Who Makes "Harpoon" recumbents?

Tim Fairbanks

Sep 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/3/98
Does anybody know who makes the "Harpoon" recumbent.

I found a bitmap image at bikeculture.com (see links below), but there is no
manufacturer information listed for this particular 'bent. Looks like a nicely
built bike.

It could be a European product.

If you know who makes'em, please let me know.

Thanks!

http://bikeculture.com/bc/encycleopedia/encycleopedia4/images/recumbents/harpoon.JPG

http://bikeculture.com/bc/encycleopedia/encycleopedia4/frames/welcome.html

Tim Fairbanks
Minneapolis - USA

Bill

Sep 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/4/98

Tim Fairbanks wrote in message <35EEDD6F...@winternet.com>...

>Does anybody know who makes the "Harpoon" recumbent.
>
>I found a bitmap image at bikeculture.com (see links below), but there is
no
>manufacturer information listed for this particular 'bent. Looks like a
nicely
>built bike.

It appears to be a (older) version of the HP Velotechnik (German) Street
Machine.

See http://www.ihpva.org/ihpva/com/HPVelotechnik/streetmachine_gross.html
for a picture. The bikes are almost identical, but the Street Machine looks
a bit more "finished."

The reason I'm familar with these bikes is because their Wavey
http://www.ihpva.org/ihpva/com/HPVelotechnik/wavey.html has a similar
geometry to my Heavy Metal http://www.ihpva.org/Builders/WVolk/hvymetal.html
design.

Enjoy,

Bill Volk

Camies

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98
In the 1997 Encycleopedia the Harpoon is listed as being made by
PIVOT-Liegerader.
Their URL is given as http://home.t-online.de/home/pivot-liegeraeder
- - - - - -
Chris Amies - www.bogo.co.uk/camies with the Virtual Picture Palais
-------------
Flevo Oke-Ja rider and Keeper of the Jirds

Camies

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98

Eckhard Garrelts

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98
The "Harpoon" recumbent is built by the german firm:
Pivot Liegeräder
Ahornstr. 15
88069 Tettnang
Phone: 0049-7542-54656

Greetings from Germany
E. Garrelts

Tim Fairbanks schrieb in Nachricht <35EEDD6F...@winternet.com>...

>Does anybody know who makes the "Harpoon" recumbent.
>
>I found a bitmap image at bikeculture.com (see links below), but there is
no
>manufacturer information listed for this particular 'bent. Looks like a
nicely
>built bike.

jsilv...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2014, 5:25:30 AM8/11/14