Final Report 70th GSC

jimbo

Oct 26, 2020, 8:45:11 AM10/26/20

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 10:38:21 AM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 8:45 AM, jimbo wrote:
> First time published as PDF Doc.
>
> https://aa87.org/en/aa87-accueil/members-section-aa87/delegates-corner/

thanks for posting, Jim.

--
Dr. Skeezix LaRocca, D.B. (Doctor Of Buffoonery)
Registered Linux Novice & Abuser #526706
We aren't cheap, but we're reasonable
No appointment needed

Mark Warner

Oct 26, 2020, 11:28:28 AM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 8:45 AM, jimbo wrote:
> First time published as PDF Doc.
>
> https://aa87.org/en/aa87-accueil/members-section-aa87/delegates-corner/

I went straight to the financial report. All is rosy. Of course, it's
2019 numbers, so no one should get excited. The 2020 numbers will
probably be brutal. Lots of groups meeting virtually or folding
altogether. Hard to pass a basket that way.

--
Mark Warner
...lose .inhibitions when replying

Charlie M. 1958

Oct 26, 2020, 12:02:42 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 10:29 AM, Mark Warner wrote:

> I went straight to the financial report. All is rosy. Of course, it's
> 2019 numbers, so no one should get excited. The 2020 numbers will
> probably be brutal. Lots of groups meeting virtually or folding
> altogether. Hard to pass a basket that way.

Hey, that gives me a great idea for some service work. I'll start a Go
Fund Me page and distribute all funds received to needy groups.
{{{{smirk}}}

badgolferman

Oct 26, 2020, 12:27:35 PM10/26/20
Fortunately for you there aren't a lot of AA members who understand the
concept of self-support...

jimbo

Oct 26, 2020, 12:34:33 PM10/26/20
On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 11:28:28 AM UTC-4, Mark Warner wrote:

> I went straight to the financial report. All is rosy. Of course, it's
> 2019 numbers, so no one should get excited. The 2020 numbers will
> probably be brutal. Lots of groups meeting virtually or folding
> altogether. Hard to pass a basket that way.

Not so, contributions to the Area are up by 60%. People using Zoom are
really contributing. The monies in excess of what the Area needs are sent to support the GSO. The Area is using a direct deposit app.

Mark Warner

Oct 26, 2020, 12:58:13 PM10/26/20
Good then. For your Area, at least. It remains to be seen how widespread
that will be. I have my doubts.

--
Mark Warner
MX Linux KDE

jimbo

Oct 26, 2020, 1:55:55 PM10/26/20
On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 12:58:13 PM UTC-4, Mark Warner wrote:

> Good then. For your Area, at least. It remains to be seen how widespread
> that will be. I have my doubts.

Lots of older members are embracing Zoom. The technology suits their needs.
Zoom is not going to disappear. Over 70% of english groups are on Zoom.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 2:25:05 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 1:55 PM, jimbo wrote:

> Lots of older members are embracing Zoom. The technology suits their needs.
> Zoom is not going to disappear. Over 70% of english groups are on Zoom.

I was afraid of losing my Regina meeting when and if they go back to the
rooms..Almost everyone is 55+ and they said the hell with going back to
the church when they are looking at a Saskatchewan winter...I have not
been to a F2F meeting since things have shut down and Zoom is fine with me.

Mark Warner

Oct 26, 2020, 2:34:06 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 2:25 PM, LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 1:55 PM, jimbo wrote:
>>
>> Lots of older members are embracing Zoom. The technology suits their
>> needs.
>> Zoom is not going to disappear. Over 70% of english groups are on Zoom.
>
> I was afraid of losing my Regina meeting when and if they go back to the
> rooms..Almost everyone is 55+ and they said the hell with going back to
> the church when they are looking at a Saskatchewan winter...I have not
> been to a F2F meeting since things have shut down and Zoom is fine with
> me.

To each his own. Hell, the main reason I go to meetings is to get out of
the fucking house and actually deal with people in the real world. No
Zooming for me.

badgolferman

Oct 26, 2020, 3:22:06 PM10/26/20
Mark Warner wrote:

>To each his own. Hell, the main reason I go to meetings is to get out
>of the fucking house and actually deal with people in the real world.
>No Zooming for me.

As LaRocca says... I hate it when we agree!

Charlie M. 1958

Oct 26, 2020, 3:48:25 PM10/26/20
Double ditto.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 4:08:43 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 2:34 PM, Mark Warner wrote:
th me.

> To each his own. Hell, the main reason I go to meetings is to get out of
> the fucking house and actually deal with people in the real world. No
> Zooming for me.

A few friends of mine in the program meet on Saturday at one guy's
spacious place..We sit at safe distances and just shoot the shit..I feel
safe doing that...In a meeting where all types of people, some of which,
don't always use common sense, not so much...We are still over 1,500 new
infections a day...To me, that is cause for alarm.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 4:17:41 PM10/26/20
I go to the gym 6 mornings a week..I get more than enough people time
between that and my Sat. Morning small group shoot the shit.

