An eccentric election year we all surely don't deserve - or do we?!

DocUfo

Feb 17, 2024, 2:34:14 AMFeb 17
Presented with two national candidates, both way ahead of any competitors,
the public has been mesmerized into accepting it'll be a normal two-party,
two-candidate situation. But this is obviously far apart from any election year that preceded it.
Polls don't show the "likeability" index of the two candidates but given the choice of only two, they tell pollsters they "favor" one or the other, but that's apart from actually liking Biden or Donald. No, when Americans are asked if they like Donald they tell pollsters they plainly don't trust him, don't like him.
Similarly, they express the same attitude towards Biden. The majority, in fact,
don't really accept either as good presidential stock.
https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/majority-of-americans-say-they-definitely-wont-vote-for-trump-in-2024-poll/
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3965267-majorities-dont-want-biden-trump-to-run-in-2024-survey/
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/29/poll-trump-disqualified-14th-amendment-00118980
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/05/us-presidential-election-biden-trump-polls
A mere sample of the trend among the majority of US voters showing voters
don't want either candidate in the Oval Office, but are presented with no clear
viable alternatives within each of the two parties. A third party with RFK, Jr.,
is conveniently ignored in nearly every mainstream news article on this subject. It's clear the mass media want you to believe these two unfit candidates are all that exists for a choice. That is actually anti-democratic reportage and opining that defeats the whole purpose of a free election.
Anyone can run for President by meeting a few simple requirements.
That reality is deliberately obscured by mass medias to narrow the "drama" down to only two candidates of two parties, and treated much like a Super
Bowl match-up.
No other teams of course, are allowed to play the two-team game. This isn't a fucking sports event.
LOL! What a dreary dumbed-down public and media out there.
#y+
``V

JTEM is Magic

Feb 17, 2024, 9:45:01 AMFeb 17
DocUfo wrote:

> Polls don't show the "likeability" index of the two candidates but given the
> choice of only two, they tell pollsters they "favor" one or the other, but that's
> apart from actually liking Biden or Donald. No, when Americans are asked
> if they like Donald they tell pollsters they plainly don't trust him, don't like him

This is bullshit. Trumper's seem to actually LIKE Trump.

I don't know why but they really do like him.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/742459256756961280

DocUfo

Feb 18, 2024, 1:30:30 AMFeb 18
I fully quote the following article:
CNN

Those who dislike Donald Trump often deride his followers as “cult” members, enamored by the former president’s personality. But our new CNN/SSRS poll puts a somewhat different spin on things.

When his supporters in the 2024 Republican primary were asked whether they were backing him because of his position on the issues or his character traits, 89% said the latter.

In contrast, for backers of the other GOP candidates, 63% said it was because of their stances on the issues.

This discrepancy gets at something that has been true for a while: Trump voters are less likely to approve of him personally than they are to think he cares for them and stands with them on the big issues. Trump’s so-called cult of personality is a far bigger thing for his detractors.

President Donald Trump walks to board Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House on Jan. 12, 2021, in Washington.
CNN Poll: GOP voters' broad support for Trump holds, with less than half seriously worried criminal charges will harm his 2024 chances
Think about what it was like when Trump was first running for president. He would attack candidates left and right from the debate stage. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio even tried to mimic Trump at a debate, but his poll numbers didn’t climb.

That’s because one of Trump’s weakest selling points during the 2016 primary season was his personality and temperament. Just 23% of Republicans said he scored best on this metric compared with the other candidates, an ABC News/Washington Post poll from that time found. And yet Trump held a 20-point-plus lead over the rest of the field in the primary ballot test in the same poll.

Then after Trump was elected president, you never knew what missive he was going to send from his Twitter account in the middle of the night.

Only a bare majority of people (52%) who held a favorable view of Trump just after his election thought he used Twitter appropriately, according to a Fox News poll. (Meanwhile, 90% of those who viewed him unfavorably believed he used Twitter inappropriately.)

Consider the latest Wall Street Journal poll taken after the first Republican presidential debate of the 2024 cycle. Trump was tied with President Joe Biden among those who would vote if the 2024 election was held today.

Yet, Trump faced a massive likability deficit in the same poll. Just 31% of voters said Trump was a likable person, while 48% said the same for Biden.

The reason why the race was so close came down to the issues. Trump held an 11-point edge (51% to 40%) when voters were asked who had a strong record of accomplishment as president. Likewise, more voters thought Trump had a vision for the future (52%) than Biden (44%).

One issue on which Trump has dominated his opponents has been the economy. In a spring ABC News/Washington Post survey, 54% of Americans said Trump did a better job of handling the economy when he was president compared with 36% for Biden.

Former US President Donald Trump attends the UFC 290 event at T-Mobile Arena on July 08, 2023 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Republican voters think Trump is electable. They may be right
This is the same dynamic that helped Trump win the presidency in 2016. In the ABC/Post poll taken during the 2016 primary season, Trump held leads between 30 and 40 points over his GOP rivals on the issues of immigration and terrorism (the two issues asked in the poll). He was up by a similar margin on the question of who was a strong leader.

To some extent, the opposite is true of Trump’s detractors. Yes, you’ll hear some people say they disagree with him over traditional liberal and conservative issues. But far more often, the dislike of Trump has more to do with his personality or his legal and ethical issues.

