guys and glitter??

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Bijan

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
hey all,
i was just wondering. how many guys out here use glitter (when raving?).
whenever i do, the first reaction i get is, "are you gay?"...this coming from
fellow ravers! anyone else get this?? most ravers out here are the
mafia-looking type instead of candy ravers, etc. then again, i live out in
southern cal (right around los angeles)

-bijan

^Å^******************** † ^v^ † ********************^Å^

Bijan Kazem, - bi...@dial.pipex.com
Los Angeles, Calififornia - ICQ UIN #3637704

Gothic to Raver - http://www.1coolplace.com

^Å^*************************************************^Å^

Athrow

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
bijan... they were right to ask if you were gay... any male wearing glitter to a
party must be. my suggestion to you is this: throw all of your glitter out and
never look back upon it. raves are not about glitter, they are about dancing...
glitter is for beautiful raving females.. it enhances their skin and their facial
features... it shouldn't enhance male features... what happens if some guy who's
not gay sees you and gets turned on by it? huh? HUH?!?! THEN WHAT!!! it's just
not fair... i say let go of your glitter and prepare to enter a better world.. a
new world... a world where women dance with glitter in provocative ways... an
anti male glitter wearing world... my perfect world.

Athrow

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
I differ one this... I'm what most would call a gothy.. I'm male and I
occassionally wear glitter... it depends on what outfit I am wearing... just
because I wear glitter and make up doesn't mean that I'm gay... it means
that you now are a bigot because in one of your last posts you were talking
about another person making stereotypes... by this post it shows me several
things... 1) you are a bigot 2) your are also stereotypical and 3) you are
homophobic.....


Athrow <ath...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:368EECE8...@hotmail.com...

>> ^Å^******************** ? ^v^ ? ********************^Å^

IiI Dreame

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
I personally see nothing wrong with a guy wearing glitter. Hell more power to
him. It's whatever you wanna do. If I saw a guy at a rave wearing glitter...I
would walk up to him give him a BIG hug and ask him if he had anymore to
share..... ::huggles to da glitter boys::

**Nikki**

Sati 00

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
yup, i'm all for it too.. glitter is sweet

i'm in FL, and i never see guys wearing glitter... well, unless they're gay..
and yeah, i can say i'd probably assume someone was if they were wearing it,
but that doesn't matter... i've been wrong about people's sexual orientation
many times!! ...especially in the rave scene, u never know. so if it bothers
you that people ask, ya know..don't wear it... but it doesn't seem to bother
you, and that's cool...
i love glitter :D
peace
-miss sati

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
forgot to tell ya I wear skirts also guess that makes me gay huh?

Bijan ignore the idiot... do what YOU want to and don't be bothered by what
people think

Maelstrome <now...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:76mubf$4nu$1...@nw001t.infi.net...

tib...@home.com

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
LOL...mafia type?? I'm sorry, but I live in SO. Cali as well and I have
to ask, who's ass did you pull that out of?? If there is ANY prevalent
"rave group" it's the candy ravers and/or club kidds...go figure...

Bijan wrote:
>
> hey all,
> i was just wondering. how many guys out here use glitter (when raving?).
> whenever i do, the first reaction i get is, "are you gay?"...this coming from
> fellow ravers! anyone else get this?? most ravers out here are the
> mafia-looking type instead of candy ravers, etc. then again, i live out in
> southern cal (right around los angeles)
>
> -bijan
>

> ^Å^******************** † ^v^ † ********************^Å^

Bijan

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
Athrow <ath...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>bijan... they were right to ask if you were gay...

they may have a right to ~ask~ but not in a demeaning way...

> any male wearing glitter to a
>party must be.

*Ahem* I beg to differ....

>my suggestion to you is this: throw all of your glitter out and
> never look back upon it.

fat chance....don't think there would be a garbage can large enough =)

>raves are not about glitter, they are about dancing...

and about having fun! weather it be with or without glitter. most of my raver
friends agree with me that most ravers don't really have to 'prove' anything
to anyone, and having to prove their masculinity and 'machoness' towards other
guys, instead of the mentality of others.

> glitter is for beautiful raving females.. it enhances their skin and their facial
>features...

people also glue it on paper, but that doesn't mean guys can't use it..

> what happens if some guy who's

>gay sees you and gets turned on by it? huh? HUH?!?! THEN WHAT!!! it's

i tell him i'm not gay, and walk away?

-Bijan
Glitter Boi

IiI Dreame

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
GLITTER IS DA BESTEST!! ::huggles da glitter boiz::

**Nikki**

Bijan

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
tib...@home.com wrote:
>LOL...mafia type??

Yeah! I can't beleive you haven't seen them! They're dressed in big suits,
complete with dress shoes and ties, and big 'ol trench coats! There was a grip
at the New Yars one I went to...

