some that I like

1 view

Eigo shaberen!

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Dale Carnegie:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do."

James Thurber:
"There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else."
"Well done is quickly done."
Augustus Caesar, from SUETONIUS, "Augustus", sec. 25

Julia Child:
"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food
from fresh ingredients."

P. J. O'Rourke:
"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest
of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
"A torn jacket is soon mended; but hard words bruise the heart of a child."

Walt Whitman, Song of Myself, 1855:
"I celebrate myself, and sing myself."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see
a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

Kelly Barton:
"Water is the most neglected nutrient in your diet but one of the most
vital."

Jessie Sampter:
"Simplicity is the peak of civilization."

Sheilah Graham:
"Food is the most primitive form of comfort."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
"All things must change to something new, to something strange."

Aristotle:
"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other
goods."

Marilyn Ferguson:
"Over the years your bodies become walking autobiographies, telling friends
and strangers alike of the minor and major stresses of your lives."

Marge Piercy:
"[Long hair] is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep
it long because I love the way it feels, part cloak, part fan, part mane,
part security blanket."

Evenius:
"The crowd gives the leader new strength."

Natalie Goldberg:
"Anything you fully do is an alone journey."

Samuel Johnson:
"Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings."