultation with the SGI.

Beyond the politics, let's attack the notion that having peaceful nuclear power (ignoring the obvious problems and historic failures of that system of energy development) implies entering the plutonium production cycle, or the uranium-enriching cycle, which are required for building nuclear weapons. That would be in violation of international law and a number of signed treaties. There is no evidence of that in any of the countries using nuclear power for peaceful energy production, only in rogue nations like North Korea, and well, Pakistan and Israel has gotten away with this, too. Iran has suspended this activity and are under constant monitoring by the IAEA.

Oh, I see, you are assuming, in your bigotry, that because Turkey is an Islamic state that they are THE Islamic State and terrorist. Well, that line has not been crossed yet, and remember they are a NATO partner, even though we are not getting along particularly well. As a NATO partner, they have hosted nuclear weapons (storing B61 bombs) for a number of years, and are unlikely to feel it necessary to develop them. I'm not supporting NATO policy here, merely reporting it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

> What are we to make of Komeito's support of "reinterpreting" Article 9 from the Japanese Constitution in order to re-arm Japan and permit it to engage in/participate in foreign wars? What about exporting weapons to foreign combatants?
>
> "The ruling bloc of Japan's government has just approved for their country to export weapons to other countries. The Buddhist party, New Komeito, while often presenting itself as a party of peace, also approved of the resolution."

Once again, while we bear ultimate responsibility for what Komeito does (notice that New Komeito is not the old Komeito that we are directly responsible for the formation of,) we have absolutely no control over what New Komeito does and can only apologize for our role in the original formation if they do something that we in the SGI would wish them not to have done.

> Makiguchi wasn't anti-war in the least - there is a record of him leading a "Banzai!" ("Long live the Emperor!") cheer after one Soka Kyoiku Gakkai shindig - >

Another bad translation from Noel. While I am not in favor of participating in Banzai! yells because of the history of yelling that while impaling bound prisoners in bayonet practicing during the Asian Holocaust and the Rape of Nanking, a better translation for Banzai! is "Victory or Death!"

Remember (I'm sure in your ignorance of history you do not,) that after the failure of the "Organ Theory" faction in the Diet, that the Emperor by law was no longer an organ of the government of the Japanese nation, he WAS the government. After that, publicly showing disrespect was treason with extreme punishments.

> "The philosophical thoughts of Soka Kyoiku Gakkai were of no exception; they, too, were rapidly turning into those of extremely militaristic outlook, reflecting the social background of this age."

I'm sure that if the Reddit whistle blowers had any evidence of this, they would present it. Instead they have chosen to impugn the thoughts in the minds of people, without any support of the description for the mechanism of mind-reading used to know those thoughts. This is fallacious reasoning in its most extreme form and is evidence of deep bias and intellectual dishonesty. So, I guess that blows the whistle on them!

> "In fact, nowhere in Makiguchi's writings, either before or during the war, either in prison or out, do we find any statements critical of Japan's wartime policies."

As we know from Logic, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence:

"In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence." — Copi, Introduction to Logic (1953), p. 95

Once again, after the "Organ Theory" faction in the Diet's utter failure, the Emperor became the government, and Shinto, by the name of Imperial Way Buddhism, became the state religion. That meant the Emperor was not just a manGod like Jesus, but instead God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth like Yahweh/Elohim/Jehovah/Allah.

This meant that Mr. Makiguchi could either (1) shakubuku as many citizens under the control of the oppressive government and grow the Soka Kyoiku Gakkai as fast as he could to make the best cause he could make before getting crushed, or (2) establish a war protest movement and be crushed at the outset. He took path (1), which is the path Nichiren Daishonin took, by the way. Make the best cause possible, which is not the path you have taken Noel, in aligning yourself and becoming complicit with Nichiren Shu treason against Nichiren Daishonin.

Furthermore, Imperial State Zen now ran the historical military government as in the Tokugawa Bakufu days, when Ieyasu Tokugawa was God Almighty under a very similar Shinto state religion invented by Tenkai for the Tokugawa Shogunate to force control of the country using Buddhism as the hammer.

Hence, Shinto (Imperial Way Buddhism) was the hammer that the military government (Imperial State Zen,) used to forge the entire nation into a weapon of war in their intent to enslave the peoples of the Pacific Rim via the means of prosecuting the Pacific War. Imperial Way Buddhism had been weaponized.

