Alec Baldwin's getting sued for recklessness on Rust set

docufo

Nov 22, 2021, 11:16:28 PM11/22/21
Alec Baldwin is being sued for his alleged recklessness handling a live
handgun on the Rust set that led to the death of a crew member and the
wounding of its director. In the suit, some more details have come forth:

(quoted)

A lawsuit filed Wednesday alleges that Alec Baldwin recklessly fired a
gun when it wasn’t called for in the script when he shot and killed
cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza on the
New Mexico set of the film “Rust.”

“There was nothing in the script about the gun being discharged by
DEFENDANT BALDWIN or by any other person,” the lawsuit from script
supervisor Mamie Mitchell says.

The lawsuit is the second to stem from the shooting, with many more
expected.

Like last week’s from head of lighting Serge Svetnoy, it was filed in
Los Angeles Superior Court and names many defendants including Baldwin,
who was both star and a producer; David Halls, the assistant director
who handed Baldwin the gun; and Hannah Gutierrez Reed, who was in charge
of weapons on the set.

Mitchell’s lawsuit focuses mainly on Baldwin’s actions. It said she was
standing next to Hutchins and within 4 feet (1.22 meters) of the actor,
and was stunned when he fired the gun inside the tiny church on Bonanza
Creek Ranch on Oct. 21.

According to discussions before the scene was filmed, it called for
three tight shots of Baldwin: One on his eyes, one on a blood stain on
his shoulder, and one on his torso as he pulled the gun from a holster,
the lawsuit says.

There was no call for Baldwin to point the gun toward Hutchins and
Souza, nor to fire it, the lawsuit says.

And it alleges Baldwin violated protocol by not checking the gun more
carefully.

“Mr. Baldwin chose to play Russian roulette when he fired a gun without
checking it, and without having the armorer do so in his presence,”
Mitchell’s attorney Gloria Allred said at a news conference.

A veteran script supervisor who has worked on nearly 100 productions,
Mitchell was on a set for the first time since the pandemic began. She
was the first to call 911 after the shooting, the lawsuit says.

She suffered “serious physical trauma and shock and injury to her
nervous system,” the lawsuit says, without giving details.

Mitchell is seeking both compensation and punitive damages in amounts to
be determined later.

Lawyers and other representatives for the defendants had no immediate
comment.

Baldwin said on video Oct. 30 that the shooting was a “one-in-a-trillion
event” saying, “We were a very, very well-oiled crew shooting a film
together and then this horrible event happened.”

Mitchell’s lawsuit alleges that the armorer on the production, Gutierrez
Reed, had minimal experience, and she was hired as one of several
cost-cutting measures that proved dangerous.

It says she violated protocol by allowing guns and ammunition to be
unattended during a lunch break.

Gutierrez Reed told authorities she does not know how a live round ended
up in the gun. Her lawyer Jason Bowles said in a statement last week
that “we are convinced this was sabotage and Hannah is being framed. We
believe that the scene was tampered with as well before the police arrived.”

Santa Fe-area District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said last week that
investigators have encountered no proof of sabotage.

https://apnews.com/article/alec-baldwin-entertainment-arts-and-entertainment-shootings-new-mexico-31a0d36a0779f754326ee8120b7d41de

Alec Baldwin's history of temperamental behavior in public has been
pushed to the front by rightists intent on sending a high-profile
Democratic supporter and donator - a SNL regular that sharply satirized
Donald Trump with impersonations Trump condemned - off to prison or at
least causing him a major career setback.

Right-wing fanatics are on a "free for all" leftist hunting party since
their savior Donnie bit the electoral dust.

Anything, anyone, anywhere that are ideologically oppositional are their
mortal enemies deserving rounds of character assassination usually via
rumors of illicit sexual behavior with children. But if that isn't
feasible, acts of wrongful, violent or just weird behavior of any kind
will typically suffice.

Whatever accusations get the most media play.

@u=

JTEM is Magic

Nov 23, 2021, 1:03:47 AM11/23/21
docufo wrote:

> Alec Baldwin is being sued for

Yeah remember when Brandon Lee was shot & killed on set and the media
went wild, calling for the actor who shot him's head, and the actor was
arrested, tried & convicted of murder plus sued and then executed?

As I recommended on Tumblr, you should Google that actor's name so you
can pretend you remember it, and not look quite so hypocritical.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/145906356871

docufo

Nov 23, 2021, 2:04:10 AM11/23/21
On 11/22/2021 10:03 PM, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> docufo wrote:
>
>> Alec Baldwin is being sued for
>
> Yeah remember when Brandon Lee was shot & killed on set and the media
> went wild, calling for the actor who shot him's head, and the actor was
> arrested, tried & convicted of murder plus sued and then executed?
>
> As I recommended on Tumblr, you should Google that actor's name so you
> can pretend you remember it, and not look quite so hypocritical.

I have no reasonable concept of what it is that bugs your ass, but if
you can't just see it and read it here word for word, I'll tell you:

When people are irresponsible there is no moral refuge in lying about
them. They have done some serious wrong to someone.

Alec Baldwin is a well-known Democrat and high-profile celebrity that
has continually over the decades opposed most things conservative, and
his scathing sardonic impersonation of Donnie has proven very popular.

He is, however, like everyone, behaviorally flawed and this time it
appears he's gone too far. An innocent woman has been shot to death and
he was holding the gun.

