1930s RADIO BROADCASTS for BARNEY'S NEW YORK - Question

Michelle S

Mar 21, 2016, 11:33:49 PM3/21/16
Dear OTR Group,

I am working on a BARNEYS NEW YORK documentary. I am trying to find ANY radio advertisements from the 1930s for BARNEY'S or BARNEYS NEW YORK. The apostrophe was dropped in 1981.

Barney's sponsored one of the the thousands of radio broadcast's of the LINDBERGH KIDNAPPING TRIAL. I know The Paley Center has the only copy in existence of the WNH Samuel Leibowitz broadcasts. Would anyone know if this particular broadcast is the one BARNEY'S sponsored and are the ads in the broadcast? Not seeing any mention of any ads in the Paley Center database for BARNEY'S or BARNEYS NEW YORK.

Also, Barney's sponsored Irish Jig Music on Irish radio stations. I do believe this was in the 1930s as well. I have no idea what the stations were. Any leads to anything would be fantastic and much appreciated.

Many thanks,

--
Michelle Sullivan
Violet Planet Productions