Mr. Makiguchi and Mr. Toda went to prison for resisting the Shinto talisman, the emblem of the weaponization of Buddhism in the Pacific War efforts for global enslavement. I would suggest that is a sufficiently anti-war statement, except for the completely biased Reddit Gakkai-haters.

> Guess THAT's why SGI members aren't encouraged to read anything written by Makiguchi, eh? Hey, speaking of Makiguchi, who was HIS "mentor", given that "mentor and disciple" is the only thing that matters any more?? Why do we never hear about Makiguchi's mentor??

Nichiren Daishonin, who is Jogyo, the eternal leader of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth and thus, the mentor of everyone in the SGI, including Mr. Makiguchi, who made the Gosho his mentor, unlike yourself who ignores the Gosho Zenshu entirely in promulgating your utter nonsense Low-Function versus High-Function Gohonzon theories.

> "But why, exactly, had Makiguchi and his leading followers been arrested? The answer to this question lies in Makiguchi's police records... On page one hundred and twenty-eight we learn that Makiguchi and his fellows were suspected of 'having desecrated the dignity of the Grand Shrine at Ise (earthly home of the Sun Goddess) and shown disrespect [toward His Majesty]'"
>
> "...of the eighteen questions his interrogators asked, not one of them evidences the least concern about Makiguchi's loyalty to his country let alone possible pacifist sentiments or opposition to the war effort. For the police, these were simply never at issue. What was of concern, however, were Makiguchi's religious views, especially those having to do with the emperor and the Shinto mythology surrounding the emperor."

Opposition to the Emperor WAS opposition to the Imperial State Zen war machine prosecuting the Pacific War of enslavement. Opposition to the Imperial Way Buddhism campaign of uniting the 90 million in their total self-sacrifice to that war effort to satisfy the desire of the Emperor God Almighty WAS an act of anti-war resistance, by its very nature. All of this is documented very thoroughly by another Gakkai-hating Zen Roshi in the book "Zen At War." Don't take my word on it.

> And then:
>
> "All of Japan's Buddhist sects -- which had not only contributed to the war effort but had been of one heart and soul in propagating the war in their teachings -- flipped around as smoothly as one turns one's hand and proceeded to ring the bells of peace."

Not so. In fact the only person to survive resisting that entire state machine of enslavement to the Emperor's desire for regional dictatorship, to the end of the war without bowing to it, was Mr. Toda and Mr. Makiguchi died from that resistance.

> Yep, that's *precisely* what the newly-minted Soka Gakkai did as well - distanced itself from its former incarnation as "Soka Kyoiku Gakkai" and took off in a new direction.
>
> "the Soka Gakkai only adopted "world peace" as a goal as damage control as a tactic to improve their public image, which had taken a beating during the pre-Ikeda Toda years due to aggressive, violent, disrespectful, offensive proselytizing. In addition, just like every Buddhist group that had been in favor of Japan's wartime effort, after it was all over, they immediately about-faced and started praising peace instead."

Well, that's just a big lie. When push came to shove, all the Nichiren sects became Shinto, including Nichiren Shoshu, and only the leaders of the Soka Gakkai went to the mat in resisting the Imperial Way Buddhism weaponization in the Pacific War efforts of Imperial State Zen, emblemized by bowing to the Shinto talisman on everyone's altars, except for the Soka Kyoiku Gakkai, led by Mr. Makiguchi and Mr. Toda, who went to prison for their resistance, where Mr. Makiguchi died.

> And what of the fact that Toda did not develop any anti-war sentiments until *after* the US dropped the big bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

I just explained above, what is documented in "Zen At War," that Imperial Way Buddhism WAS weaponized to prosecute the Pacific War, and resisting the Shinto talisman WAS resisting the war. Those are not just anti-war sentiments, they are anti-war resistance actions. Obviously, Mr. Toda could not have held opposition views to nuclear weapons until they were invented.

> The point that non-Japanese miss about the whole "Shinto talisman" deal, the reason the Japanese people recoiled in horror at the Soka Gakkai's "honmon no kaidan" concept and the Sho-Hondo, was because Ikeda intended to take over the Diet, replace Shinto with Nichiren Shoshu as the national religion, and move the nation's spiritual center from the Shinto Grand Ise Shrine to Taiseki-ji's Sho-Hondo. What this would do would be to de-legitimize the Emperor - Shinto establishes that it is his bloodline descendant of Amaterasu Omikami status that gives him the right to rule - so the Emperor could be replaced with Nichiren Shoshu/Soka Gakkai's own ruler, King Daisaku Ikeda.

