OVERRATED MC'S.

Sae Kim

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

1. Jeru The Amatuer
2. Method Man
3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
4. Guru (WACK)
5. Casual (No Skills)
6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)
8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
9. MC Lyte
10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)

SAE!

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
: 1. Jeru The Amatuer
: 2. Method Man
The tightest flow in hip-hop and the Tical-ian Stallion?!? You must be:

a) From suburban L.A. and listen to Ice-T because, "Like oh-my-gawsh! He's
just so rebellious and hardcore! Just listen to him talk about sex,
drugs and guns! He 'keeps it real'!"
b) Rating mic skillz purely based on Top-40 Radio airplay
c) Equating silicone hoes and fly cars in a video="good MC"
d) One of those morons who liked that can't-write-my-own-lyrics or
stay-on-beat talentless parasite SlEazy-E
E> ***MY VOTE***--All of the above

: 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)

: 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)

Maybe you should stop sucking unoriginal, pre-packaged, brand-name,
factory MC's dicks and come up for some air, BECAUSE YOUR BRAIN NEEDS SOME
OXYGEN! Freestyle Fellowship is as pure as rap gets--some MC's catching
wreck and inventing new, original styles. Sorry if they are more concerned
with the quality, intelligence and depth of their lyrics than shouting
"Keep it real!" or "Bitch suck my dick!" or "I'ma put my Glock up yo bitch
ass!" as many times as possible.

And what do you mean by "just wait until Outkast come out"? They
have been out for some time now. Goodie is the same music as Outkast, with
four MC's who bring as much talent and more variety to the table.

: 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
Once again, is it at all possible for a group to be innovative instead of
the same old tired topics rehashed ad nauseum without your labelling them
"overrated". Maybe overrated to some alternative-hippie types who barely
listen to any hip-hop other than Beasties and Arrested Development. But in
a world where Bone Thugs outsell De La Soul, I think it's unfair to call
the Roots overrated.

: 4. Guru (WACK)
: 5. Casual (No Skills)
These are a matter of opinion, like KRS-1, but after the previous garbage,
I'm not sure I can respect yours. (Incidentally, I'm not a huge fan of
either.)

: 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST

: WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
: 9. MC Lyte
: 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)
: SAE!

All three suck, no argument there. But I thought this was most "overrated
MC's"? For these "MC's" to be overrated, woldn't there have to be someone
claiming they do in fact have skillz?

Joe.

Super-Assassin Daihatsu

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

the roots. are you insane the new single is sick
as for casual, i don't think you've done your homework. have you ever even
heard fear itself? "loose in the end?" are you aware of the casual/saafir
freestyle battle?!

"every man has his techniques
and they are all different XjasonXdexterXgrahamX
but when you know mine
you'll be dead."

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Sae Kim wrote:

> 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> 2. Method Man

> 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)

> 4. Guru (WACK)
> 5. Casual (No Skills)

> 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
> 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)

Sae Kim

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

You fucking idiot, how fucking stupid are you stupid ass, you fucking
accuse me of liking only top 40 music then defend Method Man the fucking
PLATUM motherfucker, then you go saying some stupid shit about matter of
taste after you write this fucking bullshit dissing me for having an
opinion on artists. GET THE FUCK OUT MY FACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
anyone who think goodie mobb and outkast are the same thing is a fucking
idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU AND DON'T EVER REPLY TO ANYTHING I POST AGAIN!!!!!

On 24 Aug 1996, Joseph S Grossberg wrote:

> Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
> : 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> : 2. Method Man

> The tightest flow in hip-hop and the Tical-ian Stallion?!? You must be:
>
> a) From suburban L.A. and listen to Ice-T because, "Like oh-my-gawsh! He's
> just so rebellious and hardcore! Just listen to him talk about sex,
> drugs and guns! He 'keeps it real'!"
> b) Rating mic skillz purely based on Top-40 Radio airplay
> c) Equating silicone hoes and fly cars in a video="good MC"
> d) One of those morons who liked that can't-write-my-own-lyrics or
> stay-on-beat talentless parasite SlEazy-E
> E> ***MY VOTE***--All of the above
>

> : 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)

> : 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)

> Maybe you should stop sucking unoriginal, pre-packaged, brand-name,
> factory MC's dicks and come up for some air, BECAUSE YOUR BRAIN NEEDS SOME
> OXYGEN! Freestyle Fellowship is as pure as rap gets--some MC's catching
> wreck and inventing new, original styles. Sorry if they are more concerned
> with the quality, intelligence and depth of their lyrics than shouting
> "Keep it real!" or "Bitch suck my dick!" or "I'ma put my Glock up yo bitch
> ass!" as many times as possible.
>
> And what do you mean by "just wait until Outkast come out"? They
> have been out for some time now. Goodie is the same music as Outkast, with
> four MC's who bring as much talent and more variety to the table.
>
> : 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
> Once again, is it at all possible for a group to be innovative instead of
> the same old tired topics rehashed ad nauseum without your labelling them
> "overrated". Maybe overrated to some alternative-hippie types who barely
> listen to any hip-hop other than Beasties and Arrested Development. But in
> a world where Bone Thugs outsell De La Soul, I think it's unfair to call
> the Roots overrated.
>

> : 4. Guru (WACK)
> : 5. Casual (No Skills)

> These are a matter of opinion, like KRS-1, but after the previous garbage,
> I'm not sure I can respect yours. (Incidentally, I'm not a huge fan of
> either.)
>

> : 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST

> : WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
> : 9. MC Lyte
> : 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)
> : SAE!

Taji Abdur-Raheeem

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

You need to take Roots, Goodie Mobb, and Meth off the list kid.

Chris G

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

Sae Kim wrote:

> 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> 2. Method Man
> 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
> 4. Guru (WACK)
> 5. Casual (No Skills)
> 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
> 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)
> 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
> WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
> 9. MC Lyte
> 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)
>
> SAE!

I agree with a couple of these, but... I guess someone who thinks MOBB
DEEP IS THE BEST RAP GROUP IN THE FUCKING WORLD!!!! couldn't understand
intelligent lyricists like Casual and FF.

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

I don't even know if this "Sae" is a guy or girl, but (s)he is a BITCH
regardless ...

Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
: You fucking idiot, how fucking stupid are you stupid ass, you fucking

: accuse me of liking only top 40 music then defend Method Man the fucking
: PLATUM motherfucker,

Give me a break ... Johnny Blaze is Top 40 because he earned the shit.
Paid his dues and started off from the bottom up. The "Protect Ya
Neck"/"M-E-T-H-O-D Man" single was printed on black and white cardboard
with awful sound quality. The man earned his credibility from the street:
word of mouth and dj's, then radio. Method Man is a "Platinum" artist
because he is talented, fresh and original, NOT because he was a
pre-packaged cute mistrel prancing around wearing "hip-hop" fashion and
driving rental cars.

Method gave two of my boys a ride in his Jeep back to NJ and didn't even
know the motherfuckers ... just willing to chill with some fans. Try and
even get an autograph from those Death Row artists you so worship--that
is, if you can get past their bitch-ass bodyguards.

: then you go saying some stupid shit about matter of

: taste after you write this fucking bullshit dissing me for having an
: opinion on artists.

What I'm saying is that some rappers (e.g. Guru, KRS-1) I can understand
disliking as a matter of finding their voice annoying, for example.
However, there is no way any credible hip hop fan can say Black Thought
(Roots) "is not a skilled MC", Jeru's "lyrics are not good at all" and
then dis Freestyle Fellowship (minus Acey). Sorry if Jeru rhymes against
guns (what "Come Clean" is all about if you would take the time to listen)
instead of glorifying them and wears normal clothes instead of pretty
little Hilfiger shit that few "street" brothas can afford.

: GET THE FUCK OUT MY FACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
I wouldn't go calling names like that, trick-ass, because I don't think
anyone in this newsgroup lends you an ounce of credibility, while the
others who respond to your moronic posts seem to agree with me.

: anyone who think goodie mobb and outkast are the same thing is a fucking
: idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, they're not the same thing. Their MUSIC (i.e. production) is done by
the exact same producers. The two groups came up together in ATL (if you
were such an Outkast fan I wouldn't have to tell you all of this) and are
featured on each others' albums. Obviously every note and every lyric
isn't the same on their records(!!!). However, there is a lot of overlap
insofar as their content and production.

: FUCK YOU AND DON'T EVER REPLY TO ANYTHING I POST AGAIN!!!!!
Stop posting stupid shit and I won't have to, you little bitch. Why don't
you go listen to your Snoop Dogg in your pretty little house a thousand
miles from any MC ... unless the Dream Warriors or Maestro Fresh Wes
are on tour. Newfoundland?!? No wonder--you probably started listening to
hip-hop because the grunge motherfuckas at your high school listened to
wasn't rebellious eough to make your parents mad.

I just don't understand why you keep asking for trouble by posting all
this garbage. How about asking people on these newsgroups for their
recommendations or *asking* why Method Man is so popular both inside and
outside the "hip-hop community" instead of flat out dissing him.

Joe.

Mike Knight

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:

: 1. Jeru The Amatuer
: 2. Method Man
: 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
: 4. Guru (WACK)
: 5. Casual (No Skills)
: 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
: 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)
: 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
: WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
: 9. MC Lyte
: 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)

: SAE!

You need to take Roots and Casual off that list son. Roots are dope.

--
peace ...

Mike Knight - aka " Mic "
New York Knicks are #1
Mike Tyson is #1
There ain't nothing like Hip-Hop music

Malik

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Sae Kim wrote:

> 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> 2. Method Man
> 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
> 4. Guru (WACK)
> 5. Casual (No Skills)
> 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
> 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)
> 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
> WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
> 9. MC Lyte
> 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)
>
> SAE!

you left off the 2 wackest artists out now
Nas and Lost Boyz....

Prolific

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

On 25 Aug 1996, Mike Knight wrote:

> Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
>
> : 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
You still can't seem to get it right. I bet u like Bone Thugz N Harmony.
People always dis the pioneers tho and go for those with the "Clone
Syndrome"(c/o Cold 187um).

"Dun ah dun ah just don't fuckin appeal 2 me" (Chino)

Peace,
Pro...

*GCGC*

++ "The biz can bring u down, but the music is always there 4 u."
-Michael B. Nelson
|pa...@ra.msstate.edu <Prolific> |
|Mississippi State University <http://www2.msstate.edu/~pan1>|
|____________________________________________________________|
++

Benjamin Gottlieb

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In <Pine.OSF.3.91.960823...@plato.ucs.mun.ca> Sae Kim

<sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> writes:

>1. Jeru The Amatuer
>2. Method Man
>3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
>)
>7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME
OUT!!)

Not to flame you or anything, but I think for someone who has more
enemies than friends, you should keep your mouth shut before you flame
rappers than have proven skills on the mic. Be prepared to be flamed
up the asshole.

Barry B-Real Gottlieb
>SAE!

Rob Patel

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Sae Kim wrote:

> You fucking idiot, how fucking stupid are you stupid ass, you fucking
> accuse me of liking only top 40 music then defend Method Man the fucking
> PLATUM motherfucker, then you go saying some stupid shit about matter of

> taste after you write this fucking bullshit dissing me for having an
> opinion on artists.

You dissed Meth??????? just cause his album sold? Man are you stupid. But
then, you are from Newfoundland.

> GET THE FUCK OUT MY FACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT

> anyone who think goodie mobb and outkast are the same thing is a fucking
> idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you dis Goodie Mob and turn around and give props to Outkast?
Especially when Outkast gives props to Goodie. Thats just STUPID... but
then.. you are from... ahh fuck it.. too easy..

> FUCK YOU AND DON'T EVER REPLY TO ANYTHING I POST AGAIN!!!!!

