How to protect yourself against Tedw

tedw

May 25, 2022, 8:37:13 AM5/25/22
It has come to my attention that some believe that tedw is a danger to you and your sobriety. While I have never said that Alcoholics should drink, I have said it is possible for a truly repentant person who believes in the Messiah and his teachings to safely take a drink in moderation. This is, of course, AA heresy. It is much like going to a Christian Trinitarian Church and saying Jesus is not God ( I confess I have said that too).

Now never mind if it is true or not whether I have insisted Alcoholics must take a drink. That is not important. Nevertheless, I may still present a psychic danger to you. Since it is no longer feasible to burn me at the stake, you may need immediate help.

https://meetings.aa.org.au/next/

Above is a link where you can attend an AA meeting online and receive assurances that Tedw is a heretic. At these meeting you can find people who will re-assure you that alcoholics are physically different and can never ever take a drink under any circumstances whatsoever. After all, so many people believe that tedw is wrong, how could he possibly be right!

Now, if you are a Gay AA your feelings might have been hurt that Tedw said God does not approve of homosexuality. You can also go to the online AA meetings and find re-assurance that God loves you just the way you are, and that no change or repentance is necessary. Alternatively, there is a growing number of progressive Churches who will also assure you God loves you the way you are, and that Tedw is a meanie. Democrat party office are everywhere too, they may be able to give you the assurance you need.

If you are a traditional Trinitarian and tedw's ideas have been disturbing to you, don't worry , someone will be able to help. Have faith. Seek out other Trinitarians who reassure you that anyone who does not believe Jesus is God is a cult member of some type.

As a last resort, if nothing else works, stop reading alt.recovery.aa.

This message is a public service brought to you by Tedw.

badgolferman

May 25, 2022, 10:26:22 AM5/25/22
I don't do online meetings, especially in Australia from the link you
provided. Everything is upside down there!

No one needs protection from you except for maybe some AA newcomers.
Since there are none here it's all good. You entertain us and provide
much needed traffic for this group.

tedw

May 25, 2022, 12:39:10 PM5/25/22
Well, that's a relief. But are you sure? Rob seems quite worried about my mental health and I am not sure it's so good for him. LaRocca even seems to like me after a fashion and since he is not sure whether God exists or not, there may be some danger he could begun to believe. Even worse, he could believe that Jesus is the son of God.

And there may be others harboring secret doubts about what they have been taught in AA is true.

badgolferman

May 25, 2022, 1:37:12 PM5/25/22
Don't give yourself too much credit. People are just playing along out
of boredom.

Ted H

May 25, 2022, 1:57:44 PM5/25/22
On Wed, 25 May 2022 09:39:09 -0700 (PDT),
tedw <tedwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 7:26:22 AM UTC-7, badgolferman wrote:
> > tedw wrote:
> >
> > >It has come to my attention that some believe that tedw is a
> > >danger to you and your sobriety...

> > >This message is a public service brought to you by Tedw.

> > No one needs protection from you except for maybe some AA
> > newcomers. Since there are none here it's all good. You
> > entertain us and provide much needed traffic for this group.
>
> Well, that's a relief. But are you sure? Rob seems quite
> worried about my mental health and I am not sure it's so good
> for him. LaRocca even seems to like me after a fashion and
> since he is not sure whether God exists or not, there may be
> some danger he could begun to believe. Even worse, he could
> believe that Jesus is the son of God.
>
> And there may be others harboring secret doubts about what they
> have been taught in AA is true.

I doubt it.

--
Ted H.

tedw

May 25, 2022, 2:08:02 PM5/25/22
I am ok with that. If someone wants to go on believing they are diseased, have a disease, and will be always be an alcoholic, it is fine by me.

Not me.

Socrates

May 25, 2022, 2:36:06 PM5/25/22
On 5/25/2022 11:08 AM, tedw wrote:

> If someone wants to go on believing they are diseased, have a disease, > and will be always be an alcoholic, it is fine by me.
>
> Not me.

LOL. You could have said this years ago but you didn't. Did you finally
have a moment of clarity? In your small world did your faux intellect,
religiosity, and righteous indignation finally lose its appeal? Did the
collective serenity and genius of this group finally dawn on you or are
you merely regrouping?

Who really cares? Not I, but I appreciate the entertainment (in a very
small way). ;)

badgolferman

May 25, 2022, 2:46:50 PM5/25/22
Maybe Rob wore him down.

tedw

May 25, 2022, 2:52:55 PM5/25/22
I have always felt this way. Even though I attended AA meetings regularly in the early years, I never could accept the idea of having disease, ever. Actually, since common sense is a gift from God, there are certainly many AA's who believe the same.

Some say " dis-ease with life"

Even Dr. Bob thought it was more of a moral or spiritual illness than a physical one. Try saying that in a modern AA meeting and see what happens.

Robert Dye

May 25, 2022, 4:17:34 PM5/25/22
Doubtful.

We'll be back to the same old same old in little or no time.

tedw

May 25, 2022, 4:24:53 PM5/25/22
Rob the prophet. Rob believe you have a disease, believe Jesus is God if that is what you want. Teach that to people if you want. As for me, I would rather tell people the truth.

Dexter

May 25, 2022, 9:55:05 PM5/25/22
tedw wrote:

> And there may be others harboring secret doubts about what they have been
> taught in AA is true.
-----------------------------

That's your goal, isn't it? I mean, if you tear down AA then your god looks
better
by comparison, right?

I don't need any suggestions about how to protect myself from people like you,
least of all suggestions from you. I grew up in the belt buckle of the bible
belt and
I know exactly how and when to tell you to fuck off.

Dexter

May 25, 2022, 9:56:46 PM5/25/22
tedw wrote:

> I am ok with that. If someone wants to go on believing they are diseased,
> have a disease, and will be always be an alcoholic, it is fine by me.
>
> Not me.
With you, none of us has to pretend you're a diseased and desperate
individual. You demonstrate it with every post you dump here.

tedw

May 25, 2022, 11:28:49 PM5/25/22
Hostility.

Dexter