In the house

J Peters

Jan 26, 2021, 10:08:07 PM1/26/21
Gemini wanders in. She looks around the place, nods to Galileo.
'Cocoa, please.'

She takes a seat at the bar while he prepares the delicious zero calorie
dark chocolate brew. While waiting, she finds her journal and favorite pen.

Nodding to the journal, she says, "I'm processing some life stuff. I
may hang out for awhile."

"Good place for it," says Galileo, handing her a steaming mug.

Gemini takes it and makes her way to a comfy chair. She settles in,
with the mug at her elbow, her feet on the ottoman, and her journal on
her lap.

Rollory

Mar 16, 2021, 9:00:22 PM3/16/21
Some dust falls slowly to the floor.

Skatha

Mar 17, 2021, 8:28:03 AM3/17/21
Ghostly cat pawprints etch into the dusty floor, like calligraphy of a forgotten language proclaiming,
"I WAS HERE"

J Peters

Mar 19, 2021, 1:41:13 PM3/19/21
Gemini sets her journal in her lap, and picks up her March Madness
brackets. She has missed such fun distractions over the past year -
sports, movies in the theater, etc.

She nods a welcome in the general direction of the feline poltergeist.
"Hmm... How many Big10 teams will make it to the sweet 16??"

She flicks her left hand in a particular way, and all the dust vanishes.
However, an outline of the paw prints remains.

Skatha

Mar 20, 2021, 8:39:52 AM3/20/21
An echo of laughter tickles Gemini's ears, and she senses rather than sees a feline shape jump up on a nearby bookshelf and bat five books unceremoniously to the floor. A menu sign full of magnetic letters gets similar treatment until "WI" joins the books on the floor.

There's an empty thump as the cat jumps down to sprawl playfully across the books.
"But then," a voice whispers, "what does a cat know about basketball anyway?"

J Peters

Mar 20, 2021, 1:34:54 PM3/20/21
Gemini shuffles a few more of the letters around on the floor. The 'I'
from WI is now part of 'IL'. She scoots a '?' next to 'RU'. Then she
replaces the 'L' with an 'A'.

She flips the papers in her lap. "Now for a look at my women's bracket."

Skatha

Apr 1, 2021, 12:19:26 AM4/1/21
More laughter. "Once Wisconsin loses, no one talks about the games at work anymore. Have your prognostications gone better than ours?"

J Peters

Apr 1, 2021, 8:18:20 PM4/1/21
Gemini raises an eyebrow. "My daughter is winning the family bracket
challenge. Let's just leave it at that.

Skatha

Apr 2, 2021, 7:59:17 AM4/2/21
"We occasionally do a bracket at work...my current goal is to see how fast and how badly I can lose them." The voice sighs.

J Peters

Apr 12, 2021, 10:59:25 AM4/12/21
Yawning, Gemini folds her bracket papers, and sets them in the recycle
bin, along with a seed catalog.

"Prolonged sun exposure is currently contra-indicated. So, planting is
Someone Else's Problem."

Skatha

Apr 16, 2021, 10:34:38 PM4/16/21
Pawprints chase the golden motes of sunlight along the floor. "Ah, planting! Yes, there is plenty of planting to be done, and no someone elses to help with them. But first...fire! Lots of fire!"

"...As long as the weather holds out." The ghostly cat pounces happily in anticipation of tomorrow's prairie burn.

J Peters

Apr 21, 2021, 8:28:00 PM4/21/21
A prairie burn! Gemini makes a mental note to ask her brother when the
last prairie burn was on the preserve near him. The wind has to be just
right for those burns because there's a big highway along one side.