Good Mornin

tkielthy

Feb 6, 2024, 5:57:09 AMFeb 6
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all

Contrary to opinions and gossip, I didn't die (very nearly did though)
Please dont ask me t itemise dates and days, its all still a bit
blurry to me.

Happy to still be chewing my food an doing all the necessary things a
body needs to do to survive.
My exerience/bigotry/bias or instinct puts all my ailments down to
Covid and covid jabs.

I occasionally get a flare up of COPD ( chest infection needing
anti-biotic and steroids to clear) Rarely does this entail a visit to
hospital for a week on oxyge to give the lungs a chance to regenerate
(whcih they don't)
Unfuckingfortuanately I picked up a deep seated lung infection which
could have been there for a year, a month, a decade, who knows.
As it wroked out, a visiting 'somebody' decided to run tests against
the bacteria in the sputum and found the little fecker. Did I mention
Pneumonia :-(
Would have been all downhill or uphill after that except for another
visitor presented me with Covid..

And heres a coincidence, my (younger) Brother PAt died exactly to the
day (10 Dec) that the Duchess died, in the same hospital - with COPD
and lung complications...Jeus I miss teh Duchess something awful.

I mean come on guys, tubes in every orifice. Haha they sent me home
for my own safety to keep me out of the line of fire, we're under a
fairly strong dose of RSV (check the name of this?)

In the meantime I got a suite in a nursing home cum respiratory centre
and there I lay for 2 weeks, flat out and isolated.

Back homw again, shortness of breath, low energy, mild exercises and
allowed walk for 10 minutes twice a day,

Have I any advice ??
Honestly, I dont know if The Covid jabs are good or bad,
I do agree that the Flu jab and the 5 yearly Pneumococci are a necessity
Some might say the 4 anti-covid jabs, gave me the strength to fight
off the bad stuff, others might say that shit wouldnt have been there
if I had not received the jabs.
Me? I'm thankful to the education the doctors and surgeons and nurses
received, that enabled them to cure me
Others can take their own roads

Any way, cheers for now, I have my very own oxygen generating machine
but I rarley use it unless I go walkies - One low point, Oce aweek you
get an arteial blood sample, from either wrist, Its afoooooking
agonising like an electric shock and I hate it, apparently it measures
how efficiently your blood discharges CO2 fromthe blood

All the best,stay healthy
Tommy

As a PS I'm afraid to ask, if we've lost any of our regulars,

badgolferman

Feb 6, 2024, 7:44:20 AMFeb 6
tkielthy wrote:

>As a PS I'm afraid to ask, if we've lost any of our regulars,

We're going to lose our regular Google Groups posters by 02/22 unless
they switch to a normal newsreader and and newsserver. That would be
these people:
tedw, Rob D., hiccum, David P.

In addition most of the other regulars barely post anymore. Those
would be:
Charlie M, Mark W, Ted H, CW, and some others which I've forgotten
their names since they barely participate.

We need you to pick up the slack now that you're home and out of the
hospital. Glad you're still here to correct the rest of us when we're
wrong!

Socrates

Feb 6, 2024, 10:47:41 AMFeb 6
What a treat to find you posting Tommy. Condolences on your losses.
Hang in there.

Sharx335

Feb 6, 2024, 1:49:24 PMFeb 6
Thanks for the update, Tommy. And condolences, too. I'm 77 and have
become all too familiar with health problems. Made sure that I was
caught up on pneumonia, shingles, flu, and covid shots--7 to date.
Did get mild covid for about 4 days. Some occasional weird after
effects...all, so far, short-lived, e.g. tingling then some numbness in
both hands and both feet. Lots of testing but no cause determined.
Fortunately, within 2 weeks, symptoms disappeared. KEEP COMING BACK, eh?

Hiccum Blurpaedius

Feb 16, 2024, 7:26:01 PMFeb 16
I have been taking my wife to the doctor. Her doctor has been sick for some time. I just lost my insurance but I got no healthcare. Witch doctors dragged me into the voodoo room in shackles and poisoned me. Then stuck lead in my coworkers back. So what are you going to do? I went to the 24 hour group and talked to a poor sick drunk. He was not shitting or pissing his pants or vomiting but crying about Va. China hacked his brain. I am glad I was not there. Been there done that. Some of the Davidians went through that decades ago they are not here today.

