HB Billy Graham, born November 7, 1918

SteveMR200

Nov 7, 2011, 7:00:00 AM11/7/11
It's not easy to be a Christian. You cannot follow
Jesus unless you are ready to deny yourself.
--Billy Graham (1918- )
_Time_ [November 15, 1993]

Have You Seen Me?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham

--
Steve

SteveMR200

Nov 7, 2013, 8:00:01 AM11/7/13
On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 04:00:00 -0800, SteveMR200 wrote in message:
<01ifb7huob8p05vqh...@4ax.com>:
God called me to preach, and I intend to preach as
long as I have strength to do so.
--Billy Graham (1918- )
_Midwest Today_ [January 1997]

--
Steve

SteveMR200

Nov 7, 2014, 8:37:10 AM11/7/14
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 05:00:01 -0800, SteveMR200 wrote in message:
<7l3n79hj6au6tbop1...@4ax.com>:
There comes a time when we have to fight for peace.
--Billy Graham (1918- )
(Regarding the Persian Gulf War. Quoted in
_Guardian Weekly_ [February 17, 1991])

--
Steve

SteveMR200

Nov 8, 2015, 9:05:58 AM11/8/15
American youth must have a hero. It may be a
football player, a general in the army, or some
other glamorous person. Jesus Christ is the
hero of my soul and the coach of my life.
--Billy Graham (1918- )
_Charlotte Observer_ [November 23, 1947]

Have You Seen Me?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham

--
Steve

SteveMR200

Nov 7, 2016, 7:40:13 AM11/7/16
I have seen men in the depth of wickedness, and I
have thought to myself, "There I go, except by the
grace of God."
--Billy Graham (1918- )
_New York Times_ [March 17, 1998],
"The Moral Weight of Leadership"

TheSanityInspector

Nov 7, 2016, 6:30:51 PM11/7/16
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 7:40:13 AM UTC-5, SteveMR200 wrote:
> I have seen men in the depth of wickedness, and I
> have thought to myself, "There I go, except by the
> grace of God."
> --Billy Graham (1918- )
> _New York Times_ [March 17, 1998],
> "The Moral Weight of Leadership"

The Protestant Pope
~ sobriquet

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.

SteveMR200

Nov 10, 2019, 6:11:00 PM11/10/19
Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes
a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
--Billy Graham (1918-2018)
_Reader's Digest_ [July 1964],
"A Time For Moral Courage"

Madhu

Jan 27, 2021, 12:24:15 AM1/27/21

* SteveMR200 <p46hse1s40c036rkt...@4ax.com> :
Wrote on Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:09:53 -0800:

> Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of
> others are often stiffened.
> --Billy Graham (1918-2018) > _Reader's Digest_ [July 1964], "A Time
> For Moral Courage"

"I ain't one of your by jingoes, and I won't swear that the
British soldier is braver than any other-or even, as Charley
Gordon said, that he's brave for a little while longer. But I
will swear that there's no soldier on earth who believes so
strongly in the courage of the men along-side him-and that's
worth an extra division any day. Provided you're not standing
alongside me, that is."
-- Sir Henry Flashman, VC, 1846,
(George MacDonald Fraser, /Flashman and the Mountain
of Light/ 1990)