Slimy Minister weds Ancient Black Woman for Lotto cash!

Saint Jackanapes

Feb 23, 2001, 2:12:40 PM2/23/01

(You can see this bastard's photo at his website link at bottom of
article - St. Jack)

WAS HIS MARRIAGE FOR LOVE OR MONEY?
Just-widowed lottery winner weds Jenkins

Tuesday, February 20, 2001
By Dennis M. Mahoney
<dmah...@dispatch.com>
Dispatch Religion Reporter

The Rev. Leroy Jenkins says he married for love.

His new wife's relatives say his love is money.

The Delaware evangelist, 64, and Eloise Thomas, 76, were married in Las
Vegas on Jan. 12, nine days after the funeral of her husband, Roy.

A sister of Eloise Thomas', Mary Drakeford of Cincinnati, and a niece,
Josephine Foster of Spartanburg, S.C., say Jenkins is after some of the
$8.9 million the Thomases won in the Ohio Lottery in 1992.

They say Eloise Thomas -- a member of Jenkins' Healing Waters Cathedral
for more than 30 years -- is in poor health, will do anything Jenkins
tells her and is likely "brainwashed.''

Jenkins denied that he is after her money and said Eloise Thomas asked
him to marry her.

"I love her,'' he said. "I promised her husband I'd protect her.''

Mr. Thomas died Dec. 27 after a lengthy illness. The couple had no
children.

Acting on behalf of Drakeford, Columbus attorney Brewster Randall II, a
court-appointed guardian for Mr. Thomas until his death, has filed a
motion in Franklin County Probate Court to become Eloise Thomas'
guardian. A hearing on the request is scheduled for March 5.

Randall also has obtained a court order freezing her assets.

In court documents, he describes Eloise Thomas as "an alleged incompetent
who is susceptible to undue influence.''

Judge Lawrence Belskis said he issued the order because he saw cause to
believe that Eloise Thomas "could be financially exploited.''

Jenkins said Eloise Thomas' health has improved in the three months since
she began living with him in his house on the grounds of Healing Waters,
470 S. Sandusky St. He doesn't control her, he said.

"Eloise resents people doing things for her because she does them
herself. There's nothing wrong with this woman whatsoever.''

On the advice of her attorney, the widow -- now Eloise Thomas Jenkins --
declined to comment.

Relatives say they don't know how much money she has, but they believe it
is several million dollars. Jenkins said yesterday that he doesn't know,
either, but thinks she has more than $2 million.

When the Thomases won the $20 million lottery jackpot, they took a lump-
sum payment of $8.9 million. After taxes, they received $6.9 million,
which the couple split in half.

'He talked about money'

Accompanied by Drakeford, Eloise Thomas moved into Jenkins' house in
November while her husband was in a Northeast Side nursing home.

Drakeford said Jenkins persuaded the women to make the move by saying
that a nephew of theirs was after some of Eloise Thomas' money.

Jenkins was gracious, Drakeford said, but "he talked about money all the
time.''

When family and friends gathered for Mr. Thomas' funeral, Jenkins, who
officiated at the Jan. 3 services, kept raising the idea of marrying Mrs.
Thomas, her niece said.

" 'This is my main girl; we're going to get married,' '' Foster said
Jenkins told relatives several times.

"He asked me, 'What would you say if me and Eloise got married?' '' said
Foster, whose mother is Eloise Thomas' other sister. "I still thought he
was kidding. I said, 'I guess I would have to call you uncle then,' and
everybody laughed. I actually, honest to God, thought the man was
kidding.''

Timothy Holmes, a close friend of the Thomases who lived near them on the
North Side, also said Jenkins brought up the subject of marriage.

Jenkins told him that Mr. Thomas had asked him to take care of his widow,
Holmes said, but Holmes isn't so sure Mr. Thomas would have made such a
request.

"As a matter of fact, (Mr. Thomas) kind of despised him,'' he said.

Initially, Holmes didn't think Jenkins was after Eloise Thomas' money, he
said. Now he thinks otherwise.

"Seeing is believing. He just does not act like a minister should act.''

Jenkins recalled Mr. Thomas as "a very nice person'' who attended his
church for many years until he became ill. But Foster said her uncle had
little regard for Jenkins and stopped attending the church because he and
the pastor disagreed about how much of his winnings he should give to
Healing Waters.

Financial and legal troubles have hounded Jenkins since he moved to
Delaware from South Carolina in 1966 to build a ministry.

In 1979, he was convicted in South Carolina of conspiracy to commit arson
and assault, and served four years in prison.

At its height, Jenkins' TV ministry was carried by as many as 34
stations; he switched to radio broadcasts in 1987 because they were
cheaper to produce.

He was acquitted of income-tax evasion in 1993. Three years later, he
entered an 18-month diversion program in Florida for his part in an
illegal scheme run by his son.

In 1999, the Leroy Jenkins Evangelistic Association lost its tax-exempt
status for the years 1996-98 after the group ran a convention and meeting
center out of Healing Waters. Jenkins appealed, and the Ohio Board of Tax
Appeals last year allowed the church to keep its tax-exempt status.

He has been trying to sell the church for six years.

Departure kept secret

The weekend after Roy Thomas' funeral, Jenkins moved furniture from Mrs.
Thomas' home into his home in Delaware.

A few days later, on Jan. 10, Drakeford reported her sister missing to
the Delaware police. She said Jenkins had arranged for her, her sister
and himself to go to Tampa, Fla., to look at a condominium.

Police said Drakeford told them that she had gone to Cincinnati the
previous day at Jenkins' request to retrieve items from a safety-deposit
box. When she returned, Jenkins and her sister were gone.

Police told her that she'd have to wait at least two days to file a
missing-person report. She filed the report on Jan. 14.

On Jan. 16, when police contacted June Buckingham, Jenkins' assistant,
she said the two had gone to Florida because Mrs. Thomas wanted "to get
away from her family for a while.''

But instead they had gone to Las Vegas to get married. After the wedding,
they went to Los Angeles to meet with the producer of a movie being made
about Jenkins' life.

In Los Angeles, Jenkins and Eloise Thomas went to the police and
contacted Delaware authorities. The case was closed.

Jenkins said that they had intended to go to Florida but changed their
plans because of problems with some family members.

Eloise Thomas' niece said marriage didn't seem to be on her aunt's mind
at the time of her husband's funeral.

"She wasn't thinking about marriage or Rev. Jenkins in a romantic way. .
. . She trusted him to take care of her, and I thought that's what he was
doing.''

Fears of exploitation

Brewster Randall filed the motions to become Eloise Thomas' guardian and
to have her assets frozen on Jan. 11, the day after Drakeford first went
to the police.

In the motions, he said that relatives and friends "have substantial
concerns that Rev. Leroy Jenkins will unduly take advantage of Eloise
Thomas and convert her assets to his own use.''

Randall would not comment on his guardianship request. Barry Waller, the
Columbus lawyer representing Thomas, would not comment, citing the
pending litigation.

Jenkins said neither he nor Thomas thinks she needs a guardian.

Family members fear that Jenkins might take Thomas out of the country. He
said they are considering a trip to Belize, in Central America, where he
owns property and vacations regularly.

She applied for a passport on Jan. 23 and paid an additional fee to have
its issuance expedited, according to records at the Delaware County Clerk
of Courts office. But Jenkins said he knew nothing about paying extra to
speed the process; he said the passport has not been received.

Jenkins said he would welcome a visit from any of Eloise Thomas'
relatives -- except Drakeford.

"I'm not a liar. . . . Everything is legitimate and above-board.''

But Drakeford said she worries that, instead of helping Eloise Thomas,
"it seems like he's trying to help himself.

"I'm not really concerned about the money,'' she said. "I'm concerned
about him touching it.''

Leroy Jenkins's Website...

http://www.leroyjenkins.com/index.htm

--
St. Jackanapes
----------------------------------

~ ~ The Texas Hillbilly ~ ~
~ http://liqour.at/the.white.house/ ~

Volcania

Feb 24, 2001, 7:30:14 AM2/24/01

"Saint Jackanapes" <jesus_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> (You can see this bastard's photo at his website link at bottom of
> article - St. Jack)

I don't believe this guy.
He makes Wayne Newton look like Fabio.
And what is UP with that toupee? Where do all these guys get that Bad Hair?
The Ugly Hair Club for Sleazoid Preachers?

Saint Jackanapes

Feb 24, 2001, 5:18:11 AM2/24/01

In alt.flame.jesus.christ, Volcania said...

That bastard's famous here in Columbus. Or I say infamous...So infamous
that the Columbus Dispatch article I included was the front page top
headline Tuesday. When I read the article I had to wait about 15 minutes
until I quit laughing so I could be disgusted at what he did. Then I
laughed some more.

Uv

Tuesday, February 20, 2001
By Dennis M. Mahoney
<dmah...@dispatch.com>
Dispatch Religion Reporter

I particularly enjoyed the "OH GOD I CUT OFF MY ARM" story and his
miraculous healing...

Uv(severed arm indeed)

AMBAN

Feb 24, 2001, 5:57:07 PM2/24/01

"Saint Jackanapes" <jesus_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> (You can see this bastard's photo at his website link at bottom of
> article - St. Jack)

But gee wouldn't he and Mother Angelica make a cute couple?

AMBAN

Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D., P.A.

Feb 25, 2001, 5:09:13 AM2/25/01
Saint Jackanapes wrote:

> (You can see this bastard's photo at his website link at bottom of
> article - St. Jack)

Christ, he looks like a fucking vampire.

> WAS HIS MARRIAGE FOR LOVE OR MONEY?
> Just-widowed lottery winner weds Jenkins

It sure as shit wasn't for sex.

OldguyTeck

Mar 2, 2001, 5:28:13 AM3/2/01

"AMBAN" <amban...@home.com> wrote in message

> "Saint Jackanapes" <jesus_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > (You can see this bastard's photo at his website link at bottom of
> > article - St. Jack)
>
> But gee wouldn't he and Mother Angelica make a cute couple?
>
> AMBAN

Your becomming boreing now ! Foolish to boot ....LOL