I can't be a partisan parrot of the Left and put "partisan loyalty" over
violations of people's rights, disregard for life in general and expect
I'll not feel anything but great personal satisfaction with those moral
and legal trespasses.

For a person who keeps claiming you're not a stupid victim of mass media
exploitation, you, Shirley, have a most unusual way of proving otherwise.

@)0
~

JTEM is Magic

Nov 23, 2021, 3:03:42 AM11/23/21
docufo wrote:

> When people are irresponsible there is no moral refuge in lying about
> them. They have done some serious wrong to someone.

You're either *Way* older than you let on, and senile, or you're trolling for
your negative attention yet again. Because I did not choose a random
example. The actor who shot and killed Brandon Lee could have checked
and if he had checked he would have saw something, and Brandon Lee
would not be dead.

And because these things must be spelled out for God-Knows whatever
reason, that actor was pointing a real gun at Brandon Lee and pulling
trigger though that gun was loaded with blanks, which even with an
unobstructed barrel have injured and even killed people in the past.

The guy who killed Brandon Lee pointed a gun loaded with blanks at
Brandon Lee, sending the bullet or partial bullet obstructing the barrel
in Lee, killing him.

So virtually identical situations. EXTREMELY similar. The only difference
is that the style of gun that Brandon Lee's killer used did allow him to
check. He could have swung out the cylinder and peered down the barrel.
Baldwin could not do that. It was impossible.

But both of them had real guns.

Know how many charges were filed in Brandon Lee's case? Less than one.

None.

Zip, zero & nil.

Remember when Producer Steven Spielberg killed an actor and two children
on set with a helicopter blade?

Probably not.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com

docufo

Nov 23, 2021, 4:23:39 AM11/23/21
No, you're right. I don't recall that incident but one that amazingly
fits the description except it was a film directed by John Landis, and
veteran actor Vic Morrow and one of the two Vietnamese kids running with
him were chopped to death by a chopper blade. The other child, a girl,
was crushed to death by the landing gear.

Landis was relieved of being sent up for manslaughter in court and paid
out a huge penalty, then disappeared from film for a few years before
returning.

The segment being filmed was part of the 1982 theatrical version of
Twilight Zone.

We're actually in a real-life Twilight Zone and it looks like it'll be a
successful series for some time to come.

@y=

JTEM is Magic

Nov 23, 2021, 6:08:38 PM11/23/21
docufo wrote:

> No, you're right. I don't recall that incident but one that amazingly
> fits the description except it was a film directed by

Why. SUDDENLY you give a shit about directors? Because up to precisely
2 seconds ago it was all about Alec Baldwin being "The" producer... one
of six... plus five executive producers... an associate producer... a line
producer... anyway, Baldwin was THE producer and it's THE producer's
fault... except when that gets in the way of your trolling... like now.

We'll be back to producer just as soon as you need that to be true in order
to win negative attention...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668596133330894848

docufo

Nov 23, 2021, 9:13:01 PM11/23/21
*sigh*

Landis was also the producer of Twilight Zone The Movie along with
Spielberg.

As producer-director Landis should've known, child labor laws prevented
any kiddie employees working past daytime. Despite his recklessness on
the set, he wasn't sent up for anything. He lost a pile of money, though.

He flubbed up, Shirley.

And Alec flubbed up, too.

You've flubbed up here so many times posters have resigned to serial
sighing and making loud exasperated sounds from their posteriors.

#y#

JTEM is Magic

Nov 23, 2021, 11:43:39 PM11/23/21
docufo wrote:

> Landis was also the producer

*Bzzzzzt!*

He is one of two listed, plus associate producers and an executive producer. Baldwin is
one six.

You're trolling. And not very well.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668596133330894848

docufo

Nov 24, 2021, 11:26:14 PM11/24/21
On 11/23/2021 8:43 PM, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> docufo wrote:
>
>> Landis was also the producer
>
> *Bzzzzzt!*
>
> He is one of two listed, plus associate producers and an executive producer. Baldwin is
> one six.
>
> You're trolling. And not very well.

Hardly anyone in the audiences gives a shit who produced, only who
directed and acted.

Landis was the director and producer of his two segments in Twilight
Zone:The Movie, "Prologue" and "Time Out." He was not the director or
producer of the other segments.

It's virtually impossible for any veteran director to not have ever
served as producer.

You should know that, but it's probable you've missed it munching
incessantly on your butt corn.

"bizzzztttt!"

Wanna try category "My Butter Sculptured Butt" for $100?

~y~

docufo

Nov 24, 2021, 11:39:16 PM11/24/21
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Landis

Note the graph's data on Landis' producer, director and writer credits
for those two segments.

=i=

JTEM is Magic

Nov 25, 2021, 12:02:42 AM11/25/21
docufo wrote:

> Hardly anyone in the audiences gives a shit who produced

You did up to about 5 seconds ago, talking about Alec Baldwin.

-- --

https://uapro.tumblr.com/post/668798774634758144/top-is-obsidian-i-believe-the-bottom-is-hematite

docufo

Nov 25, 2021, 12:23:48 AM11/25/21
On 11/24/2021 9:02 PM, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> docufo wrote:
>
>> Hardly anyone in the audiences gives a shit who produced
>
> You did up to about 5 seconds ago, talking about Alec Baldwin.

I care nothing about movie producers but I'll let you fantasize you're
inside my head.

I only value the directors, writers and actors...and the key grips.

@y-