10 BEST MC's EVER - UNDISPUTED

Slim Shady

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Hi, i put a lot of thought into this and I think I have came up with the
most accurate list ever created. Check it out:
1) Black Thought- No matter what you say, Black Thought is the best. He
always comes with hot hot music to make us nod our heads and his lyrics are
flawless. From Organix to The Roots Come Alive, Thought is the greatest so
far.
2) Guru- Sure, he would'nt be everything he is without that hot DJ Primier
production behind his lyrics, but either way what he says is dope.
Representin' for years kid.
3) Rakim- The God. Almost picked him #1. But na, 'cause he's not the best.
You know that. Don't deny it. His new shit isn't very good either. He's a
legend though.
4) KRS-1- Without a doubt the best battle rapper. A good MC all in all.
5) Prodigy- Still young, he has great rhymes. This QB nigga can hang with
the big dogs anyday. And anyone with the guts to fuck with Death Row gets
points too. That Infamous nigga is nice, and he murdas his shit.
6) Common- Almost put him higher. He's great, I know. I love Common like the
next man. But he just hasn't had enough albums to prove new things to me.
When his new shit drops, I'm sure he'll be in the top 5.
7) Biggie- With just two albums this cat is a legend. He spit pimpalystic
rhymes about his hoes, grimy rhymes about murda, true rhymes about life.
8) Mos Def- Maybe if he had slightly more to prove I'd put him higher. He's
nice, don't get me wrong. He'll always be one of the best, amazingly with
only one solo album. Oh yeah, go cop dat.
9) Andre' Of OutKast- Personally my favorite MC. I'm not gonna trip and say
he's the best 'cause all the cats above him are better. He's my fav though,
andto me every OutKast album so far was a classic.
10. Q-Tip- It seems as if he's fallen off the map since his days of early
ATCQ, but he'll always be around. It's most likely that we've already heard
his best, but only time will tell. "Vivrant Thing" was a disappointment to
me, a true ATCQ fan. Damn, was he aiming for a hit. With ATCQ he never did
that. Oh well.

there u go lemme know what u think

--
"Its the Q to the B, with the M-O,B-B, Queensbridge, Brooklyn
and we D double-E P"- "Queit Storm (RMX)"

"What the fuck you sayin? You're a pimp whateva, limp dick,
Fred Durst needs to rehearse, needs to reverse, what he sayin?"
-"All In The Family"

"You come, from a perfect world, a world that, thru
me away, today, today, today to run away"
-"Coma White"

Kazuya

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Your list is OK, I guess. I don't agree with all of them, but I can see how
someone could put all 10 of them on a list. Guru was ranked a little high,
though. He was straight up puttin' out some Mickey Mouse lyrics for awhile
there.
--
peace Kazuya

drtywrm131

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Okay this post is asking for drama.

Here it goes. I am gonna do this quick cuz i gotta catch a plane, so the
order may not be perfect.

1. B.I.G. - I love this man for puttin the East Coast back on top of the
game. Although he only had 2 albums they are both must haves for any hiphop
collection.
2. Jay-Z - I haven't seen him drop anything wack yet. I will admit his
material is starting to get a lil repetetive but his wordplay and ability to
make u feel it are on point.
3. Redman - Nobody wants to give this mic murdera his props he has
consistenly created tight albums from day one and has not changed his style.
4. Nasty Nas - How could he not be on anyones list.
5. KRS - Although for me he has never created an album where every song was
tight except for my philosophy, as an emcee he is complete. Battle,
Freestyle, Performance.
6. Common - His albums provide me with the astonishing fact that, you aint
gotta be thugged out to be off the hook! Consistent emcee
7. Big Daddy Kane - Many of you all may not remember Kanes lyrical weaponry,
but he was an emcee that changed the game when he was spittin until he got
too smooth. He still deserves mad props.
8. Big Pun - Before you judge, just ask yourself is Capital Punishment a
classic or what?
9. Eminem - Here is where i will get hate mail! Regardless of the fact that
he is white, this kid sends chills through my body when i hear him spit, his
wordplay is exciting and completely focused. And how many people are running
around now rhyming in the style that he made popular.
10. Canibus - I know his album was wack and i know he hasn't done much but i
would be terrified if i ever had to battle him. That is why i like him for
his "up in your face" style of rhymin. And just like Eminem he sends a
tingle through my brain when listening to him. (especially his mix-tape
appearances)

