Is Rakim the RZA?!

Tek

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
>Hey,
> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
>Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
>producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

I am not going to answer just to see what other people say to you. One piece of advice, be ready for a lot of responses... ;)

-tek

R-D

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96
to k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz

K Oteng-Amoako wrote:

> Hey,
> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
> Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
> producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

Ummm, let me see...should I let you have it or......do I ignore this
shi...maybe I should just...wait a minute, o.k. I see your from New Zealand
and your probably like 15 years old so I'll go easy and walk you through
this. (read this imagining me talking as sarcastically as possible)

o.k.

1. Rakim Allah and the RZA are *NOT* the same person.
2. Rakim Allah is a rapper. (top 3 in history, depending on the individ.)
3. Eric B. was the producer/d.j for Eric B and Rakim (Allah)
4. the RZA is a producer/rapper for the Wu Tang, Gravediggaz and produces mad
solo joints.
5. By the time the RZA had anything out, Eric B and Rakim(Allah) already had
like 4 albums out.
6. Eric B. was haging out with KRS-one doin jams back when the RZA was in
like junior high. (RZA is 26 now)

Man I can't do this anymore. Anyone want to finish?

R-D

Benjamin Gottlieb

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

In <3216FB...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> K Oteng-Amoako

<k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

>Hey,
> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is
the same
>Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
>producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!
No, the rakim of the Wu Tang Clan is Prince Rakeem, not Rakim of Eric
B. fame.

Barry B-Real Gottlieb

K Oteng-Amoako

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

RONALD TOWNSEND

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96
to k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz

Where the hell you been.... Hell no! Listen to those weak tracks on Rakims album
(even though the lyrics are tight) and listen to the raw tracks on any Wu album and
you can't even compare. Peace.

Edward Wong

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

:
: Ummm, let me see...should I let you have it or......do I ignore this
: shi...maybe I should just...wait a minute, o.k. I see your from New Zealand
: and your probably like 15 years old so I'll go easy and walk you through
: this. (read this imagining me talking as sarcastically as possible)

Hey, while the original post was kinda stupid, the responses so far missed
the most basic point. Guy simply mistook RAKIM for RAKEEM, which is an
honest mistake for foreign accents I guess. Go and poke fun at
whatever else you want, but I don't suggest getting too deep into dis mode
- I mean, at least the guy acknowledges that both have "mad skillz" - try
building from there.

Regards,
Merc

Marcus / Chris

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96
to K Oteng-Amoako

On Sun, 18 Aug 1996, K Oteng-Amoako wrote:

> Hey,

> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
> Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
> producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

RZA = Prince Rakeem

Chris aka Menace of Mercy

John Book

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

No no no no no!

Rakim from Eric B & Rakim is Rakim.

The RZA has also used the name Prince Rakeem.

It is confusing, considering the fact that MTV (as a big ass example)
continue to say Rakim's name as "rakeem".

Since there is also a Rahiem as well, that makes things worse.

JOHN BOOK
all roads lead to wu!
pullin' no tricks in '96
i got shtyles, kid

peep the U-WU Home Page
http://pages.prodigy.com/WA/methtical/uniqueason.html

Moneim Eltohami

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

>Hey,
> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
>Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
>producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

Hahaha,
this hilarious piece gets my vote for "funniest post of
the month.

Christina Hsu

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

>Hey,
> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is
the same
>Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
>producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

Well no,

The Wu-tang producer, RZA, was formerly known as Prince RAKEEM, he was
on tommy boy records with a single called "ooh we love you rakeem" which
was about in his own words "baggin' bitches"
on the b-side was a cut called "deadly venoms" which had a wu-tang mix
which i'd imagine the first sighting of the Wu in the industry....

