Decluttered some clothes

0 views
Skip to first unread message

rich

unread,
Oct 4, 2003, 4:38:22 PM10/4/03
to
I am so pleased, I actually decluttered some clothes today. I took 6
polo shirts, 1 pair jeans (had waited for weeks to be taken) and a
jacket to the local children's hospice shop.

Old and never worn clothes had been bugging me of late, but I never
seemed to find the time to sort them out. One evening in the week,
whilst gathering up laundry I just went and pulled out all the polo
shirts and t shirts that DB and I had not worn in ages. They were
easy to spot as they were dusty 'coz I use open wire baskets. I
figured they all needed washing anyway. Whilst folding I contemplated
each shirt and re-discovered several I would like to wear again and
found the to donate. DB wanted to keep all of his and said that he
felt awkward for not giving any up, so I pointed out they were his and
he was entitled to keep them if he wanted; then told him his trouser
rail was next ;-)))

I almost did not take the stuff because I wanted to sort through
shirts and trousers as well. Then I figured I did not have to do it
all at once and I could do those things another week, bit of a
lightbulb moment.

Other things done:

Enjoyed watching dozens of birds feeding in my garden. I mainly get
green finches and doves, but also saw a great tit and several blue
tits.

Bought some emergency sunflower seeds and topped the feeders up. I
had run out of the seed mix I use and my bulk order of 20kg (44lb)
will come next week along with the feeder I ordered as a gift for my
neighbour.

Bought some stationery gifts to send to my sponsor child. I still
need to get a letter written and find a photo, but I am pleased I made
the start.

Bedding stripped, washed, ironed and hanging to air. Fresh linen put
on bed.

Towels washed dried and folded, not put away but at least they are
folded.

Fish and veg prepared for dinner and marinading.

Not bad considering I had a headache and it rained all day.

Rich

pics http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/oberon_msnd
"If you throw it away or give it away you won't have to put it away."
Viv, arc 2003

rich

unread,
Oct 4, 2003, 6:11:32 PM10/4/03
to
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:44:10 -0400, "Medium Gnome"
<ymod...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Certainly not bad, with or without a headache!
>Isn't it fun to "rediscover" old clothes? Way to go!
>
>Yvette

Thanks Yvette,

One of the polo shirts I re-discovered is a bright fluorescent lime
green one, another is an equally vivid orange, I love both these and
used to wear them loads. Usually I am a very conservative (blend int
the background) dresser, wearing navy, black, stone, mid blues and
greys with some red, but I like to wear really bright colours when I
need cheering up.

I do have a wonderful paisley shirt from 1984, each paisley pattern is
about 6" high. I used to wear it loads but only wear it occasionally
these days. I wore it to a social occasion at work and got loads of
comments and told people I was wearing it for a dare. That particular
shirt is not going anywhere.

Minteeleaf

unread,
Oct 4, 2003, 6:44:41 PM10/4/03
to
rich wrote:
>
> I am so pleased, I actually decluttered some clothes today. I took 6
> polo shirts, 1 pair jeans (had waited for weeks to be taken) and a
> jacket to the local children's hospice shop.
<snip>

You did excellently well! Good for you!

Mintee

rich

unread,
Oct 4, 2003, 7:04:34 PM10/4/03
to
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:44:41 GMT, Minteeleaf <rubie...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks Mintee

Helen

unread,
Oct 5, 2003, 6:44:44 AM10/5/03
to
In article <2cbunv0cbocq4ov2j...@4ax.com>, rich
<postm...@127.0.0.1> writes

>
>I almost did not take the stuff because I wanted to sort through
>shirts and trousers as well. Then I figured I did not have to do it
>all at once and I could do those things another week, bit of a
>lightbulb moment.
>
Thank you for sharing the lightbulb moment. It just made me get up from
my computer and go out to the garage and bring in the two saddles I have
been meaning to donate to our local Riding for the Disabled centre. I
gave them a good clean months ago, but I didn't take them right away
because there were some other bits and pieces I wanted to sort through,
some of which might also be good enough to donate. But as you say, I
can donate those later. And, as a result of my procrastinating, there
are little mould spots on the leather and the saddles will need another
thorough clean. Oh, well...

[Snip list of useful things done.]


>
>Not bad considering I had a headache and it rained all day.
>
>Rich
>

That was a great deal done under difficult circumstances.
Congratulations.

Helen
--
Helen, Gwynedd, Wales *** http://www.baradel.demon.co.uk

rich

unread,
Oct 5, 2003, 10:38:53 AM10/5/03
to
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:44:44 +0100, Helen
<he...@baradel.demon.co.uk.please.delete.this> wrote:

>In article <2cbunv0cbocq4ov2j...@4ax.com>, rich
><postm...@127.0.0.1> writes
>>
>>I almost did not take the stuff because I wanted to sort through
>>shirts and trousers as well. Then I figured I did not have to do it
>>all at once and I could do those things another week, bit of a
>>lightbulb moment.
>>
>Thank you for sharing the lightbulb moment. It just made me get up from
>my computer and go out to the garage and bring in the two saddles I have
>been meaning to donate to our local Riding for the Disabled centre. I
>gave them a good clean months ago, but I didn't take them right away
>because there were some other bits and pieces I wanted to sort through,
>some of which might also be good enough to donate. But as you say, I
>can donate those later. And, as a result of my procrastinating, there
>are little mould spots on the leather and the saddles will need another
>thorough clean. Oh, well...

