intercessory prayer

David Dalton

May 23, 2022, 7:59:22 PM5/23/22
I'm wondering about the exact definition of intercessory
prayer.

Google seems to define it as prayer on behalf of someone
else.

But I thought that intercessory prayer included when
Catholics pray to saints who then relay it to God.

Of course the two could be combined, when the prayer
to saints is on behalf of someone else.

Anyway, I would appreciate any clarifications you might
have on the matter.

For those who have been following me, I have prayed to
Gaia to lobby Goddess (who Christians call God) and
other potential collaborators.

"I gave my love a golden feather/I gave my love a heart of stone/When you
find a golden feather/It means you'll never lose your way back home"(R.R.)

zeb...@windstream.net

May 24, 2022, 12:01:21 PM5/24/22
On Mon, 23 May 2022 21:29:19 -0230, David Dalton
<dalto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm wondering about the exact definition of intercessory
>prayer.
>
>Google seems to define it as prayer on behalf of someone
>else.
>
>But I thought that intercessory prayer included when
>Catholics pray to saints who then relay it to God.
>
>Of course the two could be combined, when the prayer
>to saints is on behalf of someone else.
>
>Anyway, I would appreciate any clarifications you might
>have on the matter.
>
>For those who have been following me, I have prayed to
>Gaia to lobby Goddess (who Christians call God) and
>other potential collaborators.

If you go by the Bible, you will find there is only ONE to intercede
prayer for you to God.:

-- New American with Apocrypha
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.

Notice "No one". That means no saints or priests nor even your virgin
Mary. Only Christ.

Sincerely James
Are-last days we-last days in-last days?
See what the Bible says
At www.jw.org or jw.org

David Dalton

May 24, 2022, 9:10:09 PM5/24/22
In article <vevp8hdv1eu7jn45v...@4ax.com>,
But we can pray for one another, and that counts as
intercessory prayer.

"But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light" (Sarah McLachlan)

Rockinghorse Winner

Aug 29, 2022, 12:04:00 AM8/29/22
Of course.

--
'Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It declares itself to me, now in this misery.'
- Holderlin