Scared the #@%$ outta me!

Dino!

Feb 11, 1995, 2:23:20 AM2/11/95
>>>i still haven't figured out what it supposed to mean...
>
>>>anyone out there have any suggestions?...

It's just Rahzel (presumably) fucking about! As we all know kung-fu was a
cult thing back in the 80s (still is?) and therefore alot of artists
releasing shit today were exposed to it! You listen to that and he's doing
a kung-fu type thing!

*WHAM*
*BANG*
"arrrghhh!!!!!"
*THWAP*
"Damn you!
*WHAM*
"Hmm... Your kung-fu's pretty good!"
*THWAP*
etc.....

Note that he's doing the lot with his mouth! Actually I saw something
similar to this as I was passing by the T.V. about 2 weeks ago... There
was re-runs of the Cosby show (the series with them dancing around ballet
style in the opening credits....) Theo and two of his friends were heading
out to a kung-fu movie festival, at which point one of them leapt up and
for about the next two minutes did stuff like Rahzel was doing....

"Hmm-hmm! Mantis! I thought you were dead!"
*THWAP*
*POW*
"Hmm-hmm! You'll need to do better than that!"
*THWAP*
*WHAM*
etc.

If anyone else nows what I'm talking about you'll agree that it was
hilarious!
Dino!

Benjamin William Engel

Feb 11, 1995, 7:48:18 PM2/11/95
Yea i remember that shit. he was like movin his mouth and not
sayin anything, it was the funniest shit.

Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E.

Feb 13, 1995, 3:11:46 PM2/13/95
In article <3hc4qm$p...@usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, mlgs...@pitt.edu (Mitchell L Glucroft) writes:
> I was sitting in my room reading a magazine and listening to The Roots album.
> I just bought it today and I was finally listening to the whole thing.
> Anyway, I thought it was over and I was just sitting there reading in silence.
> Then all of a sudden I get the shit scared out of me by sounds coming from
> my CD player. I had thought the album was done and I hadn't realized that
> it was still silently going through the 16th track. Let me tell you I jumped
> in the air when it started playing again. Has anyone else noticed this little
> surprise at the end of the CD? Damn! A guy can get a heart attack from shit
> like that.

I wasn't really all that surprised... when you notice, on a system like
mine, that the disc is still running and the carousel hasn't switched to
the next disc, usually the artists is goofing around by recording sound at
the end of the last track on a disc and leaving a few minutes of blank
space. The Beastie Boys did it on the "So What Cha Want" 5" CD, and the
Beatnuts do it at the end of the "Street Level" CD.

* Steve 'Flash' Juon ** Funkmaster Flex and the Ghetto Celebs --- Ol Dirty *
* Box 2419, BVC ** "...I love rap, and rap loves me..." Bastard *
* 610 W 4th St ** *
* Storm Lake, IA 50588 ** http://library.uncc.edu/people/chris/hiphop.html *

Willie H. Freeman 3rd

Feb 13, 1995, 3:22:03 PM2/13/95
LET ME SAY THIS:

i DON'T HAVE ROOTS YET, BUT THE BEATNUTS' LAST TRACK IS FREAKY,

THE SONG IS 3:00 LONG...THEN COMES A 1:00 TRACK OF A FUNKY BEAT WITH
LAUGHING OVER IT...AND 2:00 OF SILENCE.

aFTER THAT, THERE COMES THIS LOUD-BEHIND BELCH.......GO FIGURE.

:Willie Freeman : "Styles come and go, but only skills remain..." :
: : -The Black Knight :
:University of :.......................................................:
:Central Florida: E-mail to wf8...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu :

Tyrone Mitchell

Feb 21, 1995, 9:35:56 AM2/21/95
Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E. (juonst...@bvc.edu) wrote:

: In article <3hc4qm$p...@usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, mlgs...@pitt.edu (Mitchell L Glucroft) writes:
: > I was sitting in my room reading a magazine and listening to The Roots album.
: > I just bought it today and I was finally listening to the whole thing.
: > Anyway, I thought it was over and I was just sitting there reading in silence.
: > Then all of a sudden I get the shit scared out of me by sounds coming from
: > my CD player. I had thought the album was done and I hadn't realized that
: > it was still silently going through the 16th track. Let me tell you I jumped
: > in the air when it started playing again. Has anyone else noticed this little
: > surprise at the end of the CD? Damn! A guy can get a heart attack from shit
: > like that.
: >
: I wasn't really all that surprised... when you notice, on a system like
: mine, that the disc is still running and the carousel hasn't switched to
: the next disc, usually the artists is goofing around by recording sound at
: the end of the last track on a disc and leaving a few minutes of blank
: space. The Beastie Boys did it on the "So What Cha Want" 5" CD, and the
: Beatnuts do it at the end of the "Street Level" CD.

Very true...still It scared the hell outta me too. You wait and wait
for the burp to come alng at the end of "Psycho Dwarf" and it seems
like forever...then when you're about to give up bracing
yourself...BOOM!

I do hafta admit that it was extremely funny the first time I heard
the Kung-Fu skit after "The Unlocking." Are there more examples of
little surprises like these at the end of an album than the ones just
mentioned?

Tyrone Mitchell Computer Engineering Syracuse University
tsmi...@mailbox.syr.edu tsmi...@neptune.ece.syr.edu

I'm prepared for emergencies but totally unprepared for everyday life.

Christopher D. Billups Jr.

Feb 21, 1995, 7:44:49 PM2/21/95

--
Christopher Billups Jr. "Always calm under presure, no need to act ill,
gt0...@prism.gatech.edu listen when I tell you boy, you gots to chill"

Robin L. Gibson

Feb 22, 1995, 1:33:03 PM2/22/95

In a previous article, tsmi...@mailbox.syr.edu (Tyrone Mitchell) says:

>Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E. (juonst...@bvc.edu) wrote:

>: In article <3hc4qm$p...@usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, mlgs...@pitt.edu (Mitchell L Glucroft) writes:
>: > I was sitting in my room reading a magazine and listening to The Roots album.
>: > I just bought it today and I was finally listening to the whole thing.
>: > Anyway, I thought it was over and I was just sitting there reading in silence.
>: > Then all of a sudden I get the shit scared out of me by sounds coming from
>: > my CD player. I had thought the album was done and I hadn't realized that
>: > it was still silently going through the 16th track. Let me tell you I jumped
>: > in the air when it started playing again. Has anyone else noticed this little
>: > surprise at the end of the CD? Damn! A guy can get a heart attack from shit
>: > like that.
>: >
>: I wasn't really all that surprised... when you notice, on a system like
>: mine, that the disc is still running and the carousel hasn't switched to
>: the next disc, usually the artists is goofing around by recording sound at
>: the end of the last track on a disc and leaving a few minutes of blank
>: space. The Beastie Boys did it on the "So What Cha Want" 5" CD, and the
>: Beatnuts do it at the end of the "Street Level" CD.
>

>Very true...still It scared the hell outta me too. You wait and wait
>for the burp to come alng at the end of "Psycho Dwarf" and it seems
>like forever...then when you're about to give up bracing
>yourself...BOOM!
>
>I do hafta admit that it was extremely funny the first time I heard
>the Kung-Fu skit after "The Unlocking." Are there more examples of
>little surprises like these at the end of an album than the ones just
>mentioned?
>
>--
>Tyrone Mitchell Computer Engineering Syracuse University
>tsmi...@mailbox.syr.edu tsmi...@neptune.ece.syr.edu
>
> I'm prepared for emergencies but totally unprepared for everyday life.

I got one but it's at the beginning. On Public Enemy's Muse Sick In Hour
Mess Age(the CD), if you reverse past the first track(about 1:25), there is
Chuck D on the mike talking isht. Nothing fancy, but if you don't know it's
there..........

Jeff Gibson

Dino!

Feb 23, 1995, 1:15:27 AM2/23/95
In article <3ictoc$m...@newstand.syr.edu>, tsmi...@mailbox.syr.edu (Tyrone
Mitchell) wrote:

> I do hafta admit that it was extremely funny the first time I heard
> the Kung-Fu skit after "The Unlocking." Are there more examples of
> little surprises like these at the end of an album than the ones just
> mentioned?

I heard one on Japanese artists Scha Dara Parr's (yep, the guys who are on
"Buhloone Mindstate" with Tagaki Khan or whoevers,) album "Wild Fancy
Alliance". The disc spins after the last track for about 45 seconds and
then this guy makes two grunting sounds followed by the words "CD Tomare!"
This translates to "Stop the CD!" Pretty damn funny really!
Dino!

wl-che...@society.com

Feb 27, 1995, 4:19:28 PM2/27/95

I had the Same Thing Happen with a Beastie Boys CD Single I had Bought I
let it go and Was Almost Asleep when about 2 Min after the song was over
on the Last Track this thing Blared "Your Stupid, You Sleep Late It's
Much Easier on your Constitution", It Sacred me So Much I thought
Someone was In my Room!!!

---
Sent via WorldLink on 02/26/95 at 12:39:34.
From: Afterlife
Sacramento, CA
Sac's friendliest ADULT place

Willie H. Freeman 3rd

Mar 3, 1995, 1:28:25 PM3/3/95
The roots got karate madness at the end of their CD I found last night