If you don't want people replying to your BULLSHIT (cause thats what it
is).. DON'T FUCKIN WRITE TO A GOD DAMN NEWSGROUP YOU IDIOT!!

milh...@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.960823...@plato.ucs.mun.ca>, Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> writes:
> 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> 2. Method Man
> 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
> 4. Guru (WACK)
> 5. Casual (No Skills)
> 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
> 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)
> 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
> WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)

I like Queen Latifah. She has been around for a long time, and she CAN rap.
Her acting could be better, but it's not that bad.

Christina Hsu

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

well, well, more opinions

>1. Jeru The Amatuer
I kinda like Jeru, especially his new joint
>2. Method Man
yes indeed overrated, but not wack by any means

>3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)

I like these kids too
>4. Guru (WACK)
I don't think he's wack, but over-rated yes
>5. Casual (No Skills)
I couldn't agree more, i could never figure out why people were on
his nuts at all, especially when heiros do got kids with mad flows...

>6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them
losers)
>7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME
OUT!!)

I gotta agree, and their from my home turf...so I hate to say it.

>8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
> WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)

Image, she used to have some shit though..."Wrath of my Madness"
>9. MC Lyte
yes, her new shit is crazy corny, but she too once had some skillz

>10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)

Again, I have to whole-heartedly agree about this hometown kid too
he's one of the best copycat producers in the business though...
>SAE!
Keep on SAE!
I love an honest opinion
Martay, the Hip-Hop Wiz

check for:

Reign of Terror "No One is Safe" LP ROTc Records

Shamus "Big Willie Style/Try 2C Loot" Bahari Records

Martay "GrounView" EP ROTc Records

don't sleep.....

Sae Kim

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

You must be the single most stupidest person I've ever encountered in
Internet.
A lot of people dis me and I usually laugh them off but this one here,
the stupidity of this guy just gets to me.

On 25 Aug 1996, Joseph S Grossberg wrote:

> Give me a break ... Johnny Blaze is Top 40 because he earned the shit.
> Paid his dues and started off from the bottom up. The "Protect Ya
> Neck"/"M-E-T-H-O-D Man" single was printed on black and white cardboard
> with awful sound quality. The man earned his credibility from the street:
> word of mouth and dj's, then radio. Method Man is a "Platinum" artist
> because he is talented, fresh and original, NOT because he was a
> pre-packaged cute mistrel prancing around wearing "hip-hop" fashion and
> driving rental cars.

You realize that not anyone can become top 40 and it's safe to say that
almost every top 40 artist did it by "earning the shit." Bone Thugs paid
their dues doing bullshit underground albums in Cleveland. Nas paid his
dues doing bullshit
guests and shit record contracts and even with his first album. Dr Dre
paid his dues by being in the music industry since 1992. Almost every
fucking recording aritist on this planet started off with a demo tape
with "awful sound quality" and "black and white printing" and by first
getting credibilty from the street. You are this stupid, you believe
that anyone can become a pop star if they do a certain thing or wear
ceratin clothes or drive certain cars. If I knew I
can make a million dollars by just doin what you said, I would have done
it long ago. That's just it, it's impossible. First you make an album
that appels to the masses, have a record label that helps out, then you
come up with that hit record, but mostly it's luck on whether the public
will accept you. Your idea that it's alright to like top-40 artist only
if they earned it is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

> Method gave two of my boys a ride in his Jeep back to NJ and didn't even
> know the motherfuckers ... just willing to chill with some fans. Try and
> even get an autograph from those Death Row artists you so worship--that
> is, if you can get past their bitch-ass bodyguards.

Your "boys" little fucking male groupies trying to get rides from their
little hero. Why the fuck would I want anyone's autograph. Recording
artists make music to sell and if I like it I buy it, that's the end of that.
I've given rides to people does that make me a great guy? All them
people that pick up hitchhikers, they're gonna be great top forty artists
now huh. The only thing you proved here is that your little "boys" are
little hoes.

> : then you go saying some stupid shit about matter of

> : taste after you write this fucking bullshit dissing me for having an
> : opinion on artists.

> What I'm saying is that some rappers (e.g. Guru, KRS-1) I can understand
> disliking as a matter of finding their voice annoying, for example.
> However, there is no way any credible hip hop fan can say Black Thought
> (Roots) "is not a skilled MC", Jeru's "lyrics are not good at all" and
> then dis Freestyle Fellowship (minus Acey). Sorry if Jeru rhymes against
> guns (what "Come Clean" is all about if you would take the time to listen)
> instead of glorifying them and wears normal clothes instead of pretty
> little Hilfiger shit that few "street" brothas can afford.

Oh Christ this is the stupidest shit I've ever heard in my life. It's
alright to have an opinion on certain artists but it's not alright to
have an opinion on other artists? Are you this stupid or are you just
trying to impress your internet heads.

> : GET THE FUCK OUT MY FACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
> I wouldn't go calling names like that, trick-ass, because I don't think
> anyone in this newsgroup lends you an ounce of credibility, while the
> others who respond to your moronic posts seem to agree with me.

It's not alright to call people names and then you call me a "trick ass?"
STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID STUPID

> : anyone who think goodie mobb and outkast are the same thing is a fucking
> : idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> No, they're not the same thing. Their MUSIC (i.e. production) is done by
> the exact same producers. The two groups came up together in ATL (if you
> were such an Outkast fan I wouldn't have to tell you all of this) and are
> featured on each others' albums. Obviously every note and every lyric
> isn't the same on their records(!!!). However, there is a lot of overlap
> insofar as their content and production.

STUPID!!!!!! YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!
Organized Noize's work on OutKasts's first album and their work on Goodie
Mob's album is completely different. Now you're saying that just because
one artist is friends with another you have to like them?? OH MY GOD
THIS GUY IS SO FUCKING STUPID!!!! I HATE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, let's take an internet loser example. Internet Loser's favourite
MC is Ras Kass, Internet Loser's most hated MC is probably Coolio. Ras Kass
appeared on Coolio's album. Coolio is Ras Kass's mangaer and appeared
on Ras Kass's Miami Life video. According to you, everybody on Internet
that is on Ras Kass nuts now has to be a Coolio fan.

OutKast and Goodie MoB are completely different artists. Organized
Noize knew this and that is why the two's albums sounds completely different.
Another example of your stupidity is this, you think the two's albums are
the same cause they had the "exact same prodcuers". So your'e saying
that a producer has one sound and just one sound that they use for
everyone? Are you saying that Dirty SOuth sounds like Players Ball? Are
you saying that Southern Playalistic sounds like Cell Therapy? Knowing
your level of stupidity, I'd say you do.

> : FUCK YOU AND DON'T EVER REPLY TO ANYTHING I POST AGAIN!!!!!
> Stop posting stupid shit and I won't have to, you little bitch. Why don't
> you go listen to your Snoop Dogg in your pretty little house a thousand
> miles from any MC ... unless the Dream Warriors or Maestro Fresh Wes
> are on tour. Newfoundland?!? No wonder--you probably started listening to
> hip-hop because the grunge motherfuckas at your high school listened to
> wasn't rebellious eough to make your parents mad.
>
> I just don't understand why you keep asking for trouble by posting all
> this garbage. How about asking people on these newsgroups for their
> recommendations or *asking* why Method Man is so popular both inside and
> outside the "hip-hop community" instead of flat out dissing him.
>
> Joe.

Usually when I post I am not that serious and people should take what i
say more humourously than anything else. But in this post I am very
serious when i say that "Joe" is the THE STUPIDEST HUMAN I'VE EVER
ENCOUNTERED ON INERNET.

Let's re-cap his stupidity.

Method Man is not included with other top 40 artists because he 1)
"earned the shit," and 2) started off with bad quality songs. 3) doen'st
have cars or "pretty hilfiger in his video"

Reality: almost every top 40 artist earned their possition, getting a hit
record is not as easy as putting cars in your video, and almost every
artist on the planet started off with bad quality demo tapes.Method
Man wore Tommy Hilfiger on All I Need Video

Using the example of Goodie Mob and Outkast. If you are a fan of
OutKast, you must be a fan of Goodie Mob. This must be done because
Goodie Mob and OutKast are friends and they have the same producer.

A producer has one sound for every aritist he works with and if you like
one artist that producer has worked with, you must like every artist that
producer works with in the future.

Method Man has given rides to Joe's friends while Death Row has not.
Method Man is therefore in every way superior to Death Row.

It is alright to have opinions on certain artist. But there are certain
artists you cannot have an opinion on. For instance, if you do not like
Guru you are permitted to say so, but if you don't like the Roots, you
must lie and say that you do indeed like them even if you don't.

THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THE GREAT "JOE"

I will never reply to anything Joe writes again. Joe does not exist to
me anymore, his stupidity is just fucking up my head right now by
thinking that he does not exist.

HEY! HOW COME EVERYON ON HERE IS SO SMART? I WISH THERE WERE SOME
STUPID PEOPLE ON HERE TOO! DAMN! I WISH THERE WAS A STUPID PERSON NAMED
"JOE" ON HERE TO PISS ME OFF. DAMN THEN MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE!

BYE!

SAE!

Sae Kim

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

I meant down there that dre's been in the music industry since 1982 not
1992, although I may be wrong on that one, but then joe doesn't exist so
it don't matter

SAE!!

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Dear Sae,

I think some of that Newfoundland ganja you smoke must have killed that
last brain cell of yours. Either that or you're in too much of a hurry to
actually read what I wrote. Give it a try ...

I'm going to save everyone time and only respond to your "summary".

: Usually when I post I am not that serious and people should take what i

: say more humourously than anything else.

Then, why bother to post and waste everyone's time and bandwidth?
Rec.Music.Hip-Hop is a forum for discussing hip-hop music, not making a
joke out of it.

: Let's re-cap his stupidity.
Let's.

: Method Man is not included with other top 40 artists because he 1)

: "earned the shit," and 2) started off with bad quality songs. 3) doen'st
: have cars or "pretty hilfiger in his video"

No, that's distinctly *not* what I said.

1) Method Man is not someone like, say, Da Brat who was basically just
given a rap career (yes, Jermaine Dupri's juice and $$ could do that for
just about anyone--look at how many albums Kriss Kross sold the first time
around and tell me otherwise), PAID HIS DUES, but it's obvious from your
opinions on rap that you don't understand what that means.

2) Meth NEVER had "bad quality songs"--that's the whole point! The fact
is, he started off with almost zero in the way of resources and still made
a terrific product. Why do you think people give Too $hort respect for the
fact he started by selling tapes out of the trunk of his car? Because it
sounds cute?

3) And you're misquoting me re: the clothing. I didn't say that Meth never
wore any fly gear. I'm saying that he didn't *start off* doing so, and
*therefore*, one cannot credit his success to merely marketing and image.

: Using the example of Goodie Mob and Outkast. If you are a fan of

: OutKast, you must be a fan of Goodie Mob. This must be done because
: Goodie Mob and OutKast are friends and they have the same producer.

No, I did not say that. Obviously not. Gravediggaz and De La Soul are
extraordinarily different, despite Prince Paul producing them both.
However, Goodie MoB and Outkast are similar in the same sense that Snoop's
_Doggystyle_ and Dre's _The_Chronic_. Odds are that if you like one group
so much to sweat them, you'll at the very least respect the other. I just
can't see repeatedly praising one, as you have done with Outkast, and then
putting the other on your "Most Overrated MC's list" and saying "these
guys are wack".

Let me quote Rob Patel who responded to your original post, "How can you

dis Goodie Mob and turn around and give props to Outkast?
Especially when Outkast gives props to Goodie. Thats just STUPID... but

then.. you are from... ahh fuck it.. too easy..". Apparently I'm not the
only one who disagrees with your sentiments. Does that mean you think Rob
and everyone else who hares his opinion "stupid"?

