Michael Fordham & Jung

Popeye

Sep 30, 2019, 6:17:16 PM9/30/19
Good evening,

So what's the deal with Michael Fordham and Jung? If I understand
correctly, Jung rejected him when he applied to become an Analyst
because he had a latent psychosis--and yeah, he seems to be a big deal
in the UK, and the Journal of Analytical Psychology hasa prize in his
name.

I have to to receive in the mail Jung and the Post Jungians, but what's
the Classical Jungian take on Fordham?

As I'm but an MSc Psych student, and have only surveyed the literature,
I'm wary of drifting too far from the Classical line until I have a
better grasp of it--so far, I'm enjoying Von Franz, Neumann, and
Stevens--although I also believe that transference/counter transference
play a crucial role in orienting oneself in one's surroundings as a
therapist.

Thoughts?

--

Popeye