When Trump was on his way to losing reelection in 2020, only 34% of Americans said he was too conservative in an ABC News/Washington Post poll from last month. A plurality (43%) said he was about right in his views.

More recently, only 2% of Americans listed “Republican/conservative” as the first word that comes to their minds about Trump, according to an AP/NORC poll from August. Just 1% say he’s a “dictator” or “fascist”.

People who associated negative words with Trump were far likelier to say he’s “corrupt”, a “liar”, a “bully”, etc., in the AP/NORC poll.

The point I’m trying to make here is that Trump’s personality is something that disqualifies him in the minds of a lot of voters. It’s not something that qualifies him for his supporters. It’s a side effect for his backers.

Many choose to look past it because they believe Trump will be able to accomplish what they want.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/05/politics/donald-trump-supporters-issues-poll/index.html

And yes, many like Donnie because, as the writer points out, he's gonna' get the job done they desire. And what is that "job"? A booming economy (again), beat down all potential threats to their "ideology," including just outright dominating the opposition at every level (as Donnie has promised in his platform). That means a large-scale persecution of Democrats too far to the Left, Marxists, Communists and other threatening types - and especially seeking revenge on everyone that sent Donnie to the courts. "I am your voice, I am your warrior, I'm your retribution," says Donnie.
Among other favorites with rightists. And so, a majority polled don't like his personality, his behavior, but they synch with his getting the job done they most desire - material wealth, eliminate all opposition in power, conform to a radicalized nationalism that abhors disloyalty to their leadership, and generally "get their way."
Donnie and his dirty crew attempted to "get their way" by seditious means, but, to his followers, that appears to be generally disregarded as nothing more than a leftist "witch hunt" which includes rejection of the courts' rulings against Donald. And that likely means violence ahead as the convictions manifest.
We're really in for it this time, as the darkest history recorded once again plagues humanity.
@y@
``Q

JTEM is Magic

Feb 18, 2024, 1:36:31 AMFeb 18
DocUfo wrote:

> I fully quote the following article:
> CNN

Why? Have you not met a single Trumper? Just ask them.

Why insist on CNN telling you what to think?

There's no such thing as journalism anymore, and hasn't been in
a very long time.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/742459256756961280

DocUfo

Feb 19, 2024, 2:08:18 PMFeb 19
An excellent example of you slipping out of the polls' stats with
anecdotal refutation.
If we all were to base our opinions on what random interviews
tell us, it's easy enough to "win" any argument.
Donald's personality wasn't thought to be "presidential" by
Steven when he won the 2016 election by EC votes. He lost by
nearly 3 million votes and got pissed and wanted a federal
investigation of all the states' voters' files. It was stopped as
unconstitutional.
Steven, however, presumed he'd be more "presidential" after
he was President.
He was dead wrong, but his continued poor public and
business behaviors are dismissed because he "gets things
done." There were 44 Presidents before Donnie and a number
of them got lots of important things done without acting like
a total asshole and a psychopath.
If it now takes a complete nut case, chronic liar and business
fraud to "get things done" I'd conclude those supporting him
have no problem getting down and dirty to attain "success."
And that "success" was also achieved during the pre-WW2
Germany era, with Chancellor Hitler turning Germany into a
totalitarian police state. And later, a mass graveyard.
@y=
``Q

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SX7Uh_79mP8

JTEM is Magic

Feb 19, 2024, 2:13:02 PMFeb 19
DocUfo wrote:

> An excellent example of you slipping out of the polls' stats with
> anecdotal refutation.

Consistency is the greatest sin of the Clown World and you, my
dear, are no sinner.

When have I NOT criticized polls or explained that they don't mean
what you (or anyone else) thinks they mean?

I have been consistent.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/742209521655627776

DocUfo

Feb 19, 2024, 2:31:43 PMFeb 19
I'm afraid highly subjective random interviews of Trumpers won't be replacing
pollsters' stats anytime soon.
It's as clear as day: polls show it's not personality problems that attract
voters but that Donnie's policies get the job done to their satisfaction -
which is the same as implying they're as self-serving as their warped leader.
His way is their way of getting things done - and that comprises a litany of
childish unfounded accusations, name calling, ridicule, devaluation of worth
as a human being if in opposition to his Highness.
What will stop him if the courts won't or can't, is that among the bipartisan
voters, he hasn't gotten popular majority in two elections.
But all this is just diarrheic chatter, isn't it? The J6 trial is a few weeks away
and after that one, and many more court sessions to come on a wide variety
of criminal and civil violations he's accused of, the wheat will be separated
from the chaff, the latter symbolizing LIES.
It'll be a cruel, hard, nasty harvest of truth that'll change everything about
this creepy unprecedented, stupid, hateful and depressing election year.
@y=
``V

JTEM is Magic

Feb 19, 2024, 3:31:29 PMFeb 19
DocUfo wrote:

> I'm afraid highly subjective random interviews of Trumpers won't be replacing
> pollsters' stats anytime soon.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what polls are and
what they do/mean. Period.

When people are asked questions, they do for the most part know
full well what the "Right" answer is supposed to be, and give it.

There is nothing "Special" about this year. You weren't sucked into
a parallel universe this morning. Everything taking place this year
is the result of -- perhaps part of the same continuum as -- everything
that has been occurring for decades. 2016 created Trump. Where
were you in 2016? What were you doing?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/Trump/page/13