Common vs Cube

Jason Michael Rzepka

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

How did this shit start with Common Sence and Ice Cube? I used to love
Ice Cube when death certificate came out, and I liked all his albums all
the way up until Leathal Injection. But him vs Common in a battle? Or
to compare their levels of skill? Common Sence would run lyrical circles
around Cube. Ever since this west side, mack 10, bow down bull shit has
started I have lost all faith in cube. Common Sence is in an elite group
of skilled rappers on the hip hop scene that includes Q tip, Jeru, Malik
B, and Pos of de la. He is finally putting the chi (my home town) on the
map, which has been severely needed since the beginning of hip hop.
Common Sence is a lyrical poet and for anyone to say that he is jacking
beats is just crazy. Listen to I used to love her on his second album
"ressurection". That song is a piece of hip hop art. I hope he blows up
with his next album, but I hope they don't play that shit on MTV because
main stream america will play him out like they did the Fugees. What I'm
trying to say is that Common Sence is the shit and he can't be compared
to Ice Cube, period. Email me if you want to vibe on this subject.

"chicago get the party live"-common

ph

kari orr

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

In article <52h2o0$f...@uwm.edu>, r...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (Jason Michael Rzepka) says:

>How did this shit start with Common Sence and Ice Cube?

when common basically said hip hop changed for the worse after
boyz n the hood and the whole nwa came out, cube took that personally.

if you think about it, how could you percieve it any other way.
although com, trys to play it off, once said it's said.

cube came back on slaughta house for a couple of lines, and tried
to diss com.

and then com came back with a real battle record called the bitch in yoo.

to be honest i can see where cube is coming from, although, he really
couldn't compete with com, when it would come to a battle. now if someone
like ras kass who is heavily influenced by Ice Cube would come with a
west up record, we would have a real battle.

but it's not going to happen.

k. orr
house of phat beats

StyleS

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96

kari orr wrote:

> In article <52h2o0$f...@uwm.edu>, r...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (Jason Michael Rzepka) says:
> >
> >How did this shit start with Common Sence and Ice Cube?
>
> when common basically said hip hop changed for the worse after
> boyz n the hood and the whole nwa came out, cube took that personally.

Okay but what did Cube do/say after Common said this?

Malik

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

kari orr wrote:

> In article <52h2o0$f...@uwm.edu>, r...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu (Jason Michael Rzepka) says:
> >
> >How did this shit start with Common Sence and Ice Cube?
>
> when common basically said hip hop changed for the worse after
> boyz n the hood and the whole nwa came out, cube took that personally.
>
> if you think about it, how could you percieve it any other way.
> although com, trys to play it off, once said it's said.
>
> cube came back on slaughta house for a couple of lines, and tried
> to diss com.
>
> and then com came back with a real battle record called the bitch in yoo.
>
> to be honest i can see where cube is coming from, although, he really
> couldn't compete with com, when it would come to a battle.

no chance at all...someone told me Cube came back at Com in a relpy to
Bitch In You...have not heard anything else on it...just more gimmicks
and Cube tryin to save what credibility he has left

now if someone
> like ras kass who is heavily influenced by Ice Cube would come with a
> west up record, we would have a real battle.

Ras is infulenced by Cube...in what way?

> but it's not going to happen.

nope...because Ras sees hip-hop as universal...just like every other
underground MC in the the world

Malik

BLAC KING1

Oct 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/2/96

Cube is not trying to see NO PART OF COMMON. That would be lyrical
suicide