First off, Shinto was crushed in the war, and only came back as a soft Buddhism amalgam, and Ise is nobody's spiritual center in Japan. The Emperor is nothing more than an "organ of government" now, and forever more. So that's the purist of crap.

While all of that rhetoric is a vast impugning of motives and requires mind-reading to believe it possible, certain items (as in any plausible fabrication) are true.

Shinto should be replaced by the Fuji School, because Shinto is absolute crap and totally disreputable after the Asian Holocaust it was weaponized was perpetrated by it.

I would suggest that having the spiritual center in the Fuji School instead of the Ise Shrine as center, would be a step up from that genocidal evil. Of course, the current squatting NST priesthood needs to leave the Fuji School, they are fraudulently self-appointed anyway and time's up for them:
http://nstemple.readyhosting.com/preface.html

The crap about making Sensei the king is just crap, that dear 90-year-old man is just writing now, so you can't wave around the panic flag on that one any more and be making any sense at all.

> The Japanese people *HATE* Ikeda and his stupid cult - one study found that only 4% of those polled would even *consider* joining the Soka Gakkai
>
> Chas, you're what's typically referred to as a "useful idiot" - feel free to look that up.

70% of the Japanese people are still affiliated with Nembutsu! These things take time, be patient. Shakubuku is the way!

Once again, Reddit is one of world's capitals of fake news.

-Chas.

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 2:18:08 PM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

[snip]

> More Fake news spews forth from the pit of endless lies which continually flows out of the mind of Chas
>
> I don't really care if you won't address the facts, as I'm sure they make you uncomfortable. I'm content to simply have the information available for anyone who's interested. If that's not you, then fine. -Buzzk
>
> Why didn't you give your answers when buzzk...@gmail.com was online?

Note that you call them lies without addressing a single point. Anyone can do that. I addressed every point with counterpoint, and my arguments hold up against the specious content of that screed.

Frankly, I don't operate on Buzz's schedule, when he is or isn't online is not my problem. He is content to provide misinformation about something he knows precious little about. That is what is called "fake news". He does not understand Buddhism, he knows nothing about Japanese politics or history, he is simply ignorant of the facts. That is why the Reddit garbage appeals to him. Sheer ignorance.

And furthermore, note that Noel has fallen back on "fake news," now that his Low-Function versus High-Function Gohonzon theories have been thoroughly refuted.

-Chas.

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 3:17:23 PM UTC-8, Noel wrote:
> How do you know Buzzk is a he. If Buzzk isn't a he then that's more of your fake news from your wild imagination that knows no bounds in how far it will steep

Crap. Buzz is a guy's name, like Jack, or Woody. I's a nickname without origin. Definitely a boy's name.

And by the way, Your Low-Function Versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories Are The Stupidest Ideas, Ever!

Do you have any answers to my latest or any earlier rebuttal to your Buddhist fantasies with no supporting text from the Gosho Zenshu whatsoever?

Those theories are purely the children of your overwrought imagination. Not Buddhism.

-Chas.

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 12:22:40 AM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

> If Ikeda isn't for Komeito why doesn't he come out and say it?

[snip the hype]

The purpose of starting Komeito originally was to create a choice in the government. It's politics.

People could choose to vote for Komeito and maybe have things work out better or not for Gakkai members and their families.

Before Komeito the choices were not good, the creation of Komeito changed things sufficiently to make the system livable, but not to perfect it.

Never make the perfect the enemy of the good. It's relatively better than it was. Same with New Komeito.

The system is different now, simply because a choice was created back then, but certainly perfection has not been achieved. For instance, Operation C was partly a creation of the political system, along with the press and conniving by Nichiren Shoshu with other sects that hate Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

They hated the SGI, because shakubuku ate into their financial base to the tune of eight million families now from a start of a few thousand members.

That's a lot of lost revenue and slanderous temples closed. That anger, along with press and corporate alliances with those sects, fueled the conspiracy that got the SGI excommunicated, effectively for doing shakubuku as Nichiren Daishonin intended.

We're here, sincere, get used to it!

If people don't like New Komeito they should pick another party to vote for.

If they don't like the coalition system of governing, they should move to change the Constitution.

Otherwise, they should stop complaining about how coalition rule works, and certainly not blame everything on New Komeito, because they are not in charge of the ruling coalition.

-Chas.

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 5:59:29 PM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

> >If people don't like the New Komeito they should pick another party to vote for.
>
> When Soka Gakkai members including leaders raise their voice against Komeito they are told not to come to meetings and and then they are excommunicated.
>
> The other members are instructed not mix with them anymore as they are now enemies of the Soka Gakkai
>
> The person who is against the policies of Komeito is against the mutual agreement between Soka Gakkai and Komeito
>
> There are countless encouragements from Ikeda over half a century to support Komeito. Members have been brainwashed to follow his guidance
>
> The base of the old and new Komeito that is Emperor worship, nationalism & pro war hasn't changed. What they have done is whitewashed Komeito with humanism, democracy & the humanitarian philosophy of Nichiren Buddhism as a tool be popular in order to expand the funi twins organisations Soka Gakkai & Komeito

I have no doubt that there are people in Soka Gakkai Japan who campaign hard for their party and go over the line, because people do get caught up in politics. Similarly in this country, I know some Trump supporters in the SGI who got some grief for it, particularly in the bluest of blue districts, or in Bernie country. My girl-friend of many years and her wealthy family are Trump Republicans, so I caught fire coming the other way (although I'm pretty sure doubts are flooding in, now.) I was a phone-bank captain for Hillary, so you can imagine their fun. I told them that I consoled myself that I got to see the Party of Reagan die on that November first Tuesday election night in 2016, and whatever the cost: it was worth the sacrifice to kill the Party of Reagan. That usually shuts up the Reagan/Bush supporters but not the Tea Party people.

People get fired up about politics everywhere, but the official position of the Soka Gakkai Japan, and repeated here and everywhere in the SGI, is that (1) these groups are separate, (2) the SGI started Komeito for a reason (political oppression for the Soka Gakkai) that is now past, (3) that there is no official support for Komeito from the SGI leadership currently, and (4) that the SGI will NEVER start up a political party again anywhere else in the world.

Everyone doing things in any other direction than that, are doing their own thing, which they have a perfect right to do as long as they do not drive members away from the SGI, or create disunity inside the districts.

Your stories about squabbles making members want to quit, or feel like they are unwelcome are not excommunication by the organization, but instead are simply ostracism through politically overheated rhetoric, which has no place in the SGI.

Ostracism was an invention of the Athens of Pericles, which was a dominating empire-building colossus in the throws of conquering its neighbor states that would not join the Delian League, and enslaving their peoples (see the Melian Dialogue, below.) Athens was 90% slaves, mostly down in the mines, blinded and chained to a pick until they died. Athenian citizens could not treat citizens as slaves under criminal penalties for the act of "hubris," which is where we get the word.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Melos#The_Melian_Dialogue

We get the word Ostracism from the Greek word "ostracon," which was a shard of pottery used to hand in your vote (it was called an "ostraka" in Chersonesus the Greek colony on the Crimean peninsula, or a "petalismos" in Syracuse) to exclude and banish citizens of Athens for whatever reason:

"In one anecdote about Aristides, known as "the Just", who was ostracized in 482, an illiterate citizen, not recognizing him, came up to ask him to write the name Aristides on his ostrakon. When Aristides asked why, the man replied it was because he was sick of hearing him being called "the Just" - Wikipedia, this story was recorded originally by Thucydides, who along with Herodotus were the two fathers of historiography. Ironically, Thucydides himself was ostracized, and that caused him to travel and write more widely, it is said.

Sensei writes about ostracism in the fourth volume of the six volume series called the "Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra," and describes how ostracism is one of the causes leading to the downfall of Greek civilization, and we should beware in the SGI and elsewhere: it directly leads to schadenfreude. That volume is on the ten worlds (how ironic is that in relation to Noel?,) but is clearly not supporting your ostracism of the SGI through your Low-Function Versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories and your rabid Gakkai-hatred and jealousy.

-Chas.