Thanks for letting me know my lightbulb moment helped. Amazing how
sometimes we don't see the obvious.

I shall look forward to reading soon how you dropped those saddles
off. Very worthy cause you have chosen. Mum used to take one of her
groups of disabled people riding; they shamed mum into getting onto a
horse. She only did it once though ;-)

>[Snip list of useful things done.]
>>
>>Not bad considering I had a headache and it rained all day.
>>
>>Rich
>>
>That was a great deal done under difficult circumstances.
>Congratulations.

Thanks Helen.

Rich

>Helen

Seraph

unread,
Oct 5, 2003, 10:58:24 AM10/5/03
to
We have Pegasus in my area. This is a place where handicapped children can
get a feeling of independance, while riding horses. I think the charity
these saddles are going to will be absolutely thrilled.
"rich" <postm...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:73b0ovo1164vlbnfq...@4ax.com...

KKat

unread,
Oct 5, 2003, 1:00:34 PM10/5/03
to
Good job...especially considering the headache....it's hard to get anything
done when you don't feel good.

--
Kat

"You cannot move mountains if you believe them to be mountains.
You must think of them as collections of small stones,
Which can be moved one at a time, and then reassembled."
-- The Tao of Meow


http://photos.yahoo.com/kiffens

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/lifewithfurballs.html


"rich" <postm...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

news:2cbunv0cbocq4ov2j...@4ax.com...

rich

unread,
Oct 5, 2003, 3:49:44 PM10/5/03
to
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:00:34 -0600, "KKat"
<kk...@kittylitterrap.midco.net> wrote:

>Good job...especially considering the headache....it's hard to get anything
>done when you don't feel good.

Thanks Kat.

RIch

Debbie

unread,
Oct 5, 2003, 10:45:28 PM10/5/03
to

"Seraph" <ser...@dc.rr.com.takeoffpounds> wrote in message
news:kkWfb.31043$T46....@twister.socal.rr.com...

> We have Pegasus in my area. This is a place where handicapped children
can
> get a feeling of independance, while riding horses. I think the charity
> these saddles are going to will be absolutely thrilled.

Ours is Rainbow.

Debbie


Kim Olson

unread,
Oct 7, 2003, 3:23:02 PM10/7/03
to
In article <c4hunv0o6qphi3k4t...@4ax.com>, postmaster@
127.0.0.1 says...

I do have a wonderful paisley shirt from 1984, each paisley pattern is
> about 6" high. I used to wear it loads but only wear it occasionally
> these days. I wore it to a social occasion at work and got loads of
> comments and told people I was wearing it for a dare. That particular
> shirt is not going anywhere.

Those are so fun. Until I lost them in the flood, I had some flourescent
hot pink (kids', feet are small) tennis shoes that I wore every now and
then for the same reason. Reminded me never to get too conservative or
set in my ways in my old age. ;-)

> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:44:10 -0400, "Medium Gnome"
> <ymod...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Certainly not bad, with or without a headache!
> >Isn't it fun to "rediscover" old clothes? Way to go!
> >
> >Yvette
>
> Thanks Yvette,
>
> One of the polo shirts I re-discovered is a bright fluorescent lime
> green one, another is an equally vivid orange, I love both these and
> used to wear them loads. Usually I am a very conservative (blend int
> the background) dresser, wearing navy, black, stone, mid blues and
> greys with some red, but I like to wear really bright colours when I
> need cheering up.
>
>
>

> Rich
>
> pics http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/oberon_msnd
> "If you throw it away or give it away you won't have to put it away."
> Viv, arc 2003
>

--
Kim Olson
Writing and Editing Services
Email Kime...@charter.net for rates and information
Free newsletter, The Lazy Vegan
For more information, visit:
http://home.earthlink.net/~kimcof/lazyvegan.htm

The sage said, "The best thing is not to hate anyone, only to love. That
is the only way out of it. As soon as you have forgiven those whom you
hate, you have gotten rid of them. Then you have no reason to hate them;
you just forget."
~Hazrat Inayat Khan

rich

unread,
Oct 7, 2003, 5:22:44 PM10/7/03
to
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:23:02 -0500, Kim Olson
<kim...@nospamcharter.net> wrote:

>In article <c4hunv0o6qphi3k4t...@4ax.com>, postmaster@
>127.0.0.1 says...
>
>I do have a wonderful paisley shirt from 1984, each paisley pattern is
>> about 6" high. I used to wear it loads but only wear it occasionally
>> these days. I wore it to a social occasion at work and got loads of
>> comments and told people I was wearing it for a dare. That particular
>> shirt is not going anywhere.
>
>Those are so fun. Until I lost them in the flood, I had some flourescent
>hot pink (kids', feet are small) tennis shoes that I wore every now and
>then for the same reason. Reminded me never to get too conservative or
>set in my ways in my old age. ;-)

Hey Kim, that is a great way to look at it, I like it. Thank you.

Medium Gnome

unread,
Oct 8, 2003, 8:13:44 AM10/8/03
to
I bought a few tops in Sears' Junior department last Spring that I'm giving
away already. Glad I didn't pay much. I wanted something a little pizzazy,
sexy (not sleazy), something out of my usual conservative realm. It turned
out that most of the time I felt a little silly in them. The other day I
found a sexy, in a conservative way, black sweater/top but it was priced at
$160 :-(

Yvette

"Kim Olson" <kim...@nospamcharter.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.19ecce72b...@news.charter.net...

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages