Honesty

tedw

May 23, 2022, 4:06:24 PM5/23/22
I think it would be better if AA members merely responded to all statements about alcoholism with :

1) The Big Book says it. I believe it. That settles it. or

2) Alcoholism is a disease. That's settled.

I have seen some respond this way. And it is at least honest to the extent they are forthright about where they are at.

Socrates

May 23, 2022, 4:28:49 PM5/23/22
Kind of like the way most Christians respond to the Bible. At least the
Big Book isn't based on myth.

tedw

May 23, 2022, 4:39:15 PM5/23/22

tedw

May 23, 2022, 4:40:19 PM5/23/22
On Monday, May 23, 2022 at 1:28:49 PM UTC-7, Socrates wrote:
You have proof the Bible is a myth of course?

Socrates

May 23, 2022, 4:49:06 PM5/23/22
Evidence galore for those interested in facts and history, (that lets
you out).

tedw

May 23, 2022, 4:57:11 PM5/23/22
Darn, I was hoping for some evidence.

Skeezix LaRocca

May 23, 2022, 5:13:08 PM5/23/22
I've been a member for quite a few years and don't know or care for that
matter what alcoholism is classified as...The only thing I do know is
*if* it is a disease, it sure isn't pancreatic cancer, but on the other
hand, it's far more serious than toenail fungus.

--
Dr. Skeezix LaRocca, D.B. (Doctor Of Buffoonery)
Registered Linux Novice & Abuser #526706

Skeezix LaRocca

May 23, 2022, 5:16:36 PM5/23/22
Now Ted, that is usually my response to you.

tedw

May 23, 2022, 5:24:45 PM5/23/22
I can give you evidence but you have to try what I say.

tedw

May 23, 2022, 5:59:03 PM5/23/22
The first thing you need to do with all sincerity is to ask God to reveal himself to you. Is that so hard to do?

Socrates

May 23, 2022, 7:54:33 PM5/23/22
On 5/23/2022 2:59 PM, tedw wrote:
> On Monday, May 23, 2022 tedw wrote:

>>> Now Ted, that is usually my response to you.

>> I can give you evidence but you have to try what I say.

> The first thing you need to do with all sincerity is to ask God to reveal himself
> to you. Is that so hard to do?

If I get silly, gullible and desperate, I think I'll opt for the
feminine. The Goddess Durga (2nd Century BC to 3rd century AD) would
work but I wouldn't try to convert a bunch of former alcoholics who had
found their own higher power, I'd respect them and keep it private.

Robert Dye

May 23, 2022, 9:31:15 PM5/23/22
Some folk seem to have the idea that if they can just get enough converts, they will win these fabulous prizes, Johnny!

(Or the home-version of our game, at the very least.)

tedw

May 23, 2022, 10:24:13 PM5/23/22
I don't have that idea.
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day"

Nobody comes to Jesus unless he is drawn.