python

juergen

Apr 28, 2003, 2:26:44 AM4/28/03
Hello friends,

first let me say thanks to you for all your
positive feedback about the python.

In the meantime I rode more than 1000km with the
bike and I am v e r y satisfied with it
- in fact it is really big fun.

For those who are interested I have 3 news:

- some new fotos have been added to the hompage
- for homebuilders I want to establish a small
mailinglist
- a material list and a building plan will be
added soon for your free use

"bent but not broken"

regards to all,

Juergen.

http://www.python.de.tt

Dj Blag

Apr 29, 2003, 6:26:06 AM4/29/03
That is truly amazing!
How does one steer?
Chas

juergen

Apr 30, 2003, 3:05:15 AM4/30/03
"Dj Blag" <che...@optonline.net> wrote in message news:<2rsra.5261$A41.1...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

> That is truly amazing!
> How does one steer?
> Chas

Hello Chas,

thanks - I had the impression that my thread was deleted...

The python is a radical design of a center steered lowracer.
Steering is by feet and therefore there are no handlebars.
One can learn the steering principle within 2 weeks.

The python is designed for easy homebuilding, low weight,
low cost and high velocity.

Regards, Juergen.

http://www.python.de.tt

Torben Scheel

May 1, 2003, 6:34:15 AM5/1/03

"juergen" <jma...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> The python is designed for easy homebuilding, low weight,
> low cost and high velocity.

Hi Juergen.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the building plans - I just _have_ to
build one of those. Looks like I could have the most fun since I rode with a
friend when I was 14 years old on a long john (delivery bike :
http://www.dcf.dk/cyklist/cyk20301/images/0301-08a.jpg). One sitting
backwards on the platform, pedalling (backwards) (hey, my first recumbent
experience! So that's where it came from!), the other relaxing and steering.
Or when I took out the unicycle for a 25km "race".

Thank you for sharing!
Torben

Mikael Seierup

May 1, 2003, 5:46:49 AM5/1/03

"Torben Scheel" skrev

> I'm really looking forward to seeing the building plans - I just _have_ to
> build one of those. Looks like I could have the most fun since I rode with a
> friend when I was 14 years old on a long john (delivery bike :
> http://www.dcf.dk/cyklist/cyk20301/images/0301-08a.jpg). One sitting
> backwards on the platform, pedalling (backwards) (hey, my first recumbent
> experience! So that's where it came from!), the other relaxing and steering.

Someone revived it. Not sure I care much about the new saddle or seating
position though. You are not going to set any speed records with 4 crates of beer
on it anyway. (Think thats the most I rode with as a delivery boy many moons ago)

http://www.westocykler.dk/

Someone in the building has one of the old ones.
If I ever bought a wedgie again, this would probably be it.
Massively useful if you don't have a car.

M.

Dave Larrington

May 1, 2003, 6:01:58 AM5/1/03
Pat Field had a Long John about ten years ago, on which he had a bike
carrier fork mount thingy installed. He once used it to bring his Kingcycle
to a race meeting, and a good thing too, seeing as how I rammed him from
behind at 30 mph and destroyed his rear wheel...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

juergen

May 2, 2003, 3:38:01 AM5/2/03
Hi Torben,

as soon as the weather gets bad here, I will proceed with
the material list and the building plans. At this beautiful
springtime weather I prefer cycling (python of course ;-)
instead of sitting at the computer.

If you really want to build the python then you can join
a mailing list, that I want to establish especially for
home builders.

Regards,

Juergen.

Torben Scheel

May 2, 2003, 9:48:52 AM5/2/03
"Mikael Seierup" <briang...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Someone revived it. Not sure I care much about the new saddle or seating
> position though. You are not going to set any speed records with 4 crates
of beer
> on it anyway. (Think thats the most I rode with as a delivery boy many
moons ago)

No speed records when the beer has been drunk either, just an slo-mo
imitation of the Varna fall.

They forgot to improve the steering linkage while they where at it - same
crap as in the '70es.

Torben