So there you have it. Honorable Mention to Mos Def, Rass Kas, Xzibit, Will
Smith, LL Cool J, Method Man, Busta Rhymes, Wordsworth, Beanie Siegel, Rah
Digga, and Last Emperor.
I am sure i forgot some but i gotta go. peace DRTY

--
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
minds

A to the L

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Definately feeling all the choices on drtywrm131's list....

My 10 would be:

1) Puffy
2) Master P
3) Mase..........NAH Seriously

Its like this....(in no order cos I don't have enough time)
(I'm a big fan of freestyle so any emcees that come off the top of the dome
well get mad props on my list....so-)

1) Supernatural
2) Lord Finesse
3) Ras Kass
4) Redman
5) Common
6) Eminem
7) Chino XL
8) Big Daddy Kane
9) Master Ace
10) Grand Daddy I.U. (ever heard this guy? butter.)

PEACE

A to the L

drtywrm131 <henr...@rcn.com> wrote in message

Slim Shady

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
aight im straight up with you. You're right about Guru, I think I shoulda
put Common there now that I put some thought to it. Well, it's ok cause I
didn't really mean for the list to be in order except to verify that Thought
is the greatest ever. He's #1

Robert Prall

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99

1. Ras Kass - he has tight rhymes. he's way underrated.
2. Mad Skillz - like an eastcoast raskass. he's tight, but underrated.
3. Common - he's been on and off, but he can usually rip.
4. Canibus - most don't feel him. don't know why. he has skills.
5. Eminem - the white canibus. ya'll don't feel him either. he has skills.
6. Xzibit - i've always felt xzibit. his rhymes have always been tight.
7. Jay Z - he spits rhymes that are dope. but usually, he sounds the same.
8. Nas - his first album caught us by suprise. he can still drop tight rhymes.
9. Raekwon - overall tightest wu member. not my favorite though.
10.KRS - he spits tight lyrics, but that's it.

Alberto Martinez

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
GURU, Rakim, KRS-1, Common, and Q-Tip I agree with you on. However, Biggie is in
now way a great (or good ) lyricsit. His rhymes are one note and he really has
nothing to add that already hasn't been added. If he were still alive, he
probably would have fallen off two years ago.

Alberto Martinez

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Drama? More like disaster! Here goes:

drtywrm131 wrote:

> Okay this post is asking for drama.
>
> Here it goes. I am gonna do this quick cuz i gotta catch a plane, so the
> order may not be perfect.
>
> 1. B.I.G. - I love this man for puttin the East Coast back on top of the
> game. Although he only had 2 albums they are both must haves for any hiphop
> collection.

If he were still alive, he'd fall off two years ago. He was getting stale.

> 2. Jay-Z - I haven't seen him drop anything wack yet. I will admit his
> material is starting to get a lil repetetive but his wordplay and ability to
> make u feel it are on point.

"Can I get a Fuck you..", Jigga what", "It's a Hard Knock Life," Thse are the
songs of a good MC? No Way!! Jay-Z is crap!! Fuck him and his commercial ass.

> 3. Redman - Nobody wants to give this mic murdera his props he has
> consistenly created tight albums from day one and has not changed his style.

He's okay, but he's also gone commercial, too.

> 4. Nasty Nas - How could he not be on anyones list.

Not now he ain't. He's not only commercial, but a pale immitator of the rich
pimps/ bikini clad hoes that are ruining hip hop videos with its repetitiveness.

> 5. KRS - Although for me he has never created an album where every song was
> tight except for my philosophy, as an emcee he is complete. Battle,
> Freestyle, Performance.

That I can agree with.

> 6. Common - His albums provide me with the astonishing fact that, you aint
> gotta be thugged out to be off the hook! Consistent emcee

Consistent, real, tight, and glad he ain't mixed up with all this commercial
Puffy/ Master P/ Jay-Z/ DMX/ crap.

> 7. Big Daddy Kane - Many of you all may not remember Kanes lyrical weaponry,
> but he was an emcee that changed the game when he was spittin until he got
> too smooth. He still deserves mad props.

What has he done since "Ain't no Half Steppin?"

> 8. Big Pun - Before you judge, just ask yourself is Capital Punishment a
> classic or what?

He's just two footsteps away from cardiac arrest. he ain't a rapper, he's a
warehouse.

> 9. Eminem - Here is where i will get hate mail! Regardless of the fact that
> he is white, this kid sends chills through my body when i hear him spit, his
> wordplay is exciting and completely focused. And how many people are running
> around now rhyming in the style that he made popular.

It ain't that he's white, just that he's annoying.

> 10. Canibus - I know his album was wack and i know he hasn't done much but i
> would be terrified if i ever had to battle him. That is why i like him for
> his "up in your face" style of rhymin. And just like Eminem he sends a
> tingle through my brain when listening to him. (especially his mix-tape
> appearances)

Don't give Cannibus any credit. Without LL, nobody would care who he was. First
he disses LL and gets fighting tips from Mike Tyson of all people, then he does
a song about he's like "I Honor You." What kind of fake shit is that?

LstDonSldr

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
WHAT THE HELL? Not 1 person has put the Best Rapper Of All Time? 2Pac
what's that all about

Verbal

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
trying to set a definate rank of the top ten emcees of all time near
impossible, i gotta disagree with q tip and prodigy being on your list, but
really with tip because hes fallen waaaaaay the fuck off. anyo these are my
favorite emcees in no particular order

B.I.G.
Kool Keith
GZA
Canibus
KRS
Guru
Black Thought
Killah Priest
Jay Z

MAD MAX

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Every body list was okay (whoever put the blackthrought on their list
much respect) but how can ya'll sleep on 2Pac. I'm not trying 2 say he
was the best rapper but he had a big effect on rap music. He gave us
great song like "Changes, Dear mama, I ain't mad a cha, keep ya head up,
and etc. True he did attack big and other rappers but that just show how
real he was. A lot of rapper talk about shooting crooked cops, dissing
fake rappers, and etc. but 2pac was one of the few rap who actually can
say these thing happen 2 him. I'm not trying 2 say that made him a great
rapper i just pac kept that thug image real. speaking of that when pac
claim thug life early in his career people were like " why does he have
2 say that?" Now almost every rapper(mobb deep ,nore, c-murder, memphis
bleek and etc.) are claiming thug life in their music. I believe pac is
not the best rapper (rakim is) but he is one of the top ten rapper just
look at the effect he had on rap music after his death. MAD MAX

mi...@webtv.net

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
"How many rappers do you know like this?// Also claimin that they're riding but they really turn bitch// It don't make sense Either you're a soldier from the start// or an actor with a record deal tryin to play the part like dat"
~Xzibit

"Your index finger couldn't trigger a bottle of windex"
~Chino XL

"You must be lookin' somewhere else like biggie smalls lazy eye"
~Ras Kass

meenan

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
to Slim Shady

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Slim Shady wrote:

> Hi, i put a lot of thought into this and I think I have came up with the
> most accurate list ever created. Check it out:
> 1) Black Thought- No matter what you say, Black Thought is the best. He
> always comes with hot hot music to make us nod our heads and his lyrics are
> flawless. From Organix to The Roots Come Alive, Thought is the greatest so
> far.

While thought is damn nice, I wouldn't put him at #1--probably middle of
the top ten (5,6,7). He's never, to my knowledge, come weak, and he
has me rewindin a lot, but the best? I doubt it.

> 2) Guru- Sure, he would'nt be everything he is without that hot DJ Primier
> production behind his lyrics, but either way what he says is dope.
> Representin' for years kid.

what the fuck? I'm a huge GS fan, but there's a lot of MCs out there
that'll smoke Guru--I'd keep him in the top 25. While he brings wisdom
constantly, has he ever dropped a rhyme that was so technically (as in the
rhyme scheme) dope it had you buggin...I doubt it. definitely ill though.

