Why would anyone want to recover from sex addiction?

ALM

Dec 2, 2001, 9:28:09 PM12/2/01
As I understand it, sex is simply THE most important thing in the
world these days (especially U.S. culture.) I would imagine that
being addicted gives you a leg up.
ALM #129dx-----------------------
E-mail: moc.rr.xoc@mla
(typed backwards to prevent SPAM)
Website: home.cox.rr.com/alm

DeferentialCiphr

Dec 5, 2001, 12:15:26 AM12/5/01
>Why would anyone want to recover from sex addiction?

Because like any addiction like booze, drugs, food, religion, work etc. it's
a substatute for dealing with the world instead of dealing with it as who you
really are. It causes one to live a life under a fog of fear, pain and
confusion instead of a life that is emotionally comfortable where one is secure
in being who and what they are.

Dave

aintan...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017, 7:13:06 PM7/25/17
To me, the question. "Why would anyone want to recover from sex addiction?" speaks to the popular myth that sex is needed to survive. Reproductive wise, biologically, yes, sexual reproduction keeps homo sapiens' gene pool active. However, regarding relations between two persons, any time one person is sexualizing another, or objectifying a person in a sexual context, as many do, it is not fine, healthy or virtual.

I am neither moralistic nor preaching. This is practical.

I agree with DeferentialCiphr