Beyond Machines: The Year 3000, Rudy Rucker

Mike

Nov 26, 2021, 5:38:38 AM11/26/21
Beyond Machines: The Year 3000, Rudy Rucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifddXYCPCYU

JTEM is Magic

Nov 26, 2021, 9:43:16 AM11/26/21
Mike wrote:

> Beyond Machines: The Year 3000, Rudy Rucker
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifddXYCPCYU

Yeah but if memory was life then all of our phones, computers and even
TVs would be alive.

Actually I see it about consciousness and not memories. Without
consciousness, your "Life" is not different from that of a department
store mannequin.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/668871655684276224

Mike

Nov 26, 2021, 12:34:08 PM11/26/21
On Friday, 26 November 2021 at 06:43:16 UTC-8, JTEM is Magic wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>
> > Beyond Machines: The Year 3000, Rudy Rucker
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifddXYCPCYU
> Yeah but if memory was life then all of our phones, computers and even
> TVs would be alive.
>
> Actually I see it about consciousness and not memories. Without
> consciousness, your "Life" is not different from that of a department
> store mannequin.

I'm not sure if you watched the whole thing. Toward the end
he starts talking about growing your own home that even grows
your food for you. Even buildings can be grown genetically.