So, election day looms...

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Nov 5, 2006, 6:37:57 PM11/5/06
I'm not gonna be able to vote, though. I really despise this post-Sept 11
nonsense, which I really suspect isn't so much about actually keeping us
safe from terrorists, but instead Big Brother wanting to expand his
domestic powers.
That has some relevance in that we've moved, and I can't register to vote
at the new address because I can't find my birth certificate, and you now
have to prove citizenship (you used to just be able to assert it, and no
one would challenge you unless you acted, sounded or looked furrin. Yep,
Kacee would have almost certainly have been able to vote in Minnesota pre
9/11 no matter how strong her Canuckistani accent, as they all speak like
that up there, but would have only been able to register if she claimed to
have moved to Nevada from Minnesota, eh) in order to register to vote.
And I can't vote at the old address, as I got purged when the mail bounced
back to the election authorities (Jackson County sends a voter reminder
card about six weeks before an election, if it bounces as having moved,
then you disappear). That said, I would have loved to have been able to
vote for McAskill, not that I think she's great, but Talent's an ass.
That, and a vote for our stem cell amendment, even if it's as flawed as a
very flawed thing with its good bits removed.
For our Kansas congresscritter, I'd have either voted for the Libertarian
running or perhaps cast a write-in vote for "Knott Themtu." The
Boyda/Ryun race is a huge PITA.
Our KS Attorney General race isn't much better, a thorough mudsling on
both sides. I did not, however, know that the AG's director of Consumer
Protection is a guy who'd been arrested 12 times for various offenses
relating to abortion-clinic protests. Morrison (not the incumbent) runs
ads saying that Kline (the incumbent) hired a guy with 12 arrests, but
won't deign to say for what.
A pox on all ovvem.

--
Lane Gray
The Mome Rath isn't born that can outgrabe me, buddy.