HB Garth Brooks, born February 7, 1962

SteveMR200

Feb 7, 2014, 8:15:00 AM2/7/14
I don't talk very well, but hopefully in my music we
can get something across.
--Garth Brooks (1962- )

Have You Seen Me?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Brooks

--
Steve

David C Kifer

Feb 7, 2014, 5:17:10 PM2/7/14
Dan Roberts, Bryan Kennedy, and I dedicate one morning a year to a "sunrise ride." On my horse,
Crackerjack, in the middle of two good friends, I was watching the sun come up over the hay fields
when Dan's voice broke the silence. He asked me if I knew the difference between grace and mercy. A
smile came across Bryan's face. Dan said, "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and
mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve . . ." It made me think-that pretty much wraps
up my whole life.
God's grace and mercy on us all
--Garth Brooks, from Garth Brooks Box Set book

--
Dave
"Tam multi libri, tam breve tempus!"

Kevin G. Barkes

Feb 8, 2014, 2:12:54 AM2/8/14
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.
--Garth Brooks

Regards,

KGB

-----
Kevin G. Barkes

Email: kgba...@gmail.com

KGB Report:
http://www.kgbreport.com

KGB Quotations Database:
http://www.goodquotations.com

SteveMR200

Feb 8, 2014, 9:15:00 AM2/8/14
On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 17:17:10 -0500, David C Kifer wrote in message:
<ld3lv...@news3.newsguy.com>:

>Dan Roberts, Bryan Kennedy, and I dedicate one morning a year to
>a "sunrise ride." On my horse, Crackerjack, in the middle of two
>good friends, I was watching the sun come up over the hay fields
>when Dan's voice broke the silence. He asked me if I knew the
>difference between grace and mercy. A smile came across Bryan's
>face. Dan said, "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve
>and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve . . ."
>It made me think-that pretty much wraps up my whole life.
>God's grace and mercy on us all
>--Garth Brooks, from Garth Brooks Box Set book

My life right now is where I've always wished it would be.
The heavenly bodies have aligned. . . . This is just another
piece of pie I don't deserve--but I'll eat it anyway.
--Garth Brooks (1962- )
(In Raymond Obstfeld's _Twang: The Ultimate Book
of Country Music Quotations_ [1997], "The Biz")

--
Steve

The Sanity Inspector

Feb 8, 2014, 1:25:32 PM2/8/14
On Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:12:54 AM UTC-5, Kevin G. Barkes wrote:
> On Friday, 7 February 2014 08:15:00 UTC-5, SteveMR200 wrote:
>
> > I don't talk very well, but hopefully in my music we
>
> > can get something across.
>

> > --Garth Brooks (1962- )
>

> > Have You Seen Me?
>

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Brooks
>

> > --
>

> > Steve
>

> You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.
>
> --Garth Brooks

You are rich if and only if money you refuse tastes better than money you accept.
-- Nasim Nicholas Taleb

*profanity spoiler*

It was hard to tell my friends, all hurt in some manner by the [stock market] crash, about this feeling of vindication. Bonuses at the time were a fraction of what they are today, but if my employer, First Boston, and the financial system survived until year-end, I would get the equivalent of a fellowship. This is sometimes called "fuck you money," which in spite of its coarseness, means that it allows you to act like a Victorian gentleman, free from slavery. It is a psychological buffer: the capital is not so large as to make you spoiled-rich, but large enough to give you the freedom to choose a new occupation without excessive consideration of the financial rewards. It shields you from prostituting your mind and frees you from outside authority--any outside authority. (Independence is person-specific: I have always been taken aback at they high number of people in whom an astonishingly high income led to additional sycophancy as they became more dependent on their clients and employers and more addicted to making even more money.) While not substantial by some standards, it literally cured me of all financial ambition--it made me feel ashamed whenever I diverted time away from study for the pursuit of material wealth. Note that the designation fuck you corresponds to the exhilarating ability to pronounce that compact phrase before hanging up the phone.
-- ibid

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.

SteveMR200

Feb 7, 2015, 8:30:40 PM2/7/15
On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 05:15:00 -0800, SteveMR200 wrote in message:
<k1n9f956sskoqud1e...@4ax.com>:
True country music is honesty, sincerity, and real
life to the hilt.
--Garth Brooks (1962- )
(In Raymond Obstfeld's _Twang: The Ultimate
Book of Country Music Quotations_ [1997],
"When You're Lookin' At Me, You're Looking At Country")

--
Steve

David C Kifer

Feb 8, 2015, 1:55:30 PM2/8/15
Meeting here, I have "friends in low places"!
;-)>

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
--Garth Brooks, "Unanswered Prayers"

SteveMR200

Feb 8, 2015, 3:02:40 PM2/8/15
On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 13:55:45 -0500, David C Kifer wrote in message:
<mb8be...@news3.newsguy.com>:

>Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
>Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
>That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
>Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
>--Garth Brooks, "Unanswered Prayers"

God has not always answered my prayers. If he had,
I would have married the wrong man--several times!
--Ruth Bell Graham (1920-2007)
(Deceased wife of Christian evangelist Billy Graham)
(In Martin H. Manser's _The Westminster Collection of
Christian Quotations_ [2001], "Prayer, Answers To")

--
Steve

SteveMR200

Feb 7, 2016, 7:46:12 AM2/7/16
<mb8be...@news3.newsguy.com>:

>Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
>Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
>That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
>Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
>--Garth Brooks, "Unanswered Prayers"

Every time I sing this song [Unanswered Prayers], it
teaches me the same lesson: Happiness isn't getting
what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
--Garth Brooks (1962- )

--
Steve