Like A Broken Clock, Katie Higgins Speaks The Truth Twice A Day +^

Chas.

Nov 20, 2022, 5:29:36 AM11/20/22

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 8:30:50 AM UTC-8, Katie Higgins wrote:
> Let's be clear -
>
> 1. Chas consistently ignores every passage of the Gosho where Nichiren specifically identifies Shakyamuni as the Eternal Buddha.
>
> 2. Chas does not believe the portions of the Lotus Sutra he has been reciting for Gongyo for decades - the Buddha clearly identifies himself in those passages .
>
> 3. The above 2 points demonstrate a key element, that is; by virtue of his often stated on implied " disbelief ", Chas does NOT approach the Buddha's teaching with FAITH- therefore he lacks wisdom " FAITH is the portal to the Buddha's wisdom "
>
> 4. Chas repeatedly translates his arbitrary views into " authoritative statements - which is slander of the Lotus Sutra.
>
> Whatever his motivation , Chas seems bent on creating confusion and often times stoops to using scandalous , sensational accusations levied against " persons " or " sects " that cannot be viewed as anything but Chas' attempt to deflect from his own ignorance of the true teachings .
>
> My intent is to share the true teachings of Nichiren and Shakyamuni- in doing so, I have and will call Chas a hobo slanderer - as the shoe does fit. He is a fool to ignore Nichiren's dire warnings against his arrogance .
>
> ~ Katie

More outrageous lies from Katie Higgins.

First off, Nichiren Daishonin was in a battle against crazed fools much like yourself, who held that the Lotus Sutra WAS NOT the highest teaching and that there were greater Buddhas than Shakyamuni: Amida Buddha and Hōnen's "The Nembutsu Chosen above All" (which is preached in Katie's Nichiren Shu), or Mahavairochana and the True Word/Shingon teachings, or the Medicine Master Buddha and the Yakushi-kyo, or Zen and the works of Bodhidharma and Dogen.

This was the continuing fight of his life (which he did not choose, I will remind you, that battle was arranged for him by deviltry akin to yours centuries before his birth in 1222) and when he maintains the supremacy of Shakyamuni and the Lotus Sutra, over and over, it is always in the context of that battle, and distortions of his Buddhism like yours are the "collateral damage" of that fight.

However, the expedient means, that he employed in the battle he was fighting his whole career, does not imply that Nichiren Daishonin meant to falsely deify Shakyamuni: he puts this in context in the Entity of the Mystic Law Gosho sent to Sairen-bō, a Tendai priest who was also exiled to Sado when Nichiren was there, and who was shakubukued by him there.

In that Gosho he declares that "the actual name of the entity" is "Myoho-Renge", and by using that name no less than 15 times in that Gosho, he describes the relationship between the sage, the Law and the entity of the Mystic Law, of which the Lotus flower is a physical metaphor.

This and other Gosho letters expounding the truth were discarded or burned and their remaining copies declared "faked" by the Five Senior Priests who betrayed Nichiren Daishonin immediately after his death to distort his Buddhism of the Lotus Sutra into a statue-worshiping cult of idolatry, falsely deifying Shakyamuni as a man-God like Jesus, or as God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth like Jehovah.

You think that when the Buddha preached the Jiga-ge, that he was boasting about the glory of HIS LIFE, down to the little people as common drones, like some queen bee speaking to the hive?

Farther from the truth that could not be. When we recite that verse section of the Lotus Sutra twice a day, it is a "reminder to self" of the common glory of all living beings, THAT WE ALL SHARE!

In my humble opinion, the Jiga-ge has six major statements about our shared existence, and whe we recite it, we are speaking from the heart about (1) our true lifespan, (2) our true appearance, (3) our eternal home, (4) the included others of our life, (5) our means and methods, and (6) our determination and vow.

Lotus Sutra: chapter 16: "Life Span of the Thus Come One", pp. 271-273:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/lsoc/Content/16#para-29

(1) our true lifespan

. Since I attained buddhahood
. the number of kalpas that have passed
. is an immeasurable hundreds, thousands, ten thousands,
. millions, trillions, asamkhyas.
. Constantly I have preached the Law, teaching, converting
. countless millions of living beings,
. causing them to enter the buddha way,
. all this for immeasurable kalpas.
. In order to save living beings,
. as an expedient means I appear to enter nirvana
. but in truth I do not pass into extinction.
. I am always here, preaching the Law.
. I am always here,
. but through my transcendental powers
. I make it so that living beings in their befuddlement
. do not see me even when close by.