: Method Man has given rides to Joe's friends while Death Row has not.

: Method Man is therefore in every way superior to Death Row.

No, it was just an example showing that Method Man is and always has been
a down-to-earth "real" MC, not some Gangsta-turned-Hollywood-priss. In
this era of commercial rap, it is very refreshing to see an artist who
hasn't sold out his fans.

*Obviously* you wouldn't care about Top-40 artists who do act like
they're above the fans who made them--you like listening to hip-hop from
your cozy little crib hours from the U.S. border, much less any city, and
feeling so bad and hardcore and rebellious without anyone to point out the
hypocrisy in some of your views.

: It is alright to have opinions on certain artist. But there are certain

: artists you cannot have an opinion on. For instance, if you do not like
: Guru you are permitted to say so, but if you don't like the Roots, you
: must lie and say that you do indeed like them even if you don't.

Fine let me rephrase this: You cannot dis Meth, Jeru, Casual, Goodie,
Roots AND Freestyle Fellowship PLUS sweat Bone Thugs without being seen as
a loser who has no idea what they are talking about. Another example: What
would you think of my movie taste if I said the Godfather was wack and
Ernest Saves Christmas was the bomb?

: THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THE GREAT "JOE"
These are the words of the insightful Justin Smith:
">If I see a Wu-Tang ad in PlayGirl magazine it I wouldn't be suprised!!!!
If you are a male, I wouldn't be surprised either."

He's calling you a faggot, in other words. I don't see you calling *him*
stupid (maybe cuz he's right!) ... shit, you'd have to wear your fingers
down to the bone trying to respond to everyone who think's you're a bitch.
And if you are a girl, then what's up with all the Foxxy Brown shit?

: I will never reply to anything Joe writes again. Joe does not exist to

: me anymore, his stupidity is just fucking up my head right now by
: thinking that he does not exist.
: HEY! HOW COME EVERYON ON HERE IS SO SMART? I WISH THERE WERE SOME
: STUPID PEOPLE ON HERE TOO! DAMN! I WISH THERE WAS A STUPID PERSON NAMED
: "JOE" ON HERE TO PISS ME OFF. DAMN THEN MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE!

God damn, you're mature! Glad to see you can have rational discussions
without reverting to some old *fourth grade bullshit* like, "I can't hear
you! Nyah-nyah-nyaaahhhhhh!"

: BYE!
I only wish this was the end of us at r.m.h-h hearing your ignorant babble.

Joe

P.S. You might know your shit relative to herbs out in Newfoundland,
KKKanada, but the people on this newsgroup by-and-large (look at the

Sae Kim

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM RESPODING TO THIS STUPID NON-EXISTANT IDIOT AGAIN!!!!

STUPID YOU FUCKING MAKING ME DO THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 26 Aug 1996, Joseph S Grossberg wrote:

> Dear Sae,
>
> I think some of that Newfoundland ganja you smoke must have killed that
> last brain cell of yours. Either that or you're in too much of a hurry to
> actually read what I wrote. Give it a try ...

Stupidity: tells me to be mature and he says this.

> I'm going to save everyone time and only respond to your "summary".
>
> : Usually when I post I am not that serious and people should take what i
> : say more humourously than anything else.
> Then, why bother to post and waste everyone's time and bandwidth?
> Rec.Music.Hip-Hop is a forum for discussing hip-hop music, not making a
> joke out of it.

Someone as stupid as you shouldn't be talking about discussion: stupidity.

> : Let's re-cap his stupidity.
> Let's.

Okay stupid!

> : Method Man is not included with other top 40 artists because he 1)
> : "earned the shit," and 2) started off with bad quality songs. 3) doen'st
> : have cars or "pretty hilfiger in his video"
> No, that's distinctly *not* what I said.

YES YOU DID STUPID IT'S RIGHT THERE IDIOT!!!!!!
STUPID!!!!!!!!!!=

> 1) Method Man is not someone like, say, Da Brat who was basically just
> given a rap career (yes, Jermaine Dupri's juice and $$ could do that for
> just about anyone--look at how many albums Kriss Kross sold the first time
> around and tell me otherwise), PAID HIS DUES, but it's obvious from your
> opinions on rap that you don't understand what that means.

STUPID!!!!!!!! Jermaine has been in hip hop since he was a fucking
baby. He put out Siilk Times Leather when he was fucking 14!!! THE GUY
USED TO FUCKING TOUR AND PERFORM WITH WHODINI. WHO THE FUCK ISN'T PAYING
DUES YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!! It is JD that sold the records not Da
Brat or Kris Kross. Besides, Kris Kross and Da Brat they didn't fucking
just make an album over night. Okay then let's say that Method Man is
the only fool that "paid his dues." Do that mean that any artist no
matter how dope he may be has to actually suffer before me makes a hit
record? Everyone pays dues but if someone gets lucky and puts out a dope
product and hits at the first try, then I see no reason to see it as
anything wrong. I wonder if So So Def is included in this idiot's list
of UNTOUCHABLE OPINIONS. DO NOT DIS SO SO DEF OR YOU WILL FEEL THE WRATH
OF STUPID JOEY WACK. Besides, even to those who actually don't deserve
to have hit records, like I said almost all artists who are successful,
worked at it, not Every fucking artist.

> 2) Meth NEVER had "bad quality songs"--that's the whole point! The fact
> is, he started off with almost zero in the way of resources and still made
> a terrific product. Why do you think people give Too $hort respect for the
> fact he started by selling tapes out of the trunk of his car? Because it
> sounds cute?

Every song Method Man has put out is bad quality. His skills on the mike
is minimal and his lyrics are straight wack. (I got more glocs and tecks
to you niggas won't even stand next to you...back when i was nothing you
made a brother feel like he was something...WACK) His verse on
Wu-Gambinos ruins the song. He has an awful voice and he is skill-wise
by far the worst in the Wu. Now, about this paying dues bullshit again.
Even if you really think that Method Man is dope, your stupidity makes
you believe that "method man/protec your neck" was his first single ever.
The fucking guy is like twenty something he probably started rhyming
since he was like 12. TRUST ME THE FIST FUCKING SHIT HE EVER RECORDED ON
TAPE WAS WACK. METHOD MAN PAID HIS DUES YES BUT HE ISN'T A FUCKING
EXCEPTION TO ANYONE ELSE YOU FUCKING IDIOT. EVERYONE PAID DUES.

> 3) And you're misquoting me re: the clothing. I didn't say that Meth never
> wore any fly gear. I'm saying that he didn't *start off* doing so, and
> *therefore*, one cannot credit his success to merely marketing and image.

Oh so it's alright to wear nice clothes after you're a hit but not before.
The stupidity level of this guy is just amazing. In the video for CREAM
there are fucking benzes and MP's everywhere. There are fucking bags of
money and Wu Tang logos all over the place. The fact that Method Man was
in a fucking video itself shows that he's using image just like everyone
else. "One" cannot credit Da Brat's success to Jarmaine's Fucking North
Carolina jersey in the Funkdafied video either so what's your fucking point.

> : Using the example of Goodie Mob and Outkast. If you are a fan of
> : OutKast, you must be a fan of Goodie Mob. This must be done because
> : Goodie Mob and OutKast are friends and they have the same producer.
> No, I did not say that. Obviously not. Gravediggaz and De La Soul are
> extraordinarily different, despite Prince Paul producing them both.
> However, Goodie MoB and Outkast are similar in the same sense that Snoop's
> _Doggystyle_ and Dre's _The_Chronic_. Odds are that if you like one group
> so much to sweat them, you'll at the very least respect the other. I just
> can't see repeatedly praising one, as you have done with Outkast, and then
> putting the other on your "Most Overrated MC's list" and saying "these
> guys are wack".

YOU ARE THE MOST STUPIDEST THING ON EARTH. OUTKAST AND GOODIE MOB ARE
TWO FUCKING DIFFERENT THINGS. COMPLETE OPPOSITES. OutKast is more laid
back and more pimp and gangsta feel with a more west coast sound. Their
flows are fast and heiro-like. Goodie Mob, is almost straight
political. The beats on their album don't sound west coast or east
coast, in fact they sould like a southern ROOTS band. Goodie MOb's flows
are hard and simple. They sing and have spoken word pieces in their album.
I LIKE OUTKAST AND I DO NOT LIKE GOODIE MOB, GET IT THROUGH YOUR STUPID HEAD.
THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE.

> Let me quote Rob Patel who responded to your original post, "How can you
> dis Goodie Mob and turn around and give props to Outkast?

Whoever "Rob Patel" is he is one of the 200 people that flamed me on here
and I obviously just ignored or laughed it off either because the flame
seemed reasonable or good enough unlike your flame which was just
full of unbelievable nonesense that even an idiot king like me had to
fuckign reply and put you in your place.

> Especially when Outkast gives props to Goodie. Thats just STUPID... but
> then.. you are from... ahh fuck it.. too easy..". Apparently I'm not the
> only one who disagrees with your sentiments. Does that mean you think Rob
> and everyone else who hares his opinion "stupid"?

Tribe Called Quest gives props to Dj Quik. PE gives props to Sinae O'Conner.
GET REAL YOU FUCKING IDIOT. Your god Method Man gave props to Spice 1,
is Spice one now your favourite MC too? STUPID!! THE STUPIDITY LEVEL OF
THIS GUY IS JUST AMAZING.

> : Method Man has given rides to Joe's friends while Death Row has not.
> : Method Man is therefore in every way superior to Death Row.
> No, it was just an example showing that Method Man is and always has been
> a down-to-earth "real" MC, not some Gangsta-turned-Hollywood-priss. In
> this era of commercial rap, it is very refreshing to see an artist who
> hasn't sold out his fans.

Where the fuck are you living you think that automatically when people
get successful they shut out their fans. You actually belive this bullshit.
It depends on the person. Some people have egos that make them
think they are better than fans and some don't. It depends on the
person. A fucking guy with an ego will look down on his fans even if he
sells 14,000 records in his home town. I seen Snoop giving out
autographs and talking to his fans. I've seen Dre do it. Method Man
respecting his fans, that don't fucking make him a better artist that I
shouldn't put him on my "overrated MC's" list. Besides I don't give a
fuck what they do to their fans. Like I said, they make the music and if
I like I buy. That's the end of it. I DON'T WANT NO FUCKING RIDE IN NO
BULLSHIT METHOD MAN JEEP (unless it's a range rover cause range rovers
are the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

> *Obviously* you wouldn't care about Top-40 artists who do act like
> they're above the fans who made them--you like listening to hip-hop from
> your cozy little crib hours from the U.S. border, much less any city, and
> feeling so bad and hardcore and rebellious without anyone to point out the
> hypocrisy in some of your views.

I've lived and been all over the world. Where ever the great ass place
your home is, it must be great since it's so much better than Newfoundland.
Mister Mature, yeah he disses only for mature things like where people
live and what artists other people like. You are a complete idiot, do
you realize that?

> : It is alright to have opinions on certain artist. But there are certain
> : artists you cannot have an opinion on. For instance, if you do not like
> : Guru you are permitted to say so, but if you don't like the Roots, you
> : must lie and say that you do indeed like them even if you don't.
> Fine let me rephrase this: You cannot dis Meth, Jeru, Casual, Goodie,
> Roots AND Freestyle Fellowship PLUS sweat Bone Thugs without being seen as
> a loser who has no idea what they are talking about. Another example: What
> would you think of my movie taste if I said the Godfather was wack and
> Ernest Saves Christmas was the bomb?

