palsied hand of bureaucracy

pyotr filipivich

Aug 8, 2016, 11:25:29 AM8/8/16
"Nothing goes from bad to worse so assuredly, as when the palsied hand
of bureaucracy is laid upon it."
--
pyotr filipivich
TV NEWS: Yesterday's newspaper read to the illiterate.

David C Kifer

Aug 13, 2016, 4:44:12 PM8/13/16
On 8/8/2016 11:25 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> "Nothing goes from bad to worse so assuredly, as when the palsied hand
> of bureaucracy is laid upon it."

The threat of people acting in their own enlightened and rational self-interest strikes bureaucrats,
politicians and social workers as ominous and dangerous.
-- W. G. Hill, “P.T. Book Perpetual Traveler”, 1985, by W. G. Hill and Harry Schultz

--
Dave
"Tam multi libri, tam breve tempus!"

David C Kifer

Nov 18, 2016, 4:43:23 PM11/18/16
On 8/13/2016 4:42 PM, David C Kifer wrote:
> On 8/8/2016 11:25 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> "Nothing goes from bad to worse so assuredly, as when the palsied hand
>> of bureaucracy is laid upon it."
>

> The threat of people acting in their own enlightened and rational self-interest strikes bureaucrats,
> politicians and social workers as ominous and dangerous.
> -- W. G. Hill, “P.T. Book Perpetual Traveler”, 1985, by W. G. Hill and Harry Schultz

The weapon Trump has to fight bureaucratic control is to remind the bureaucrats that their Federal
unions were created by executive order, EO 10988 issued by JFK in 1962. Anything created by an EO
can be abolished by an EO. Only Trump can use an EO as a trump card since he is not beholden to
unions, unlike the presidents before him.
-- Michael Bargo, Jr., How Trump Can Defeat the Establishment Bureaucracy
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/how_trump_can_defeat_the_establishment_bureaucracy.html

There is a presumption of guilt that goes with Federal edicts on farmers and corporations, yet no
presumption of innocence. Federal agencies should have to go to court to sue any company, farmer or
rancher who is fined over fifty dollars, and provide a free lawyer to the farmer. This will put
these agency-edicts on a level playing field, and they will quickly diminish. If illegal immigrants
can get free Federal lawyers so should farmers and ranchers.
-- Michael Bargo, Jr., How Trump Can Defeat the Establishment Bureaucracy
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/how_trump_can_defeat_the_establishment_bureaucracy.html

pyotr filipivich

May 24, 2021, 9:01:34 PM5/24/21
pyotr filipivich <ph...@mindspring.com> on Mon, 08 Aug 2016 08:25:24
-0700 typed in alt.quotations the following:
>"Nothing goes from bad to worse so assuredly, as when the palsied hand
>of bureaucracy is laid upon it."

»Keynesians prefer to trust the economy to the palsied hands of
tenured bureaucrats and the grasping hands of elected politicians, who
want access to other people's money in order to buy votes from
special-interest groups.

I would rather live in an economy governed by the invisible hand of
the free market than in an economy governed by the palsied hands of
government bureaucrats and the grasping hands of politicians. I would
rather live in an economy in which customers are in authority rather
than politicians and bureaucrats. Customers spend their own money.
Politicians and bureaucrats want to spend my money. I resent this. I
can spend my money more wisely than politicians and bureaucrats can.
Keynes did not believe this. Neither did Samuelson.«

<https://fee.org/articles/bureaucratic-blight/>

--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.