Rap Dictionary

Patrick Atoon

May 3, 1993, 12:33:12 PM5/3/93
Here I am again. Thanks for all the replies and contributions that I got
on the initial posting. I have taken them and added them to, or merged
them with the previous list. Where possible I have added quotes from songs.
You will find a lot of question marks, though. If you know more about
those statements, or if you know a (perhaps better) quote for anything,
please mail me about it. I'll add it to the next version. The same goes
for new meanings, or improvements on old meanings. New words are always
welcome; I see very little "old school" words, like "biting".

If you are asking the question, "Why this list?", let me quote T-Dub on
that one:

> If anything, people should be giving props to
>*anyone* who takes time out and tries to understand what they are
>hearing and what the rappers are trying to say. That's called learning
>and getting educated. It is also what some many 'real' rap fans
>complaining about too; people just listening to a song and not knowing
>what is going on. Just listening because it is cool. If more people
>took the time to understand the things they don't, perhaps there would
>be more 'real' rap fans instead of all these phonies running around
>with the flyest gear, etc. because it is down.
>
> T-Dub
> SHYGUY Productions

No need to make this post longer than necessary, so here it goes:

----------- The Totally Unofficial Rap Dictionary -----------

This Rap Dictionary is not intended to show the only correct spelling
of words; slang is mostly a spoken language an noone exactly how to
spell things. I have followed the English rules, writing out words
fully. Most verbs are usually written differently, though. Take for
example "cruising", which will usually be spelled like "cruisin'",
or "brother" which is often seen as "brotha". Some starting with an
`f' are often written with `ph', like "phat" or "phunky". And what to
think of a thing like "Doowutchalike"?

Where possible I have added a source in the form "<line>" -- <artist>
(<song>). Note the _a_, I don't mean _the_ source, since that would
take ages of debating. ;-)

Wherever you encounter "(?)" I am not sure about whatever I am saying there.
"???" means that I don't have that particular piece of information. If you
know more than I, please let me know.

(n) - noun
(v) - verb
(adj) - adjective

1555 (n) The year the first slaveships arrived in America(?)
187 (n) Police-code for homicide. "187" -- Snoop Doggy Dog (The Chronicle).
22 (n) .22 inch calibre gun (an uzi?)
40 (n) A 40-ounce bottle of malt liquor.
411 (n) Information, from the US phone number for information.
5 0 1) (n) A police officer, from the series Hawaii Five-O.
2) (n) A 5.0 liter Ford Mustang, which is used as a police vehicle
in some areas.
5000 A farewell bidding, from "I'm outta here", which evolved to
"I'm Audi", and to "5000" after the Audi 5000 car, which got
recalled and is a rare sight nowadays.
9, 9mm (n) 9 mm calibre gun. "My nine is easy to load" -- L.L. Cool J.
(Mama said knock you out)
911 (n) The US phone number for emergencies. "911's a joke" -- Public Enemy
(911 is a joke)
AK, AK-47
(n) Russian assualt rifle. "My AK-47 is the tool" -- Da Lench Mob
(Freedom got an AK)
all that
(adj) in posession of all good qualities.
alpine (n) Stereo.
being [down] with something
(v) Favouring something, thinking the same way.
bitch 1) (n) Prostitute; girls call each other "What's up, bitch?" Doesn't
necessarily have to be negative. Doesn't have to mean females either.
"Cause some of y'all niggas is bitches too" -- Ice T (Bitches 2)
2) (v) To curse or nag about something.
bite (v) To copy lyrics from other people. "I know you down south are
biting my lines, and if I catch you boy, your ass is mine" --
Schoolly D. (Gucci time)
booty 1) (adj) Not good, lacking. "The beat was fly, but them lyrics were
booty" -- ??? (???).
2) (n) Bottom.
break to
(v) transport onesself to, often quickly.
brother (n) Man of the same group; friend. In the Bible you will read
"brethern", which is used in the same meaning.
bucket (n) Old car in bad shape.
buddy (n) Penis. ??? -- De La Soul (???)
bunk (adj) Unpleasant, bad.
butt 1) (n) Bottom.
2) (adj) Not good, lacking.
-cha You. "I'm comin' to getcha" -- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha)
chill 1) (n) Relax.
2) (adj) Mellow.
clip (n) Gun or holder of bullets to load a gun with.
cock 1) (n) Penis.
2) (n) Vagina. "She was giving up the cock" -- Ice Cube (Gangsta's
Fairytale)
coochie (n) Vagina.
cool (adj) Okay.
coqui 900
(n) A drink of some kind. ("Coqui 900" -- Schoolly D.)
crib (n) Home.
crack a brew
(v) Open a beer. "Crack another 40, smoke some kill" -- Schoolly D.
(Smoke some kill)
cruising
(v) Driving around, preferably showing off your car.
dis (v) Insult or thwart in a social manner.
do 1) (n) Hairdo.
2) (v) Having sex.
3) (v) Killing someone.
dope 1) (n) Narcotics.
2) (adj) Great, addictive.
dopeman (n) Seller of narcotics. "If you see somebody getting pussy for
crack, he's the dopeman, dopeman" -- N.W.A. (Tha Dopeman)
draws (n) Pants, underpants.
drive-by
(n) A gang form of execution; armed with guns they drive by their
victims, take a shot at them, and drive off.
duckets (n) Money, from "ducats": coins.
fag (n) Homosexual man. "...and I thought it was a gag, when I thought it
was a girl, it was nothing but a fag" -- Schoolly D. (Saturday night).
fat (adj) Really good, extremely well put together. "ATCQ be putting
together some fat beats" -- ??? (???)
fly (adj) Attractive.
freak 1) (v) dance in a provocative way.
2) (v) have sex.
front (v) Pretend to be that which you are not.
funk (adj) malodorous.
G 1) (n) Anything that starts with a G. E.g. God, Gangsta, Girl, Guy.
As in "Whatup, G?".
2) (v) To have sexual intercourse. E.g. Sir Mix-a-Lot's self titled
EP has a song called "Let's G".
gaming (v) Wooing. "Cause I'm gamin' on a female that's gamin' on me" --
N.W.A. (???).
gangsta 1) (n) A gangster or criminal.
2a) (adj) In the way of a gangster.
2b) (adj) A style of rap that evolved in South Central, Los Angeles.
get busy
(v) Have sex.
get head/skull
(v) Receive fellatio.
giving head/skull
(v) Giving fellatio.
gloc (n) Manufacturer of guns. People usually mean the 9mm gloc, which can
hold up to 19 rounds. The gun is made of platic and keramic, so it has
a futuristic `feel' to it.
guard your grill
(v) Protect yourself.
hoe (n) Hooker, prostitute. "She's just another hoe, according to the
system" -- KRS-One (???).
homey (n) Close friend. "But I wish he could have said it to my dead homey"
-- Ice Cube (Dead Homiez).
hood (n) The neighbourhood, usually a poor community.
hoodlum (n) A criminal; drugdealer, car thief, stick up kid.
hooptie (n) Old car in bad shape.
jenny (n) Vagina.
jimmy (n) Penis.
jimmy hat/cap
(n) Condom.
[kitty] cat
(n) Vagina.
key (n) Kilo, often used in conjuction with cocaine.
knocking boots
(v) To have sexual intercourse.
knuckle up
(v) Prepare to fight.
lowriding
(v) Adjusting the suspension of a car to get it closer to the
ground. Since it is illegal to drive that way, people have systems
installed that can alter the height of the car instantaneously.
mad (adj) Extremely, very, a large quantity. "His jeep was pumpin' mad
bass" -- ???
malcolm (n) Malcolm X. Radical civil rights activist leader.(?)
MLK (n) Martin Luther King, civil rights leader, shot in '69.(?)
money (n) See brother, nigga.
nigga (n) Curseword used originally by white people, taken over by black
people as a name to show their proudness, and take off the edge;
positive: "my nigga": my friend. "I don't want to be called yo nigga"
-- Public Enemy (Yo nigga).
O.G. 1) (n) Original gangster. "O.G. Original Gangster" -- Ice T.
2) (adj) True; original.
old school
(n) See school.
O.P.P. 1) (n) Other people's pussy.
2) (n) Other people's penis.
3) (n) Other people's property.
papes/papers
(n) Money. "...and we're getting papers, three months later we run our
own caper" -- KRS One (Love's gonna getcha).
PE (n) Public Enemy
peeling caps (v)
Killing someone by shooting him.
phat (adj) Great, addictive.
pie (n) Vagina.
pig (n) Police officer
props (n) As in "The show is on props": the show is great, it gets
my full respect.
Queens (n) New York district. RUN-DMC are often referred to as the Kings
from Queens.
rock 1) (v) Crack
2) (v) To have sexual intercourse.
school (n) The groups in specific era of rap. There are quite a few schools,
and there are many definitions of them. Let's see if we can come to
a good definition, since these are probably wrong:

The Old School - Includes the start and the of rap, and the
begin. Ranges from about 1976(?) (Kurtis Blow(?)) to 1987(?).

The New (or Now) School - The middle; rap matures. Public
Enemy's second album "It takes a nation of millions to hold
us back" is probably the start of this era. Ranges from
1987(?) to 1990(?).

The Next School - Everything past the New School. Groups
in this school can hardly be put together, since there is
much variation. In this school rap is getting exploited
commercially on a big scale.

selling out
(n) Doing something purely for the financial gain, Selling your soul.
"Did Ice Cube sell out? You say hell no!" -- Ice Cube (???).
sister (n) Woman of the same group; friend.
sleep [on]
(v) Ignore.
smoke (v) Killing someone.
spliff (n) Marijuana cigarette.
spray (v) Firing a round of bullets. "Pulled out the uzi, cruised by and
sprayed him" -- Ice Cube (Gangsta's Fairytale).
step [off]
(v) Back away from a confrontation.
strapped
(adj) Rich.
thang (n) Thing; "your own thang": your own way
tripping
1) (v) Literally making a misstep, figuratively doing something wrong.
2) (v) Responding to the effects of narcotics.
uzi (n) Israelian semi-automatic gun
wack 1) (adj) Negative: crazy or weird.
2) (adj) Positive: extremely good.
wax (n) Record album(s). "And we put it on wax, it's the new style" --
Beastie Boys (The New Style).
wet (v) Kill someone. "Now I gotta wetcha" -- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha)
wild thing
(n) Sexual intercourse. "Hey you two, I was once like you and I loved
to do the wild thing" -- Tone Loc (Wild thing).
word Agreed.
y'all (n) Short for "you all". Also sometimes used for "you", singular.

TODO:
Etymology of the words is often missing yet very interesting, just
like a quote from a song that uses a word. Too many questionmarks.

Words:
gat
glock
herbalz ("Herbalz in my mouth" -- 3rd Bass)
mackin'
MC
peckerwood
kill ("Crack another 40, smoke some kill" -- Schoolly D.)

Please help making this list more complete. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Greetings,

Patrick | "If black and white didn't argue the most,
patr...@cs.kun.nl | they could clearly see the government screwing up both"
| - KRS-One, Boogie Down Productions

TechnoDan

May 3, 1993, 8:41:57 PM5/3/93
>freak 1) (v) dance in a provocative way.
> 2) (v) have sex.

I've heard this used as a noun more than anything. I guess it would
in this case just be a person who does the above.

>front (v) Pretend to be that which you are not.

Specifically just trying to act tough.

"foul" was conspicious by its absence. Obviouslly it just means
bad, usually in refernce to a person's behavior.

"Giving up the nappy dugout" should be somewhere... Dont ask me where!

>hoe (n) Hooker, prostitute. "She's just another hoe, according to the
> system" -- KRS-One (???).

See bitch, ho is used in as great a variety of ways.

>rock 1) (v) Crack
> 2) (v) To have sexual intercourse.

Honorable mention to In Living Color, and the frequent "Ill rock your
world" refs. Eww that guy is an ugly chick, eh?

>school (n) The groups in specific era of rap. There are quite a few schools,
> and there are many definitions of them. Let's see if we can come to
> a good definition, since these are probably wrong:
> The Old School - Includes the start and the of rap, and the
> begin. Ranges from about 1976(?) (Kurtis Blow(?)) to 1987(?).
> The New (or Now) School - The middle; rap matures. Public
> Enemy's second album "It takes a nation of millions to hold
> us back" is probably the start of this era. Ranges from
> 1987(?) to 1990(?).
> The Next School - Everything past the New School. Groups
> in this school can hardly be put together, since there is
> much variation. In this school rap is getting exploited
> commercially on a big scale.

Hmm, thats new, never heard that term before. I guess I'm young,
I'd include almost anything from the 80's as 'old school'. But
like you said, theres alot of variation in this, no consensus.

>step [off]
> (v) Back away from a confrontation.

Hmm... "step" has been used in other ways. Certain kind of popular
dancing nowadays is called steppin.

>strapped
> (adj) Rich.

Havent I heard this used to mean 'packin', as in carrying a gun.
Come to think of it, I didnt see 'packin' in the dictionary. Is it
considered too mainstream to be needed in the dictonary? I doubt
there's anyone that DOESNT know what packin means.

>wack 1) (adj) Negative: crazy or weird.
> 2) (adj) Positive: extremely good.

I always get confused when people use this to mean positive. Oh
well, I'm easily confused.

>wet (v) Kill someone. "Now I gotta wetcha" -- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha)

I suppose the etymology of this is that your are wetting the person's
clothing with they're own blood?

>word Agreed.

I always explained this to my friend to be the equivalent of saying:
"Those words are enlightened." Heheh....... Well, I thought I as funny.

> mackin'

This definately needs to be included. When I hear it used, it's meant
picking up women, flirting and talking with them, etc.

--
-Dan DuBois dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

"I don't charge by the inch
I charge by the foot...." - AMG

James Trammell

May 4, 1993, 12:40:39 AM5/4/93

I agree with someone else who posted a few weeks ago that treating the
phrases found in rap music like the flavor fad of the month is
offensive. A lot of these phrases are part of the African American
community and existed before the advent of hip-hop. But I
also agree with T-Dub that at least some people on this net are genuinely
interested in understanding what the rappers are saying, and as a result
find the definitions useful. Either way the damn thing is floating all
over the Internet anyway. So it is now my duty to correct what I think
are a few minor mistakes.

> No need to make this post longer than necessary, so here it goes:
>

> 22 (n) .22 inch calibre gun (an uzi?)

Just say ".22 calibre gun". I don;t know what calibre Uzi's are, but I
doubt it's .22

> 9, 9mm (n) 9 mm calibre gun. "My nine is easy to load" -- L.L. Cool J.

Just say "9 mm gun".

> AK, AK-47
> (n) Russian assualt rifle. "My AK-47 is the tool" -- Da Lench Mob
> (Freedom got an AK)

I thinks AK-47's are Chinese, not Russian.

> draws (n) Pants, underpants.

Actually its "drawers".

> MLK (n) Martin Luther King, civil rights leader, shot in '69.(?)

Nope. April 4, 1968.

> peeling caps (v)
> Killing someone by shooting him.

Shots to the head often disfigure it in such a way that the cranuim is
"peeled back".

> strapped
> (adj) Rich.

More likely armed.

> TODO:
> Etymology of the words is often missing yet very interesting, just
> like a quote from a song that uses a word. Too many questionmarks.
>
> Words:
> gat

I think the origin of this word is related to Gatling, inventor of an early
machine gun.

> glock

I thing Glock or Gloc is a gun maker.

> herbalz ("Herbalz in my mouth" -- 3rd Bass)
> mackin'

This is purely African American culture here. This phrase existed before
rap. A "Mack" is a pimp. Macking is being a pimp. If you don't know what
a pimp is then forget it. A "Mack Daddy" is a well respected pimp. Don't
ask me whay some preteens like Kriss Kross call themselves Macks, but they
do get a lot of girls swooning over them...

> MC

Master of Ceremonies.

> peckerwood

Please! Whats this doing here? It means penis, but...

____ ____
| \ / | ____________________________________________________________
| |\ \/ /| | James Trammell University of Michigan
| | \ / | | tram...@engin.umich.edu
| | \/ | | ____________________________________________________________
|___| |___|

Robin L. Gibson

May 4, 1993, 8:37:29 AM5/4/93

In a previous article, tram...@impulse.engin.umich.edu (James Trammell) says:

>> No need to make this post longer than necessary, so here it goes:
>>

>> draws (n) Pants, underpants.
>
>Actually its "drawers".

I have yet to hear someone in the hood say it this way. DRAWZ is more like it...

>> peckerwood
>
>Please! Whats this doing here? It means penis, but...

PECKER, maybe, but I've always known "peckerwood" to refer to red necks...

Robin
--
Robin L. Gibson gib...@email.ncsc.navy.mil
Gibson...@lanmail.ncsc.navy.mil

Patrick Atoon

May 4, 1993, 4:37:03 AM5/4/93
TechnoDan (dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu) asked:

>Come to think of it, I didnt see 'packin' in the dictionary. Is it
>considered too mainstream to be needed in the dictonary? I doubt
>there's anyone that DOESNT know what packin means.

I happen to know what packin' means, but I don't know if it is safe
to think that everyone knows what it means. Even the most basic,
everyday words could use some explaining to a foreigner. Take for
example Compton. So, to me, there is no _too_ mainstream. If you
send me a word you miss, I'll add it, because if you miss it, some
other people are probably missing it as well.

>-Dan DuBois dmd3...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

Greetings,

Patrick

Paul Harvey

May 4, 1993, 2:33:15 PM5/4/93
In article <C6GLz...@sci.kun.nl> patr...@sci.kun.nl (Patrick Atoon) writes:
>(n) - noun
>(v) - verb
>(adj) - adjective

Of course, in slang or dialects, the grammer is not strongly typed, i.e.
nouns can be verbs can be adjectives etc.

>booty 1) (adj) Not good, lacking. "The beat was fly, but them lyrics were
> booty" -- ??? (???).
> 2) (n) Bottom.

Biblical. As in pirate's booty or treasure. Sexual ability or talent.
Since booty is stolen treasure, it could be good or it could be bad.
Seems like it's used mostly in the negative today.

>break to
> (v) transport onesself to, often quickly.

Break would be a significant word in hip-hop vocabulary. The Biblical
term would be "selah." Comes from music, "on the break", but for hip-hop
refers to the break in the record that is created by the DJ. "Beats and breaks."

>buddy (n) Penis. ??? -- De La Soul (???)

Sexual partner. A bit more than just a friend.

>bunk (adj) Unpleasant, bad.

A load of bunk.

>fat (adj) Really good, extremely well put together. "ATCQ be putting
> together some fat beats" -- ??? (???)

Rich like butter.

>funk (adj) malodorous.

The essence of being, as in faking the funk.

>gaming (v) Wooing. "Cause I'm gamin' on a female that's gamin' on me" --
> N.W.A. (???).

In the game, whatever the game might be. A game is some way to make
money or advance oneself or just a game.

>guard your grill
> (v) Protect yourself.

Think of the sunday barbeque.

>knocking boots

> (v) To have sexual intercourse.

Boots from booty.

>malcolm (n) Malcolm X. Radical civil rights activist leader.(?)

>MLK (n) Martin Luther King, civil rights leader, shot in '69.(?)

Hmm, I don't know about calling Malcolm X radical. Malcolm X represented the
largely urban North, MLK the largely rural South.

>props (n) As in "The show is on props": the show is great, it gets
> my full respect.

Stage term. A show sits on physical props and non-physical props. At an
award ceremony, the winner gives props: "And I would like to thank ..."

>rock 1) (v) Crack
> 2) (v) To have sexual intercourse.

Biblical. Alcatraz, Jamaica ...

> The New (or Now) School - The middle; rap matures. Public
> Enemy's second album "It takes a nation of millions to hold
> us back" is probably the start of this era. Ranges from
> 1987(?) to 1990(?).

I thought RUN-DMC started this?

>spliff (n) Marijuana cigarette.

Jamaican.

>strapped
> (adj) Rich.

Strapped in. Armed.

>word Agreed.

Biblical (John1:1). "logos." Truth.

> gat

gun, maybe from gatling gun.

> mackin'

The Mack, an early 70's Blacksploitation film shot in Oakland, CA.

> MC

Probably Jamaican, in which case it comes from the TV game shows, Master
of Ceremonies. Could also be Mike Controller. In Jamaican ska era, 60's,
a DJ would spin and cut the wax and an MC would sing or shout or dub
poet over it. That's the roots of hip-hop which were brought to NYC by
Kool DJ Herc, but hip-hop or rap was created in NYC.

R. Wagner

May 4, 1993, 3:03:06 PM5/4/93
patr...@sci.kun.nl (Patrick Atoon) writes:
>22 (n) .22 inch calibre gun (an uzi?)
It's .22 calibre (that means .22 inch diameter) and an uzi is a 9mm.

> (n) Russian assualt rifle. "My AK-47 is the tool" -- Da Lench Mob
> (Freedom got an AK)

Someone else said they thought AK's were Chinese, actually they were originally
Russian, but most were made in China (cheap labor).

>gloc (n) Manufacturer of guns. People usually mean the 9mm gloc, which can
> hold up to 19 rounds. The gun is made of platic and keramic, so it has
> a futuristic `feel' to it.

When someone sez "Glock 9" the 9 is the model number ( there is also the Glock
7 etc.) The big deal about the ceramic constuction is that is Doesn't set
off metal detectors.

>uzi (n) Israelian semi-automatic gun

It's just Israeli, and the Uzi is fully automatic.

>Please help making this list more complete. Your help is greatly appreciated.

>Greetings,

>Patrick | "If black and white didn't argue the most,
>patr...@cs.kun.nl | they could clearly see the government screwing up both"
> | - KRS-One, Boogie Down Productions

That concludes todays lesson on guns and their rap names.
Ray.

TechnoDan

May 4, 1993, 8:44:40 PM5/4/93
pha...@quack.kfu.com (Paul Harvey) writes:

>Of course, in slang or dialects, the grammer is not strongly typed, i.e.
>nouns can be verbs can be adjectives etc.

>>booty 1) (adj) Not good, lacking. "The beat was fly, but them lyrics were
>> booty" -- ??? (???).
>> 2) (n) Bottom.

>Biblical. As in pirate's booty or treasure. Sexual ability or talent.
>Since booty is stolen treasure, it could be good or it could be bad.
>Seems like it's used mostly in the negative today.

O cmon, do you think that's how the word got into hip-hop? It
means/meant butt! The evolution into 'something bad' from 'butt'
makes ALOT more sense than the evolution into 'something bad'
from 'stolen pirates treasure.'

Ha Li

May 4, 1993, 11:12:52 PM5/4/93
> crwg...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (R. Wagner) writes:

>When someone sez "Glock 9" the 9 is the model number ( there is also the Glock
>7 etc.) The big deal about the ceramic constuction is that is Doesn't set
>off metal detectors.

Glock 19 and Glock 17 are the more common model numbers (both of which are 9mm).

However, the polymer (not ceramic) used in the Glock does have a substance
deliberately imbedded in it which CAN be detected. The metal parts in
the receiver, of course, would always be detected.

The anti-gun media would've liked everyone to believe the Glock is a
"plastic gun" for airport terrorists and played up this myth.

-Dave

CiderMan

May 5, 1993, 6:27:58 AM5/5/93
>> hold up to 19 rounds. The gun is made of platic and keramic, so it has
>> a futuristic `feel' to it.
>7 etc.) The big deal about the ceramic constuction is that is Doesn't set
>off metal detectors.

and it's "invisible" to security x-ray checks...

Morten Hoff

May 5, 1993, 8:08:20 AM5/5/93
In article <1s4s47...@srvr1.engin.umich.edu>, tram...@impulse.engin.umich.edu (James Trammell) writes:

[lots of stuff deleted]

|> > AK, AK-47
|> > (n) Russian assualt rifle. "My AK-47 is the tool" -- Da Lench Mob
|> > (Freedom got an AK)
|>
|> I thinks AK-47's are Chinese, not Russian.

They were originally designed and produced in the USSR, but most of the AK's
around the world today are made in China.

[more stuff deleted]

|> ____ ____
|> | \ / | ____________________________________________________________
|> | |\ \/ /| | James Trammell University of Michigan
|> |___| |___|

Morten Hoff

Mike Bowen

May 7, 1993, 8:08:20 AM5/7/93
missin a few pieces...

cap (n) bullet
dime (v) fink, rat,
freak (n) sexually agressive female (never missin a beat)
jet (v) leave
jack (v) to rob someone face to face (unlike a b&e)
lampin' (v) you have to ask flav what the hell this means
ill (v) to ack wack as in eat dog food
jimbrowsky (n) penis
jim hat (n) condom
skins (n) women? sex?
bozack, 'zack (n) ??? (ask q tip)
'fess (v) confess? punk out?

let's not forget rap geography

farmers blvd
around the way
noble street
the avenue of linden

mbo...@panix.com 'oodles of os ya know'

Mike Bowen

May 7, 1993, 8:25:47 AM5/7/93
stunt (n) a sexual act
(n) a women who performs stunts
honey (n) woman, generally attractive
grip (n) ability on the mike
skills (n) ability on the mike; general ability
bone (v) to knock it
blunt (n) spliff extroardinaire, an herb stuffed cigar, generally phillies
blunted (v) (guess)
rush (v) bogard, physically assault
show & prove (v) demonstrate
cypher (n) a circle of brothers droppin science, showin & provin

Greg Skinner

May 7, 1993, 3:35:09 PM5/7/93
In article <C6noD...@panix.com> mbo...@panix.com (Mike Bowen) writes:
>let's not forget rap geography

>farmers blvd
>around the way
>noble street
>the avenue of linden

jamaica funk, that's what it is ...

James Trammell

May 7, 1993, 5:12:09 PM5/7/93

In article <C6noD...@panix.com>, mbo...@panix.com (Mike Bowen) writes:

> let's not forget rap geography
>
> farmers blvd
> around the way
> noble street
> the avenue of linden
>

> mbo...@panix.com 'oodles of os ya know'

You forgot the Albee Square Mall and the Felt Forum.

nina kristie di maio

May 7, 1993, 5:40:38 PM5/7/93

union square-kid n play
moneyearnin mount vernon-shabazz, 4th ave, 3rd st-one of the worst corners in
mount vernon-hood hang out, dealers, addicts and shabazz-betty shabazz ownes a
very small fast food place-heavy d
pete rock and cl smooth-77 hillside strait up columbus hill make a left, in
mount vernon, thats a steep a*s hill, used to have to run it durin track
practice
yonkers high school, mount vernon high school, new rochelle high school
all hs in lower westchester county-rough house survivrs
mount vernon and yonkers and the bronx are all next to each other
new rochelle-niru-is about a mile from da vernon
the whitestone-movie theater in the bronx-diamond d
bay plaza-movie theater in the bronx-nice and smooth
all i could think of
peace and knowledge
-hoodie

Nnonyelum L. Morah

May 7, 1993, 7:00:18 PM5/7/93

In a previous article, nk...@quads.uchicago.edu (nina kristie di maio) says:

>mount vernon-hood hang out, dealers, addicts and shabazz-betty shabazz ownes a
>very small fast food place-heavy d

did you say that dr. betty shabazz, malcolm's widow, owns a fast food
restaurant? isn't she a professor at medgar evers college in new york?
--
"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of free
people. A nation does not have to be cruel in order to be tough."