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 10:21:07 PM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

[snip]

> > You are also lying about the DaiGohonzon and the SGI. The priesthood said that the DaiGohonzon is somehow greater and more powerful than any other Gohonzon. That is balderdash.
>
> I didn't say that lier

You did and I quote " Now the Sokka Gakkai has cut off the relationship with the 10 world Dai Gohonzon"

We didn't cut off the relationship, (1) Nichiren Shoshu excommunicated us, (2) they have turned the DaiGohonzon into a money-maker, (3) they touted the supremacy of the physical DaiGohonzon over any other Gohonzon, which directly conflicts with Nichiren Daishonin's words that the Gohonzon is "the supreme object of devotion in all of Jambudvipa", not the DaiGohonzon. If the Gohonzon is supreme, nothing is more supreme, thus all Gohonzon are the same. And that refutes your Low-Function Versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories as well. You have never addressed this single point where Nichiren Daishonin refutes you directly.

> > They only said that to erect a toll gate in front of it for Tozan revenue and to make the High Priest the center of all humanity, it's a scam. That was revealed when Nikken appointed himself High Priest grabbing the position before anyone else could with his lies. Having now a line of fake High Priests proves the lie that the High Priest is the center of humanity and we must all subjugate ourselves to him and turn our pockets inside out to satisfy his greed.
> >

> You shouldn't bad mouth the priesthood the way you do because the garbage you have been fed by your superiors

In addition to the three slanders listed above, there is: (4) the NST priesthood do not follow Nikko Shonin's 26 Admonitions in any way and thus are neither followers of Nikko Shonin nor Nichiren Daishonin (5) Nikken appointed himself as High Priest without receiving the Transfer Box, (6) Nikken destroyed everything built by Nittatsu at the Head Temple in trying to extort the Transfer Box from Nittatsu's relatives, (7) he then appointed his personal thug enforcer Nichinyo as High Priest, etc. (7), (8) ...

They are neither followers of Nikko Shonin, nor Nichiren Daishonin and that means they truly are not priests of the Fuji School, but instead are extra-judicial squatters.

> > Zaimu is an opportunity and a gift to us: the chance to change our entire family's karma across the kalpas, and the smart people do it with passion. And there is no onus for not doing it in the SGI, unlike the NST.
> >

> Did Nichiren say this. It sounds more like a Sokka Cult slogan to milk the herd of their hard earned cash and inherited estates

No, making offerings to support the Sangha is a Buddhist tradition going back three thousand years. You are not a Buddhist, hence your ignorance.

The rest of your screed is just frothing at the mouth.

None of this flak changes the fact that you have been thoroughly refuted and that you cannot find any support anywhere in the Gosho Zenshu for your Low-Function versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories that continue to be the stupidest ideas, ever!

Your attempts to change the subject away from the total defeat of your insupportable views are completely apparent to all, Noel.

-Chas.

On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 2:26:38 PM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

> "Nago Mayor Susumu Inamine failed in his re-election bid Sunday night, losing to a candidate strongly backed by Abe's Liberal Democratic Party and Komeito"
>
> Komeito party members have names dumb ass. I think it's becoming a waste of time trying to communicate with someone of such low intelligence as you Chas who fails to see the obvious. But then again what can I expect from mentally retarded SGI moron like you. There has to be something wrong with you in the first place to stay with the Ikeda cult for so long. Most sane people would have already left or been excommunicated because they questioned the system
>
> "You do not have a name of a single Komeito Party member doing the activities you mention. They are all LDP. Like I said, when you are a small party as part of a coalition, you don't get to set policy, you only get to leave if you don't like it enough. That is a Parliamentary government in a nutshell.
>
> In spite of your complete lack of evidence, you are using LDP policy and actions to smear the SGI, who have no relationship at this point with New Komeito, which is not even the old Komeito Party we were responsible for starting decades ago.
>
> That is just a standard smearing tactic, tarring with a broad brush.
>
> Lying comes so easily to you Noel, now that your Low-Function Versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories have been thoroughly refuted as having not a single line in the Gosho Zenshu or the Lotus Sutra in support of them and you have been exposed as a fraud and a distorter - unwilling to follow Nichiren Daishonin's admonitions"
>

> As you are in denial of the ruling coalition Abe's Liberal Democratic Party and Komeito that Soka Gakkai supports so you are also in denial of Nichiren's 10 world Gohonzons and supporting Gosho's that have been presented to you in the same way I am presenting the facts from mainstream media of the ruling coalition Liberal Democratic Party and Komeito just now

Crap. Your claim is absolutely insane on its face. You present a false argument that this violence in a politically-motivated press report was done by SGI members:

||| Protesters are engaging in non-violent civil disobedience –
||| using sea kayaks on the bay and blocking trucks with their
||| bodies on the land – physically interfering with the
||| construction process. Riot police and members of the Coast
||| Guard have attacked demonstrators, causing serious
||| injuries. Polls in the prefecture record 80% opposition to
||| the base. For their part, the Japanese and US governments
||| remain adamant in their determination to thwart the will of
||| the Okinawan people.