What kind of a complete idiot would say something like this. Fucking KRS-ONE
AceyAlone, Nas, MObb Deep, Heiro, De La, ATCQ, Smif, BCC, Premier and
others are some of my favourite and these are the artists that every
internet head likes. SOrry I dot not like the roots or the goodie mob.
If liking certain artists makes a person a more great hip hop person then
wow I must be great hip hop person on one side. Wait, I don't like the
roots, I'm not a great hip hop person any more!!!!! OH BOY IS LIFE BAD!!!
If you like Earnest Save Christmas more than Godfather, then that's your
fucking business. It won't make you any more or less stupider than you
already are.

> : THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THE GREAT "JOE"
> These are the words of the insightful Justin Smith:
> ">If I see a Wu-Tang ad in PlayGirl magazine it I wouldn't be suprised!!!!
> If you are a male, I wouldn't be surprised either."
>
> He's calling you a faggot, in other words. I don't see you calling *him*
> stupid (maybe cuz he's right!) ... shit, you'd have to wear your fingers
> down to the bone trying to respond to everyone who think's you're a bitch.
> And if you are a girl, then what's up with all the Foxxy Brown shit?

Like I said, you are the stupid one so I dis you. Others can suck fuck
off too, but none are complete idiotic as you are.

> : I will never reply to anything Joe writes again. Joe does not exist to
> : me anymore, his stupidity is just fucking up my head right now by
> : thinking that he does not exist.
> : HEY! HOW COME EVERYON ON HERE IS SO SMART? I WISH THERE WERE SOME
> : STUPID PEOPLE ON HERE TOO! DAMN! I WISH THERE WAS A STUPID PERSON NAMED
> : "JOE" ON HERE TO PISS ME OFF. DAMN THEN MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE!
> God damn, you're mature! Glad to see you can have rational discussions
> without reverting to some old *fourth grade bullshit* like, "I can't hear
> you! Nyah-nyah-nyaaahhhhhh!"
>
> : BYE!
> I only wish this was the end of us at r.m.h-h hearing your ignorant babble.
>
> Joe

Joke

> P.S. You might know your shit relative to herbs out in Newfoundland,
> KKKanada, but the people on this newsgroup by-and-large (look at the

Do you think I fucking care.

Andrew Ryall

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Dear Joe,

While it may be lots of fun to dis ANal Kim, I know I have fun doing it
(copies of his hilarious record will be sold for $10.00, get your copy
today), I don't like the disses to Newfoundlanders. You are generalizing
Newfoundlanders as all being at Sae's level, or (God forbid) at a lower
level than Sae. You don't have the right to call anyone, even Sae,
ignorant if you are calling all Newfoundlanders "herbs" without knowing
any Newfoundlanders besides Sae. That's ignorance right there. Sae is not
representative of the tastes of anyone in Newfoundland, actually he's
kind of against the beliefs of most people here (this is the same kid
that told me that I didn't know shit because I think Pharoahe Monch could
take out Bone Thugs with ease). I agree with all of the opinions you put
in the posts on this topic, save the Newfoundland opinions. If you talked
to me for example, you would find that I know "shit relative to the herbs
out in Newfoundland", and relative to most people in the US also. Please
don't come at me with bullshit like that. E-mail me if you question me,
or post it up here, but I hope to see some sort of response.

Peace
Andrew Ryall
aka Verbal aka Monch (on IRC channel #hiphop)
"Most of you can't even comprehend what I am saying..." - Pharoahe Monch
mry...@fac.cabot.nf.ca

> then.. you are from... ahh fuck it.. too easy..".

> P.S. You might know your shit relative to herbs out in Newfoundland,

Rick Pearce

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

joe,
i'm also from newfoundland and i agree with monch, somewhat. i mean you
went on and on about how sae was immature and then you go and judge an
entire province on his opinions, whats that? as far as judging someone's
intelligence by what they listen to, i don't agree with it. its all a
matter of opinion, if sae doesn't like the roots or goodie mob thats his
own loss. the question i have is this : where does it say that in order to
be a "real" hip-hop fan that you have to listen to certain groups,ie. the
roots, aceyalone, ras kass, etc.? i mean all rap is, on some level at
least, the same. its people telling stories over bumpin beats. each mc or
group have their own style that they bring to the game and its up to the
fans what they like. just because you like something doesn;t mean that
everyone else has to like it, or for that matter you liking an artist that
someone else dislikes has no bearing on who is the "true fan". judging
from your posts i take it you already know everything i said but you were
caught up in flaming sae, next time please just stick to him and leave the
rest of us newfoundlanders out of it.
rick

Andy Garcia

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>You realize that not anyone can become top 40 and it's safe to say that
>almost every top 40 artist did it by "earning the shit." Bone Thugs paid
>their dues doing bullshit underground albums in Cleveland. Nas paid his
>dues doing bullshit
>guests and shit record contracts and even with his first album. Dr Dre
>paid his dues by being in the music industry since 1992. Almost every
>fucking recording aritist on this planet started off with a demo tape
>with "awful sound quality" and "black and white printing" and by first
>getting credibilty from the street. You are this stupid, you believe
>that anyone can become a pop star if they do a certain thing or wear
>ceratin clothes or drive certain cars. If I knew I
>can make a million dollars by just doin what you said, I would have done
>it long ago. That's just it, it's impossible. First you make an album
>that appels to the masses, have a record label that helps out, then you
>come up with that hit record, but mostly it's luck on whether the public
>will accept you. Your idea that it's alright to like top-40 artist only
>if they earned it is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

This just shows your ignorance of how the record business works. It
revolves around money not talent. If talent makes money then fine but
the business is solely about money. Do u really think every top-40 pop
artist earned that position. Chart position has a lot to do with how
much promotional money record companies throw around. Some chart
singles actually lose the companies money due to the amount they have
to spend to get them in there in the first place. Certain artists
exist solely through MTV videos and promotion.

>>Sorry if Jeru rhymes against
>> guns (what "Come Clean" is all about if you would take the time to listen)
>> instead of glorifying them and wears normal clothes instead of pretty
>> little Hilfiger shit that few "street" brothas can afford.

Note that Method Man has modelled for one or more of Tommy Hill's
fashion shows.

Andy Garcia

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>I meant down there that dre's been in the music industry since 1982 not
>1992, although I may be wrong on that one, but then joe doesn't exist so
>it don't matter

Sae you caught yourself in time, I was just about to post on that!

Andy Garcia

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

rit...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu (Joseph S Grossberg) wrote:

>*Obviously* you wouldn't care about Top-40 artists who do act like
>they're above the fans who made them--you like listening to hip-hop from
>your cozy little crib hours from the U.S. border, much less any city, and
>feeling so bad and hardcore and rebellious without anyone to point out the
>hypocrisy in some of your views.

>: It is alright to have opinions on certain artist. But there are certain
>: artists you cannot have an opinion on. For instance, if you do not like
>: Guru you are permitted to say so, but if you don't like the Roots, you
>: must lie and say that you do indeed like them even if you don't.
>Fine let me rephrase this: You cannot dis Meth, Jeru, Casual, Goodie,
>Roots AND Freestyle Fellowship PLUS sweat Bone Thugs without being seen as
>a loser who has no idea what they are talking about. Another example: What
>would you think of my movie taste if I said the Godfather was wack and
>Ernest Saves Christmas was the bomb?

I'd say either....

You didn't deserve the eyes you were born with.

or

You brain was seriously malfunctioning.

or

You were smoking crack.

PS

Where is Newfoundland anway?

(I know its in Canada, but what is it?

Is it a city? What's its population?)

Alvin P Arevalo

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:

: 1. Jeru The Amatuer

I see where you could come off like this, but I hope the fact he can't really
freestyle didn't make you think this way.

: 2. Method Man

I dunno...depends on how much you dug him in the first place. If you're
some Wu-wearin' Lizahd from the 54th chamber who happens to idolize that
Tony Montana character...well, yeah.

: 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)

Hold up, wait a minute. The Roots wack??? What the fuck is you're idea
of dope? They've got the emcees -do you have q-tips stuck in your ears
when you're listening to them (have you heard the longest posse cut of all
time?)? They've got the production -NO production crew, maybe with exception
of the Refugee Camp, can hang with The Roots' instrumentalists: bass lines,
percussion, and NOISE!

: 4. Guru (WACK)

Won't explain until YOU explain #3. When you realize that The Roots are
head and shoulders above 90something percent of all other artsts, then you'll
be able to see how much of a guru the Guru is. This reminds me. Has anyone
heard Guru come off the dome? I was at The Palace about two months ago, and
he, Key Kool, and Ras Kass were there. Each threw out a verse, and Guru
tore it up. I'm not sure if the moment, or the beat (Dwyck), had anything
to do with it, but Guru proved his headrush skills nicely. He had the voice,
the cadence (which did flow differently from his recorded material), the
lyrics, the whole nine.

: 5. Casual (No Skills)

So what do you think of Saafir?

: 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)

Wack production...
But they do bring it...
Does #6 also include Aceyalone himself? Micah 9? the WHOLE Los Angeles
Project Blowed/Unity Scene? etc?

: 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)

Place a copy of Cell Therapy in your tape deck, CD player, or turntable...
Now sing along: "Someone's frontin' on this newsgroup..."

: 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST

: WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)

: 9. MC Lyte

Don't go here...

: 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)

Now this is one thing I agree with...

: SAE!

One final thought...Foxxy and Kim are NOT all that. Good enough
to fuck with (have 'em spit a verse in the middle of a blowjob,
that's talent), but not fine enough to give me whiplash as
they walk by.

...these opinions are strictly expressed as the author's own and
any kind of verbal abuse deemed unecessary is, well, your problem.

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

@news.jhu.edu>
<Pine.OSF.3.91.960826...@plato.ucs.mun.ca>:
Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
: Stupidity: tells me to be mature and he says this.

Fine. For once you have a point: people don't read this UseNet group to
follow others' petty arguments and name calling, so I'm going to squash
this right now.

Like some guy Trey said a while back, "To be honest, I think that you have
more to contribute to this newsgroup than MOBB DEEP RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!.
But you've got to show that your view of hip-hop isn't so narrow."

A word to the wise--If you don't want people constantly dissing your posts
and just generally shitting on you, then:

1) Don't use the word "nigga/nigger". If you aren't being racist by it,
then the words "dude", "dog" and "guy" (to name three) are
interchangeable. If you do mean it offensively (which I highly doubt),
then you picked the right word to rile peoples' nerves. Plenty of brothas
will tell you that *Black* people using the term is indicative of a
self-hating mentality, and thus disrespectful and inappropriate; I doubt
you will find too many people who support a Korean girl form Newfoundland
(or any non-black for that matter) using it.

2) Before you go dissing artists like Freestle Fellowship, Casual and
Jeru's mic skills, think about why they have gotten so much respect as
MC's. I'm a Knicks fan, but I know there's a difference b/tw "I hate
Michael Jordan" and "Michael Jordan can't play ball". Goodie MoB, Guru and
the Roots might all have styles that don't appeal to you personally, but
there's no denying that they all have skills and should NEVER EVER be
included on the same top-ten list as Jermaine Dupri. Dig? Re-read the MJ
bit if you don't hear what I'm saying.

"Overrated" implies less skills than they are give credit for... If you
mean MC's you don't like, "Ten Wackest MC's" is more appropriate and will
lend itself to people understanding where you're coming from. ANd if you
want to be real picky about it, you can mention in the first line that
it's only name rappers who you are calling out, not high school talent
show entries.

3) Stop sweating MC's for their cars if you just care about the "music"
and "listening" components of hip-hop.

4) Realize that Mobb Deep is good, but ... the best? I don't know about
all that. Try telling people that Bernie Kosar is the best QB in the NFL
and that "it's just a matter of opinion".

5) Don't admit you eat "Chicken Balls" ever again ...

