Hiker pinned for hours under 6,000-pound-plus boulder, California rescuers say

Leroy N. Soetoro

Dec 16, 2023, 7:04:35 PM12/16/23
https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article282897043.html

A boulder pinned a hiker for seven hours on a steep Inyo County hillside,
California rescuers reported.

The rock, estimated to weigh from 6,000 to 10,000 pounds, trapped the
hiker’s left leg, leaving him in “great pain,” on Tuesday, Dec. 5, the
Inyo County Search & Rescue team said in a Dec. 8 news release.

A California Highway Patrol helicopter dropped two rescuers nearby while
others followed in vehicles on off-road vehicle trails, rescuers said.

Rescuers arrived after dark and used a “system of ropes, pulleys, and
leverage” to move the boulder enough to extricate the injured hiker’s leg,
the release said.

Because of his injuries and the rugged terrain, the hiker was airlifted to
a hospital by a helicopter, rescuers said.

Finding no place to land, a U.S. Navy helicopter lowered a medic, who was
then hoisted back to the helicopter with the injured hiker, rescuers said.

Inyo County lies on the California-Nevada border and includes much of
Death Valley National Park.

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Frank

Dec 18, 2023, 10:42:47 AM12/18/23
On 12/16/2023 7:04 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article282897043.html
>
> A boulder pinned a hiker for seven hours on a steep Inyo County hillside,
> California rescuers reported.
>
> The rock, estimated to weigh from 6,000 to 10,000 pounds, trapped the
> hiker’s left leg, leaving him in “great pain,” on Tuesday, Dec. 5, the
> Inyo County Search & Rescue team said in a Dec. 8 news release.
>
> A California Highway Patrol helicopter dropped two rescuers nearby while
> others followed in vehicles on off-road vehicle trails, rescuers said.
>
> Rescuers arrived after dark and used a “system of ropes, pulleys, and
> leverage” to move the boulder enough to extricate the injured hiker’s leg,
> the release said.
>
> Because of his injuries and the rugged terrain, the hiker was airlifted to
> a hospital by a helicopter, rescuers said.
>
> Finding no place to land, a U.S. Navy helicopter lowered a medic, who was
> then hoisted back to the helicopter with the injured hiker, rescuers said.
>
> Inyo County lies on the California-Nevada border and includes much of
> Death Valley National Park.

I recalled this one and saw movie made on the story of climber cutting
off his own arm to free himself.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101420504

rbowman

Dec 18, 2023, 1:59:24 PM12/18/23
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 10:42:42 -0500, Frank wrote:

> I recalled this one and saw movie made on the story of climber cutting
> off his own arm to free himself.

There was another hiker pinned by a rock that used pages of his bible to
keep a journal as he slowly died. I'm sure it was a really bad day but
this guy was very lucky.

😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅

Dec 18, 2023, 2:23:58 PM12/18/23
On 12/18/2023 1:59 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 10:42:42 -0500, Frank wrote:
>
>> I recalled this one and saw movie made on the story of climber cutting
>> off his own arm to free himself.
> There was another hiker pinned by a rock that used pages of his bible to
> keep a journal as he slowly died.

Who would lug a thick Bible to go hiking? He might have intended to use
it as firewood or TP.

rbowman

Dec 18, 2023, 5:56:05 PM12/18/23
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:23:51 -0500, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:

> Who would lug a thick Bible to go hiking? He might have intended to use
> it as firewood or TP.

amazon.com/dp/1400334845

The weight is listed as 3.49 ounces. Even a wimp such as yourself could
probably lug it. I have a similar version around someplace that was issued
in boot camp. We were also given 'Good News for Modern Man: The New
Testament in Today's English Version' which was a larger paperback
edition.

I read the Goods New one several times. There wasn't much else to read
except a Green Book that explained shuxch things as which way a Claymore
should be pointed. The layout was like a conventional book instead of two
columns which helped, and it was a 'dynamic' translation meaning it
sacrificed accuracy for readability.

It says a lot about the times that it was assumed it would be Christian
soldiers killing whoever. At least you didn't have jihadis like Nidal
Hasan shooting the place up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lroU7apzma8

😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅

Dec 18, 2023, 6:16:41 PM12/18/23
On 12/18/2023 5:56 PM, rbowman wrote:
> We were also given 'Good News for Modern Man: The New
> Testament in Today's English Version' which was a larger paperback
> edition.

Are you aware that the literal meaning of the word "Gospel" is "Good News"?

ORIGIN
    Old English godspel, from god 'good' + spel 'news, a story',
translating ecclesiastical Latin bona annuntiatio or bonus nuntius, used
to gloss ecclesiastical Latin evangelium, from Greek euangelion 'good news'.

rbowman

Dec 18, 2023, 6:27:01 PM12/18/23
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 18:16:34 -0500, 😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅ wrote:

> Are you aware that the literal meaning of the word "Gospel" is "Good
> News"?
>
> ORIGIN
>     Old English godspel, from god 'good' + spel 'news, a story',
> translating ecclesiastical Latin bona annuntiatio or bonus nuntius, used
> to gloss ecclesiastical Latin evangelium, from Greek euangelion 'good
> news'.

I think it was mentioned by Sister Mary Elephant in my First Holy
Communion class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godspell

The hippie clown version written by a Jew of course.