The Executioner vs The Destroyer

aaroned...@gmail.com

May 2, 2018, 10:17:43 PM5/2/18
Hello,

I've read the first 10 Executioner books by Don Pendleton and I've enjoyed them so far. I've got up to #39, but I'm also thinking about reading The Destroyer series. I know it was sort of a cash in on the success of Pendleton's books, but how how do the series compare in tone and, no pun intended, execution?

Thanks for any info.

Joe Pfeiffer

May 2, 2018, 11:16:03 PM5/2/18
The Exectutioner is a gritty, serious adventure series. As far as I
know, it is still being published.

The Destroyer started out trying to cash in on it, but the authors
quickly realized that their premise was simply too ridiculous to be
taken seriously, and it morphed into a parody of an adventure series.
It's hilarious.

Aaron Edgell

May 3, 2018, 7:31:50 AM5/3/18
Sounds like I should give it a try. Thanks for the info.