Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Short wave radio Jazz stations ??

閲覧: 211 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Spitfiremk9

未読、
2003/08/29 9:59:222003/08/29
To:
I would like to pick up Radio Cuba or stations from Brazil.

Any station playing Jazz etc etc.

Does anybody know any frequencies in the short wave bands
and what time they broadcast so they can be heard from the UK ?

Thanks for any help!

Kristoff Bonne

未読、
2003/08/29 10:10:232003/08/29
To:
Greetings,

Op Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:59:22 -0700, schreef Spitfiremk9:

> I would like to pick up Radio Cuba or stations from Brazil.
> Any station playing Jazz etc etc.

I know RCI (Radio Canada International) sometimes broadcasts CBC jazz
programs on their satellite channels (on eutelsat hotbird).
But I doubt they transmit these programs on SW.

Perhaps on VOA?

> Does anybody know any frequencies in the short wave bands
> and what time they broadcast so they can be heard from the UK ?

I don't know if you have a satellite-dish; but you can pick up quite a few
full-time jazzstation via satellite over Europe (7 in total, the last time
I checked).

> Thanks for any help!
Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Kristoff Bonne, Bredene
[nl] [fr] [en] [de]

DAB sounds worse than FM

未読、
2003/08/29 10:36:022003/08/29
To:
Spitfiremk9 wrote:
> I would like to pick up Radio Cuba or stations from Brazil.

Radio Cuba is available via the Internet but seems to be off-air, or just
not streaming at the moment, see:

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?s=Cuba&numresult=25
http://www.radiocuba.net/

> Any station playing Jazz etc etc.

There's loads of jazz internet radio stations, see:

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Jazz
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Latin
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Swing
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Big%20Band
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Classic
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Smooth
http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Acid%20Jazz

For good audio quality you will need a broadband internet connection and go
for any station that uses bit rates of 128kbps or higher. But if you only
have a 56k modem then there's still loads of stations that you can receive
but the audio quality won't be very good.

--
DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable --
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/

BBC DAB is a national disgrace
Subscribe for free to the Digital Radio Listeners' Group Newsletter

Radiohead

未読、
2003/08/29 10:48:042003/08/29

"Spitfiremk9" <museum...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Here are the frequencies for Radio Habana Cuba:

http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions/freqtable.html

The following is an excellent site for finding online stations and their
websites. There are loads of stations from Brazil, you'll have to plough
through their websites to see if any transmit on shortwave:

http://www.live-radio.net/ww_ac.shtml#brazil

or you can just enjoy them online!

If the above link doesn't work go to www.live-radio.net and navigate from
there.

Richard L.

未読、
2003/08/29 12:05:522003/08/29
To:
In message <cae7e1.030829...@posting.google.com>
museum...@my-deja.com (Spitfiremk9) wrote:

Sounds to me as though you need either http://www.wrth.com/ or
http://www.passband.com/ -- both are very recommendable.

Richard L.
--

Warpcore

未読、
2003/08/29 12:35:212003/08/29
To:
Radio Nacional da Amazonia also called Radio Nacional from Brasilia in the
evenings periodically plays some nice stuff. 11.780 Mhz coming in nicely in
Washington state around 5 pm pdt (01:00 utc

"Richard L." <use...@nospamwireless.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

N8KDV

未読、
2003/08/29 12:42:352003/08/29

Warpcore wrote:

> Radio Nacional da Amazonia also called Radio Nacional from Brasilia in the
> evenings periodically plays some nice stuff. 11.780 Mhz coming in nicely in
> Washington state around 5 pm pdt (01:00 utc

Uh, 5 pm PDT would be 0000 hours UTC...

Warpcore

未読、
2003/08/29 13:11:532003/08/29
To:
I never claimed to be a mathematician LOL.

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

Martin

未読、
2003/08/29 13:53:272003/08/29
To:
Kristoff Bonne wrote:

> I don't know if you have a satellite-dish; but you can pick up quite a few
> full-time jazzstation via satellite over Europe (7 in total, the last time
> I checked).

Hi Kristoff,

The ones I know of on 13E / 19E / 28E are: Paris Jazz, Jazz Radio Berlin,
Swiss Jazz. There's UK Jazz FM of course (don't like that much!) plus a
Nederlands Jazz FM if I remember correctly. Can you remember what else is
out there?

Thanks!

- Martin.

Kristoff Bonne

未読、
2003/08/29 14:35:512003/08/29
To:
Gegroet,

Op Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:53:27 +0100, schreef Martin:

>> I don't know if you have a satellite-dish; but you can pick up quite a few
>> full-time jazzstation via satellite over Europe (7 in total, the last time
>> I checked).

> The ones I know of on 13E / 19E / 28E are: Paris Jazz, Jazz Radio Berlin,

> Swiss Jazz. There's UK Jazz FM of course (don't like that much!) plus a
> Nederlands Jazz FM if I remember correctly. Can you remember what else is
> out there?

OK. Let's see:
- On astra 19.2, you've got two: Paris Jazz and TSF Jazz.
- The same for hotbird: Jazz Radio Berlin (I do like this one) and Swiss
Jazz.
- On Astra 2, there's Jazz FM UK
- There's RIFF on worldspace (which is pretty good too).

- And on 1W, there's jazz radio Bulgaria (it's on the Eastern-European beam of
the thor 3; so reception in the UK might be quite difficult, but reception
with a 80 cm dish is possible here in Belgium).

Next to that; there's also a Hungarian "jazz FM" on the eastern-European
beam of Amos 1 (at 4W). But that one is impossible to receive in our
regions.

So; that's actually 8 in total! ;-)

> - Martin.

Mike Terry

未読、
2003/08/29 18:02:192003/08/29
To:
This from
http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions/hist-eng.html its rather political and
anti-US as you would expect but they do play good music as well.

Radio Havana Cuba, the first Cuban international shortwave radio station,
was officially inaugurated on May 1, 1961. Born as an alternative to
international news agencies and stations that distort the image of the
island's revolutionary process, since its founding, Radio Havana Cuba has
been an authentic Cuban voice devoted to broadcasting the island's social,
economy and political panorama.

It broadcast to the world accurate and timely information on the Bay of Pigs
invasion in April of that year, perpetrated by US-trained mercenaries. That
US aggression was repelled by the Cuban people in less than 72 hours.

In view of international news agencies' silence on US-backed aggressions, on
April 16th, 1961 speaking at the funeral of the victims of US bombings on
Cuban airports, Cuban President Fidel Castro said: "Do they really believe
they will be able to hide it from the world? ... No, Cuba already has a
radio station which is broadcasting to all Latin America, and this is being
heard by innumerable brothers and sisters in Latin America and the world
over." This was the station's introduction to the world.

The Cuban radio station has grown in its more than 35 years, and its voice
can be picked up today in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and beyond.
Its language has also become universal. From two hours of transmissions in
Spanish and English when it began, it currently broadcasts 30 hours daily in
Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Creole, Arabic, Guarani and Quechua,
and two and a half additional hours in Esperanto on Sundays.

Radio Havana Cuba's programming deals with a wide range of issues on the
Cuban and international scenes and it has reached its peak with coverage of
such events as the Malvinas conflict, the US invasions of the Dominican
Republic, Grenada and Panama and the international campaign for the release
of South African leader Nelson Mandela. Radio Havana Cuba offered an
alternative view on the Gulf War and was rewarded with the attention of
thousands of listeners from around the world.

At this moment, RHC has become an indispensable source of information on the
process of economic reforms taking place in Cuba and on the island's dynamic
social and political scenario brought to listeners in the voices of the
newsmakers themselves: high ranking government officials, foreign investors,
members of cooperatives, workers, campesinos and the self-employed, among
others.

Our P.O Box 6240 in Havana receives thousands of letters from all over the
world every year, which are answered one by one by our Correspondence
Department.