Rakim-Allah, the god, the fame rapper from Eric B & Rakim....a hall of
fame emcee....is not the same....personally his name should speak for
itself....and incidentally, i don't believe that he is a
producer...perhaps he co-produced cuts in his days but not producer...

there's your answer from,

Martay, the hip-hop wiz

check for:

Reign of Terror "No One is Safe" LP ROTc Records

Shamus "Big Willie Style/Try 2C Loot" Bahari Records

Martay "GroundView" EP ROTc Records

'96 and beyond

Kevan Schanberger

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Tek wrote:

> K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> >Hey,
> > I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
> >Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
> >producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

OK because u are from New Zealand and New Zealand is time zones away
from Hip Hop's Mecca I will tell you that NO they are NOT the same. Why?
There is RZA Aka Prince Rakeem the producer and there is Rakim who is an
MC.
Tiamat

dch...@azstarnet.com

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <3216FB...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
>From: K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
>Subject: Is Rakim the RZA?!
>Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 23:15:07 +1200

>Hey,
> I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
>Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
>producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

I don't know. I was kind of wondering about that myself...they sound so much
alike! Here are some facts I bet you didn't know...MC Lyte used to be in JJ
Fad. Treach from Naughty By Nature is also known as Craig Mack. O'Shea
Jackson was the fifth member of the Jackson 5, and had a sex change when she
was 12, and grew up to be Ice Cube. Just some hard-core facts here from...

Ryland

ice...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

No, first of all, there's Rakim, of Eric B and Rakim fame, and then
there's Prince Rakeem A.K.A. The RZA. Though their names may be simalar
in pronunciation, they're not the same person. I don't know very much
about Rakim, but I DO know that Rakeem released a single entitled "Ooooh,
we love you Rakeem" in 1991, i believe. That was his first appearance,
and it flopped. Then he came back in the Wu-Tang Clan. But Rakim and
Rakeem are NOT the same.

Hope I've been helpful.

Jesse A McDonald

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

: >Hey,

: > I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
: >Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
: >producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

: I don't know. I was kind of wondering about that myself...they sound so much
: alike! Here are some facts I bet you didn't know...MC Lyte used to be in JJ
: Fad. Treach from Naughty By Nature is also known as Craig Mack. O'Shea
: Jackson was the fifth member of the Jackson 5, and had a sex change when she
: was 12, and grew up to be Ice Cube. Just some hard-core facts here from...

: Ryland

This isn't really hip hop related, but did you know that before
they were The Beatles, John, Paul, George & Ringo were known as "Ace Of
Base"? They released one 13" single, "I Like To Move It" on Uruguay's Death
Row Records in 1822, which enjoyed worldwide sales of fewer than three
copies. The reason I bring that up is that the B-side track, "Cop
Killer", featured guest production from both the above mentioned Rakim/RZA
and Simon & Garfunkel's DJ Premier.

--
/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
Jesse McDonald http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ad309

Ryan Burgess

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

dch...@azstarnet.com wrote:

> In article <3216FB...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
> >From: K Oteng-Amoako <k.oteng...@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
> >Subject: Is Rakim the RZA?!
> >Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 23:15:07 +1200
>
> >Hey,
> > I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
> >Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
> >producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!
>
> I don't know. I was kind of wondering about that myself...they sound so much
> alike! Here are some facts I bet you didn't know...MC Lyte used to be in JJ
> Fad. Treach from Naughty By Nature is also known as Craig Mack. O'Shea
> Jackson was the fifth member of the Jackson 5, and had a sex change when she
> was 12, and grew up to be Ice Cube. Just some hard-core facts here from...
>
> Ryland
Yes the RZA is Rakeem or Rakim or Prince Rakim he's the one WE LOVE YOU
RAKIM.

Yes once and for all the President of the WU is Rakim the RZA

Jesse A McDonald

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

: Yes the RZA is Rakeem or Rakim or Prince Rakim he's the one WE LOVE YOU

: RAKIM.
: Yes once and for all the President of the WU is Rakim the RZA

Wanna know how wrong you are? Pretty damn wrong.

Moneim Eltohami

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

ad...@ccn.cs.dal.ca (Jesse A McDonald) wrote:

>: >Hey,

>: > I was sort of wondering if Rakim for Eric B. amd Rakim fame is the same
>: >Rakim who now produces for the Wu Tang Clan. I know that they are both
>: >producers and they both have mad skillz so are they one and the same?!

>: I don't know. I was kind of wondering about that myself...they sound so much
>: alike! Here are some facts I bet you didn't know...MC Lyte used to be in JJ
>: Fad. Treach from Naughty By Nature is also known as Craig Mack. O'Shea
>: Jackson was the fifth member of the Jackson 5, and had a sex change when she
>: was 12, and grew up to be Ice Cube. Just some hard-core facts here from...

>: Ryland

> This isn't really hip hop related, but did you know that before
>they were The Beatles, John, Paul, George & Ringo were known as "Ace Of
>Base"? They released one 13" single, "I Like To Move It" on Uruguay's Death
>Row Records in 1822, which enjoyed worldwide sales of fewer than three
>copies. The reason I bring that up is that the B-side track, "Cop
>Killer", featured guest production from both the above mentioned Rakim/RZA
>and Simon & Garfunkel's DJ Premier.

Aren't both tracks on the compilation album that also has

a) Sonny/Cher/2Pac/Biggie: "I shot you babe"

and

b)that classic EPMD cut "I shot the sheriff" back from the days
when Eric Clapton was still their 3rd member

Andy Garcia

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

This is some of the funniest shit I have read in a longtime.

Chuck MacDougal

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

>: Yes the RZA is Rakeem or Rakim or Prince Rakim he's the one WE LOVE YOU
>: RAKIM.
>: Yes once and for all the President of the WU is Rakim the RZA

What the hell are you talking about? Rakeem is Rza, not Rakim. There 2
totally different fucking people.

lr...@epix.net

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

hahahahhhahahhahah..what the hell is everyone talking about?
did i miss sumthin?

Moneim Eltohami

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96

ara...@usa.pipeline.com(Chuck MacDougal) wrote:

Hahaha, I really start loving this thread.
First headz were ripping this poor fool's head for asking, telling
him that they are two different persons. Then the topic got kinda
lost and people were writing all kinds of funny bullshit about
mistaken identities.
Now people re-discovered the original post and start going wild...
AGAIN. This thread is on some eternal shit.

Jesse A McDonald

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

[...]

Yeah! (good picking up on the sample source, a lot of folks think
they sampled Bob Marley) There are a few poor cuts on that record, like
Chill Willy Ray Cypress' hip hop / traditional fiddle fusion piece, "How
To Kill A Radio Consultant"... I just felt that Redman (from Goodie Mob)
could have tuned his guitar a little better before recording. But
overall, I recommend that album... "Songs That Never Happened And Never
Fucking Could" on Twilight Zone records...

--
/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
Jesse McDonald http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ad309

AKA Phatboy, AKA Phats, OO ad...@chebucto.ns.ca

Jesse A McDonald

Sep 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/8/96

Moneim Eltohami (mon...@zedat.fu-berlin.de) wrote:
: ara...@usa.pipeline.com(Chuck MacDougal) wrote:

Watch what happens next, folks is gonna start flaming you because
they think you're me! ^_^

Pascal Hoayek

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

mon...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Moneim Eltohami) writes:

>>>: Yes the RZA is Rakeem or Rakim or Prince Rakim he's the one WE LOVE YOU
>>>: RAKIM.
>>>: Yes once and for all the President of the WU is Rakim the RZA
>>
>>What the hell are you talking about? Rakeem is Rza, not Rakim. There 2
>>totally different fucking people.

>Hahaha, I really start loving this thread.
>First headz were ripping this poor fool's head for asking, telling
>him that they are two different persons. Then the topic got kinda
>lost and people were writing all kinds of funny bullshit about
>mistaken identities.
>Now people re-discovered the original post and start going wild...
>AGAIN. This thread is on some eternal shit.

And now i'll twist this thread even further and ask a Rakim related question.

Did Rakim ever cameo in a dancehall song called "Dem a murderer"?
I've got this tape that i taped off of a dancehall radio program here in
Sydney, and there's that afore mentioned song and a rapper who sounds alot like
Ra rips a verse. Even the lyrics sound like they're off one of his albums..
one line goes something like this "transportin' keys from across sea's.."
another line: "Blessed by the most high/Cursed by the lowest/used to think
fast, now thoughts travel the slowest."

Anyone out there that can help?
--
//\\ //\\ // //~ //\\ || "I haunt, if you want the style I posses, I
\\// // \\ \\ // // \\ || bless the child, the earth, the gods and

Salif Simfukwe

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96
to ph...@wumpus.its.uow.edu.au

You guys are lost. Rza is short for Rakeem Allah. Not Rakeem or Rakim from Eric B. joint. Alot
of brothas in Wu-Tang got like 3 or more aliases. Like Meth is Johnny Blaze. Genius is Gza.
GhostFace is Tony Starks and so on.Raekwon is the chef. It is kind of hard to keep up with
sometimes. Wu-Tang is the bomb though.

ww6...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2020, 12:22:35 AM8/19/20
Dont be a cunt