wrist watches

Jon G.

Feb 19, 2024, 11:04:13 PMFeb 19
All my life I struggled to find a suitable watch for myself. Before the
digital days I had a mechanical wind-up watch. Then I used a quartz
analog watch. Then I used $19 digital Casio watches but the watch band
was always too small. So I tried different watch bands but they all
broke. In time I was watch starved. After decades of scratching and
clawling, with a little bit of money I went to town. Now I own 4
digital watches with watchbands that fit. I'm a 6'5" 365 pound man with
big wrists. Finally today I'm in watch heaven.

In the old days Casio watches were cheap and ran for years. Their
success must have gone to their heads and now they're overpriced and
inferior to the China brands. Two of my 4 watches cost $12 and $7 and I
prefer them over my 2 expensive Casio G-Forces. I replaced the battery
on one of them and it had a .5 mm gasket around the perimeter. I tried
my best but I'm concerned. I don't know if it's still waterproof. My
other Casio has never been opened. When my watches need new batteries in
a decade I am thinking about having a jeweler replace them if it's not
too expensive.

My $7 China watch has an extra long $19 silicon rubber watchband on it
and all my other bands are extra long nylon. I don't have to fumble
around. I can just shower with them on. I got some adapters on Ebay to
fit the 22 mm wide nylon bands on the other 3.

I am finished with my watch mania. I'm not a Rolex prick and my watch
doesn't need to have 101 functions like a compass, pulse, atomic or
apps. Just to tell time and a reminder about the date and day of the
week. My watch problems are all solved.

I hate to break the news, but the Chinese make respectable products
working longer hours for cheaper pay. They've already overcome the
competition. The competition is lazy, making inferior products working
shorter hours demanding more pay.