Meyer Briggs type of famous detective

1 view

frost

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
What Meyers Brigg type would you say that each of the following famous
crime-investigators displays?

Sherlock Holmes
Hercule Poirot
Miss Marple
Columbo
Dr. Quincy
Ben Matlock
Perry Mason
J>B>Fletcher (Murder She Wrote)

Danny Prosser, Senior Partner UBC

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
frost <fros...@popalex1.linknet.net> wrote:

>What Meyers Brigg type would you say that each of the following famous
>crime-investigators displays?

>Columbo

From what I remember I would typewatch Peter Faulk as Columbo an INTP
Danny Prosser,
Senior Partner,
UnBroken Circle

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents,
it was loaned to us by our children."

UnBroken Circle offers professional facilitation services,
Teambuilding workshops, among other workshops availible:
Understanding Personality Differences with MBTI, Relationships,
Communication, Total Quality Systems,Self directed teams,
Diversity Workshops, Children's workshops.

Luke J. Vassiliou

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
frost (fros...@popalex1.linknet.net) wrote:
: What Meyers Brigg type would you say that each of the following famous
: crime-investigators displays?
:
: Sherlock Holmes
INTP
: Hercule Poirot
INTJ (INFJ?)

Don't really know the rest that much.

Luke

S. Taylor

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article <4jnmij$21...@thor.cmp.ilstu.edu>, ljv...@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
(Luke J. Vassiliou) wrote:

>frost (fros...@popalex1.linknet.net) wrote:
>: What Meyers Brigg type would you say that each of the following famous
>: crime-investigators displays?
>:
>: Sherlock Holmes
>INTP
>: Hercule Poirot
>INTJ (INFJ?)

I don't know about these NT detectives. Would they be observant enough to
catch all the clues? If I were hiring a detective I'd get an SP.

-----------------
S. Taylor
stta...@mechanon.com

lc

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
My ex-boyfriend, an INTJ and big Sherlock Holmes fan, did some research
and told me that Sherlock Holmes is an INTX and that arch-enemy Dr.
Morarity (spelled right?) is an INTJ.

LC

Caliban

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96

: (Luke J. Vassiliou) wrote:
:
: >frost (fros...@popalex1.linknet.net) wrote:
: >: What Meyers Brigg type would you say that each of the following famous
: >: crime-investigators displays?
: >:
: >: Sherlock Holmes
: >INTP

I agree, and I also think that Holmes was a Type Five on the Enneagram.

:
: I don't know about these NT detectives. Would they be observant enough to

: catch all the clues? If I were hiring a detective I'd get an SP.

:
NT's can be very observant, when it concerns something that
catches their interest. The fact that Holmes was a Type 5
also means that he was very interested in observing and gathering
data as well as processing it.

And I do agree with you that most detectives are S's . . .
although I'm not sure how much that has to do with the
fact that most people are S's.

--
Caliban
cal...@gate.net

Ian White

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
S. Taylor wrote:

>>: Sherlock Holmes
>>INTP
>>: Hercule Poirot
>>INTJ (INFJ?)
>
>I don't know about these NT detectives. Would they be observant enough to
>catch all the clues? If I were hiring a detective I'd get an SP.

It depends on the type of detecting involved. The 'police procedural'
story involves collecting fact after fact until the truth reveals
itself, and in MBTI terms that's pure sensing.

But then there's the type of novel where the Great Detective is called
in when sensing has reached a dead-end and the police are baffled.
The GD then solves the case by an intuitive leap, using clues that have
no apparent connection.

Sherlock Holmes seems so superhuman because he combines meticulous fact-
finding with brilliant intuition. He's I and T certainly, presenting P
to the outside world, and has the facility to use S and N with equal
effectiveness. In other words he is no single MBTI type - and remember
that fictional characters don't have to be; they are and do whatever
their creator wishes them to.

Ian White
Abingdon, England