I'm sorry, but I live in SO. Cali as well and I have
>to ask, who's ass did you pull that out of?? If there is ANY prevalent
>"rave group" it's the candy ravers and/or club kidds...go figure...

actually, i don't know many candy ravers. most are hispani ravers (going back
to the mafia ravers...)

-bijan

Bijan

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
In article <76n4ph$4dr$1...@nw001t.infi.net>, "Maelstrome" <now...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>forgot to tell ya I wear skirts also guess that makes me gay huh?

ooh, i have a kilt (no it's not plaid...black with pvc straps *yummy*), and a
dress coat of my own (both made for men, thank you very much)....

Pagis Delmeth

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to

Bijan wrote in message <76mmo3$56b$2...@camel19.mindspring.com>...

>hey all,
> i was just wondering. how many guys out here use glitter (when raving?).
>whenever i do, the first reaction i get is, "are you gay?"...this coming
from
>fellow ravers! anyone else get this?? most ravers out here are the
>mafia-looking type instead of candy ravers, etc. then again, i live out in
>southern cal (right around los angeles)


I often wear sparkles -- got this stuff that's like dust (very VERY fine)..
a little dab'll do ya. I know lots of guys who wear sparkles. Some of them
are gay. Some of them aren't. I've been asked if I am gay. I'm not. I
usually change the subject and make them wonder rather than take all the fun
out of it. Call me a closet hetero.

plur


tib...@home.com

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
LOL...big suits? Never seen 'em! The only group I can fathom that is
closely related to what you are trying to describe are rebels, but they
are fools anyway, and I don't consider them ravers in the least amount
possible...all they're interested in is the hoochie ass girlies and
dressing like James Dean...heheh...makes me laugh...saw a shitload of
them at Metropolis, but never seen any at any parties...except at Bigger
in Mission Viejo, where I thought it was the voices in my head,
whispering, "E" and "Acid" as I walked past them. LOL And most of them
are of Spanish decent. LOL makes me laugh. By the way, glitter is
cool, doesn't make a man gay.

3am eternal...
Christy

Bijan wrote:
>
> tib...@home.com wrote:
> >LOL...mafia type??
>
> Yeah! I can't beleive you haven't seen them! They're dressed in big suits,
> complete with dress shoes and ties, and big 'ol trench coats! There was a grip
> at the New Yars one I went to...
>
> I'm sorry, but I live in SO. Cali as well and I have
> >to ask, who's ass did you pull that out of?? If there is ANY prevalent
> >"rave group" it's the candy ravers and/or club kidds...go figure...
>
> actually, i don't know many candy ravers. most are hispani ravers (going back
> to the mafia ravers...)
>

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
a kilt alright but if you have ever seen the garb that pinhead wears from
hellraiser then you'll notice that his skirt flares out a bit... usually I
go for that look with my skirts... :)


Bijan <bi...@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:76n909$t1a$3...@camel29.mindspring.com...


>In article <76n4ph$4dr$1...@nw001t.infi.net>, "Maelstrome"
<now...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>forgot to tell ya I wear skirts also guess that makes me gay huh?
>
>ooh, i have a kilt (no it's not plaid...black with pvc straps *yummy*), and
a
>dress coat of my own (both made for men, thank you very much)....
>
>-bijan
>

>^Å^******************** ? ^v^ ? ********************^Å^

bre...@home.com

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
I live around L.A. to. I've worn glitter on a whim and I'm not gay.
Althogh I was going to put some on a few weeks ago and my girlfriend
told me not to - she's wierd like that. Exactly where around L.A. do you
live? I'm in Mission Viejo. (South Orange County)

Bijan wrote:
>
> hey all,
> i was just wondering. how many guys out here use glitter (when raving?).
> whenever i do, the first reaction i get is, "are you gay?"...this coming from
> fellow ravers! anyone else get this?? most ravers out here are the
> mafia-looking type instead of candy ravers, etc. then again, i live out in
> southern cal (right around los angeles)
>

> -bijan
>
> ^Å^******************** † ^v^ † ********************^Å^

bre...@home.com

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
It's fun athrow. It's like wearing baggy pants.

Athrow wrote:
>
> bijan... they were right to ask if you were gay... any male wearing glitter to a
> party must be. my suggestion to you is this: throw all of your glitter out and
> never look back upon it. raves are not about glitter, they are about dancing...