Your false argument is below:

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 9:20:32 PM UTC-8, Noel wrote:

> Keiichi Ishii, Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism is from Komeito the mean hand of the Soka Gakkai
>
> The violence towards non-violent protesters has occurred under Komeito's control of this portfolio. During the last four Abe Governments the Ministers of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism are always chosen from Komeito the cruel hand of the corrupt Soka Gakkai that creates untold suffering

The idea that the Japanese Ministry of "Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism" run by Keiichi Ishii is in charge of the Coast Guard and the Riot Police is laughable. Police are local not national. Coast Guard is Military.

Here's your other false evidence for laying this at the feet of Gakkai members:

> [...]
> OSAKA – In a political victory for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and a defeat for anti-U.S. base forces in Okinawa, media reports indicated incumbent Nago Mayor Susumu Inamine failed in his re-election bid Sunday night, losing to a candidate strongly backed by Abe's Liberal Democratic Party and Komeito.
>
> During the race, Taketoyo Toguchi, a former Nago assemblyman, emphasized local economics over a controversial new U.S. military facility.
>
> Komeito, which had stayed neutral in the 2014 election, decided to back Toguchi this time. During the campaign, he avoided discussion over the relocation of U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma, which sits in Ginowan in the central part of the main island, to Nago's Henoko district, where a new offshore facility is being built.
>
> Toguchi instead appealed to voters more concerned about the local economy — and central government support of it — and worried things had declined under Inamine.
>
> Inamine, who hoped for a third term, ran mostly on his opposition to the Henoko project. He had the backing of Okinawa Gov. Takeshi Onaga and his "all Okinawa" coalition, an alliance of traditional anti-base activists and local business leaders who don't want the Henoko facility. Inamine also had the backing of most major opposition parties.
>
> In the end, though, worries over the local economy and jobs convinced a majority of voters to go with Toguchi.
>
> The election was seen as a proxy battle between Abe and the LDP, which wants the Henoko facility completed as soon as possible, and Onaga, who was swept to power in 2014 by running against the relocation. Toguchi's victory came after intense campaigning on his behalf by the LDP. Major party figures, including rising star Shinjiro Koizumi, widely touted as a future prime minister, visited the prefecture to campaign for him.
>
> Despite Toguchi's victory, however, Okinawa remains angry at the central government and the U.S. military over a series of mishaps last month involving Okinawa-based U.S. helicopters that raised safety concerns. Last week, the Okinawa Prefectural Assembly unanimously called on the central government to force flights at Futenma over schools, hospitals, and residential areas to be halted.
>
> The U.S. and Japan continue to insist the relocation of U.S. Marines at Futenma to a new offshore facility at Henoko, which is currently under construction, is the only option, despite longstanding local objections.
>
> For Abe, the Nago result is good news at an opportune time. U.S. Vice President Mike Pence is due to arrive in Tokyo Tuesday for a series of talks, where U.S.-Japan cooperation — which involves U.S. forces in Okinawa — on North Korea is expected to be high on the agenda.
>
> In Okinawa, attention now turns to November, when Onaga is up for re-election in a race where Abe and the ruling coalition are likely to heavily support whoever ends up running against him.

Komeito DOES BACK THE POLICY of supporting the U.S. Military base, there's no mention of any Komeito support of violent actions against protesters, and there is not a single mention of Soka Gakkai members being involved.

As for supporting the U.S. Military presence in Japan, you can imagine why if you had a normally functioning brain: the calculus is simple. If the U.S. Military pulls out its military protection of the Japanese nation against North Korea and China, the Japanese will go militarily nuclear in a big way within a year: 100s of nuclear weapons to match China plus Korea. They already have the Plutonium, and the refining capability.

Anyone against the U.S. military presence in Japan is pro-nuclear Japanese military. I guess that means you and the fools on Reddit.

Clearly, the Komeito has thought this through in a much deeper way than you ever could, Noel.

