"Get Down" - Ocelot verse

1 view

Tlalocelotl Tlatoani

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
Don't you hate it when you get a rhyme stuck in your head that bugs with
you till you put it into print?

I duck, bob, and weave, grab you buy your sleeve
I beat you with a quickness that you just would not believe
I'm faster than you're girlfriend on a Saturday night
Making all the lonely boys say man that isht is tight
I pounce on the spot like the cat I took my name
Bounce make it hot just like that I shook the frame
How can I maintain? How should I explain?
My soul takes control and I rise like a plane
Liftin' off the ground, rhymin' on the sound
No dissin' or dismissin' just just breakin' isht down
You say I can't rhyme from the color of my skin
I'd say that I'm latino, but then come again
If white is wack and whites can't get down
Why is your color that weaker shade of brown
Are you really that pure? Are you really that sure?
You're just another racist racially insecure
And for you raceless people I got love for ya
I'm a mix of spaniard, and native warrior
I'm a mix of Aztec kings and celtic pride
But there's nothing but positive unity felt inside
So when I pounce the spot there's no need to hide
I shove stereotypes aside, when I
Get down

Contents copyright 1999 Brandon K. Montoya all rights reserved