For some, Cuba is simply news, but for others it is a friend in the
Caribbean. Radio Havana Cuba's programming is both, reporting with integrity
and honesty all issues it tackles.

For all these reasons we invite you to tune in to the alternative signal of
Radio Havana Cuba, the friendly voice that tours the world.

Radio Havana Cuba, English Department, P.O. Box 6240 - Havana, Cuba
Telephone: 53-7-814243 Fax: 53-7-812927
E-Mail: r...@radiohc.org WWW: http://www.radiohc.org

Beloved Leader

未読、
2003/08/29 18:03:312003/08/29
To:
museum...@my-deja.com (Spitfiremk9) wrote in message news:<cae7e1.030829...@posting.google.com>...

> Any station playing Jazz etc etc.

Voice of Russia.

http://www.vor.ru/ep.html

Warpcore

未読、
2003/08/29 18:33:312003/08/29
To:
The Czech people are jazz lovers, as are the Dutch. Both countries have
decent broadcasts. You might inquire of them via email whether they have or
plan to have jazz brodcasts - can't hurt <S>.

"Beloved Leader" <Kim_J...@volcanomail.com> wrote in message

Mike Terry

未読、
2003/08/29 18:39:432003/08/29
To:
The VOA Jazz Hour with Willis Conover was superb, he is dead now but you may
be able to find recordings on the net.

Mike

Beloved Leader

未読、
2003/08/29 22:16:092003/08/29
To:
"Mike Terry" <mike...@ukrivals.net> wrote in message news:<bioknf$b9k$1...@titan.btinternet.com>...

> The VOA Jazz Hour with Willis Conover was superb,...

Gratuitous link to an article about jazz in Washington DC in the
fifties in which Willis Conover is mentioned:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/archives/cover/2003/cover0808.html

The group's high profile was also in part due to the presence of
Conover, who agreed to "present" THE Orchestra. Conover's show, on
WMAL AM, had made jazz converts of countless listeners; he had
impeccable taste, employed artful segues of classic and modern jazz,
and didn't affect any pseudo-hip slang. And he seduced his audience
with an ultra-mellifluous, made-for-radio voice&#8212;a mesmerizing
blend of professor, raconteur, and elocution teacher. The late poet
Joseph Brodsky, who heard Conover's Voice of America broadcasts as a
youngster in Russia, hailed it as "the richest-in-the-world bass
baritone of Willis Conover."
<<

Martin

未読、
2003/08/30 6:06:042003/08/30
To:
Kristoff Bonne wrote:

> OK. Let's see:
> - On astra 19.2, you've got two: Paris Jazz and TSF Jazz.

Thanks for TSF. I'd forgotten to copy this into the Jazz category on the
Dreambox.

> - The same for hotbird: Jazz Radio Berlin (I do like this one) and Swiss
> Jazz.
> - On Astra 2, there's Jazz FM UK
> - There's RIFF on worldspace (which is pretty good too).

No Worldspace receiver here, yet...

> - And on 1W, there's jazz radio Bulgaria (it's on the Eastern-European
> beam of the thor 3; so reception in the UK might be quite difficult, but
> reception
> with a 80 cm dish is possible here in Belgium).

Yep, can't quite pull in that transponder with my 1 metre dish in the UK.

> Next to that; there's also a Hungarian "jazz FM" on the eastern-European
> beam of Amos 1 (at 4W). But that one is impossible to receive in our
> regions.

Just found two more, though they sound a bit dodgy:

1. On Astra 19.2E, the Canalsatellite France transponder that offers Paris
Jazz and TSF (12.207V 27500 3/4) also has a channel labelled "MCITY".
Selecting this channel gives a choice of audio tracks, one of which is
"Smooth Jazz".

2. On Hotbird 13.0E, the AbSat transponder at 12692H 27500 3/4 has a channel
called "Jazzy Love Radio".

Just had a quick listen to these. So far they're certainly not in the same
league as Jazz Radio Berlin. Both are automatic stations with no human
presenter. Too close to elevator-music at times; so I'm off to "Rock
Antenne" for something to wake me up again... Ah, ZZ Top!

Cheers,

- Martin.

Mark Bradley

未読、
2003/08/30 13:28:562003/08/30
To:
This is an interesting thread that I'm sorry I never thought of to
bring up myself. I recently purchased a short wave radio and,
strictly in the novice stage, to a degree (as in taking a break from
the Royals on AM) enjoy noodleing around with it of a summer evening
outdoors. One finds some good classical music coming out of places
like Germany and Russia but I hadn't had much luck finding jazz. I'll
definetly check out these aforementioned recommendations.

As a basic guide there is a great book that lists ALL short wave
stations and the times they're on among other valuable short wave
info, called "Passport To World Band Radio," Edition 2003, that I
highly recommend. AllDirect.com has it for only about 12 bucks or so,
and of course it's probably available most everwhere else too.

Mark
http://jazztrpt.freeservers.com

Nick Hopton

未読、
2003/08/31 9:16:442003/08/31
To:
In a recent message
<pan.2003.08.29....@compaqnet.nospam.be>, Kristoff Bonne
<kristof...@compaqnet.nospam.be> wrote.

[...]

>- And on 1W, there's jazz radio Bulgaria (it's on the Eastern-European beam of
>the thor 3; so reception in the UK might be quite difficult, but reception
>with a 80 cm dish is possible here in Belgium).

[...]

I've just tried to find Jazz Radio Bulgaria using an 80-cm dish in
Reading, England, but, as you suspected, without success. Only just,
though, the 'lock' indicator flashes occasionally when I try to find
this TP.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Hopton and Anne Hopton
Caversham, Reading, England

Nick Hopton

未読、
2003/08/31 9:29:562003/08/31
To:
In a recent message <bioknf$b9k$1...@titan.btinternet.com>, Mike Terry
<mike...@ukrivals.net> wrote.

>The VOA Jazz Hour with Willis Conover was superb, he is dead now but you may
>be able to find recordings on the net.

[...]

Agreed, about 'The Jazz Hour'. What about that 'kerlump!' on the drums
that started 'Take the A-train'? Did it belong there or was it grafted
on from a recording of the same piece by Brubeck?

You'll remember 'Music USA' too, I guess? Introduced by 'Coral Reef', by
Les Brown.

Blue

未読、
2003/09/09 2:26:242003/09/09
To:
Are we talking shortwave or satellite here ?

Blue

"Nick Hopton" <hop...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

Nick Hopton

未読、
2003/09/09 10:49:412003/09/09
To:
In a recent message <bjjrlq$rgm$1...@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Blue
<xx...@xxxxx.xxx> wrote.

[...]
>> I've just tried to find Jazz Radio Bulgaria using an 80-cm dish in
>> Reading, England, but, as you suspected, without success. Only just,
>> though, the 'lock' indicator flashes occasionally when I try to find
>> this TP.

[...]

>Are we talking shortwave or satellite here ?

[...]

European satellite, I'm afraid. Sorry, this thread seems to have found
its way into some groups where it's not relevant.

Kristoff Bonne

未読、
2003/09/10 1:49:442003/09/10
To:
Gegroet,

Op Di, 09 Sep 2003 15:49:41 +0100, schreef Nick Hopton:

> [...]
>>> I've just tried to find Jazz Radio Bulgaria using an 80-cm dish in
>>> Reading, England, but, as you suspected, without success. Only just,
>>> though, the 'lock' indicator flashes occasionally when I try to find
>>> this TP.

>>Are we talking shortwave or satellite here ?

> European satellite, I'm afraid. Sorry, this thread seems to have found

> its way into some groups where it's not relevant.

Well, I wonder why the OP cross-posted this into alt.radio.digital ?
But, anycase, it's still about jazz, isn't it ;-)

Anycase, the 1 line summary: if you're really interested in jazz; a
satellite-dish will be of more help then a SW-radio.

> Regards,
> Nick.

新着メール 0 件