Joe.

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Rick Pearce (rpe...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
: joe,

: i'm also from newfoundland and i agree with monch, somewhat. i mean you
: went on and on about how sae was immature and then you go and judge an
: entire province on his opinions, whats that?
You're right. Hence my apology/explanation (see later post under same
title). Also, check my response to Monch's--I've decided it will save time
to answer both at once.

: judging from your posts i take it you already know everything i said but

: you were caught up in flaming sae, next time please just stick to him
: and leave the rest of us newfoundlanders out of it.
: rick

You are absolutely right about the Newfoundland shit. As far as the
"you-must-like-these-groups-to-be-real-stuff", that wasn't my focus. It
just boggled my mind that someone could give so much props to Outkast and
then go all the way to the other end to the spectrum with Goodie. How many
people out there worship the Dogg Pound, but hate Snoop and Dre?

I can understand people who have a marked preference for "West Coast" or
"Native Tongue" or "Gangsta" genres of rap, or disliking a particular
style or having one MC's voice just grate your nerves, it's just that I
can't make sense of Sae's comments. The shit is all over the place.

Joe.

P.S. is Sae a "him"? I thought it is a girl's name, hence the *other* Sae
with some homepage or another.

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

@news.jhu.edu> <4vt0tn$g...@news1.uk.pipeline.com>;
Andy Garcia (andyg...@uk.pipeline.com) wrote:
: >Fine let me rephrase this: You cannot dis Meth, Jeru, Casual, Goodie,

: >Roots AND Freestyle Fellowship PLUS sweat Bone Thugs without being seen as
: >a loser who has no idea what they are talking about. Another example: What
: >would you think of my movie taste if I said the Godfather was wack and
: >Ernest Saves Christmas was the bomb?
: I'd say either....
: You didn't deserve the eyes you were born with. or
: You brain was seriously malfunctioning. or
: You were smoking crack.

: PS
: Where is Newfoundland anway?
: (I know its in Canada, but what is it?
: Is it a city? What's its population?)

Newfoundland if a Province in Northeastern Canada. A province is roughly
their equivalent of a state. Look at a map--it's that island to the NE of
Maine. I don't know what the population is, but it isn't deserted.
Halifax (the biggest city) isn't exactly a burgeoning metropolis either.

Joe.

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

@news.jhu.edu> <322218...@fac.cabot.nf.ca>;
Andrew Ryall (mry...@fac.cabot.nf.ca) wrote:
: Dear Joe,

: While it may be lots of fun to dis ANal Kim, I know I have fun doing it
: (copies of his hilarious record will be sold for $10.00, get your copy
: today),

Record?

: I don't like the disses to Newfoundlanders. You are generalizing

: Newfoundlanders as all being at Sae's level, or (God forbid) at a lower
: level than Sae. You don't have the right to call anyone, even Sae,
: ignorant if you are calling all Newfoundlanders "herbs" without knowing
: any Newfoundlanders besides Sae. That's ignorance right there.

You are completely right, and I apologize (for the Canada ignorance, not
my opinions on hip-hop). You won't see that very often on UseNet, but it
was pretty stupid to resort to the neighborhood-name-calling when I'm
trying to play Sae for a fool. I still think the rest of what I said
stands as is.

: Peace

: Andrew Ryall
: aka Verbal aka Monch (on IRC channel #hiphop)
: "Most of you can't even comprehend what I am saying..." - Pharoahe Monch
: mry...@fac.cabot.nf.ca

The top one was a quote (though you're right; I probably shouldn't have
repeated it). I didn't mean that all Newfoundlanders are herbs, just the
ones that convinced Sae (s)he knows so much about hip-hop. I meant it in
the sense of "All the herbs out in Miami only listen to Luke, while more
intelligent fans appreciate rap with real lyrics".

: > then.. you are from... ahh fuck it.. too easy..".

: > P.S. You might know your shit relative to herbs out in Newfoundland,
: > KKKanada, but the people on this newsgroup by-and-large (look at the

I guess hip-hop has become too much of universal thing to really be based
on "where you're from" and not "where you're at" (to paraphrase Rakim). I
did get caught up in flaming and was dissing Newfoundland as just an
aspect of Sae, the guy/girl I was flaming. But then again, I wouldn't even
considered some "you're Korean, what could you possibly know about rap?"
type ignorance, so point well taken. Sae's peculiar opinions come from a
lack of intelligence, not his/her residence. (Just kidding about the first
part, before I spark another argument with him/her about something I'm
already tired of talking about!)

Joe.

Joseph S Grossberg

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

: : PS

: : Where is Newfoundland anway?
: : (I know its in Canada, but what is it?
: : Is it a city? What's its population?)
: Newfoundland if a Province in Northeastern Canada. A province is roughly
: their equivalent of a state. Look at a map--it's that island to the NE of
: Maine. I don't know what the population is, but it isn't deserted.
: Halifax (the biggest city) isn't exactly a burgeoning metropolis either.

Aw FUCK, man! I mixed up Newfoundland and Nova Scotia for a minute there.
I should just quit while I'm ahead on this one and let the Canadians
school you on this geography lesson. I DO know that none of Canada's major
cities (Toronto, Montreal, Ottowa, Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary) are
located in Newfoundland.

Joe.

Sae Kim

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Andy Garcia wrote:

> Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:
>
> >You realize that not anyone can become top 40 and it's safe to say that
> >almost every top 40 artist did it by "earning the shit." Bone Thugs paid
> >their dues doing bullshit underground albums in Cleveland. Nas paid his
> >dues doing bullshit
> >guests and shit record contracts and even with his first album. Dr Dre
> >paid his dues by being in the music industry since 1992. Almost every
> >fucking recording aritist on this planet started off with a demo tape
> >with "awful sound quality" and "black and white printing" and by first
> >getting credibilty from the street. You are this stupid, you believe
> >that anyone can become a pop star if they do a certain thing or wear
> >ceratin clothes or drive certain cars. If I knew I
> >can make a million dollars by just doin what you said, I would have done
> >it long ago. That's just it, it's impossible. First you make an album
> >that appels to the masses, have a record label that helps out, then you
> >come up with that hit record, but mostly it's luck on whether the public
> >will accept you. Your idea that it's alright to like top-40 artist only
> >if they earned it is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.
>

> This just shows your ignorance of how the record business works. It
> revolves around money not talent. If talent makes money then fine but
> the business is solely about money. Do u really think every top-40 pop
> artist earned that position. Chart position has a lot to do with how
> much promotional money record companies throw around. Some chart
> singles actually lose the companies money due to the amount they have
> to spend to get them in there in the first place. Certain artists
> exist solely through MTV videos and promotion.

What do you think I said up there, I said the record company needs to
help out the artist as in promotion or whatever. Besides this, the
artist needs to make an album that appeals to the public, but the most
important part of making a hit record is if the public buys your shit or not.
AZ's album was pushed HARD and it never even went gold. Nas's first
album was pushed hard and hard as well, with fucking ads about how great
Nas was and that album went wood at 200,000. You can take an album of
Snoop Dog rhyming "SNOOP DOGG IS COOL!" over and over again over a
single drum and trust me, there is no way that that album would sell even
if Death Row put Snoop ads in every single publication and TV show on earth.
Promotion HELPS sell, it doesn't sell itself. In the end the record
buyer is buying the music not Nas's 500SL.

> >>Sorry if Jeru rhymes against
> >> guns (what "Come Clean" is all about if you would take the time to listen)
> >> instead of glorifying them and wears normal clothes instead of pretty
> >> little Hilfiger shit that few "street" brothas can afford.
>

> Note that Method Man has modelled for one or more of Tommy Hill's
> fashion shows.

Stupid Joe wrote that, everything that guy says is stupid. He is just
fucking stupid.

Sae Kim

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

I reply to the stupid boy 1nce again, this is the last time I talk to
him, soon i'm gonna be as stupid as this fool

On 27 Aug 1996, Joseph S Grossberg wrote:

> @news.jhu.edu>
> <Pine.OSF.3.91.960826...@plato.ucs.mun.ca>:
> Sae Kim (sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca) wrote:
> : Stupidity: tells me to be mature and he says this.
>
> Fine. For once you have a point: people don't read this UseNet group to
> follow others' petty arguments and name calling, so I'm going to squash
> this right now.

I never said that stupid, I just pointed out your contradiction of
telling me to so mature and you post stupid shit like that. Besides
everything your stupid ass says is contradictory.

> Like some guy Trey said a while back, "To be honest, I think that you have
> more to contribute to this newsgroup than MOBB DEEP RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!.
> But you've got to show that your view of hip-hop isn't so narrow."
>
> A word to the wise--If you don't want people constantly dissing your posts
> and just generally shitting on you, then:

When the fuck did I say I don't want to be dissed. In fact I'd rather be
dissed on here then have some loser go "WHY THAT WAS SUCH AN INSIGHTFUL
POST SAE, KEEP IT UP!" or some bullshit about thoughtful discussion or
some shit. This isn't my fucking english class, I can cuss and dis and be
explicit in my opinions, like this one here: JOE IS STUPID.

> 1) Don't use the word "nigga/nigger". If you aren't being racist by it,
> then the words "dude", "dog" and "guy" (to name three) are
> interchangeable. If you do mean it offensively (which I highly doubt),
> then you picked the right word to rile peoples' nerves. Plenty of brothas
> will tell you that *Black* people using the term is indicative of a
> self-hating mentality, and thus disrespectful and inappropriate; I doubt
> you will find too many people who support a Korean girl form Newfoundland
> (or any non-black for that matter) using it.

nigga nigga nigga, it's just a fucking word, if you want to be technical,
you realize that Asians are considered black by the 5% and therefore I'm
black too, if I was a racist I would not be listening to rap music, THINK.
A lot of white kids call each other nigga, if you're offended then whatever.
a lot of people are offended by the word FUCK too. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.
Fat Joe and B-Real are always saying Nigga in their songs and most people
wouldn't see them as Black and no one gets offended.

> 2) Before you go dissing artists like Freestle Fellowship, Casual and
> Jeru's mic skills, think about why they have gotten so much respect as
> MC's. I'm a Knicks fan, but I know there's a difference b/tw "I hate
> Michael Jordan" and "Michael Jordan can't play ball". Goodie MoB, Guru and
> the Roots might all have styles that don't appeal to you personally, but
> there's no denying that they all have skills and should NEVER EVER be
> included on the same top-ten list as Jermaine Dupri. Dig? Re-read the MJ
> bit if you don't hear what I'm saying.

Get real you fucking idiot. Music is ART, there is no way to determine
talent in a formal way. Every body is different and they see Art different.
Some people think that AceyAlone is the dopest MC ever, some think that
Rakim is, some think that Nas is, it's called taste you fucking idiot.
You cannot compare art to sport. Sport is absolute. Wayne Gretzky is a
better hockey player than JIm Paek. Proof? Gretzky has more points.
How can you prove that Rakim is even a better MC than Marky Mark? Call
the person who thinks so names and tell them that they know nothing about
hip hop? If they really think Marky Mark has more skills than Rakim,
then they will think that and they have a right to think that. Record
sales is jsut about the only way to formally determine if one album is
superior to another. But then sales does not automatically mean quality
so that method is crossed out. I think Roots and jermaine Dupree are
equally wack. The fact that I think this say shows that the Roots are
not all that to some people. I think Clones is the wackest thing I've
ever heard. Give me a million dollars to say roots are dope and I'll lie
and say it, but that's about the only way I'll say the roots are dope.
ROOTS ARE DOPE!!!!! I'm fucking lying.

> "Overrated" implies less skills than they are give credit for... If you
> mean MC's you don't like, "Ten Wackest MC's" is more appropriate and will
> lend itself to people understanding where you're coming from. ANd if you
> want to be real picky about it, you can mention in the first line that
> it's only name rappers who you are calling out, not high school talent
> show entries.

