So...

Kimberly Chapman

Aug 16, 2006, 5:34:39 AM8/16/06
Everyone still alive and stuff? :)

--
-- Kimberly Chapman, author, crafter, left-wing activist
kimb...@kimberlychapman.com
http://kimberlychapman.com
http://www.livejournal.com/~kimberlychapman/
Information on my novels:
http://kimberlychapman.com/writing/writing.html

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Aug 19, 2006, 12:16:31 PM8/19/06

Kimberly Chapman wrote:
> Everyone still alive and stuff? :)

I am indeed still alive and stuff. I've gotten a job driving truck out
near the new house.
The job only has a couple of drawbacks:
1) the alarm clock goes off at 3:45, as I have to start at five and;
2) it's a bit dusty and sometimes smelly, as I take trailers from
various transfer
stations and take them to the landfill, where I back them onto a tipper
and they pour the trash out, bury it and I take the trailer out to
another transfer station, and repeat until done for the day.
On the plus side, I'm usually home by four PM, and they're pretty
darned supportive of my needs to get to shows.
Speaking of shows, I don't think I told y'all I'M IN A BAND!!!!
We play good traditional "honest-to-Merle" (a phrase of my own coinage,
but
it gets the point across) honky-tonk country music. We've taken most
of late July and August off as the fiddler went to Colorado on his
honeymoon.
Our new CD "Guitars and Barstools," comes out Labor Day weekend.
Most of our gigs pay about twice what the average bar band makes, so
I'm pretty happy.

Kimberly Chapman

Aug 20, 2006, 5:20:45 AM8/20/06
3:45 am sounds sucktastic, but I'm happy for you having a job and the band
thing is awesome! :)

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Aug 20, 2006, 4:23:39 PM8/20/06
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 04:20:45 -0500, Kimberly Chapman
<kimb...@kimberlychapman.com> wrote:

> 3:45 am sounds sucktastic,

Oh, it is. OTOH, tomorrow it goes off at 5:45. This means
a reduction in my earnings Monday, as there's no way I get
five loads in

> but I'm happy for you having a job and the band
> thing is awesome! :)

I just saw a copy of the CD at the gig last night. Folks
with a retro mindset will LOVE the artwork on the actual
disc itself, as it is printed with a record label close to
the hole, and about an inch and a half of black with printed-
on grooves to make it look like an actual record, if actual
records had ever gotten made in 5.5 inch sizes.
It sounds pretty good, too.

--
Lane Gray
The Mome Rath isn't born that can outgrabe me, buddy.

Lurker Praps

Sep 6, 2006, 5:34:32 AM9/6/06
Also Sprach Kimberly Chapman:

Massage: <9821178AFkimb...@70.169.32.36>
Froom: kimb...@kimberlychapman.com (Kimberly Chapman)
On: Wed, 4733 Sep 1993 09:34:39 GMT

> Everyone still alive and stuff? :)

Not everyone. The voice of Diddly Spidahs and Snikes has been silenced
by a barb from the most poisonous of critics. :'(

--
Malc, Southend-on-Sea, UK (not Europe, or the World)
Keeper of the September Chicken.

Nils

Sep 11, 2006, 9:54:22 AM9/11/06
Lurker Praps schreef:

> Also Sprach Kimberly Chapman:
>
> Massage: <9821178AFkimb...@70.169.32.36>
> Froom: kimb...@kimberlychapman.com (Kimberly Chapman)
> On: Wed, 4733 Sep 1993 09:34:39 GMT
>
> > Everyone still alive and stuff? :)
>
> Not everyone. The voice of Diddly Spidahs and Snikes has been silenced
> by a barb from the most poisonous of critics. :'(

Que?
Don't quite get it.

I'm still alive tho. Three kids and a demanding (but great) job are not
easy to juggle, but so far it seems to work. Don't do much lurking here
anymore. Bit of a coincidence that I stumbled across the froup again.
Nice to hear a bit of a murmur in here again :)

Nils

Kimberly Chapman

Sep 12, 2006, 4:05:42 AM9/12/06
nde...@yahoo.com (Nils) wrote in
<1157982862.3...@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>:
>> > Everyone still alive and stuff? :)
>>
>> Not everyone. The voice of Diddly Spidahs and Snikes has been silenced
>> by a barb from the most poisonous of critics. :'(
>>

>Que?
>Don't quite get it.

He means Steve Irwin died.

>I'm still alive tho. Three kids and a demanding (but great) job are not
>easy to juggle, but so far it seems to work. Don't do much lurking here
>anymore. Bit of a coincidence that I stumbled across the froup again.
>Nice to hear a bit of a murmur in here again :)

I check now and then, just in case anyone has posted. But yeah...one kid
is PLENTY right now! :)

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Sep 13, 2006, 8:59:41 PM9/13/06
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:34:32 -0500, Lurker Praps
<ma...@potnoodleSPICEDHAM.net> wrote:

> Also Sprach Kimberly Chapman:

>> Everyone still alive and stuff? :)
>
> Not everyone. The voice of Diddly Spidahs and Snikes has been silenced
> by a barb from the most poisonous of critics. :'(

Hippie became most distraught. Very cool dude. Over-the-top becomes cool
when it's sincere. I suppose that, behind peaceably in one's sleep,
kicking
off doing what you love is the best way to go. That, and going quickly.