VERONICA FM AT WAR! please read

FMVERONICA

May 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/14/99
Legal action against the company Veronica FM------by Veronica Kits!

Hello Everybody

What I have to say here is important to the LPFM communities. It is necessarily
quite a long letter.
My name is Stephen Moss and I own the FM transmitter manufacturing company
VERONICA FM. I have received a letter instructing me to close this company down
and cease all manufacturing of FM transmitters. This letter came from legal
advisors acting on behalf of another company known as Veronica Kits, now owned
by one Paul Hollings.

Now, this letter states that confusion exists about Veronica and that YOU are
confused as to where Veronica FM products originate. The letter also states
that I can avoid legal action by immediately closing down the business and
putting our employees on the dole.

IF THERE IS CONFUSION, THEN HERE ARE THE FACTS

1. I, Stephen Moss, actually formed the company "Veronica FM" officially in
1987 with my business partner Christine. This business sold (and still does
sell) 88 - 108 MHz FM transmitters and link systems to the UK and Ireland
markets. Back then, a young Paul Hollings paid us frequent visits and we let
him freely use our facilities to further his electronic knowledge.

2. VERONICA FM has continued trading up to the present day with the goal of
providing affordable FM transmitter systems for low power community radio
stations. Many people in the UK and Ireland have got to know me personally over
the years and I would welcome their input on this matter.

3. VERONICA KITS was formed in 1996 and it's goal was to provide high quality
transmitter kits. I, Stephen Moss, funded the start-up cost in it's entirety.
Paul Hollings contributed no capital whatsoever, even though we started the new
business as 50/50 partners. I kept my own company, Veronica FM operating, as a
safeguard to prop up Veronica Kits, as was often required.

4. Paul Hollings assured me at the outset of his commitment to the new
business and that with my RF knowledge and his computer experience, Veronica
Kits would be a high performance company. This commitment lasted 12 months and
Veronica Kits became a respected supplier of transmitter kits. Apart from 2
items (power amps), all the products sold by Veronica Kits used circuits
designed by me, years ago.

5. Unfortunately, the commitment and hard work from Paul Hollings ground to a
halt. All growth just stopped and long overdue product improvement was not
happening. I can honestly say, that as a business partner, Paul Hollings'
performance deteriorated to rock bottom. I decided I did not want to be held
back due to this person. That is why, 7 months ago, I gave him a months notice
and then I walked away from the place. I just let him have the lot for free,
because to me it was worthless. I was finished with Veronica Kits and put all
my energy into the original transmitter company, Veronica FM.

Right, that is the history of the two companies. In the last 7 months I have
significantly upgraded the whole range of transmitter kits to give better
performance and incorporate the improvements that customers asked for. I have a
new website called Veronica FM Online and you can see the results for yourself.
I am very disappointed that Mr Hollings thinks that legal action (instead of
hard work) can let him have something I started in 1987. I can prove that all
the designs that I say are mine, actually are my creations. If they are not my
design and I sell the products, I clearly state whose designs they are.

Obviously, our new Veronica FM website has seriously upset Mr Hollings. Well, I
can say to him, that the new site, and all the products on it follow 7 months
of seriously hard work. Now, I suggest, that instead of running to his
solicitor, it would look a lot better if Paul Hollings actually put some effort
into improving his own business, rather than complaining, like a spoilt child,
about us. For example, does he know there may be a breach of trade descriptions
act by advertising non existent 100 watt, 150 watt transmitters and 220 watt rf
power amps. Just try ordering one and you will see what I mean.
I consider it extremely important to give 100 per cent commitment to improving
product quality/performance and value for money.

My company details are:
Veronica FM officially trading since April 1987
www.veronicafm.co.uk

his company details are:
Veronica Kits officially trading since Sept.1996
www.veronica.co.uk

Finally I thank all our customers who have supported Veronica FM over the last
12 years and beyond.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I will keep you informed.

S J Moss

Radioman27

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
someone has got to change names!

FMVERONICA

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
<someone has got to change names>

Well actually, Radioman, just changing names won't be enough. I am supposed to
hand over all company stock, remove the website, destroy all advertising
literature, supply all customer names and addresses to Paul Hollings at
Veronica Kits. Also we have to undertake never to make a transmitter again. If
Veronica FM does all this within 7 days, then the kind Mr Hollings says he will
not sue for damages.

Stephen

http://www.veronicafm.co.uk

info

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
just for the record. Steve (VERONICAFM not kits) is and always has been
the real veronica in the uk. they are his designs and he has been around
for over 10 years in the uk, and thats coming from a competitor and
friend
broadcast warehouse

In article <19990515135317...@ng-fk1.aol.com>, FMVERONICA
<fmver...@aol.com> writes

--
www.broadcast-warehouse.com

imahumanra...@my-dejanews.com

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
WOW!
A FREE stereo coder with the purchase of the new and improved 1 Watt
PLL... what a great deal!!!

Martin Spencer

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99

I don't know the guy but if your report of what he has threatened
is accurate, why don't you just ignore him? Tosspots like that
usually dry up and blow away eventually. He wouldn't have a hope
in court.

Cheers,

Martin.

=======

geoffm

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
I'll second that.. I remember the Heights broadcasts from
years ago. "Come on and sail away..."

g.

Lee Evans Freelance Media

May 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/22/99