What I like about the two Zooms I go to is that I can sit around before
or after the meeting and bullshit with the people if I wish...I know
I've never met these people face to face, but it's much like
ARAA...after awhile you feel you know them.

Mark Warner

Oct 26, 2020, 4:40:25 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 4:08 PM, LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 2:34 PM, Mark Warner wrote:
>>
>> To each his own. Hell, the main reason I go to meetings is to get out
>> of the fucking house and actually deal with people in the real world.
>> No Zooming for me.
>
> A few friends of mine in the program meet on Saturday at one guy's
> spacious place..We sit at safe distances and just shoot the shit..I feel
> safe doing that...In a meeting where all types of people, some of which,
> don't always use common sense, not so much...We are still over 1,500 new
> infections a day...To me, that is cause for alarm.

I'm actually impressed at how well people are behaving at the meetings I
go to now. Me being the dick that I am, I have had to call out people
who think the mask is supposed to cover their chins instead of their
mouths and noses, but it's only been a couple and they didn't try and
get shitty about it.

badgolferman

Oct 26, 2020, 4:54:07 PM10/26/20
LaRocca (Tony) <fatl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/20 3:48 PM, Charlie M. 1958 wrote:

>>> As LaRocca says... I hate it when we agree!
>>>

>> Double ditto.
>>

> I go to the gym 6 mornings a week..I get more than enough people time
> between that and my Sat. Morning small group shoot the shit.
>
> What I like about the two Zooms I go to is that I can sit around before
> or after the meeting and bullshit with the people if I wish...I know
> I've never met these people face to face, but it's much like
> ARAA...after awhile you feel you know them.

You are contradictory. You avoid meetings because of the fear of
coronavirus but go to the gym six times a week?

Charlie M. 1958

Oct 26, 2020, 5:03:03 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 3:40 PM, Mark Warner wrote:

> I'm actually impressed at how well people are behaving at the meetings I
> go to now. Me being the dick that I am, I have had to call out people
> who think the mask is supposed to cover their chins instead of their
> mouths and noses, but it's only been a couple and they didn't try and
> get shitty about it.

This is all well and good, but if I can't hug the chicks what's the point?

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 5:08:53 PM10/26/20
Sadly, some are using PayPal which is taking ITS pound of flesh.

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 5:10:34 PM10/26/20
WTF, I  can  save all that time getting cleaned up, shaving, driving to
the meeting. Then, if I want to, I can multitask during the meeting. I
miss the AA coffee, of course, the birthday cakes, and the hugs...

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 5:12:18 PM10/26/20
WTF, put her down in the crawl space, now and then, for some peace and
relative quiet.

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 5:14:37 PM10/26/20
Fine, you don't live in a climate cold enough to freeze the brass balls
off a progressive.

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 5:18:56 PM10/26/20
Good question.  You'd think that gyms would be hotbeds of contagion.

jimbo

Oct 26, 2020, 5:52:28 PM10/26/20
On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, Mark Warner wrote:

> To each his own. Hell, the main reason I go to meetings is to get out of
> the fucking house and actually deal with people in the real world. No
> Zooming for me.

Each AREA has to cover around $5,000 in expenses per delegate. With 93 Areas that adds up to roughly 450 k in savings.
Our Delegate, like most is computer savy and pre-programmed laptops were sent to each delegate.
Next, get rid of Forums. These cost 350,000 and really suit Zoom technology.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 5:58:21 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 4:54 PM, badgolferman wrote:

> You are contradictory. You avoid meetings because of the fear of
> coronavirus but go to the gym six times a week?

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic event, you'd be a shoo in for
the perennial gold..My gym maintains the strictest conditions..If you
are caught being closer than 6ft. away from a person, you are warned one
time, 2nd time, you are out..You must sanitize everything you
touch..They hand you spray sanitizer when you walk in, but only after
they take your temp...Any other questions, professor ?

Most meetings do not come close to the level of common sense sanitation
that the gym does.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 6:10:20 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 4:40 PM, Mark Warner wrote:

> I'm actually impressed at how well people are behaving at the meetings I
> go to now. Me being the dick that I am, I have had to call out people
> who think the mask is supposed to cover their chins instead of their
> mouths and noses, but it's only been a couple and they didn't try and
> get shitty about it.

One of our local guru type pigeon keepers is a Trumpoid no masker...the
same guy who defied the governor's order and kept his barbershop open
when everything was closed down...We have had a meeting in a church on a
Wed. morning for over 40 years...It opened back up recently, but the
guru and some of his sheep were maskless...The pastor made it clear
masks were to be worn and sanitation observed...When the pastor found
out, he warned them again...Mr. Guru said, no way...Pastor says...OK you
guys are done...No more meetings here.

Nice work on the gurus part, eh ?...BTW, he is sober for 45 years, a
self proclaimed Christian, and a Sunday School Teacher.