Pluted Pup

Feb 18, 2024, 4:13:50 AMFeb 18
On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 04:44:18 -0800, badgolferman wrote:

> tkielthy wrote:
>
> > As a PS I'm afraid to ask, if we've lost any of our regulars,
>
> We're going to lose our regular Google Groups posters by 02/22 unless
> they switch to a normal newsreader and and newsserver. That would be
> these people:
> tedw, Rob D., hiccum, David P.

David P. is the most serious loss if he quits usenet
because Google hates usenet. His posts are
*informative*.

Tedw is a one note pony, interminably pushing his
"the first drink is harmless" siren to alcoholics
and potential alcoholics, dressing up his dope
with political allusions to conservatism, perhaps
in hopes of leading conservatives to drink.
"Progressives" love this sort of "direct activism".
If you miss him, buy his book, I have, and
would rather read it than something I entirely
agree with because in that instance something
would be wrong with me and/or the book.

Rob D is primarily political, and I already know
his politics by picking up any newspaper or watching
a show on TV. His message seems to be that
Everything On TV Is True. Google says usenet
is obsolete, so who is he to disagree? A
plebeian to disagree with an expert in technology?

Hiccum I suspect is a Google CEO. Powerful executives
are often simply abusive and rudimentary in public
debates, something we do see often in the News.
Whether Google will continue to spam usenet as a
Denial Of Service attack after "disconnecting" to
usenet is an open question. Google doesn't
disconnect to anything but simply denies user
access to results of searches of their archives.

(IE, I guess that Google will continue to archive
usenet but will not allow public access to it.)

> In addition most of the other regulars barely post anymore. Those
> would be:
> Charlie M, Mark W, Ted H, CW, and some others which I've forgotten
> their names since they barely participate.
>
> We need you to pick up the slack now that you're home and out of the
> hospital. Glad you're still here to correct the rest of us when we're
> wrong!

- one of the forgettables, but usually I don't
like to make personal attacks, but that's what
people say when they make personal attacks.

Bob

Feb 18, 2024, 8:48:00 AMFeb 18
Snip

https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?hl=en-AU

--
Using Free PhoNews on Android

badgolferman

Feb 18, 2024, 8:54:13 AMFeb 18
Pluted Pup wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 04:44:18 -0800, badgolferman wrote:
>
>> tkielthy wrote:
>>
>> > As a PS I'm afraid to ask, if we've lost any of our regulars,
>>
>> We're going to lose our regular Google Groups posters by 02/22
>>unless they switch to a normal newsreader and and newsserver. That
>>would be these people:
>> tedw, Rob D., hiccum, David P.
>
>David P. is the most serious loss if he quits usenet
>because Google hates usenet. His posts are
>informative.

I suspect David P. is capable of switching to a new setup.

>Tedw is a one note pony, interminably pushing his
>"the first drink is harmless" siren to alcoholics
>and potential alcoholics, dressing up his dope
>with political allusions to conservatism, perhaps
>in hopes of leading conservatives to drink.
>"Progressives" love this sort of "direct activism".
>If you miss him, buy his book, I have, and
>would rather read it than something I entirely
>agree with because in that instance something
>would be wrong with me and/or the book.

I'm not so sure tedw is capable of switching to a new setup.

>Rob D is primarily political, and I already know
>his politics by picking up any newspaper or watching
>a show on TV. His message seems to be that
>Everything On TV Is True. Google says usenet
>is obsolete, so who is he to disagree? A
>plebeian to disagree with an expert in technology?

I'm sure Rob is capable of switching to a new setup, but probably
unwilling.

>Hiccum I suspect is a Google CEO. Powerful executives
>are often simply abusive and rudimentary in public
>debates, something we do see often in the News.
>Whether Google will continue to spam usenet as a
>Denial Of Service attack after "disconnecting" to
>usenet is an open question. Google doesn't
>disconnect to anything but simply denies user
>access to results of searches of their archives.

I'm sure Hiccum will find a way to continue annoying people since he
lives for that.

>(IE, I guess that Google will continue to archive
>usenet but will not allow public access to it.)
>

>> In addition most of the other regulars barely post anymore. Those
>> would be:
>> Charlie M, Mark W, Ted H, CW, and some others which I've forgotten
>> their names since they barely participate.
>>
>> We need you to pick up the slack now that you're home and out of
>>the hospital. Glad you're still here to correct the rest of us
>>when we're wrong!
>
>- one of the forgettables, but usually I don't
>like to make personal attacks, but that's what
>people say when they make personal attacks.

--
"Defeat is worse than death because you have to live with defeat." ~
Bill Musselman