Pale Moon Download Ubuntu Extra Quality

Jaskon Farr

Jan 26, 2024, 3:41:00 AMJan 26
Edit1: After 3 years of asking this question, Java plugin still works fine in Palemoon v28.9.2-1 64 bit on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Java version is JRE 8u251 64 bit

pale moon download ubuntu

Download Zip https://lomogd.com/2xwamC

There is the appropriate "pretty" blue icon, Mozicon128.png in the path /opt/palemoon25.1.0/browser/icons/. Is there a way to replace the box with the question mark on the launcher bar with the Mozicon128.png icon?

Just replace 14.04 with the appropriate release number. (Note that it's a little 'x' with a capital 'U' because it it doesn't mean 'xubuntu'; the 'x' is a like a wildcard, so it means any Ubuntu.) Also add the key (with appropriate release number):

If you do not feel comfortable with the script you can also download Pale Moon manually from the files page on sourceforge

you do not even have to install it, you can simple download the archive extract it and run the palemoon binary, which is useful for testing. A full installation guide (compatible with the installer) can also be found on sourceforge

Excellent yes, but you are a bit uninformed, it has never been fully compatible with Firefox extensions, only with some, very few and currently almost none, since Firefox is now based mostly on the web extension and pale moon is not compatible with web extension, all this happens because contrary to what is usually thought, pale moon does not use the same engine as Firefox, it uses its own engine. Apart from these little details, pale moon is an excellent browser. Greetings

I've just downloaded the " legacy" version an can confirm it works on Racy551. I have a number of question though. At various times I've "updated" things in Racy. I have glibc-2.20 and palemoon-28.7.0-glibc219tweak (which has been updated in stages to 28.16.0) installed. I assume as palemoon 28.17.0 is portable neither of these previous installs will be affected. As palemoon 28.17.0 is not now an "official" palemoon 32bit update will it update in a similar fashion to palemoon-28.7.0 or will each update have to be reinstalled?

It'll just be a case of delete the old, replace it with the new. What will make this easier is if you move your 'profile' directory out from 'palemoon32' to a safe location, followed by symlinking it back into 'palemoon32'. Whenever you delete/replace in future, all you then need to do is to re-symlink your 'profile' directory back to its usual location again, and.....off you go.

Thanks for being prepared to do this. I think having a usable, up to date, 32bit browser is essential to keep these old 5 series puppies going and who knows how long it will last. Racy is still one of my all time favorites and I still get a surprising amount of use from it. I'm posting from it now using your Palemoon 28.17.0 portable.

The .deb installation should work. I've downloaded the tarballs for Firefox and Palemoon directly from their homepage a while ago and made sfs files. I don't install stuff. DpupStretch runs all the new browsers OOTB as far as I know.

mikewalsh

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link to the Dpup Stretch version of palemoon 28.17.0 portable. I've downloaded and installed it and am posting from it now. As you suggested I move the profile folder out of the legacy version and system linked it back. I couldn't think of a reason why I couldn't use the same profile for the Dpup Stretch version so I system linked it back to this version after renaming the original profile folder to profileorig in case anything went wrong. However, both versions are working using the same profile and unless there's a good reason not to do this I'll leave it as is but will remove the folder I renamed to profileorig. It strikes me that the above might not be very clear so I hope it's OK.

mikewalsh

Hi Mike I'm sorry to say I have another problem. I decided to make a .desktop entry and make 28.17.0 the default browser. This worked well with Racy but not with DpupStretch. In Racy I called the menu entry file palemoonport.desktop. I did it by manually editing the existing palemoon.desktop file. Here it is.

Both of the above work.

Please note that the paths to LAUNCH in both of these files start with /mnt/home/.

This is not the case with DpupStretch. Here is the the palemoonport.desktop file I made for DpupStretch.

.

This works but I don't understand the path shown above. Basically I have a hdd split into two partitions. sda1 is formatted ntfs and sda2 as ext4. All my puppy's are manual frugal installs on sda1. Both Racy and DpupStretch are 32bit and on this partition and both have save files. I have save folders for a couple of modern 64bit puppy's and 64bit BusterDog on sda2. When I click on sda1 in Racy it sees it as /mnt/home/. When I click on sda1 with DpupStretch it sees the same partition as /initrd/mnt/dev_save/. Using this path in the .desktop file works in DpupStretch as a menu entry for 28.17.0 but does not work in the case of making it the default browser. With palemoon 28.16.0 as the default browser the code is

mikewalsh

I've been running palemoon-27.6.1-p4-glibc219tweak.pet - that's what broke on my banking site.

28.17.0 gives me the same error message I get with 27.6.1.

I'll download your newer version and see what happens:

mikewalsh and Clif McIrvin

Guess who likes Lucid 5287 and still has a version running on an old p3 Toshiba laptop. I had a copy of the iso for the 2017 version of lupusuper4 that I downloaded from Mainline Puppy Linux Distros>Legacy on this forum. I made a manual frugal install then tried Mikes PaleMoon32+_glibc219-portable_legacy but got the same output from running in a terminal as Clif. I the tried watchdog's post on the old forum -linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 93#1035893 and downloaded and installed palemoon-28.9.0.2-glibc219tweak.pet: but this did not work either. I thought this odd as I'd this running until recently and in fact it had updated over time to 28.16.0. I found I also had installed Lupu-palemoon-28.8.0-deps.pet. I still had a copy of this and installed it. I now have palemoon 28.9.0 running in running in lucid 5287 and I'm currently posting from it,however, it won't update to 28.16.0. Pity Mikes PaleMoon32+_glibc219-portable_legacy doesn't work. I can't be the only person that still likes Lucid5287 (perhaps I am). I am, however, still very grateful it works in Racy.

Many moons ago I downloaded xenial 7.5 at Rerwin's suggestion, iirc. At the time it wouldn't even run ... many months later I stumbled onto the realization that the problem was my 512 MB RAM and not even a swap file. Creating a swap file resolved a lot of the PaleMoon crashes I was experiencing. Eventually I purchased some memory and beefed my box up to it's 2 GB max. When I tried xenial again I gave up because at the time I was unsuccessful at finding browsers that my bank liked. I suppose I must have done a better job of searching for solutions this time.

f5d0e4f075