THREE DAYS *****

Mike

Feb 18, 2024, 1:06:28 PMFeb 18

JTEM is Magic

Feb 18, 2024, 1:38:23 PMFeb 18

Mike

Feb 18, 2024, 1:44:48 PMFeb 18
On Sunday 18 February 2024 at 10:38:23 UTC-8, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> Mike wrote:
> > https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20240222T00&p0=256&msg=Countdown+to+the+end+of+Nostradamus&font=cursive
>

> Any suggestions for a newsfeed?

It seems impractical to go back to ancient technology.
We might as well get ham radios, probably cheaper
in the long run. It's time to move on to brighter things.
Don't you think? Free speech is a thing of the past.
We might as well just accept it.

JTEM is Magic

Feb 18, 2024, 2:04:49 PMFeb 18
Mike wrote:

> It seems impractical to go back to ancient technology.
> We might as well get ham radios, probably cheaper
> in the long run. It's time to move on to brighter things.
> Don't you think? Free speech is a thing of the past.
> We might as well just accept it.

Yes we live in a post free-speech world. Absolutely. But I do
like the exchanges and nothing approved by the 1% is
conducive to actual discussion threads.

Facebook? They like to hide replies, if not just plain delete
them... "Relevant comments," they sometimes show you. And
they show a count -- you might see that there's 60 replies --
but you can only read a handful.

Facebook is all about controlling people!

Even if you can see replies, it's quite a chore to wade through
them.

Youtube? Comments vanish all the time. People complain
about being "shadow banned." Someone will reply to me, I'll
even get a notice, but it's next to impossible to find the
context.

Tumblr? Search for "JTEM" and you'll find "ITEM." And
conversation threads? They're as bad as Youtube. And there's
no discernible "Threads."

AND EVERYWHERE: People are such worthless shits!

They'll complain over NOTHING, block you over NOTHING --
literally NOTHING WHAT SO EVER! I follow a number of tags
on Tumblr, a number of times a post showed up, I hit the
"Like" button AND THEY BLOCKED ME! Like, why?

I commented on photos a number of times to have some idiot
tell me that they didn't give me permission to look... IT'S THE
FUCKING WORLD WIDE WEB!

NUMEROUS people have stated that nobody is allowed to
reblog their posts... READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE! People
who reblog a post are USING THE SITE AS IT IS INTENDED!

And they'll complain: "HE read my post! HE reblogged my
post!"

Tumblr has slid down hill on a toboggan. Virtually everything
I loved about it is gone: Usenet style blocking where you
controlled yourself and got over the control-freak bullshit.

Gone. Now it's Facebook style.

I've had shits reblog a post of mine and immediately block
me. So I went to their blog, ignored the message telling
blocked people to stop looking at their archive, found the
reblog, screenshot it, posted it with my comment AND THEN
complained to Tumblr over an interface where they stop
you from responding to something somebody said TO YOU
on YOUR OWN POST. Dumb.

How about this: Go back to the usenet style "Block" where
you stop seeing the offending party and nobody else is
inflected with your lack of bladder control. Done.

Oh. And the free porn. That's gone too.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/742459256756961280

Mike

Feb 18, 2024, 2:56:00 PMFeb 18
I feel the same way about everything said.
ChatGPT is just as bad, and everything you
ask or say is no doubt being used to build
a profile of you. Everything is all censored,
so there is no escape to anything.

When you told me that Mercedes Benz was
'pretentious' I asked ChatGPT if it thought that.

Apparently ChatGPT is programmed not to say
anything bad about the corporations. Heavens
forbid if it told me that some Mercedes Benz are
gas guslars.

Some might say go out and meet some 'real people',
but it seems like everyone has gone mad. Everyone
is carrying recording devices, so there is no privacy
there either. Free speech anywhere is
no longer an option.

In some regards that is a good thing, people
are more careful. But it's gotten to the point
where one can't even conduct business
anymore. Way too many risks and challenges.
What has the world come to, and where is this
all heading?

I liked the news groups because to some
extent there was still some privacy. I wouldn't
even consider Face Book, because of some of
the things you mentioned, but worst of all, my
family, old friends and acquaintances are always
scanning to find out whatever they can about
me.

They only privacy I feel I have now is the fact
that my name is very common. If anyone tries
to look me up, there would be lots of others
with my name they would have to sift through.
In the past I've felt some security from having
a very common name, but even that is slowly
vanishing. I've always liked being a private
person but there isn't even privacy in you
own apartment anymore. What can we do?