(2) our true appearance

. When the multitude sees that I have passed into extinction,
. far and wide they offer alms to my relics.
. All harbor thoughts of yearning
. and in their minds thirst to gaze at me.
. When living beings have become truly faithful,
. honest and upright, gentle in intent,
. single-mindedly desiring to see the Buddha,
. not hesitating even if it costs them their lives,
. then I and the assembly of monks
. appear together on Holy Eagle Peak.
. At that time I tell the living beings
. that I am always here, never entering extinction,
. but that because of the power of expedient means
. at times I appear to be extinct, at other times not,
. and that if there are living beings in other lands
. who are reverent and sincere in their wish to believe,
. then among them too
. I will preach the unsurpassed Law.
. But you have not heard of this,
. so you suppose that I enter extinction.
. When I look at living beings
. I see them drowned in a sea of suffering;
. therefore I do not show myself,
. causing them to thirst for me.
. Then when their minds are filled with yearning,
. at last I appear and preach the Law for them.
. Such are my transcendental powers.

(3) our eternal home

. For asamkhya kalpas
. constantly I have dwelled on Holy Eagle Peak
. and in various other places.
. When living beings witness the end of a kalpa
. and all is consumed in a great fire,
. this, my land, remains safe and tranquil,
. constantly filled with heavenly and human beings.
. The halls and pavilions in its gardens and groves
. are adorned with various kinds of gems.
. Jeweled trees abound in flowers and fruit
. where living beings enjoy themselves at ease.
. The gods strike heavenly drums,
. constantly making many kinds of music.
. Mandarava blossoms rain down,
. scattering over the Buddha and the great assembly.
. My pure land is not destroyed,
. yet the multitude sees it as consumed in fire,
. with anxiety, fear, and other sufferings
. filling it everywhere.

(4) the included others of our life

. These living beings with their various offenses,
. through causes arising from their evil actions,
. spend asamkhya kalpas
. without hearing the name of the three treasures.
. But those who practice meritorious ways,
. who are gentle, peaceful, honest, and upright,
. all of them will see me
. here in person, preaching the Law.
. At times for this multitude
. I describe the Buddha's life span as immeasurable,
. and to those who see the Buddha only after a long time
. I explain how difficult it is to meet a buddha.
. Such is the power of my wisdom
. that its sagacious beams shine without measure.

(5) our means and methods

. This life span of countless kalpas
. I gained as the result of lengthy practice.
. You who are possessed of wisdom,
. entertain no doubts on this point!
. Cast them off, end them forever,
. for the Buddha's words are true, not false.
. He is like a skilled physician
. who uses an expedient means to cure his deranged sons.
. Though in fact alive, he gives out word he is dead,
. yet no one can say he speaks falsely.
. I am the father of this world,
. saving those who suffer and are afflicted.
. Because of the befuddlement of ordinary people,
. though I live, I give out word I have entered extinction.
. For if they see me constantly,
. arrogance and selfishness arise in their minds.
. Abandoning restraint, they give themselves up to the five desires
. and fall into the evil paths of existence.

(6) our determination and vow

. Always I am aware of which living beings
. practice the way, and which do not,
. and in response to their need for salvation
. I preach various doctrines for them.
. At all times I think to myself:
. How can I cause living beings
. to gain entry into the unsurpassed way
. and quickly acquire the body of a buddha?

The ultimate question is, Katie Higgins, when the words "Since I attained buddhahood the number of kalpas that have passed is an immeasurable hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, millions, trillions, asamkhyas," come out of your mouth during gongyo twice a day, are they lies? Or are they the eternal truth of your life?

The fact is, that your eternal self has the eternal name "Myoho-Renge", which Nichiren Daishonin states categorically in "The Entity of the Mystic Law" Gosho that you deny. That eternal name is not the name of a tribe of Brahmans that became rulers in India and then lost power and died out (the Shakyas.) That is the most transparent fabrication ever. Were that true, we would be chanting Nam-Shakyamuni-Butsu, which we are not.

Ponder that, the next time you do Gongyo and chant daimoku.

-Chas.

Quoting from "The Entity of the Mystic Law", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 418 ...

The Complete and Final Teaching on Perfect Enlightenment Sutra declares, "The beginningless illusions and ignorance that beset all living beings are all produced by the perfectly enlightened mind of the Thus Come Ones."