Re: Bannon GUILTY!

1 view

governo...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2022, 7:28:29 PM7/22/22
On 22 Jul 2022, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com> posted some
news:2ECCK.163709$vZ1....@fx04.iad:

> "Bannon verdict: Former Trump strategist guilty of contempt of
> Congress"
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/07/22/bannon-janu
> ary-6-trial-friday/
>
> Well, that didn't take long.
>
> *LOCK HIM UP*

That's what we call a railroad.

"The defense, however, told jurors that "the entire foundation of the
government’s case rests" on the testimony of January 6th Committee staffer
Kristen Amerling."

"Corcoran told the jury that Amerling has an interest in the outcome of
the case. "She’s been doing committee work for Democrats for 20 years. She
has a relationship with one of the prosecutors on the case, Mrs. Gaston.
It goes back 15 years. She’s contributed her own money to Democratic
causes.""

Corcoran also told reminded the jury about testimony that Amerling and
Gaston had a relationship outside of work, as members of the same book
club. Corcoran also told the jury politics are at play in this case.

"Prosecution has to be based on unbiased neutral evidence, politics can
play no role, and Steve Bannon is innocent," he said.

Steven M. D’Antuono, assistant director in charge of the FBI Washington
field office said that subpoenas are "critical in our system of
government."

"The tenets of our government rely upon citizens adhering to the
established rules of law. Lawful tools, such as subpoenas and other legal
orders, are critical in our system of government," D’Antuono said. "Mr.
Bannon was found guilty of contempt by a jury of his peers for his choice
to ignore a lawful subpoena. The FBI will continue our sworn duty to
investigate those who have committed violations of our laws and hold them
accountable for their actions."

Unless their name is Clinton or Obama, then we close our eyes and look the
other way.