> glitter is for beautiful raving females.. it enhances their skin and their facial

> features... it shouldn't enhance male features... what happens if some guy who's
> not gay sees you and gets turned on by it? huh? HUH?!?! THEN WHAT!!! it's just


> not fair... i say let go of your glitter and prepare to enter a better world.. a
> new world... a world where women dance with glitter in provocative ways... an
> anti male glitter wearing world... my perfect world.
>
> Athrow
>

bre...@home.com

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
-"By the way, glitter is cool, doesn't make a man gay."
Then why did you tell me not to wear it that night we went to Monster
Massive sweetie?

tib...@home.com wrote:
>
> LOL...big suits? Never seen 'em! The only group I can fathom that is
> closely related to what you are trying to describe are rebels, but they
> are fools anyway, and I don't consider them ravers in the least amount
> possible...all they're interested in is the hoochie ass girlies and
> dressing like James Dean...heheh...makes me laugh...saw a shitload of
> them at Metropolis, but never seen any at any parties...except at Bigger
> in Mission Viejo, where I thought it was the voices in my head,
> whispering, "E" and "Acid" as I walked past them. LOL And most of them
> are of Spanish decent. LOL makes me laugh. By the way, glitter is
> cool, doesn't make a man gay.
>
> 3am eternal...
> Christy
>
> Bijan wrote:
> >
> > tib...@home.com wrote:
> > >LOL...mafia type??
> >
> > Yeah! I can't beleive you haven't seen them! They're dressed in big suits,
> > complete with dress shoes and ties, and big 'ol trench coats! There was a grip
> > at the New Yars one I went to...
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I live in SO. Cali as well and I have
> > >to ask, who's ass did you pull that out of?? If there is ANY prevalent
> > >"rave group" it's the candy ravers and/or club kidds...go figure...
> >
> > actually, i don't know many candy ravers. most are hispani ravers (going back
> > to the mafia ravers...)
> >

:*

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
hey
*hugs* to all you glitter guys out there!
glitter is thee best...
tis magic faerie dust.
keep it up!
those who associate that with being gay should take a course in creative
expression and examine their OWN outlook on THEMSELVES if they care so
much about some guy wearing glitter.
it's cool.
so there.
peace

sara:*
thee glitter goddess

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
True that$@%#@%^ Glitter is for females.... And it looks quite nice on them I must
say =) Guys wearing glitter (in my mind) are most likely gay.. thats just my $0.02
tho..
pe@ce

-Ryan

Bijan

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
In article <368F490C...@home.com>, bre...@home.com wrote:
>I live around L.A. to. I've worn glitter on a whim and I'm not gay.
>Althogh I was going to put some on a few weeks ago and my girlfriend
>told me not to - she's wierd like that. Exactly where around L.A. do you
>live? I'm in Mission Viejo. (South Orange County)

I live around Santa Monica near Pacific Palisades, but I'm known to travel far
and wide if I hear of a really good rave =)...

-Bijan

THE ONE

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
In <76n8nk$t1a$2...@camel29.mindspring.com> bi...@NOSPAM.com (Bijan)
writes:
>
>tib...@home.com wrote:
>>LOL...mafia type??
>
>Yeah! I can't beleive you haven't seen them! They're dressed in big
suits,
>complete with dress shoes and ties, and big 'ol trench coats! There
was a grip
>at the New Yars one I went to...
>

These tyeps would be part of the "guido" stereotype that candy ravers
have for Latin/Italian club types who dont dress the rave part. There
are not as numerous at most raves since they usually are more into
chicks than raving so they get turned off to raves very easily. Those
that do get into raving then start dressing down since it gets pretty
damn hot dancing for hours in a suit. I should know since I'm a guido.
I wasnt aware however that guidos were showing up in great numbers to
some rave events. Wow! Would you say that these particular raves are
a little more sexual than the asexual atmosphere that rave events
usually have (girls in baggy pants, underaged GIRLS running around, sex
drive killer ecstacy abound, trance msuic with no physical sexual
overtones). Now you got me curious.

Or maybe people were dressed up when they normally wouldve have been
beacuse it was New Years Eve.

Jay

Bijan

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
ja...@ix.netcom.com(THE ONE) wrote:

>Or maybe people were dressed up when they normally wouldve have been
>beacuse it was New Years Eve.

Nope, there are tons (at least to (practically) all the raves I've been too).
It's true, I don't think thy're interested in the rave itself...more like the
hoochie's there =)....The last one I was to (that wasn't raided =\) was in
very late December. It was FREEZING - yet almost 90% of the girls were wearing
skirts so short, they didn't even have to bend over till you could see their
panties, and there must have been at least 3lbs of flesh per person hanging
out of their shirt!

.oOo.groovinkim.oOo.

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to
when i go to a party, i don't care if the person next
to me is wearing glitter, an afro, tight pants, big pants,
no pants, a dress, body paint, suits and ties, khaki pants,
a uniform, whatever. i don't care if they are gay, straight,
bi, transsexual, hemaphrodite. i don't care if they are
young, old, black, white, hispanic, native american, asian,
etc.

anyone who gives a shit about things like that needs
to open their ears and listen to the *music*. that is what
brings us together. it is not a fashion show. it is not a
status contest. it is not a place to be judging others on
superficial things that have no bearing on who they are
as a person.

dance, dammit.