OH CHRIST THIS GUY IS JUST FUCKING STUPID. I put up a list of OVERRATED
MC's because I thought they were O V E R R A T E D. Not anything else!!
Roots got 4 fucking mikes in the souce and everyone think they 'have
skills, they have NONE, In my opnion they are OVERRATED.

> 3) Stop sweating MC's for their cars if you just care about the "music"
> and "listening" components of hip-hop.

I DON"T GIVE A FUCK WHAT KIND OF CAR AN MC DRIVES YOU FUCKING IDIOT. But
if I see a nice car in a video I'll fucking mention it cause I like
looking at cars. GET REAL. Junior Mafia had bangin ass cars in their
videos but I never bought their album cause Junier Mafia is a wack piece
a shit.

> 4) Realize that Mobb Deep is good, but ... the best? I don't know about
> all that. Try telling people that Bernie Kosar is the best QB in the NFL
> and that "it's just a matter of opinion".

You are a COMPLETE IDIOT. I am NOT JOKING.

> 5) Don't admit you eat "Chicken Balls" ever again ...

CHINESE FOOD IS THE BOMB!!!!

> Joe.

Fuck you

Abdou Kama

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96
And you wonder why your ass gets flamed... Brothas don't like non-blacks using that word. B-real and Fat Joe are cuban and puertori=
can. They probably have black in 'em. Even if they don't, they can still be granted a "honorary" black status. Now if you lived sout=
h of the border in a major city like L.A. where Koreans are (usually) shamelessly racist, you'd understand why it might be even wors=
e for you to use that word. I'm sure you're the less racist guy in the planet, but it's just a matter of decency. You offend brothas=
by using that word, you unintentionally make enemies, so why not just chill on that?

Rob Patel

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

Joseph S Grossberg wrote:

> Newfoundland if a Province in Northeastern Canada. A province is roughly
> their equivalent of a state. Look at a map--it's that island to the NE of
> Maine. I don't know what the population is, but it isn't deserted.
> Halifax (the biggest city) isn't exactly a burgeoning metropolis either.

The population is LOW.. Newfoundland is a maritime province, for the
people who don't know much about Canada, the Maritimes are those buncha
islands east of Mainland Canada.

They in NO WAY represent what Canadians are like. Except for Nova Scotia,
the maritimes are devoid of minorities. The rest of Canada is FULL of
minorities. Even Alberta. As far as i know, the poverty in Newfoundland
is pretty much nothing.. at least compared to Toronto. Newfies (as the
residents are called) are renowned for their niceness... well.. and their
stupidity (which makes you think, Sae isn't very nice... so maybe
he's just... no i won't go there). honestly, there are thousands of
"Newfie Jokes" books available. I think that they pretty much fish alot
there. The bulk of their industries are Fishing industries.

Andy Garcia

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

<> wrote:

>andyg...@uk.pipeline.com (Andy Garcia) writes:
>> Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:
>>

>> Dre has been in the indutry since 92? get your facts right
>> dude,ever heard of NWA and the posse or World Class Wreckin
>> Cru
>>
>> Kabir

I didn't write that. Sae Kim made a mistake in his original post which
he corrected in a follow-up. Read all the follow-ups before posting.
Sae should check his shit before posting though, it would save him a
lot of flames (but then again he does like that).

Andy Garcia

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>What do you think I said up there, I said the record company needs to
>help out the artist as in promotion or whatever. Besides this, the
>artist needs to make an album that appeals to the public, but the most
>important part of making a hit record is if the public buys your shit or not.
>AZ's album was pushed HARD and it never even went gold.

I don't think "Gimme Yours" was a good choice for the second single.
They should have put out more remixes like the one with Rae. Plus AZ
didn't get pushed in England and probably elsewhere otherseas. His
album was only available initially on import. It took EMI (a British
company) forever to release "Sugar Hill" as a single when they should
have been releasing the "Doe or Die" remix. See my comments on Nas
below.

>Nas's first
>album was pushed hard and hard as well, with fucking ads about how great
>Nas was and that album went wood at 200,000.

That album was one of the most bootlegged album of all time. When
"Illmatic" was released in England I don't think it even made it to
the display rack for hip-hop. "It Was Written" was available on the
same day as in the US. There was a HUGE display at the entrance of one
of the largest record stores in London.

> You can take an album of
>Snoop Dog rhyming "SNOOP DOGG IS COOL!" over and over again over a
>single drum and trust me, there is no way that that album would sell even
>if Death Row put Snoop ads in every single publication and TV show on earth.

Don't get ridiculous. That's like saying who would go to see a film
with a blank screen for two hours.

>Promotion HELPS sell, it doesn't sell itself. In the end the record
>buyer is buying the music not Nas's 500SL.

Yeah but it helps a hell of a lot. Why do u think a shitty film like
"Twister" is no. one in London while the re-release of "Godfather"
pt.s one and two isn't. Distribution makes a big difference too. Quite
a few albums never get a UK release and are available at only a very
few stores on import. Some stuff never makes it over from the US. This
is the same with "regional" artists in the US.

Andy Garcia

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Abdou Kama <ak...@ucla.edu> wrote:

> And you wonder why your ass gets flamed... Brothas don't like non-blacks using that word. B-real and Fat Joe are cuban and puertori=
>can. They probably have black in 'em. Even if they don't, they can still be granted a "honorary" black status. Now if you lived sout=
>h of the border in a major city like L.A. where Koreans are (usually) shamelessly racist, you'd understand why it might be even wors=
>e for you to use that word. I'm sure you're the less racist guy in the planet, but it's just a matter of decency. You offend brothas=
> by using that word, you unintentionally make enemies, so why not just chill on that?

This argument opens up a whole can of worms. If B-Real and Fat Joe can
be granted "honorary black status" why can't other non-black hip-hop
heads. Why can't white rap fans call each other nigga. Why can't they
call black people "nigga" if they mean it in a non-racist way
(provided it is undertstood that it is not meant as racist). The most
well known hip-hop DJ in England is white. Quite a few US rappers when
passing through his show have called him "their nigga".

Be careful with that argument, it has a lot of implications.

Andy Garcia

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>nigga nigga nigga, it's just a fucking word,

"Bullet" and "death threat" are just words too. Words can spark off a
whole heap of shit. Use them carefully.

>if you want to be technical,
>you realize that Asians are considered black by the 5% and therefore I'm
>black too,

Being technical may not save you from a beat-down after calling
someone a "nigga" to their face.

>if I was a racist I would not be listening to rap music, THINK.

That is not true. I have known people into "Public Enemy" who were
like "I hate niggers. Niggers made me hate them". Check "Do The Right
Thing". Being racist doesn't stop racists checking for Michael Jackson
or Prince, or liking black athletes (probably because they think those
"jungle bunnies" run faster). Some rappers perpetuate racial
stereotypes so racists may just find their views being confirmed.
Like "they are all animals", "they just love to kill each other".

>Get real you fucking idiot. Music is ART, there is no way to determine
>talent in a formal way.

That's like saying you can't distinguish between pulp fiction and
Shakespeare. Every heard of literary criticism, Sae? Sure you can't
give a definitive out of ten rating but you can certainly critique
different rappers and their skills.

>How can you prove that Rakim is even a better MC than Marky Mark? Call
>the person who thinks so names and tell them that they know nothing about
>hip hop?

I doubt a Marky Mark fan has ever heard Rakim. If they did listen to
Rakim I'm sure they would admit that Rakim has more skills, even if
they do prefer to listen to Marky Mark.

>> 5) Don't admit you eat "Chicken Balls" ever again ...
>>

>CHINESE FOOD IS THE BOMB!!!!

I don't have any "beef" with Chinese food or chicken balls!

Sae Kim

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

What the fuck are you saying, "Koreans in LA are all racist or usually
racist?" What the fuck kind of bullshit to say is this???? This right
here is the most racist thing I've ever heard. Some Koreans hate blacks
some do NOT. I do NOT and neither does anyone in my family. Koreans in
LA and NY who have businesses in Black neighourhoods, some hate the
blacks, but then there are others that donate food and money to Black
churches and do other ways to help out their black communities. You
realize that it's widely thought of that people in England are extremely
racist. I am not saying this this totally true but a lot more people
think of Englishmen as racist than Koreans as racists. Think before you
type: the same people who would consider Hispanic as Blacks would also
consider Asians as BLack. Ofcourse this is Black/Korean tension, but if
you actually come to this continent instead of looking at your BBC news
you'd see there is sometimes tension with anyone Greek-Canadians/
Portuguese-Canadians, Jamaicans/Canadian Blacks, Black/Hispanic,
Haitian/Jamaican, as well as Black/Korean. Use your brain and stop being
so racist. You saying this would be the same as me saying that you
should stop listening to rap because some people in your country don't
like black people very much. OFcourse, I'll never say something like
that but you did.

On 27 Aug 1996, Abdou Kama wrote:

> And you wonder why your ass gets flamed... Brothas don't like non-blacks using that word. B-real and Fat Joe are cuban and puertorican. They probably have black in 'em. Even if they don't, they can still be granted a "honorary" black status. Now if you lived south of the border in a major city like L.A. where Koreans are (usually) shamelessly racist, you'd understand why it might be even worse for you to use that word. I'm sure you're the less racist guy in the planet, but it's just a matter of decency. You offend brothas by using that word, you unintentionally make enemies, so why not just chill on that?

Abdou Kama

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:
>What the fuck are you saying, "Koreans in LA are all racist or usually
>racist?" What the fuck kind of bullshit to say is this???? This right
>here is the most racist thing I've ever heard. Some Koreans hate blacks
>some do NOT. I do NOT and neither does anyone in my family. Koreans in
>LA and NY who have businesses in Black neighourhoods, some hate the
>blacks, but then there are others that donate food and money to Black
>churches and do other ways to help out their black communities. You
>realize that it's widely thought of that people in England are extremely
>racist. I am not saying this this totally true but a lot more people
>think of Englishmen as racist than Koreans as racists. Think before you
>type: the same people who would consider Hispanic as Blacks would also
>consider Asians as BLack. Ofcourse this is Black/Korean tension, but if
>you actually come to this continent instead of looking at your BBC news
>you'd see there is sometimes tension with anyone Greek-Canadians/
>Portuguese-Canadians, Jamaicans/Canadian Blacks, Black/Hispanic,
>Haitian/Jamaican, as well as Black/Korean. Use your brain and stop being
>so racist. You saying this would be the same as me saying that you
>should stop listening to rap because some people in your country don't
>like black people very much. OFcourse, I'll never say something like
>that but you did.

You know, I didn't make this up. A Korean chick told me this. That most of her family are racist although they don't admit it. I've=
lived with a Korean dude for a quarter at UCLA. He was cool and down with Hip Hop, so don't try to label me as racist. What a said =
was a statement of facts :" Koreans in L.A are usually racist in some way or another." Nobody will never come to you and say:"I'm ra=
cist!" It's by their behavior that you deduct it. There is also a attitude difference between Korean-Americans and Koreans (newly ar=
rived shop-owners). I go to the Hood often and I can tell you that them muthafuckas used to treat blacks lower than you-know-what. S=
ince the riots, the Korean-American organizatons have done a lot of efforts in educating the newly arrived shop owning Koreans, so t=
hings are now somewhat more on the downlow, and they have a that donation bullshit. Just 3 days ago me and my homeboy were in downto=
wn L.A and this Korean older guy refused to get in the elevator with us. You cannot sit in Newfoundland and try to tell me what the =
fuck goes down in my own city!