> 3) Rakim- The God. Almost picked him #1. But na, 'cause he's not the best.
> You know that. Don't deny it. His new shit isn't very good either. He's a
> legend though.

You're under 21, aren't you? If you remember Ra's arrival (or at least
heard 'paid in full' within a year of it's release), you'd think a lil
differently, IMO. Before Rakim, MCing was just not the same. Ra brought
something completely new to the mic, and his lyricism and presence on wax
was undeniable. Number 1 no doubt, IMO.

> 4) KRS-1- Without a doubt the best battle rapper. A good MC all in all.

when describing KRS, "good" shouldn't come out of your mouth. How about
"sick", "deep," even "awe inspiring"? While many say he's number one,
I give rakim the nod, but it's close.
--another cat it helps to have heard years back. No doubt, thewre are MCs
out there with more technical skill, and better voices, but no one passes
Ra and KRs when it comes to influencing MCs, and hip-hop as whole.

> 5) Prodigy- Still young, he has great rhymes. This QB nigga can hang with
> the big dogs anyday. And anyone with the guts to fuck with Death Row gets
> points too. That Infamous nigga is nice, and he murdas his shit.

--again, WTF? Top 5? While i like prodigy (he was even on my top ten
about a year ago), this is absurd, IMO. Question, how many different
kinds of rhymes hae you heard him kick? Thug shit, pretty much
exclusively. While he's one of the best at that (next to Kool G
Rap--where's he on your list?), he doesn't do much else. Doesn't battle,
and gets personal mostly on teh thug tip. He's dope, but there are so
many that are better, IMO

> 6) Common- Almost put him higher. He's great, I know. I love Common like the
> next man. But he just hasn't had enough albums to prove new things to me.
> When his new shit drops, I'm sure he'll be in the top 5.

I put commmon at #3 now--he's definitely the best to arrive in the 90s,
IMO. wordplay, battle skills, introspection, and a 'fun' MC to listen to.

> 7) Biggie- With just two albums this cat is a legend. He spit pimpalystic
> rhymes about his hoes, grimy rhymes about murda, true rhymes about life.

--i just disagree with heads giving biggie this amount of props. He had a
dope record, and some versatility, but I just don't think if he was still
alive, heads would consider him one of the masters.

> 8) Mos Def- Maybe if he had slightly more to prove I'd put him higher. He's
> nice, don't get me wrong. He'll always be one of the best, amazingly with
> only one solo album. Oh yeah, go cop dat.

--this one's tough. I may agree, but I'd have to really rack my brain to
be sure. He's ill as fuck, but top 10? With just one solo record? I
guess I'd put him around here (maybe 9). I see him moving up as time
passes--I love this kid.

> 9) Andre' Of OutKast- Personally my favorite MC. I'm not gonna trip and say
> he's the best 'cause all the cats above him are better. He's my fav though,
> andto me every OutKast album so far was a classic.

--yeah, I'ma agree here (i think--i might move him down to ten).

> 10. Q-Tip- It seems as if he's fallen off the map since his days of early
> ATCQ, but he'll always be around. It's most likely that we've already heard
> his best, but only time will tell. "Vivrant Thing" was a disappointment to
> me, a true ATCQ fan. Damn, was he aiming for a hit. With ATCQ he never did
> that. Oh well.

Nah, I think q-tip is dope, but it's more his personality than his actual
skill. While this is a commendable trait, I wouldn't rank him this high.
But, we need some old NAtive Tongue shit on the list--so I'ma go w/
Posdnuos.

--I'd subtract biggie, tip, guru, and prodigy for sure.
I'd add pos, kool g rap, slug (from atmosphere--this kid is ridiculously
sick with words, voice, delivery, and versatility), and either Redman or
Del (probably redman right now, but Del should pass him soon). I didn't
put then in order because that would take careful scrutiny, and I haven't
updated my list in a while.
other favorites--Boots from the Coup, Lyrics Born (latyrx), tash, etc.

Jamal

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
1) Rakim
2) Prodigy & Havoc (equally good)
3) KRS-one
4)Kool G Rap
5)Biggie
6)Nasty Nas
7)Common
8)Guru
9) Big Daddy Kane
10) Redman
Honorable mentions: Capone-n-Noreaga, Large Professor, Jay-z, Pete Rock,
Rebel INS, Black Thought, Buckshot, Pharoahe Monch, Krumbsnatcha

BradChamp

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
>impossible, i gotta disagree with q tip and prodigy being on your list, but
>really with tip because hes fallen waaaaaay the fuck off. anyo thes

He'll always be a legend though...If anyone deserves to get paid it's him, and
I'm glad he's finally getting his due.. Even if he is putting out lower quality
music now, I can never dislike him because of the classic albums he's dorpped
in the past. He's the D'angelo of Hip Hop.

Kool

Oswald Defense Lawyer

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
What? No Big Daddy Kane? Unheard of now, but he was untouchable back then.

Slim Shady wrote:

> Hi, i put a lot of thought into this and I think I have came up with the
> most accurate list ever created. Check it out:
> 1) Black Thought- No matter what you say, Black Thought is the best. He
> always comes with hot hot music to make us nod our heads and his lyrics are
> flawless. From Organix to The Roots Come Alive, Thought is the greatest so
> far.

> 2) Guru- Sure, he would'nt be everything he is without that hot DJ Primier
> production behind his lyrics, but either way what he says is dope.
> Representin' for years kid.

> 3) Rakim- The God. Almost picked him #1. But na, 'cause he's not the best.
> You know that. Don't deny it. His new shit isn't very good either. He's a
> legend though.

> 4) KRS-1- Without a doubt the best battle rapper. A good MC all in all.

> 5) Prodigy- Still young, he has great rhymes. This QB nigga can hang with
> the big dogs anyday. And anyone with the guts to fuck with Death Row gets
> points too. That Infamous nigga is nice, and he murdas his shit.

> 6) Common- Almost put him higher. He's great, I know. I love Common like the
> next man. But he just hasn't had enough albums to prove new things to me.
> When his new shit drops, I'm sure he'll be in the top 5.

> 7) Biggie- With just two albums this cat is a legend. He spit pimpalystic
> rhymes about his hoes, grimy rhymes about murda, true rhymes about life.

> 8) Mos Def- Maybe if he had slightly more to prove I'd put him higher. He's
> nice, don't get me wrong. He'll always be one of the best, amazingly with
> only one solo album. Oh yeah, go cop dat.

> 9) Andre' Of OutKast- Personally my favorite MC. I'm not gonna trip and say
> he's the best 'cause all the cats above him are better. He's my fav though,
> andto me every OutKast album so far was a classic.

> 10. Q-Tip- It seems as if he's fallen off the map since his days of early
> ATCQ, but he'll always be around. It's most likely that we've already heard
> his best, but only time will tell. "Vivrant Thing" was a disappointment to
> me, a true ATCQ fan. Damn, was he aiming for a hit. With ATCQ he never did
> that. Oh well.

Kenneth Kaniff From Conneticut

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
>1) Black Thought-
Yeah, Black Thoughts my favorite rapper, but I would call him the best ever
until he releases a solo LP

"I'm just a mean person, you've never seen worse than, so when Slim get this
M-16 burstin', you gettin' spun backwards, like every word of obscene cursin'
on the b-side of my first single with the clean version!!" - Eminem on
OldWorldDisorder's "365"

Redeem

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
The two MC's that I 'rewind' the most are, Chino XL and Posdnous
I get more from these two cause I'm always rewinding to decipher their
lines......

......Redeem......

''I remove manholes at night with no sound,
check the next day who stayed underground ''

cory licorish

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
the quote below says it all

Common says:
Fuck a mic check, I bring my flow in cash.

MAD MAX

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
Q-TIP IS A NICE M.C. BUT I HAVE 2 DISAGREE WITH SOMETHING YOU SAID.
"Q-TIP DROP CLASSIC ALBUM" TRUE Q-TIP WAS IN ONE HIP HOP BEST GROUPS.
But he didn't drop does record alone there was 2 other members in the
group. MAD MAX

Dave

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
Hehe - the subject always makes me smile, as folk either tend to include
the dope rappers of the day and often blur the line between technical
brilliance and simply being seen as cool in the industry.

