Buzzcocks interview; Linda LIndas article; abortion and indie musicians

Jason Gross

Oct 1, 2022, 11:25:42 PM10/1/22
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <https://www.furious.com/perfect/index1022.html>, you'll find (among other things):

ABORTION RIGHTS & THE INDIE WORLD
How artists want to fight back, & how you can too, by Jason Gross
"To gauge some personal reactions from other artists, we spoke to several indie artists about abortion rights in a post-Roe world, including their own experiences, and the experiences they've witnessed with friends and families. Along with the women here, we also spoke to several men as allies, some part of the LGBTQ+ community, about the ways to fight back and go forward."

BUZZCOCKS
Interview- Steve Diggle on a post-Shelley world, by Robert Pally
"Veteran English punk rock band Buzzcocks recently released a new album after 8 years called Sonics In The Soul. The group had become identifiable with singer/guitarist Pete Shelley right up to his death in December 2018. Singer/guitarist Steve Diggle, a band member from almost the very beginning and a fixture since then, decided to keep the band flag flying."

THE LINDA LINDAS - YEE LOI
Asian girls rock & kick butt, by Alan Crandall
"As to their "punk"-ness, in Yee Loi's case their cred is without question as they continually flaunt their allegiance to the pantheon of '70's proto-punk and accessories – Stooges, Johnny Thunders, MC5, Pistols, and of course, The Ramones. The LL's bloodline to the classics is also clear – cited influences include Paramore, The Go-Go's, Blondie, Bikini Kill and Sleater-Kinney, and they have the good taste to cover the criminally forgotten and underrated Muffs."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1FGcXtZHRfFgsvrCMZgSzO?si=6bc1784f0afb4f6a>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

Christian Mumford

Feb 16, 2023, 6:58:35 AM2/16/23
i am still an alt.punk 'er after all these years... see you on DroneOn! Hawkwind mohawk police & Blitz... on Shakin Street...

my TV channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtEuHmlAOC_8KWaQ5W6DvhA
my EUnet/Tripod mirror site: https://bloomingdales1383.tripod.com/pulp/tubrok.html
my bibliography in comics publishing: https://www.comics.org/searchNew/?q=Christian%20Mumford&sort=year
my Wordpress blog: https://stormlodgememoirs.wordpress.com/
my DeviantArt site: https://www.deviantart.com/daturamandrake
regards... Christian the Northampton serial talker (little Boyd & Fyodor & Douglas P.)