:)

kim

"you see, we didn't care about the social scene. it
didn't matter what you were wearing or who you were
friends with or what you knew or what you didn't know.
i don't really understand what's going on now, but in
those days, we used to dance." - dubtribe

p.s. glitter doesn't have anything to do with your
sexual preference. whoever said that has got
some mental hang-ups and probably some sexuality
issues of their own.

«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
experiencealightrancenhancexplorevolorlovevolve
http://www.pulpfiction.com/rave/groovinkim
seattletekknoinfoline 206.346.0378 - ICQ #2388692
«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«

--==[cLoUd]==--

unread,
Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
to

> GLITTER IS DA BESTEST!! ::huggles da glitter boiz::
>
> **Nikki**

/me breaks out all his glitter just so he can get a _HUGE_ _HUG_ from
nikki ... see yah on the NE scene someday ...
-Cloud

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
| Jeff M. Urnaza "Cloud" | Biochemistry Worcester Polytechnic Institute |
| email: urn...@wpi.edu | Trance / Jungle Dj, Computer Geek Extrodinar |
| phone: 508.361.7486 |----------------------------------------------|
| pager: 1.800.844.5531 or http://www.boston.cellone.com # 5083617486 |
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*


NfltblGdss

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
<snip crap about rave attire and hoohcies and their flesh and all that garbage>

umm...to each his/her own. i'm sure they're saying some pretty mean stuff
about you too.

Rissablk

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
TRUE DAT!::rounds of applause!::

tib...@home.com

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
LOL..."Guido" type.......hehehehehehe, that's a funny term to use...I
used to date a real "Guido" actually from Italy when I lived in Atlanta,
he was a trip and horny as fuck.

> Or maybe people were dressed up when they normally wouldve have been
> beacuse it was New Years Eve.
>

> Jay

los...@my-dejanews.com

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
In article <19990103210733...@ng150.aol.com>,

riss...@aol.com (Rissablk) wrote:
> TRUE DAT!::rounds of applause!::
>
Agreed! :)
In fact, I think I'll wear glitter to the next rave I go to, just 'cos of this
thread :)

---------------------------------------------
Loseboy
The Official Rat Shaman of the New Millennium

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
another stereotypical homophob on the loose...


CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message
news:368FB6B5...@tir.com...

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
oh come on babe ya know you want my nice large cock in that juicy mouth of
yours...

^SoJu^ <ta...@bconnex.net> wrote in message news:76pkm7$f6u$1...@remarQ.com...
>
>all of u are gay. go to hell drug freaks.
>
>

NfltblGdss

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
>all of u are gay. go to hell drug freaks.

yeah yer momma!

Rissablk

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
You know what I think? I think we should find SoJu, strap him/her down to a
vibrating table and force some E into his/her system and see what happens.. =D

~Shellz~

Daniel.

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
The biological entity known as riss...@aol.com (Rissablk)
communicated via alt.rave that...:

>You know what I think? I think we should find SoJu, strap him/her down to a
>vibrating table and force some E into his/her system and see what happens.. =D

surely we should keep the E for someone who'd appreciate it... and
find something else to force into li'l' SoJu :-)

Daniel


DjSuave

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
Well hey I sport glitter in my hair and nail polish too thick ass
Chucks and lip stick and I shadow . And if some one calls me fagot
fuck it I show`um my duck and say suck it . =]

Then my grrl will get mad at me
and I`ll give her a bean to calm down
lifes short you either get fucked or ya get fucked
either way be safe
plur
Rico


PS thats was on Christmas night that i was funked out.
at the paradome .

PSS i know that some of this is like whatever
just felt like typing =]

DjSuave

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
yes i do


On Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:58 GMT, bi...@NOSPAM.com (Bijan) wrote:

>hey all,
> i was just wondering. how many guys out here use glitter (when raving?).
>whenever i do, the first reaction i get is, "are you gay?"...this coming from
>fellow ravers! anyone else get this?? most ravers out here are the
>mafia-looking type instead of candy ravers, etc. then again, i live out in
>southern cal (right around los angeles)
>
>-bijan
>

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to Maelstrome
PARDON ME? My comment might have been slightly stereotypical I am not denying
that. But, am I not entitled to my opinion? It seems to me like many people
agreed that one could assume a guy wearing glitter to be gay/bi.. And if you
read my post I said "most likely" This means that they don't HAVE to be gay/bi
just because they were wearing glitter! You don't need to lash out at me
because of the nature of Anthrow's post.. And I resent being called a
homophob.. I would like to think of myself as a pretty open-minded
individual.. Personally, I could give two shits if you want to wear glitter or
about you sexuality.. To each his own.. You just came off to me like a real
jerk!
pe@ce

-Ryan

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
I come off that way to all people that present themselves as close minded
individuals... because by that statement it shows that you have a
narrowminded way of thinking... never assume anything because what are the
first 3 letters of assume? yes my good boy ASS that's what you make of
yourself...


CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message

news:369116D2...@tir.com...

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
There is nothing wrong with assupmtion.. as long as you don't offend someone due
to something you assume. If I was bi/gay would it be wrong of me to assume that
someone else was bi/gay? It doesn't hurt to assume.. Just because you hold an
opinion (assumption.. I might even say guess) Doesn't mean you are an ASS! You
would be an ass not to assume things.. As a matter of fact, without assumption
I think I would get myself into some sticky situations.. And IF I assumed
someone wearing glitter to be bi/gay would it be a bad thing? It COULD be a bad
thing if I used that assumption in the wrong way.. Other than that it makes no
difference.. I wouldn't treat you differently if you were straight/bi/gay or
otherwise.. And I still think that glitter is for females.. but I wouldn't care
if I saw a male wearing it.. I just choose not to wear it myself.. But here is
one assumption for you.. I assume that you are a real asshole!
pe@ce

-Ryan

-Wilykat-

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
Bijan wrote:
>
> hey all,
> i was just wondering. how many guys out here use glitter (when raving?).
> whenever i do, the first reaction i get is, "are you gay?"...this coming from
> fellow ravers! anyone else get this??

I've never been out to a rave (Hullabaloo on the 6th will be my
first!!!!)
but I _do_ wear stars and sparkles and stuff when I go out clubbing.
I'll be
at Hullabaloo in a pair of pink fun fur pants and I'll even wear glitter
if
I can find some more!!

During new years I was handing out stars to like,
everyone I was dancing near/around at a club in Toronto! It was
amazing!!!

-Wilykat- on FurryMUCK ICQ#3351587 | "There will come a time
http://www.furnation.com/Wilykat/ | when you realize,
[FurCode 1.3]FFT4adms A++ C+++ D++>+ | that you really should
H+++ M+++ P++ R++ T++ W Z Sm+ RLU a- | have taken the advice
c++ndw d++ e- f++ h* iwf++ j p+ sm# | of your cat." -wk-
Ask for PGP | sig v3.0 (11/27/98)| rrrrp...woemweomweomweom

.oOo.groovinkim.oOo.

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
CyberToast wrote in message <36913BC2...@tir.com>...

>There is nothing wrong with assupmtion.. as long as you don't offend
someone due to something you assume. If I was bi/gay would it be wrong of
me to assume that someone else was bi/gay? It doesn't hurt to assume..
> -Ryan


i disagree..i think the more you assume, the more you limit
yourself and others around you...the less pre-conceptions you
have about something, the more open you are to any possibility.

i didn't interpret your statement as homophobic, but i can see
why the other boy took offense to it.

kim

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
to
you are correct I am an asshole... but only on occasion...

CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message

news:36913BC2...@tir.com...


>There is nothing wrong with assupmtion.. as long as you don't offend
someone due
>to something you assume. If I was bi/gay would it be wrong of me to assume
that

^SoJu^

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to

Emplives

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to

Hey man, as a gay guy who never wore glitter i say to you bless you man, this
is what rave sceen is all about -- breaking the fucked up stereotypes and
fucked up rules our society placed on us, and setting new rules and boundaries
for our generation and generations to come =), i say bless you man and do what
you do best make yourself and others happy!

Love,
Peace,
Unity,
Respect =)!!!!

Phoenix In NeW YOrK


Da CheMiCaL BuDDha

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999 00:11:35 -0500, "Maelstrome" <now...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>I differ one this... I'm what most would call a gothy.. I'm male and I
>occassionally wear glitter... it depends on what outfit I am wearing... just
>because I wear glitter and make up doesn't mean that I'm gay... it means
>that you now are a bigot because in one of your last posts you were talking
>about another person making stereotypes... by this post it shows me several
>things...
> 1) you are a bigot 2) your are also stereotypical and 3) you are
>homophobic.....

don't forget 4) JOKING

i love glitter and am a guy and i just think it's fun cause of the
sparkle and shine ... on chicks it's sexy ... on me it's just fun :)
--
take out the secret backwards spam from the end of
my address to email me... help take a bite out of spam
----------------------------------------------------
BARKEEP!! Don't stop sending rounds to this table until i've finished
my amazing tale! even if we're intoxicated beyond repair, Keep dispensing
shots and beers until i've spun my yarn!
-the Lizard
------------------------------------------------------

Da CheMiCaL BuDDha

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
i dunno ... depending on the fashion/subculture of the area he's in
it's possible that glitter has developed into a 'signal' that says
'i'm gay' ... remember the thing in the early to mid 80's where if a
man had (i think it was) his left ear pierced it was a sign that he
was gay (what better way to balance out 1) being able to meet other
gay men outside of a 'gay bar' versus 2) a very real bigotry and
endangerment of physical health that exists in the states against
homo's ... a 'secret' signal? i think it's a bright idea)

anyways stereotyping does not necassarily equal dislike or phobia
no negative opinions were expressed by cyber toast ... he simply
mentioned a qualifier that marks a gay man in his opinion ... i
wouldn't worry about that too much

the problem that i see is ... pretty soon the 'secret marker' becomes
fashion and it dosen't serve as an identifier anymore ... perhaps (the
original guy) is on the cutting edge of that transition from marker to
fashion

or perhaps i'm full of shit ... either way it's alright by me :)

On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:30:27 -0500, CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote:

>PARDON ME? My comment might have been slightly stereotypical I am not denying
>that. But, am I not entitled to my opinion? It seems to me like many people
>agreed that one could assume a guy wearing glitter to be gay/bi.. And if you
>read my post I said "most likely" This means that they don't HAVE to be gay/bi
>just because they were wearing glitter! You don't need to lash out at me
>because of the nature of Anthrow's post.. And I resent being called a
>homophob.. I would like to think of myself as a pretty open-minded
>individual.. Personally, I could give two shits if you want to wear glitter or
>about you sexuality.. To each his own.. You just came off to me like a real
>jerk!
>pe@ce
>
> -Ryan
>
>Maelstrome wrote:
>
>> another stereotypical homophob on the loose...
>>

>> CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message

>> news:368FB6B5...@tir.com...
>> >True that$@%#@%^ Glitter is for females.... And it looks quite nice on
>> them I must
>> >say =) Guys wearing glitter (in my mind) are most likely gay.. thats just
>> my $0.02
>> >tho..
>> >pe@ce
>> >
>> > -Ryan
>> >

--

Da CheMiCaL BuDDha

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 17:08:02 -0500, CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote:
>
> And I still think that glitter is for females.. but I wouldn't care
>if I saw a male wearing it.. I just choose not to wear it myself..

i think that the next time you're partying hard you should throw on
some glitter and enjoy the sparkles ... they're really fun to watch
specially under a good light show ... if you've got an alright body
it'll be fun to watch them on you too ... what better way to catch the
eye of a possible new sweetie than to stand out a bit as a guy who's
into having fun? we all know that raver chicks are some of the
hottest and sweetest girls around, totally approachable and totally
adventurous <drool>

Bundy King

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
Da CheMiCaL BuDDha (ache...@chat.carleton.ca.maps) wrote:

> or perhaps i'm full of shit ... either way it's alright by me :)

I've been known to wear glitter...often in fact.... but I dont
think anyone has ever mistaken me for being gay....at least no one has
ever mentioned it to me.....
I *CAN* wear glitter, and get away with it.... Ugly Lizard told me
I could ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bundy King | And you can tell everybody, this is your song
History III | It maybe quite simple but now that its done
(take two) | I hope you dont mind
bk...@chat.carleton.ca | I hope you dont mind, that I put down in words
bu...@bombshelter.ca | How wonderful life is while you're in the world
pooh...@maenad.ml.org | -- E. John --
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bundy King

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
Athrow (ath...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> never look back upon it. raves are not about glitter, they are about
> dancing...

I was wondering about this.... I never felt that Raves were solely
about dancing.... I agree thats the majority I'm sure but still.

I dont dance much...I do like to get in the groove, and I *LOVE*
the music, wether I'm rushing or not its all about the mood and spirit.

Dancing or not, with or without glitter.... its all in the
attitude...

monte...@hotmail.com

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
In article <76o5g4$bbs$1...@frogger.connectexpress.net>,
".oOo.groovinkim.oOo." <groov...@connectexpress.com> wrote:
> when i go to a party, i don't care if the person next
> to me is wearing glitter, an afro, tight pants, big pants,
> no pants, a dress, body paint, suits and ties, khaki pants,
> a uniform, whatever. i don't care if they are gay, straight,
> bi, transsexual, hemaphrodite. i don't care if they are
> young, old, black, white, hispanic, native american, asian,
> etc.

Great response, Kim. I agree with ya full. BUT NO PANTS??? Heehee come on
now, if someone was shakin' thier booty right next to ya, you can't tell me
that it wouldn't get some sort of reaction. Even something like sayin "Nice
shirt" =Þ

*HUGZ*
pat

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
Actually, you kinda made throwin some glitter on sound tempting =) <drool>
pe@ce

-Ryan

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to
Thank you! Finally someone who can corectly interpret my post =)
pe@ce

-Ryan

Da CheMiCaL BuDDha wrote:

> i dunno ... depending on the fashion/subculture of the area he's in
> it's possible that glitter has developed into a 'signal' that says
> 'i'm gay' ... remember the thing in the early to mid 80's where if a
> man had (i think it was) his left ear pierced it was a sign that he
> was gay (what better way to balance out 1) being able to meet other
> gay men outside of a 'gay bar' versus 2) a very real bigotry and
> endangerment of physical health that exists in the states against
> homo's ... a 'secret' signal? i think it's a bright idea)
>
> anyways stereotyping does not necassarily equal dislike or phobia
> no negative opinions were expressed by cyber toast ... he simply
> mentioned a qualifier that marks a gay man in his opinion ... i
> wouldn't worry about that too much
>
> the problem that i see is ... pretty soon the 'secret marker' becomes
> fashion and it dosen't serve as an identifier anymore ... perhaps (the
> original guy) is on the cutting edge of that transition from marker to
> fashion
>

Athrow

unread,
Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
to
i think the more open minded you are the more likely you are to get fucked
over... i'm not saying this to be an asshole but if everybody just accepts
everything without thinking about it you'll be down shit's creek before you
know it. Ass for mr. i wana call people homophobes, piss off. he has the
right to say what ever he wants... he never called any body anything, but you
have turned around to spread hate. I won't tell you whether i like or hate
gays now because i don't think it's ANY of YOUR business. So call me a
homophobic to if you like you may be right or wrong. i'm not gona say.

Athrow
-standing up for his right to keep his mouth shut-

".oOo.groovinkim.oOo." wrote:

> CyberToast wrote in message <36913BC2...@tir.com>...

> >There is nothing wrong with assupmtion.. as long as you don't offend
> someone due to something you assume. If I was bi/gay would it be wrong of
> me to assume that someone else was bi/gay? It doesn't hurt to assume..

Athrow

unread,
Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
to
no you are jumpy... what did toast say? please tell me... inform me as to how
he's a homophobe.... all he said is that glitters for girls. In his mind it
is... who cares? It's glitter... nothing more. He could have said dresses are
for girls and you still would have jumped on him. Some of you people try to
hard to appease society... fuck.

Athrow

Maelstrome wrote:

> you are correct I am an asshole... but only on occasion...
>

> CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message

> news:36913BC2...@tir.com...


> >There is nothing wrong with assupmtion.. as long as you don't offend
> someone due
> >to something you assume. If I was bi/gay would it be wrong of me to assume
> that

> >someone else was bi/gay? It doesn't hurt to assume.. Just because you
> hold an
> >opinion (assumption.. I might even say guess) Doesn't mean you are an ASS!
> You
> >would be an ass not to assume things.. As a matter of fact, without
> assumption
> >I think I would get myself into some sticky situations.. And IF I assumed
> >someone wearing glitter to be bi/gay would it be a bad thing? It COULD be
> a bad
> >thing if I used that assumption in the wrong way.. Other than that it
> makes no
> >difference.. I wouldn't treat you differently if you were straight/bi/gay
> or

> >otherwise.. And I still think that glitter is for females.. but I wouldn't
> care

Dave Donkervoort

unread,
Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
to
these are mine words too........
Do what you wanna do , if you wanna wear glitter,do it : i do it too.
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:17:19 -0000, ".oOo.groovinkim.oOo."
<groov...@connectexpress.com> wrote:

>when i go to a party, i don't care if the person next
>to me is wearing glitter, an afro, tight pants, big pants,
>no pants, a dress, body paint, suits and ties, khaki pants,
>a uniform, whatever. i don't care if they are gay, straight,
>bi, transsexual, hemaphrodite. i don't care if they are
>young, old, black, white, hispanic, native american, asian,
>etc.
>

>anyone who gives a shit about things like that needs
>to open their ears and listen to the *music*. that is what
>brings us together. it is not a fashion show. it is not a
>status contest. it is not a place to be judging others on
>superficial things that have no bearing on who they are
>as a person.
>
>dance, dammit.
>
>:)
>
>kim
>
>"you see, we didn't care about the social scene. it
>didn't matter what you were wearing or who you were
>friends with or what you knew or what you didn't know.
>i don't really understand what's going on now, but in
>those days, we used to dance." - dubtribe
>
>p.s. glitter doesn't have anything to do with your
>sexual preference. whoever said that has got
>some mental hang-ups and probably some sexuality
>issues of their own.

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
to
Finally some common sense =) Maelstrome just likes starting fights I think.. He
is the one who was making assumptions.. And if you are too open minded you COULD
get yourself in trouble..
pe@ce

-Ryan

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
to
who cares about society? certianly not I. I'm a humanist first anf
foremost... I'll deal with society after I take care of myself first...

Athrow <ath...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3693B539...@hotmail.com...

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
to
I just like being myself dude... and there isn't anything I like more thana
little debate... but personally I think that the more openminded you are the
less suceptable to shock you are you can almost blend into any situation and
you are prepared for everything...

CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message

news:36940E9C...@tir.com...

tib...@home.com

unread,
Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
to
If I'm not mistaken, a humanist is someone concerned with the well-being
of other fellow humans (i.e. SOCIETY). The way you describe yourself,
you sound more like a self-centered bastard, I'd even call you shallow,
but you're not even that deep.