Of course, I am as biased as the next man but tend to veer towards the
87-92 period for most of my list.

In no particular order (and off the top of my head)

1 - Big Daddy Kane - My all time favorite MC, he had the image, the
style and the technical delivery to match.

2 - LL Cool J - A lot of you guys are forgetting how dope LL was back in
the day. At his best when delivering angry rhymes I don't think anyone
could really touch him in full flight (Check out It Gets No Rougher,
Rock The Bells (original) or To Da Break of Dawn for reference). Not so
good with his softer style though, sadly.

3 - Rakim - Definately up there. Paid in Full, Follow the Leader. Almost
hypnotic when he is on form.

4 - Grand Daddy I.U - Agree with the original poster here. Very, very
tight delivery, smooth style and fun to listen to.

5 - Chuck D - Perhaps too obvious for some, but technically he is
excellent. I thought he had lost some of this pin-point delivery on
recent PE albums but when he dropped 'Autobiography...' it showed him
back on form.

6 - KRS-One - Different from all the above as he utilises a different
style of rapping (offbeat) but still awesome.

7 - Nas - The first of the 'newer' MCs out there on my list, mainly for
'Illmatic' than anything else, he displays skills that indicates that he
could be Rakims natural successor.

8 - Chino XL - Just the one album, so need to hear more from him, but
suspect that he could well be one of the tightest MCs out there. Good
skills and entertaining too.

9 - Eminen - Same as for Chino really, There has been precious few white
MCs with any real technical skills (Pete Nice/Serch/Blade excepted) and
Eminem looks like the cream of the crop at the moment.

10 - Redman - Skills, skills and more skills. Not only technically
excellent but quite possibly one of the most CONSISTENT rappers on my
list.

There. I have probably forgotten loads of rappers who should be
included, but that gives you an idea of my top 10. Of course, I also
love less technically gifted rappers such as Busta, Too $hort, Rza
amongst others - these are just the ones I believe to be technically
superb.

As for 2-Pac?

I know it is probably not in line with general opinion but I felt on the
whole the man was overrated as a rapper. Yes, All Eyez on Me was a dope
album but he was far from tight technically (quite apart from his
multi-layered vocals sometimes becoming irritating on his early albums).
His rep only started to grow around the time of the 'Juice' movie - when
he made the transition from Digital Underground member to solo rapper
people were sleeping on him bigtime. I think it is the image and the
attitude of 2pac that people fell for, not his lyrical skills or
dexterity.

and Wu?

Nahhh. They TRY to sound so technical but I don't buy it. Their subject
matter is also stale and any originality seems to originate from the
Rza. The only member with true technical ability would be Method Man.
But thats only an OPINION ;)

D.

Bish...@webtv.net

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99

SeAn_...@webtv.net

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
1. 2pac - even if u dont like him 4 shyt he started that east west shyt.
he was still the greatest.

2. Nas/Rakim - its hard to make a choice between them for 2nd, even
though Rakim old school so he gonna get more respect.

3. Biggie - Even though he was a trend ..he was still the best of our
time ....though i feel if he didnt die he wouldnt have got as much
respect ...niggaz didnt call him the greatest until he died
4. Too Short - Str8 Pimp

5. Canibus - can be the greatest if he get his shyt together

6. NWA (as a group) - they started the rap most yall listening to now

7. DMX - i been listenin' to DMX since bout '93 so it aint going by his
Ruff Ryder shyt..and he was even better back then

8. Mystikal - This nigga could tear up any track

9. LL Cool J - reason i put LL here is cause he been here since the
begining and still put niggaz like canibus on his azz ...he do get a
lil' sweet sometimes ..but he still got skillz

10. Scarface - that nigga been doing his thing 4 years and still hard

A to the L

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
number 1 - spell SHIT with an I please

number 2 - your list is wack (Mystikal and DMX?)

number 3 - try 10-12 years for Scarface

PEACE

A to the L

<SeAn_...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Bish...@webtv.net

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99

Nefarious

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
okay... you know my shit... say it along with me

1. Kool Keith
2. Esham
3. Big Pun (out of nowhere, simply because he has the best rhyming
schemes I ever heard)
4. Kid Rock (loses rank for being commercial boy)
5. AMG (hatehatehate all you want, but IMO, BBHMM is a classic)
6. Sicx
7. E-40 (hatehatehate)
8. X-Raided (siccsiccsicc)
9. MC Ren (Shock of the Hour - Villian In Black... fuck that Ruthless
for Life crap)
10. Slick Rick (Behind Bars is a classic... flameflameflame)

Kazuya

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99

Nefarious <Nefar...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> okay... you know my shit... say it along with me
>

> 9. MC Ren (Shock of the Hour - Villian In Black... fuck that Ruthless
> for Life crap)

Hmmm... I thought I was the only one who liked "Shock of the Hour"... I
think I'll go listen to F what you heard and Shock of the Hour.
--
peace Kazuya

Kaz

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
Some of these choices are appauling, word up. I couldn't help but add my
two cents. Aight here's my top 5..

#1. Rakim- This is the closest to perfection on a microphone that
they'll ever be. His voice is so amazing and unique and stands apart
from any other emcee's. Rakim has an incredible flow and mic presence.
He's a pioneer of dope lyricism and literrally changed how emcees are
perceived. He made emceein' an artform with his lyrical mastery and
artistry. His rhymes will always stand the test of time. You can
literrally take many of the lyrics he wrote over a decade ago and
compare them to many of the emcee's rhyme who are out today and Ra's
will stand superior. He was truly before his time. Not too mention he
inspired me to write rhymes.

The next 4 are in no particular order.

Big Daddy Kane- Back in the day he was only second to Rakim. He had an
amazing swift flow and mic presence. Kane was very versatile as well. He
could spit ill battle rhymes, punchlines, or even be political. Kane was
very Narcisistic which was his downfall. He wanted to be a sex symbol on
the mic as well as a respected emcee but that didn't work and Kane fell
off fast. Too many damn love ballads hurt him as well.

GZA- this man is so underrated it's pitiful. Definitely one of the
dopest emcee's of the 90's. GZA has an incredible voice, mic presence,
and he's a dope lyricist. I think heads sleep on GZA because he's not as
forth comming with himself as many emcees are. GZA keeps a low profile
in the Clan and really doesn't get the true recognition he deserves

Biggie & Nas- I put these two together becuz both of them only had/has 1
classic album. "Life After Death" wasn't as good as "Ready To Die".
Unfortunately BIG passed before his time and really didn't have time to
solitify or sure up his legacy. He had an amazing flow, voice, and
lyrics. Nas on the other hand has "Illmatic" to his claim but that's it.
He's fallen off hard but for that brief moment he shined brightly on
"Illmatic".

"Those who can't see why my style is confusin' to cynics/ must be on
hallucinogenics/ like those judges who thought Holyfield wasn't losin'
to Lennox"

-Kaz

True080979

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
well, i gotta throw in my two cents.. these are my top 5 emcees all time,
most meaningful to me. If you don't know, I'm a young gun, listening since
barely high school. So if you don't see KRS One or Heavy D, its cus they aren't
what drove me to rap...

1 Nas
when he chooses to shine, he does. yeah, he got the jigginess in him now, but
you cannot deny the points he makes... classic jams like Street Dreams remix
with R Kelly, fast Life with Kool G Rap, Firm Biz Remix establish his
greatness, but seem to be forgotten.

2 Biggie
no one was able to capture both sentimenst , the street mentality and the
mainstream appeal at the same time... you want tight lyrics? listen to Juicy...
you want a dance beat? listen to Juicy... fella rocked the mic like no other...

3 Scarface
story teller that excels at his trade. fella is and artist with the mic, using
it as his bruch and his words as the pallete, using the music as his canvas...
beautiful imagery seldom found in many rappers today

I can't say who's the greatest ever, cus I when I listen to rappers in the
past... and anyone who says KRS is the best, suck a dick. Personally, he ain't
shit....

Mr. Bravo

www.mrbravo.8m.com

meenan

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
to True080979
yo, son....

>>>the past... and anyone who says KRS is the best, suck a dick.
I hate to judge someone by such arbitrary factors, but statements like
this illustrate how young you are (both physically and mentally). How are
you going to tell heads who respect an artist from a time obviously WAY
before yours to eat a dick. These are the same cats you should be
respecting, as they've experienced hip-hop in a way you haven't. It's all
good to give dap to those MCs you started out listening to, but to
renounce all others is absolutely moronic. Reasons like this are why
people like me have difficulty taking young heads too serioulsly (at least
until they've put a few years in). true, I wasn't in 123 park in the mid
'70s, catching Kool Herc, coke la rock, etc, but do you hear me say "suck
a dick. they ain't shit," to heads that were there and whose preferences
have developed from these experiences. In this culture, the motto 'each
one teach one' reigns, and if you refuse to be a student, you'll never be
abler to affectively teach (not to mention the value of your uneducated
opionions drop). I'm not telling you "like KRS's style, and think he's
the best." But, I expect more than pigheaded 'suck a dick'-style
ignorance from heads I respect.
--meenan

"I'm so ahead of my time, when i talk there's a seven second delay"
--wordsworth

True080979

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
>Subject: Re: 10 BEST MC's EVER - UNDISPUTED
>From: meenan mme...@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
>Date: Fri, 05 November 1999 01:37 PM EST

>I hate to judge someone by such arbitrary factors, but statements like
>this illustrate how young you are (both physically and mentally).

You know, in retrospect that statement was a little overstated, but I still
stand by it based on my listening experiences on KRS. Yes, he does have some
good tracks and can put out some thought provoking lyrics, but I PERSONALLY
think he's way over valued. Alot of cats constantly put him in the top three -
five cats in the game, but he has doen nothing to influence me. I have listened
to some of his albums and actually own two of them, and thats why I put a
judgement on him. I don't talk about anyone else because I have either listened
to theem (ATCQ is the essense of Hip Hop back then), am still evaluating them
(Rakim was no doubt a pioneer, but he's had his share of non choice cuts) or
haven't listened to them at all (UTFO, Big Daddy Kane, whoever) and thus dont
judge them. I have listened to KRS thoroughly and his music has done nothing
for me. Yeah, I am a young gun and still got a long way to go.
My statement was geared really towards heads who seem to put KRS on a
pesdestal and cast judgement on me because I don't respect him. I think I
should have put that in there to clarify my thoughts, that I am guilty of.
Perhaps, but I flt at that time I had to say it, so I stick by it. Kinda like
when someone says "Mase sucks dick" when to me Mase introduced me to the double
and triple end rhymes (yes folks he has them, and you can t front on the Mase
of old), but I ain't gonna diss them ... I guess I should have listened to my
own advice for once instead of that immature kid in me. I'll restate that
thought:

"KRS in my opinion is given far too much credit, and anyone who thinks
otherwise can enlighten me with facts on how he is a major influence in my
life..."

Thanks for setting me straight...

Mr. Bravo

www.mrbravo.8m.com

A to the L

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
Damn you are asking for flames with this post....

Ok here's some nice emcees for all you recently-turned-to-hiphop-heads....

1) Showbiz & AG - Runaway Slaves: One of the dopest 1st albums ever
made...that Represent joint with the whole DITC crew...off the hook!

2) Grand Daddy I.U. - One of THE best microphone poets....on a par with Kane
and Rakim (yes Rakim!). The Smooth Assassin....

3) Master Ace (not Masta Ase Inc) - Check this guy before he turned west
coast funkish. Take A Look Around and SlaughtaHouse are two of the best rap
albums EVER made....

4) Jungle Brothers - OK most people know these guys...but Done By The Forces
Of Nature is on a par with PE's It Takes A Nation for that political
think-about-it-type shit

5) Ultramagnetic MCS - The original blueprint for Wu-Tang. A whole squad of
ill emcees who talked some crazy bugged out shit. Anybody who hasn't heard
Ego Trip or Chorus Line and claims they are hiphop should be shot.

Now talk to me....

PEACE

A to the L

True080979 <true0...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I can't say who's the greatest ever, cus I when I listen to rappers in the
> past... and anyone who says KRS is the best, suck a dick. Personally, he
ain't
> shit....
>

> Mr. Bravo
>
> www.mrbravo.8m.com