Nat Mastick

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

In <500aci$f...@news1.uk.pipeline.com> andyg...@uk.pipeline.com (Andy
Garcia) writes:

>Abdou Kama <ak...@ucla.edu> wrote:
>
>> And you wonder why your ass gets flamed... Brothas don't like
non-blacks using that word. B-real and Fat Joe are cuban and puertori=

>>can. They probably have black in 'em. Even if they don't, they can
still be granted a "honorary" black status. Now if you lived sout=

>>h of the border in a major city like L.A. where Koreans are (usually)
shamelessly racist, you'd understand why it might be even wors=

>>e for you to use that word. I'm sure you're the less racist guy in
the planet, but it's just a matter of decency. You offend brothas=

>> by using that word, you unintentionally make enemies, so why not
just chill on that?

>This argument opens up a whole can of worms. If B-Real and Fat Joe can
>be granted "honorary black status" why can't other non-black hip-hop
>heads. Why can't white rap fans call each other nigga. Why can't they
>call black people "nigga" if they mean it in a non-racist way
>(provided it is undertstood that it is not meant as racist). The most
>well known hip-hop DJ in England is white. Quite a few US rappers when
>passing through his show have called him "their nigga".
>
>Be careful with that argument, it has a lot of implications.

Why would he or anyone else even WANT to call somebody "nigga"? Only if
they wanna be down with somethin they're not. The black guys & girls
I've known throughout my life used it mainly because it's part of their
culture; a dialect they've used since they were kids.

I hate to analize this kind of shit, but it's gettin to that point
these days...

*Nat*

Andy Garcia

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

> You realize that it's widely thought of that people in England are extremely
>racist. I am not saying this this totally true but a lot more people
>think of Englishmen as racist than Koreans as racists.

Maybe out in the countryside. But London is one of the most ethnically
diverse and mixed cities in the world. We don't have 99.9% black
ghettos like some countries.

Jacob Bentley

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96
to Christina Hsu

On 26 Aug 1996, Christina Hsu wrote:

> >7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME
> OUT!!)

> I gotta agree, and their from my home turf...so I hate to say it.

really, what street do you live on? i live on cascade myself, by way of CP
oh, and by the way, exactly what reasons might you give for goodie being
wack?

> >10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)

> Again, I have to whole-heartedly agree about this hometown kid too

he's not a rapper, he's a producer.

peace,
jacob

Sae Kim

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Promotion or distribution in the UK, that doesn't mean anything.
BillBoard is talking about American sales. Not UK, not Canada, not Uganda.
Illmatic was pushed like hell in the States, look at all the ads and
videos from 1994. AZ's promotion was just incredible.

Sae Kim

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

you are an ignorant buffoon, get out of my face and never ever say
anything about newfoundland again

Michael

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

Damn, Sae....are you 16 years old or something? You really need to settle
down.... Hey, post whatever you want man, and let others post as
well...that is what this forum is for. But you're really making an ass of
yourself and pretty much posting useless crap that really belongs in
private e-mail.

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote in article
<Pine.OSF.3.91.960827...@plato.ucs.mun.ca>...

Jesse A McDonald

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

: > GET THE FUCK OUT MY FACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
: > anyone who think goodie mobb and outkast are the same thing is a fucking
: > idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: How can you dis Goodie Mob and turn around and give props to Outkast?
: Especially when Outkast gives props to Goodie. Thats just STUPID... but
: then.. you are from... ahh fuck it.. too easy..
That doesn't make sense... who cares about props? ODB gives
props to Dre & Snoop on his record, I don't have to like them because he
does. In this case, I like Goodie Mob and NOT Outkast, and I don't care
what the affiliation is... the songs on Soul Food appeal to me, the songs
on Southernplayalisticadillacmusic don't.

--
/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
Jesse McDonald http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ad309

University of Colorado Student

Aug 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/30/96

Sae Kim wrote:

> 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> 2. Method Man

> 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
> 4. Guru (WACK)
> 5. Casual (No Skills)

Say What?? These are true rappers-the ones who don't sell out to MTV,
and put singers like Brandy, Monica, SWV, etc. on every song they do!!

These guys have lyrical smarts, have cool beats, and just plain rip it
up!!

Sae Kim must really be into the grooves of Vanilla Icee, and the knew
PHAT beats from the New Kids On THe Block?

Wake Up!!

These groups constantly make fresh albums, and don't use the same
samples that every other group uses, instead use the cool beats of
JAZZ music (donald Byrd, miles davis, john coltrane). What's more,
for the most part, all also use LIVE music to rap over, instead of the
lame drum machine!!!

These groups have always been SOLID, and will continue to stay that
way!!!

Jesse A McDonald

Aug 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/30/96

: > > Newfoundland if a Province in Northeastern Canada. A province is roughly

: > > their equivalent of a state. Look at a map--it's that island to the NE of
: > > Maine. I don't know what the population is, but it isn't deserted.
: > > Halifax (the biggest city) isn't exactly a burgeoning metropolis either.
Pffffft Haltown is in NS, man... unless we got annexed and no-one
told me...

--
/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
Jesse McDonald http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ad309

AKA Phatboy, AKA Phats, OO ad...@chebucto.ns.ca

sparatik

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

i don't know about the rest of newfoundland, but i have
relatives in Buchans(some small town i guess), and i actually
went up there about 5 years ago... BORING AS SHIT!! the
thing thast's amazing about newfoundland though, is that
(now get this) they have mooses walking around and shit....
not in a zoo, but around in the streets and shit.. and they
have the right-a-way and shit on the road... weird shit...
say what you want about newfoundland, but i say it's a slick
place to be, mostly because they have mooses walking around...

sparatik

Sae Kim

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

There's lots of Moose accidents on the high ways at night. My friend's
uncle's van was hit once. Any little regular car like a Camry or
whatever would get totalled if they even hit a baby moose. Newfoundland
is a boring place to be, that's no secret. "Downtown" is 2 fucking
streets, full of freaks with pink hair in the day time and silly
university students at night. Acid is probably the most popular drug in
the city of St. John's the capital. But weed is so common here, but all
the dealers are 17 year old hicks with tight pants
that don't go to school. There is absolutely no crime in the city St.
John's which has a population of about 120,000. There is a 20%
unemployment rate and I believe the literacy rate is only 60%. In the
winter the snow comes up to your chest, that is no exageration. The
culture here is directly descended from Irish/English fishing community.
Newfoundlanders have distinct accents and from a person who has moved
here not born here, I have to say that Newfoundland is culturally more
closer to Europe than it is to North America. Racially the population is
about 99% Irish/English (WHITE). The few minorities that live here (East
Indian, Chinese, Arabic) mostly have been here for over 50 years probably.
There is a tiny Inuit population in Labrador but besides that the
province has NO aborigines. There was an aborigional tribe called the
BEOTHUCK I believe they were called, but they were totally wiped out by the
Europeans. This is the only place on the planet where an ethnic group
was TOTALLY wiped out. Other historical aspects of Newfoundland are: St.
John's the capital is the oldest city in North America, the first
Wireless cross-atlantic transmission was made here, and cape spear is the
most easterly point in north america, i believe the COMPUTER MOUSE was
invented here , I may be wrong, the GAS MASK used in the gulf war was
invented here. In St. John's there are 3 music stores, two malls, no
Lexus, Infinti, Range Rover dealers, 4 MacDonalds, no crime and very
polite people. Crime rate: I believe there are something like 4 or 5
actual murders in the province every year: no exageration. NOW THE
INTERNET HIP HOP HEADS ARE FINALLY EDUCATED IN NEWFOUNDLAND HOME OF THE
INFAMOUS SAE KIM!!! SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE WITH YOUR NON INTERNET COMRADES!
LIVE LONG!

SAE!

Tyler Blohm

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 16:24:08 -0230, Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
wrote:

>Nas's first
>album was pushed hard and hard as well, with fucking ads about how great

>Nas was and that album went wood at 200,000. You can take an album of

I'm pretty certain Illmatic went at least Gold (500,000)

*********************************************/*
*Tyler Blohm - bl...@primenet.com / *
*******************************************/***
*Tyler Blohm's Little |Chargers / *
*Black Book of Rap Lyrics | In /___ *
*Lyrics for 800+ songs from| '96! *
*140 artists... ----------------/--*
* http://www.primenet.com/~blohm/raplyric.htm *
*****************************************/*****

Quizativ

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

sparatik <dfen...@radix.net> wrote in article
<50a8ld$5...@news1.radix.net>...

> i don't know about the rest of newfoundland, but i have
> relatives in Buchans(some small town i guess), and i actually
> went up there about 5 years ago... BORING AS SHIT!! the
> thing thast's amazing about newfoundland though, is that
> (now get this) they have mooses walking around and shit....
> not in a zoo, but around in the streets and shit.. and they
> have the right-a-way and shit on the road... weird shit...
> say what you want about newfoundland, but i say it's a slick
> place to be, mostly because they have mooses walking around...
>

> sparatik

oh shit....

Andy Garcia

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

>There's lots of Moose accidents on the high ways at night. My friend's
>uncle's van was hit once. Any little regular car like a Camry or
>whatever would get totalled if they even hit a baby moose.

Here in London we have bicyclists trying to claim they own the roads
and holding protests. But don't let mooses or anyone else tell you
different, roads are for cars.

>Acid is probably the most popular drug in
>the city of St. John's the capital. But weed is so common here, but all
>the dealers are 17 year old hicks with tight pants
>that don't go to school. There is absolutely no crime in the city St.
>John's which has a population of about 120,000.

There must be crime, unless they made drug dealing legal there.

>There is a 20% unemployment rate and I believe the literacy rate is only 60%.

There's 20% unemployment and no crime???

>In St. John's there are 3 music stores, two malls, no
>Lexus, Infinti, Range Rover dealers

I guess that's why u like videos full of luxury cars, you don't see
any on the streets there. Also due to the climate I guess if there are
any luxury cars they are Rovers and Landcruisers not Bentleys or
S-Classes.

Andy Garcia

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

bl...@primenet.com (Tyler Blohm) wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 16:24:08 -0230, Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
>wrote:

>>Nas's first
>>album was pushed hard and hard as well, with fucking ads about how great
>>Nas was and that album went wood at 200,000. You can take an album of

>I'm pretty certain Illmatic went at least Gold (500,000)

I don't think it did due to massive bootlegging. It may have gone gold
by now, especially with all the new MTV people discovering Nas and
finding out "It Was Written" wasn't Nas' first album and that he
didn't just materialise out of thin air.

Joseph S Grossberg

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

Andy Garcia (andyg...@uk.pipeline.com) wrote:
: Sae Kim <sn...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:
: >There is a 20% unemployment rate and I believe the literacy rate is

: >only 60%.
: There's 20% unemployment and no crime???
Yes. That just goes to show you how it's a MYTH that poverty causes crime
in and of itself. There are plenty of immigrants who come to the U.S. from
Vietnam, for example, with literally no money and commit a far smaller
amount of crime per capita than the general public. The fact is, a high
crime rate among a population is indicative of a MENTALITY lending itself
to such. Give a thug some $$$, and he'll just be a rich thug.

Now as far as the explanation for that goes ... shit, who the fuck knows?
I personally think the establishment of a sizeable black middle class (I
grew up in a town where there was one) is at least part of the answer.

Joe.