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 7:50:25 PM10/26/20
On 2020-10-26 4:10 p.m., LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 4:40 PM, Mark Warner wrote:
>

>> I'm actually impressed at how well people are behaving at the
>> meetings I go to now. Me being the dick that I am, I have had to call
>> out people who think the mask is supposed to cover their chins
>> instead of their mouths and noses, but it's only been a couple and
>> they didn't try and get shitty about it.
>>

> One of our local guru type pigeon keepers is a Trumpoid no
> masker...the same guy who defied the governor's order and kept his
> barbershop open when everything was closed down...We have had a
> meeting in a church on a Wed. morning for over 40 years...It opened
> back up recently, but the guru and some of his sheep were
> maskless...The pastor made it clear masks were to be worn and
> sanitation observed...When the pastor found out, he warned them
> again...Mr. Guru said, no way...Pastor says...OK you guys are
> done...No more meetings here.
>
> Nice work on the gurus part, eh ?...BTW, he is sober for 45 years, a
> self proclaimed Christian, and a Sunday School Teacher.

WTF. He was warned. Pigeon lesson: disobey landlord--get arse kicked.

Mark Warner

Oct 26, 2020, 8:52:57 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 06:10 PM, LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 4:40 PM, Mark Warner wrote:
>>
>> I'm actually impressed at how well people are behaving at the meetings
>> I go to now. Me being the dick that I am, I have had to call out
>> people who think the mask is supposed to cover their chins instead of
>> their mouths and noses, but it's only been a couple and they didn't
>> try and get shitty about it.
>
> One of our local guru type pigeon keepers is a Trumpoid no masker...the
> same guy who defied the governor's order and kept his barbershop open
> when everything was closed down...We have had a meeting in a church on a
> Wed. morning for over 40 years...It opened back up recently, but the
> guru and some of his sheep were maskless...The pastor made it clear
> masks were to be worn and sanitation observed...When the pastor found
> out, he warned them again...Mr. Guru said, no way...Pastor says...OK you
> guys are done...No more meetings here.
>
> Nice work on the gurus part, eh ?...BTW, he is sober for 45 years, a
> self proclaimed Christian, and a Sunday School Teacher.

The group should have enforced the masking order. The pastor shouldn't
have been involved.

Mark Warner

Oct 26, 2020, 8:56:03 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 05:58 PM, LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 4:54 PM, badgolferman wrote:
>>
>> You are contradictory. You avoid meetings because of the fear of
>> coronavirus but go to the gym six times a week?
>
> If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic event, you'd be a shoo in for
> the perennial gold..My gym maintains the strictest conditions..If you
> are caught being closer than 6ft. away from a person, you are warned one
> time, 2nd time, you are out..You must sanitize everything you
> touch..They hand you spray sanitizer when you walk in, but only after
> they take your temp...Any other questions, professor ?
>
> Most meetings do not come close to the level of common sense sanitation
> that the gym does.

If they're not requiring masking at all times then they're just putting
on a good show.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 9:43:48 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 8:56 PM, Mark Warner wrote:

> If they're not requiring masking at all times then they're just putting
> on a good show.

No mask, no entrance...They are strict about it at my gym.

LaRocca (Tony)

Oct 26, 2020, 9:45:20 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/20 8:52 PM, Mark Warner wrote:

> The group should have enforced the masking order. The pastor shouldn't
> have been involved.

If you knew that group, you'd understand..Crazy bastards.

Sharx335

Oct 26, 2020, 10:03:31 PM10/26/20
On 2020-10-26 7:45 p.m., LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 8:52 PM, Mark Warner wrote:
>

>> The group should have enforced the masking order. The pastor
>> shouldn't have been involved.
>>

> If you knew that group, you'd understand..Crazy bastards.

When people refuse to discipline themselves, guaranteed, eventually they
*will* be disciplined by others.

Charlie M. 1958

Oct 26, 2020, 10:31:55 PM10/26/20
On 10/26/2020 4:58 PM, LaRocca (Tony) wrote:

If you
> are caught being closer than 6ft. away from a person, you are warned one
> time, 2nd time, you are out..You must sanitize everything you
> touch..They hand you spray sanitizer when you walk in, but only after
> they take your temp...Any other questions, professor ?

Are you sure you're not confusing youre gym rules with your favorite
strip club rules?

Sharx335

Oct 27, 2020, 12:54:36 AM10/27/20
Har Har. Good one, Charlie!

Mark Warner

Oct 27, 2020, 7:55:56 AM10/27/20
On 10/26/2020 09:43 PM, LaRocca (Tony) wrote:
> On 10/26/20 8:56 PM, Mark Warner wrote:
>>
>> If they're not requiring masking at all times then they're just
>> putting on a good show.
>
> No mask, no entrance...They are strict about it at my gym.

Good. Some gyms think you can't wear a mask while exercising.

Ted H

Oct 27, 2020, 10:08:32 AM10/27/20
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 05:45:10 -0700 (PDT),
jimbo <james.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First time published as PDF Doc.
>
> https://aa87.org/en/aa87-accueil/members-section-aa87/delegates-corner/

I kept the printed versions for many years, but gave up my grudge
(mostly) a few years ago and quit doing so. It'll be interesting
to look in on this again. Thanks for posting the link!

--
Ted H.