Re: The Salmon of Wisdom

David Dalton

Jun 29, 2022, 11:00:46 PM6/29/22
On Jun 29, 2022, Siri Cruise wrote on alt.atheism (in
article<chine.bleu-FBB08...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> In article<almarsoft.647...@news.easynews.com>,
> Ted <tedsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 23:29:49 -0700 (PDT), JWS <jld...@skybeam.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Sounds fishy.
> >
> > Indeed

Perhaps I will have to wait for the waxing salmon (moon),
though in the waning salmon moon I did come to the
conclusion that some of my stuff was rejected.

> The addler walked with Othin wise
> with Hoenir under honey skies;
> they found a river fast and deep.
> They wanderred whither waters leap.
>
> An otter sat in arden reeds
> with lidded eyes below the weeds.
> He closed his eyes to cloak the thought
> the salmon soon would seem as naught.
>
> Then Loki threw a lethal stone
> that scathed its life from skin and bone.
> It loosed as aimed, to Loki's boast:
> both fish and otter flames would roast.

What’'s the source for that?

I wot that I hung on the wind-tossed tree
all of nights nine,
wounded by spear, bespoken to Othin,
bespoken myself to myself,
upon that tree of which none telleth
from what roots it doth rise.]

Neither horn they upheld nor handed me bread
I looked below me--
aloud I cried--
caught up the runes, caught them up wailing,
thence to the ground fell again.

Then began I to grow and gain in insight,
to wax eke in wisdom:
one verse led on to another verse,
One poem led on to another poem.

Stanzas 138, 139 and 141 of Havamal, The Poetic Edda (Hollander's
translation).

I relate that to my naked thorn hill climb, but I have not yet reached
the wisdom and sustained poetic creativity stage, which
Taliesin (Gwion Bach) implied that he also had in
"Gwion has kept the cauldron
Steadily boiling...”

“‘Then you saw me from the cathedral/Well I'm an ancient heart/Yes,
you saw me from the cathedral/And here we are just falling apart" (T.T.)

Siri Cruise

Jun 30, 2022, 12:37:37 AM6/30/22
In article
<0001HW.286D495C00...@news.eternal-september.org>,
About 400 stanzaa adapted from Edda, Volsungasaga, and roman
history (Aetius, Atilla, and Honoria).

> I wot that I hung on the wind-tossed tree
> all of nights nine,
> wounded by spear, bespoken to Othin,
> bespoken myself to myself,
> upon that tree of which none telleth
> from what roots it doth rise.]
>
> Neither horn they upheld nor handed me bread
> I looked below me--
> aloud I cried--
> caught up the runes, caught them up wailing,
> thence to the ground fell again.
>
> Then began I to grow and gain in insight,
> to wax eke in wisdom:
> one verse led on to another verse,
> One poem led on to another poem.
>
> Stanzas 138, 139 and 141 of Havamal, The Poetic Edda (Hollander's
> translation).
>
> I relate that to my naked thorn hill climb, but I have not yet reached
> the wisdom and sustained poetic creativity stage, which
> Taliesin (Gwion Bach) implied that he also had in
> "Gwion has kept the cauldron
> Steadily boiling...”

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed