Mexico City subway overpass collapses, killing at least 23 and injuring dozens

1 view

Built By Union Drug Dealers!

May 4, 2021, 6:45:02 AM5/4/21
(CNN)An overpass carrying a subway train collapsed in Mexico
City late Monday, killing at least 23 people, including
children, according to local government officials.

At least 65 people have been hospitalized, seven of whom are in
serious condition, Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said.

The train was traveling on an elevated part of the city's rapid
transit system on the newest Line 12, also known as the Golden
Line, when part of the overpass collapsed onto traffic below,
Mexico's Secretariat of Risk Management and Civil Protection
said.

CCTV surveillance footage shows the moment the overpass
collapsed onto the street, sending up a cloud of dust and debris.

A portion of the overpass collapsed on the newest Line 12, also
known as the Golden Line.

The incident happened at 10:25 p.m. local time, according to
Mexico City's Interior Minister Alfonso Suarez Del Real.

Sheinbaum tweeted from the scene: "Firefighters, public safety
personnel are working. Various hospitals are serving. We will
give more information shortly."

The mayor said one survivor was trapped in a vehicle beneath the
rubble, but has since been freed. There were no other people
trapped, the mayor said.

Emergency personnel search for accident survivors after a raised
subway track collapsed on May 3 in Mexico City.

Rescue efforts were temporarily suspended earlier in the night
due to concerns over the stability of the subway car, which was
still dangling over the road.

Sheinbaum said 49 people had been transferred to hospitals,
seven of whom were in a serious condition. Minors were among the
dead, she said.

This is a developing story, more to come.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/americas/mexico-subway-collapse-
intl-hnk/index.html

Byker

May 4, 2021, 3:31:26 PM5/4/21
"Built By Union Drug Dealers!" wrote in message

> CCTV surveillance footage shows the moment the overpass collapsed onto the
> street, sending up a cloud of dust and debris.

Did it crash into or onto?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THHs-LTMN6M

23 fewer beaners to join "caravans" heading north...