3am eternal,
Christy

Maelstrome wrote:
>
> who cares about society? certianly not I. I'm a humanist first anf
> foremost... I'll deal with society after I take care of myself first...
>
> Athrow <ath...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3693B539...@hotmail.com...
> >no you are jumpy... what did toast say? please tell me... inform me as to
> how
> >he's a homophobe.... all he said is that glitters for girls. In his mind
> it
> >is... who cares? It's glitter... nothing more. He could have said
> dresses are
> >for girls and you still would have jumped on him. Some of you people try
> to
> >hard to appease society... fuck.
> >
> >Athrow
> >
> >Maelstrome wrote:
> >
> >> you are correct I am an asshole... but only on occasion...
> >>

> >> CyberToast <cto...@tir.com> wrote in message

Maelstrome

unread,
Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
to
actually I'm very deep... you have to really know me...humanist has many
definitions... a humanitarian is probably what you are thinking of... the
only reason you think I'm a self-centered bastard is because I present to
look after myself before all others... the way I see it fuck everyone
else... until a person has earned my utmost trust I won't stick my neck out
for anyone... and in this day and age you cannot trust anyone
anymore...trust has to be earned... it's not automatically given like so
many people stupidly do only to find out that they just had the large end of
the baseball bat shoved up their ass... if you can't look after yourself how
do you expect to look after others? which is why I come first...


<tib...@home.com> wrote in message news:36948313...@home.com...

Message has been deleted

.oOo.groovinkim.oOo.

unread,
Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
to

Athrow wrote in message <3693B4AB...@hotmail.com>...

>i think the more open minded you are the more likely you are to get fucked
>over...

i completely disagree. :)

>i'm not saying this to be an asshole but if everybody just accepts
>everything without thinking about it you'll be down shit's creek before you
>know it.

being open-minded does not equal "accepting everything without
thinking about it." they are in no way related.

> Ass for mr. i wana call people homophobes, piss off. he has the
>right to say what ever he wants...

of course he does.

>he never called any body anything

i never said he did

> but you have turned around to spread hate.

me? how?

> I won't tell you whether i like or hate gays now because i don't
think it's ANY of YOUR business.

that's fine, i didn't ask.

kim

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
to

Maelstrome wrote:

> I just like being myself dude... and there isn't anything I like more thana
> little debate... but personally I think that the more openminded you are the
> less suceptable to shock you are you can almost blend into any situation and
> you are prepared for everything...

Well.. I will agree with you on that point =) You just ASSUMED I was a homophob
=) That was the problem.. heheheh
Anywayz.. Pe@ce

-Ryan


Athrow

unread,
Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
to
>
> > Ass for mr. i wana call people homophobes, piss off. he has the
> >right to say what ever he wants...
>
> of course he does.
>
> >he never called any body anything
>
> i never said he did
>
> > but you have turned around to spread hate.
>
> me? how?
>

KIM! don't worry your not Mr. i wana call people a homophobe ;-)
Maelstrome is the ass hole ;-)

Athrow
-smile-


lucas l mcgregor

unread,
Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
to

Oh my sweet raver kidz,
we have been TRICKED! This is such a classic troll!

Some person has jumped on to natoriuously accepting group and said
something that many of us would probably take offense to (i.e. "Glitter is
for girls.") and has sat back while we all chew up our bandwidth and time
with all the craziness that came from such a silly statement.

Seriously, we have gone from someone's fashion opinions to a
debate on our acceptance of homosexulaity. I mean that is great that so
many people jumped out and said that we can't trap people in gender roles,
and that simple things like dictating dress codes is just another layer of
social opression. It is GREAT that so many people jumped out to support
our gay/bi/straight/trans/etc sisters, and brothers, and other family
membrs :-)
But let us not get ugly about it. BTW, I think KIM ROCKS!!! I
think all you ravers rock! I wear my glitter and have never gotten shit
for it. I have come as everything from a tinfoil robot, adidas b-boy, to a
glow in the dark fairy with wings. I never get anything but compliments. I
know that there can be mean people. But I don't see how an open mind can
ever bring anything but more oppertunities.
Let's not get bogged down in this troll. Remember our commitment
to PLUR! Remember that the R means respect for everyone--even those that
we disagree with :-)

I love you all,
Lucas the Luvbug!

IiI Dreame

unread,
Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
to
hee hee....well put...very well put! =D

**Nikki**

CyberToast

unread,
Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
to
Well.. I think you are a moron.. Thats all I wanted to say.. Although I
won't discount a few points that you made.. The whole basis of your post was
moronic..

-Ryan


Bijan

unread,
Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
to

damn, i went on a week trip, and i come back, and the thread is still going!

-bijan

^Å^******************** † ^v^ † ********************^Å^

Bijan Kazem, - bi...@dial.pipex.com
Los Angeles, Calififornia - ICQ UIN #3637704

Gothic to Raver - http://www.1coolplace.com

^Å^*************************************************^Å^

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages