May 27 - Sarcastic Daily Meditations

jimbo

May 27, 2022, 7:24:53 AM5/27/22
People who always need to know what's going
on with everyone else are usually very comfortable
with themselves.

Skeezix LaRocca

May 27, 2022, 11:50:05 AM5/27/22
probably true...I'm just a self centered sumbitch that doesn't care what
others are up to...Maybe I ought to be like Gladys Kravitz.

--
Dr. Skeezix LaRocca, D.B. (Doctor Of Buffoonery)
Registered Linux Novice & Abuser #526706

Charlie M. 1958

May 27, 2022, 1:09:36 PM5/27/22
On 5/27/2022 10:50 AM, Skeezix LaRocca wrote:
> On 5/27/22 07:24, jimbo wrote:
>> People who always need to know what's going
>> on with everyone else are usually very comfortable
>> with themselves.
>
> probably true...I'm just a self centered sumbitch that doesn't care what
> others are up to...Maybe I ought to be like Gladys Kravitz.

I've often heard it said that most character defects are virtues when
kept in their proper perspective and practiced in moderation. I think
this is definitely true of self-centeredness. Being self-centered to a
degree allows me to let others make their own choices and lead their own
lives without getting worked up about it. When it comes to my wife,
children, and coworkers, I have no need or desire to micromanage their
lives in areas that don't directly affect me.

For example, Lynda is always worrying about how our daughter manages her
finances. My attitude is, "Hey, as long as she is not asking us for
money (which she doesn't) it's totally her business."

Skeezix LaRocca

May 27, 2022, 3:00:43 PM5/27/22
When my daughters were younger and just starting out, more than once I
warned them that something they were thinking about doing was a bad
financial move, and if they persisted, they were on their
own...Thankfully, they did not proceed.