What is also true is that you are throwing flak because your arguments distorting Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism are not supported by the Gosho:

Once again, there is absolutely no substantiation of any kind of your Low-Function Versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories, in the Gosho, the Lotus Sutra or anywhere else. I have several direct quotes stating why you should reject this kind of garbage, unsubstantiated by even a single quote from the teachings or writings:

From "Questions and Answers about Embracing the Lotus
Sutra", WND I, p. 56:

... If we MERELY RELY UPON THE COMMENTARIES OF VARIOUS TEACHERS
... AND DO NOT FOLLOW THE STATEMENTS OF THE BUDDHA HIMSELF,
... then how can we call our beliefs Buddhism?

From "On Repaying Debts of Gratitude", WND I, p. 692:

... RELY ON THE LAW AND NOT UPON PERSONS.

From "How Those Initially Aspiring to the Way Can Attain
Buddhahood through the Lotus Sutra", WND I, p. 872:

... The meaning of this passage is that ONE SHOULD NOT RELY
... UPON THE WORDS OF THE BODHISATTVAS AND TEACHERS, BUT SHOULD
... HEED WHAT WAS ESTABLISHED BY THE BUDDHA.

From "The Opening of the Eyes", WND I, p. 263:

... Bodhisattva Nagarjuna in his Commentary on the Ten Stages
... Sutra states, "DO NOT RELY ON TREATISES THAT DISTORT THE
... SUTRAS; RELY ON THOSE THAT ARE FAITHFUL TO THE SUTRAS." The
... Great Teacher T'ien-t'ai says, "THAT WHICH ACCORDS WITH THE
... SUTRAS IS TO BE WRITTEN DOWN AND MADE AVAILABLE. BUT PUT NO
... FAITH IN ANYTHING THAT IN WORD OR MEANING FAILS TO DO SO."
... The Great Teacher Dengyo says, "DEPEND UPON THE PREACHINGS
... OF THE BUDDHA, AND DO NOT PUT FAITH IN TRADITIONS HANDED
... DOWN ORALLY." Enchin, also known as the Great Teacher
... Chisho, says, "IN TRANSMITTING THE TEACHINGS, RELY ON THE
... WRITTEN WORDS [OF SCRIPTURES]."

From "The Opening of the Eyes", WND I, p. 263:

... "NOT RELYING UPON PERSONS" means that when persons of the
... first, second, third, and fourth ranks preach, even though
... they are bodhisattvas such as Universal Worthy and
... Manjushri who have attained the stage of near-perfect
... enlightenment, IF THEY DO NOT PREACH WITH THE SUTRA IN
... HAND, THEN THEY ARE NOT TO BE ACCEPTED.

Therefore, nothing in Noel's Low-Function Versus High-Function Gohonzon Theories should be heeded by anyone.

> [...]

> The U.S. and Japan continue to insist the relocation of U.S. Marines at Futenma to a new offshore facility at Henoko, which is currently under construction, is the only option, despite longstanding local objections.
>
> For Abe, the Nago result is good news at an opportune time. U.S. Vice President Mike Pence is due to arrive in Tokyo Tuesday for a series of talks, where U.S.-Japan cooperation — which involves U.S. forces in Okinawa — on North Korea is expected to be high on the agenda.
>
> In Okinawa, attention now turns to November, when Onaga is up for re-election in a race where Abe and the ruling coalition are likely to heavily support whoever ends up running against him.

Komeito DOES BACK THE POLICY of supporting the U.S. Military base, there's no mention of any Komeito support of actions against protesters, and there is not a single mention of Soka Gakkai members being involved.

As for supporting the U.S. Military presence in Japan, you can imagine why if you had a normally functioning brain: the calculus is simple. If the U.S. Military pulls out its military protection of the Japanese nation against North Korea and China, the Japanese will go militarily nuclear in a big way within a year: 100s of nuclear weapons to match China plus North Korea. They already have the Plutonium, and the refining capability.

Anyone against the U.S. military presence in Japan is pro-nuclear Japanese military. I guess that means you and the fools on Reddit.

Clearly, New Komeito has thought this through in a much deeper way than you ever could, Noel.

-Chas.

Quoting from "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 418 ...

The Complete and Final Teaching on Perfect Enlightenment Sutra declares, "The beginningless illusions and ignorance that beset all living beings are all produced by the perfectly enlightened mind of the Thus Come Ones."