Send me your poor, the gullible faithful yearning to know thee

Socrates

May 27, 2022, 2:42:11 AM5/27/22
Leaders from the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), the largest
denomination in the United States, confirmed Tuesday that they will
disclose a secret list of hundreds of pastors and other
church-affiliated personnel accused of sexual abuse.

The announcement comes following the release of a damning 288-page
investigative report detailing repeated inaction on the part of Southern
Baptist Convention Executive Committee members despite countless
allegations of sexual abuse over multiple decades.

“Survivors and others who reported abuse were ignored, disbelieved, or
met with the constant refrain that the SBC could take no action,” the
report found, “even if it meant that convicted molesters continued in
ministry with no notice or warning to their current church or congregation.”

According to the report survivors and allies “made phone calls, mailed
letters, sent emails, appeared at SBC and Executive Committee meetings,
held rallies, and contacted the press…only to be met, time and time
again, with resistance, stonewalling, and even outright hostility from
within the Executive Committee.”

An attorney for the SBC’s Executive Committee announced the decision to
disclose the secret list of accused sexual predators during a virtual
meeting called in response to the troubling report.

https://www.dlawgroup.com/southern-baptist-convention-covered-rampant-sexual-abuse/

tedw

May 27, 2022, 2:53:43 PM5/27/22
Personally, I am glad they are being exposed. Maybe they were not real Christians at all? But only had some kind of fake Hypnotic Church experience, rather than a personal spiritual encounter with Jesus Christ.

Robert Dye

May 27, 2022, 5:52:39 PM5/27/22

CW

May 27, 2022, 6:27:45 PM5/27/22
On 27 May 2022 Robert Dye wrote:

> On Friday, May 27, 2022 at 1:53:43 PM UTC-5, tedw wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 11:42:11 PM UTC-7, Socrates wrote:

<snip>

>> > https://www.dlawgroup.com/southern-baptist-convention-covered-rampant-
>> > sexual-abuse/
>
>> Personally, I am glad they are being exposed. Maybe they were not real
>> Christians at all? But only had some kind of fake Hypnotic Church
> experience, rather than a personal spiritual encounter with Jesus
> Christ.
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

I beg to differ:
https://youtu.be/2EIEH17FFwg

Socrates

May 27, 2022, 7:23:01 PM5/27/22
LOL, I couldn't listen to either but I found the lyrics.

Down on your knees and adore me
Adore adore, bow down before
Bow down before, adore adore

and..from Rob:
And I'm bleeding right before the Lord
All the words are gonna bleed from me
And I will think no more

and from Moi:
Theologically Zen denies relevance to God and practically speaking it is
atheistic.

https://jashow.org/articles/god-and-zen-buddhism/#:~:text=Zen%20does%20not%20hold%20that%20there%20is%20a,universe%20who%20has%20created%20it%20and%20created%20man.

Robert Dye

May 27, 2022, 8:07:12 PM5/27/22