Abdou Kama

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96
What kind of racist bullshit is this? The establishment of a black middle class an answer to crime: the assumption is that crime is=
caused by poor blacks? The reason why they don't have crime in NFLand is that the canadian social net is way better, they don't hav=
e the arsenal available in the U.S.(it's not very practical to jack a liquor store with a knife..) and addictive drugs such as crack=
must are minimal down there. Just for your info most crime is not commited by blacks and economics have everything to do with crime=
Crime numbers are down cuz the economy is healthy again. The Black middle class in L.A is probably the largest in the U.S. but the=
re is still a lot of shit going on. Better check yourself kid, cuz this kinda racist bullshit is indicative of a fucked up mentality=
Oh yeah...before I forget: that immigrant crap from white muthafuckas always make me laugh: you don't have any idea of what the im=
migrant experience is about. Immigrants do have a support system available to them when they come out here. Think about it: how many=
vietnamese or koreans do you see working at Mc Donalds? Them fools already have an underground economy going when they get here. I'=
m an immigrant myself and I know peeps that get channeled into business their first week in the states!

El Surround

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

Rick Pearce wrote:

> joe,
> i'm also from newfoundland and i agree with monch, somewhat. i mean you
> went on and on about how sae was immature and then you go and judge an
> entire province on his opinions, whats that? as far as judging someone's
> intelligence by what they listen to, i don't agree with it. its all a
> matter of opinion, if sae doesn't like the roots or goodie mob thats his
> own loss. the question i have is this : where does it say that in order to
> be a "real" hip-hop fan that you have to listen to certain groups,ie. the
> roots, aceyalone, ras kass, etc.? i mean all rap is, on some level at
> least, the same. its people telling stories over bumpin beats. each mc or
> group have their own style that they bring to the game and its up to the
> fans what they like. just because you like something doesn;t mean that
> everyone else has to like it, or for that matter you liking an artist that
> someone else dislikes has no bearing on who is the "true fan". judging
> from your posts i take it you already know everything i said but you were
> caught up in flaming sae, next time please just stick to him and leave the
> rest of us newfoundlanders out of it.
> rick

I just don't get this infinite debate about Sae Kim. Let the kid post
whatever... you can also ignore him. Anyway, sometimes his posts are
aight, so don't trip.
Peace

Robert A Patel

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

Joseph S Grossberg wrote:

> Yes. That just goes to show you how it's a MYTH that poverty causes
crime
> in and of itself. There are plenty of immigrants who come to the U.S.
from
> Vietnam, for example, with literally no money and commit a far
smaller
> amount of crime per capita than the general public. The fact is, a
high
> crime rate among a population is indicative of a MENTALITY lending
itself
> to such. Give a thug some $$$, and he'll just be a rich thug.

I think its more of poverty and aggravation causes crime. Think about
it, if you're a black man, growing up in the ghetto, where there is
nothing but poor black people (well, mostly black people).. and
everytime you look out your neighbourhood you see rich white people,
you'd probably get aggravated. When you see them wearing their nice
suits and driving nice cars, and all that, you'd get even more pissed.
Then to see that shit each and every day of your life. Sooner or later,
something is gonna snap, and you're going to say to yourself. FUCK this
macdonalds minimum wage job, i want the shit that they got. And next
thing you know, you got a bunch of people getting really pissed,
wanting shit that other people have, and actually taking it upon
themselves to get that shit. Now some may try to uplift themselves, and
get it on their own merit. But how many of them look around them, and
just see poor black people, and figure that they'll never get it, so
they steal it.

> Now as far as the explanation for that goes ... shit, who the fuck
knows?
> I personally think the establishment of a sizeable black middle class
(I
> grew up in a town where there was one) is at least part of the
answer.

I live in one. But kids these days, they're just stupid. They CAN'T be
poor if they live here (i mean straight up ghetto poor), but i still
see them stealing chocolate bars at the variety store. CHOCOLATE BARS!
like they're parents wouldn't give them a dollar to buy it.

I think it would be better for black people to uplift their minds and
not their pay cheques. Simply moving to better neighbourhoods and
establishing yourselves isn't the answer. Moving yourselves to higher
plateau's of thought. That'll strengthen the people for sure. Sooner
or later, we'll see more and more black people respected for their
minds.. and not their record breaking 100m sprint...

Joseph S Grossberg

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

Abdou Kama (ak...@ucla.edu) wrote:
: The reason why they don't have crime in NFLand is that the canadian

: social net is way better,

Your assumption is that people commit crime because they can't afford to
do otherwise. If this were true, you wouldn't have middle class kids
dealing shit or toting guns like they're some kind of ruffnecks, and rich
motherfuckers, who can certainly afford otherwise, embezzling and or
taking bribes left and right. Are you saying that it's only welfare
recipients (or other people making use of the "social net") who commit
crime? If I had been the one who implied that, would you have labeled me
racist (or at least anti-poor) because of it?

: they don't hav= : e the arsenal available in the U.S.(it's not very

: practical to jack a liquor store with a knife..)

First of all, if one needed it, they very easily could get a gun in NFLD,
especially if it's the only way to your next meal, as you seem to be
implying. Second of all, it doesn't take much more than a knife to get me
to hand over my wallet. Thirdly, there are plenty of crimes that don't
necessitate a weapon (e.g. drug dealing, car theft ... just to name two
(partially) economically motivated crimes).

: Just for your info most crime is not commited by blacks
No shit. However, a disproportional amount of crime is committed by blacks
and a disproportional amount of blacks are below the poverty line, so it's
very easy for motherfuckers to just jump to the conclusion "Oh, black
people commit more crimes per capita, because they are poorer, on
average," instead of dealing with race, economics and crime as the
complicated and inextricably bound issues they are.

: and economics have everything to do with crime=
If it has "everything" to do with crime, then why don't all poor people
commit crime? Obviously there is more too it than just economics.

Are you saying that if we someone off the street who had been getting by
holding up liquor stores (to use your example) and paid the guy $35,000 a
year ... that in a few years' time, he'd be living a middle class life?

Of course not. There is a whole lot taken for granted in a middle class
uprbringing that prepares one *mentally* for such a lifestyle and cannot
be equated directly into dollar values.

That's what I mean by mentality. I don't mean "black are criminals by
nature" by any means, or however you took my statements. I mean that the
issue of crime and why a specific person chooses to commit crime is a lot
more complicated than purely a ? of how much $ they have in their pocket.

: Oh yeah...before I forget: that immigrant crap from white muthafuckas

: always make me laugh: you don't have any idea of what the im= : migrant
: experience is about.

Now, THAT is a fucking racist comment if I have ever heard one. Maybe in
L.A., white folks don't count as "immigrants", but believe me there are
millions of white immigrants in the rest of the country arriving each
year from places as diverse as Russia, Italy, Bosnia and Israel.

How do you know if I was even born here? (I was.) I did not make the
assumption that you were. The way my family got to America in the first
place is that my great-grandmother, at age 14, *walked* across Europe from
Russia (where the rest of her family had been brutally murdered) to
France, (living in the forests and in barns, scraping together whatever
food and water she could find) with the Nazis and their sympathizers on
her heels, then hid on a ship to England and came to the U.S. ... didn't
know a soul and didn't speak a word of English. Made her living in a
sweatshop, sewing garments for 14+ hours a day. And, *then* met other
people from were she was born.

My family was not here owning slaves and did not come to America on no
fucking first-class airplane flight. So don't tell me *I* "don't have any
idea of what the immigrant experience is about".

: Immigrants do have a support system available to them when they come out
: here. I' m an immigrant myself and I know peeps

: that get channeled into business their first week in the states!

Yes, but there are plenty of immigrants who *don't* come to the US with a
job hooked up. Just family and, if they're lucky, other people who speak
their language. And about the comment regarding Vietnamese and Koreans
working in McDonald's ... I can tell you that there were as many Arab,
Latin and Carribean motherfuckers as there were American-born black people
when I worked there two years ago. So don't think that all immigrants get
set up nicely right off the boat or some shit.

: Better check yourself kid, cuz this kinda racist bullshit is indicative

: of a fucked up mentality=

I think you're seeing what you want to see: Another whiteboy talking all
this God-helps-those-who-help-themselves / "Family Values" type bullshit.
I think you should read between the lines and recognize that many *black*
leaders from Bobby Seale to Louis Farrakhan to to W.E.B. DuBois Malcolm X
(plus Goodie Mob, among others--this is rec.MUSIC.HIP-HOP, isn't it?) have
attributed a lot of the bound race-crime issue to a negative state of
mind.

Ignorantly accusing others of being racist is indicative of a "fucked up
mentality". I have heard you vocalize many intelligent ideas in the time
I've read your thoughts on r.m.h-h. and would expect something a little
more thoughtful than a knee-jerk "this is racist bullshit" reaction. I can
understand you misinterpreting or disagreeing with what I said, but don't
play me like some kind of closet white supremacist.

This is getting *way* off topic, so if you'd like to continue this
discussion via personal e-mail or on a more appropriate newsgroup, I would
be more than happy to oblige.

Joe.
(rit...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu)

Orizu Nwokeji

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

: Abdou Kama <ak...@ucla.edu> wrote:

[...]

Yeah but you and him best not try it potna.

: Be careful with that argument, it has a lot of implications.

Like what? Letting you know we still think of the White race as an oppressor
by all means.

When it comes to black people, we know where the main ass kick
is coming from and terms that we use to refer to those on the receiving
end don't normally apply to those we can never be sure of i.e
poor white people.

PsychoSavant,

ORI
--

"Hands open doors, legs break 'em down !" - Thunderfoot /Drunken Master.

Jesse A McDonald

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

: : FUCK YOU AND DON'T EVER REPLY TO ANYTHING I POST AGAIN!!!!!
: Stop posting stupid shit and I won't have to, you little bitch. Why don't
: you go listen to your Snoop Dogg in your pretty little house a thousand
: miles from any MC ... unless the Dream Warriors or Maestro Fresh Wes
: are on tour. Newfoundland?!? No wonder--you probably started listening to
: hip-hop because the grunge motherfuckas at your high school listened to
: wasn't rebellious eough to make your parents mad.

Now see that's just some uncalled for shit right there... the
whole blood claat post was on point until right here. That's BULLshit,
Atlantic Canada has a lot of GREAT MCs, although I don't know about
Newfoundland... Dream Warriors and MFW are the pop out of Canada, our
independant shit is uncontested.

gand...@ix.netcom.com

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

In <322727...@Colorado.edu> University of Colorado Student

What's the matter with getting your videos on MTV. I do agree that
this fad where every r&b remix must have a rapper in it is wack.

Jesse A McDonald

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

: Here in London we have bicyclists trying to claim they own the roads

: and holding protests. But don't let mooses or anyone else tell you
: different, roads are for cars.
Fool, roads are older than ages, cars appeared less than one
hundred years ago. Roads are for traffic.

jaelo...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2016, 9:42:52 PM10/19/16
RIP Pac

joshuas...@yahoo.com

May 23, 2018, 1:43:10 AM5/23/18
Hello 90's generation.

Nomen Nescio

May 23, 2018, 6:05:50 AM5/23/18
On Tue, 22 May 2018 22:43:09 -0700 (PDT), joshuas...@yahoo.com
wrote:

>Hello 90's generation.

Envy more like, as their 70's to 80s's predecessors were pumpin ass,
get their colons creamed on a daily basis.

The Sim Zone

Jul 28, 2021, 8:54:16 AM7/28/21
On Friday, August 23, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Sae Kim wrote:
> 1. Jeru The Amatuer
> 2. Method Man
> 3. The Roots (GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS WACK SHIT!!)
> 4. Guru (WACK)
> 5. Casual (No Skills)
> 6. AceyAlone's friends (FreeStyle Fellowship and the rest of them losers)
> 7. Goodie MoB (These guys are wack, just wait until OUTKAST COME OUT!!)
> 8. Queen Latifah (She can't rap, she can't act, she is ugly JUST
> WHY IS SHE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??)
> 9. MC Lyte
> 10. Jarmaine Dupree (This fool makes me sick in the stomache)
> SAE!

2, 3, 7 and 9 proves you lost your damn mind, lol. And I don't care that it was posted in 1996, LOL!